Check-In thread - There Can Be Only One!

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
blablover5
Centurion
Centurion

Re: Check-In thread - There Can Be Only One!

Post by blablover5 »

Cayla wrote:^
Sometimes, one needs a vacation from their vacation. Whenever I go away, I try to have at least one day at home before going back to work.

Ugh. I have to drive my boss home every night this week. She lives in the opposite direction from me.
We had originally planned to do that, but then we found out about a special MST3K thing Saturday night and so we stayed a day.

It was totally worth it, even if we are gonna pay for it for a few days.
Arisen from the ashes of many burned asunder accounts I come to fill your heart with blackest ink and glitter!
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

Good evening everyone! Glad to hear you're back in one piece blab. Hope the Honeymoon went well.

I am in a fantastically good mood right now. Probably due to the fact that I have been crying with laughter for the past hour. At the other place, I was looking at a "History" thread in Misc, about the "Spam wars", and other things like that. Also in that thread, are some references to the antics of one Major Barcalow...oh my god, I thought I was going to die of laughter reading some of ( well, actually all) of his archived posts. That man seems to have the grammar and writing skills of a 10 year old ( I actually know a few who are far better writers than him), and the emotional control of a pot smoking chimpanzee. Man, TBBS has some funny characters...this Barcalow fellow reminds me of a poster at Flare, named esecallum. Granted, his posts are nowhere near as humorous, and are mostly intended to troll, but still, they give a good laugh. Actually, in "E"'s case, the funny things were really the responses he garnered from the Flarites, including myself.

Gotta love the internet... :D

Hope everyone enjoys their evening!

:sing:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good evening, everyone!

I had a busy day at work. Afterwards, I spent a few hours at my grandmother's, and then Ron and I went grocery shopping. Right now I have dinner in the oven, a pot of bean soup on the stove for tomorrow, and I am getting ready to make more pickles with the cuccumbers I bought over the weekend. I had to take a minute to sit down, check the boards, and enjoy my coffee with Bailey's.

Sean, I finally got a chance to read several pages of a certain poster's usual "relationship thread" over there. It is hilarious.

After an emotional week, I am finally starting to get back to being myself. On top of the problems I have had at work, I left my husband last Tuesday. We spent the day yesterday trying to figure things out. Right now it seems everything is going to be okay between us.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

I'm running quite late. I stopped by Trek Chat to say good-bye to Emh. :bye:

I haven't had a chance to read that History Thread yet. Major Barcalow was before my time, I think, but I've heard him mentioned here and there. :D
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

Cayla wrote:
After an emotional week, I am finally starting to get back to being myself. On top of the problems I have had at work, I left my husband last Tuesday. We spent the day yesterday trying to figure things out. Right now it seems everything is going to be okay between us.
:jawdrop: I do hope everything is okay between the two of you. Best of luck! :hug:

Evening everyone! I am like a giant bottle of moisturizer right now...I have enough of the stuff slathered on me. soon. Having all these open sores on me can't be too good for the immuns system. I've narrowed down the causes though. Most likely a combo of stress, and the weather. Cayla, I think I'll be joining you for that Baily's and coffee... :mellow:

Sleep well everyone!

:sing:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
Joel
Augur
Augur

Post by Joel »

RJDiogenes wrote:Good evening, everyone. :hello:

I'm running quite late. I stopped by Trek Chat to say good-bye to Emh. :bye:
You missed a moment were madness happened. Quite fun.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Checking in very, very late. I got all excited when my latest order from Amazon arrived today. :blush:

I'll spend more time tomorrow.
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Hasu
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Hasu »

EEEK I GOT A 94 ON A MIDTERM

Im not as dumb as i thought i was!~
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ Toldja. ;)

Good morning, ReNexters. :hello:

Insomnia. :yawn:
Cayla wrote:After an emotional week, I am finally starting to get back to being myself. On top of the problems I have had at work, I left my husband last Tuesday. We spent the day yesterday trying to figure things out. Right now it seems everything is going to be okay between us.
Whoa. :eek: I don't know how I missed this. That's what I get for being in a hurry. I'm glad you guys have worked things out, Cayla; I hope you don't have any more problems. :mellow:
Elim wrote:You missed a moment were madness happened. Quite fun.
I don't doubt it. It was crazy enough when I stopped by. :D
jgc wrote:Checking in very, very late. I got all excited when my latest order from Amazon arrived today. :blush:
Cool. What did you get? B)
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Checked in late last night - checking in late this morning. The strangest thing happened...my alarm went off at 5:50, I listened to a song, closed my eyes for a second and it was 6:33...... :mellow:

RJ, since I've been on an old TV show kick lately, I got the A-Team.
Imagine by John Lennon

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Cayla wrote:After an emotional week, I am finally starting to get back to being myself. On top of the problems I have had at work, I left my husband last Tuesday. We spent the day yesterday trying to figure things out. Right now it seems everything is going to be okay between us.
Double yikes! :eek: . I'm glad things are working out though.
Hasu wrote:EEEK I GOT A 94 ON A MIDTERM

Im not as dumb as i thought i was!~
Congrats! :thumbsup:

Tired again this morning :yawn: . I got some hay yesterday so naturally I woke last night with an allergy attack.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

^ I'm tired, too. I got to bed really late, and then couldn't fall asleep. I was still awake at 1:45. Now I'm grumpy and the people at work are paying the price. :lol:

I worked my butt off lateley to get a new photocopier for the office. Had all the details worked out and at the last second, the guys changed how they wanted to pay for it. I just sorta gave the whole thing over to my coworker - one of the guys. I'm really grumpy. :mellow:
Imagine by John Lennon

blablover5
Centurion
Centurion

Post by blablover5 »

I am being drowned in pictures.

Someone pull me out and then offer a recap of what's going on.
Arisen from the ashes of many burned asunder accounts I come to fill your heart with blackest ink and glitter!
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

^
I want to see wedding pictures!

The patient from hell just left. It's always lovely to start the work day with him in the schedule. My boss had me block out her schedule on Friday, because she has a 1pm "Doctor's Appointment". DUI court is usually one week after arrest, and on Friday afternoons.

Is it 7pm yet? I'm ready to go home.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
blablover5
Centurion
Centurion

Post by blablover5 »

I'll have to shrink them down. Or maybe I'll have a super huge come see blab's pictures thread. That might be better. Or at least easier.

The lights just went out for some reason.