tonglen for gepe.jpg (127.01 KiB) Viewed 2300 times
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Tonglen for Gepe

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good luck to Gepe and the other political prisoners. :(

Did you write that, Maddie?
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

Nods...yep, guilty!! I put it on a plaque so it would be suited to spreading round the internet!! :D
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

It's nice. I hope he gets to see it someday. :yes:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

It is more a prayerful piece wishing for his wellbeing, than a poem for his eyes to read.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Still, I bet he would be very pleased to see it.

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

I think he would need it translated!!!! :lol: I do not know enough Tibetan to be able to do so.... only a few prayers and the odd word!
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

He might speak English. Very likely one of his friends does. There's always Google translate. :D

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

They don't have the same options in Tibet as we do in the 'free' world, RJ... :no: A lot of Google is banned for example, including the search feature!!!! I think he would be likely to speak Tibetan and Chinese....but...
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Well, that's true. But he probably has somebody among his circle who knows English.

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

Actually... he might figure out the title - 'Tonglen' being a Tibetan Buddhist practice, and his own name.... but... :yes: :D
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

There is news....
"Gebhe free but not really: famous Tibetan singer Gebhe was authorised by Chinese police to visit his dying mother, but should be back to police station, according to one well informed common friend, who spoke to him yesterday. Gebhe dissapeared after his concert in Ngaba, three weeks ago."
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Well, that might be a sign that they're worried about all the attention he's getting, anyway.

emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

That is a beautiful and touching prayerful piece, Maddie. I send my good wishes to him as well. I learned a long time ago that good thoughts and prayers focused on a particular person can lift that person's spirits, because I have experienced it.
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

I have a friend, who has a friend, who knows Gepe - which is how I learned of the temp-release for him to see his dying mother. He has many fans all over the world and not just in Tibet - so Free Tibet have included him in their ongoing 'free the singers' petition... but some of these singers are facing jail terms of around 6 years just for singing songs that mean something to them and their fans....and seeing how the Chinese treat other prisoners, such as monks and political protesters, being detained, sentenced, jailed - is so much more dangerous in Tibet than the US, UK, AU....a lot of prisoners are only released when they are about to die... so it is all concerning to his fans.

stuff like I wrote above comes to me naturally when i sit and think about what his life might be like... and now, with his mother dying, he has a brief taste of partial freedom - i mean, I can imagine how it would feel to be close to losing your mother, knowing that right after you were back in Chinese hands once more - detained, facing eventual trial (unfair) and jail sentences.... just because you sang songs that people enjoyed and appreciated...?

I try to stop imagination and tune in to what is happening in this precise case...focus on Gepe and sense/share what he is (or may be - as i am not perfected in closing off imagination always) facing and feeling... Tonglen is a practice where we visualise/imagine taking the negatives away and offering our positives in their place...something i am working with but not yet expert on, and as Emma said - sometimes the focus and intent can reach thru on the spiritual level... I do other prayer-practices as well in the hope that on some level it can be of help.

I have been playing his youtubes for some time. His vocal talent/range exceeds most singers that i know. I think China may realize that he has fans around the world and have let him go to his mother to 'appear good' in the worlds eyes... I dont know what the outcome will be - how long he will be in detention before a trial/sentence, how long he will be jailed for, what condition he will be in when eventually free.... My prayers are not as talented as his voice, but i will keep praying