2015 politics: hang on to your seats!

Gather here to discuss elections, laws, and the issues of the day.

Moderator: RJDiogenes

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Re: 2015 politics: hang on to your seats!

Post by Lupine »

^I found out that when you share you have to specify who sees it. I was sharing a lot of stuff for a while without realizing that I was only sharing with family.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

One weird thing I noticed is that when my Brother shares one of my posts, people on my Friends list can see it and comment on it. I'm not sure if that's because I'm tagged on it, or because it originally appeared on my timeline.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Because you're tagged I think.

Facebook is a mystery.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Wrapped in an enigma.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

And deep-fried in a paranoid conspiracy. :crazy:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Facebook is Big Brother. :mellow:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Here's a great article on Donald Trump in NY Magazine. It explains the craziness, and why it is important.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... b-share-di#
emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

^Interesting. :D
Trump lacks the comic chops of a Colbert or Paulsen, and, unlike the screenwriters of movies like Bulworth and Nashville, he is witless. His instrument of humor is the bitch-slap, blunt and cruel — Don Rickles dumbed down to the schoolyard. But when he hits a worthy target and exerts himself beyond his usual repertoire of lazy epithets (Loser! Dope! Slob!), he is funny, in part because his one-liners have the ring of truth. When Eric Cantor endorsed Jeb Bush, Trump asked, “Who wants the endorsement of a guy who lost in perhaps the greatest upset in the history of Congress?”
I'll give him credit for this:
Trump does take heretical economic positions for a Republican — “The hedge-fund guys are getting away with murder!” — but on the matters of race, women, and immigration that threaten the GOP’s future viability in nonwhite, non-male America, he is at one with his party’s base. What he does so rudely is call the GOP’s bluff by saying loudly, unambiguously, and repeatedly the ugly things that other Republican politicians try to camouflage in innuendo, focus-group-tested euphemisms, and consultantspeak.
And this: :D
Another change Trump may bring about is a GOP rethinking of its embrace of the Supreme Court’s Citizens United decision unleashing unlimited campaign contributions. Citizens United was supposed to be a weapon wielded mainly against Democrats, but Trump is using it as a club to bludgeon Republicans. “I’m using my own money,” he said when announcing his candidacy. “I’m not using lobbyists, I’m not using donors. I don’t care. I’m really rich.” By Washington etiquette, it’s a no-no for a presidential candidate to gloat about his wealth. Especially if you’re a wealthy Republican, it’s axiomatic that you follow the George H.W. Bush template of pretending to savor pork rinds.
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I think he's just retarded, and I mean that literally. He's obviously an idiot savant when it comes to getting people to make money for him, but he has that look about him of a person who has either a congenital deficit or someone who never fully came back from a substance abuse problem.

emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

I think of Trump as the Archie Bunker of American politics. Who knew that a character meant to be that unlikable would grow on the public? :wtf: :unsure:

On a more positive note, I love the ingenuity of American women. The artist who created a portrait of Angry Blustering Trump from her own menstrual blood, sheer genius! :guffaw: :eek: :D
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

That's the 21st Century for you. :mellow:

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Democratic Underground has a variation on that.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I think they're both like this:

:lol:

emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

Lupine wrote:Democratic Underground has a variation on that.
Good one. :D