Blogging, Part III

Talk about blogs, messageboards, and other social media like Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, and LiveJournal.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Blogging, Part III

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ Funny you should say that. :lol: I was going to post here asking you to advertise when a new post goes up. I try to check every so often, but I am an absent-minded professor and I'm terrible at it. Today was a day off and I was trying to catch up on things that I've been neglecting.

Also, I was going to report that the site is still buggy. I also posted a response to your autobiographical piece and the Emma Watson piece, but it took several tries to get them to go through. The Emma Watson one was giving me the duplicate post message and I had to change a few words to get it to go through. Hopefully you can see them both. If not, I'll try to post again.
Madeliaette wrote:509 Bird Story :eek:
yes RJ.... :D
it was the 19th top read blog at Orble yesterday!!!! :sweetlove: :thumbsup:
That's wonderful, but so weird that nobody comments. Maybe you could try provoking them by asking what people think of something or asking if anybody has seen anything similar or whatever.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^^ Thank you, RJ. I'm sorry my blog is so 'buggy'. The administrators here seem powerless to do anything about it.

It's true that very few people leave comments. I attribute it to people being so busy. I wish there was some equivalent to a "guestbook" for people to sign -- or click on -- just to show that they were there. :yes:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

scottydog wrote:^^ Thank you, RJ. I'm sorry my blog is so 'buggy'. The administrators here seem powerless to do anything about it.
I just copy and save what I write so that I can try again if it doesn't go through. :)
It's true that very few people leave comments. I attribute it to people being so busy. I wish there was some equivalent to a "guestbook" for people to sign -- or click on -- just to show that they were there. :yes:
I just wonder if people do leave comments, but they don't go through.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

I checj the regular blog but not the movie one, scottydog. th8ing is, i dont realy have anything of value to say, so rarely comment....
true RJ - but then i might get a whole hap of comments to take all day to replyto - whilst i would like a few comments i dont think i would want 505 in one shot - the blog scored 505 readers yesterday. must be doing somethinj right - its usually 250-300.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

I've attracted tens of thousands of spammers' comments over the years. So I'm feelin' the love! :lol: :veryhappy:
emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

I'm trying to build up my enthusiasm for mine, which is weird because I've been to so many interesting places lately. :mellow: I really need to post something before I head north Tuesday. :yes:
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Madeliaette wrote:true RJ - but then i might get a whole hap of comments to take all day to replyto - whilst i would like a few comments i dont think i would want 505 in one shot -
Yeah, that's a good point.
scottydog wrote:I've attracted tens of thousands of spammers' comments over the years. So I'm feelin' the love! :lol: :veryhappy:
Maybe that's why the comments won't go through. The blog is just sick of them. :lol: Also I meant to ask if I've missed anything-- I thought Lupy had something new coming up.
emma glitch wrote:I'm trying to build up my enthusiasm for mine, which is weird because I've been to so many interesting places lately. :mellow: I really need to post something before I head north Tuesday. :yes:
Maybe you could just copy and paste the posts you make here and at EI and just expand on them a little. :yes:

emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

RJDiogenes wrote:
emma glitch wrote:I'm trying to build up my enthusiasm for mine, which is weird because I've been to so many interesting places lately. :mellow: I really need to post something before I head north Tuesday. :yes:
Maybe you could just copy and paste the posts you make here and at EI and just expand on them a little. :yes:
That is a very good idea! I often copy and paste to my journal, so why not to my blog? :yes:
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Absolutely. Make full use of the technology. :D :computer:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:Also I meant to ask if I've missed anything-- I thought Lupy had something new coming up.
I don't think you've missed anything. I just posted an essay about Bill Cosby. I really should find time to post something about the heroes and villains in the Ferguson mess. :no:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

RJDiogenes wrote:I thought Lupy had something new coming up.
I did write one, but I never got around to sending it off the Scotty. :blush: Maybe sometime after the Ferguson fiasco. :no:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^^ I'll look forward to receiving it. :yes:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Sweet. I should come up with something new, too.

The only person resembling a hero in the Ferguson fiasco that I've noticed is MLK's daughter. Well, the kid's parents, too, I suppose.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^^ It would be awesome to get a contribution from any of you. I should check to see how many visitors your blog posts (and Lupy's) have attracted. The last time I checked, the number was several thousand. Maddy, I'll take a peek at how many readers of your self-immolator post has attracted.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

that'd be interesting to see... :thumbsup: