2015 politics: hang on to your seats!

Gather here to discuss elections, laws, and the issues of the day.

Moderator: RJDiogenes

Gary
Senator
Senator

Re: 2015 politics: hang on to your seats!

Post by Gary »

RJDiogenes wrote:Slow and steady wins the race. :lol:

I'm not exactly a big fan of Hillary, but Trump makes even her look good. Elections seem to get stranger every cycle.
I roll my eyes at pundits who go ga-ga over the Iowa and New Hampshire primaries, acting like they really matter when all they really do is more or less "cull the herd". I will be surprised if Jeb Bush lasts up to Super Tuesday but definitely see him dropping out afterward. Cruz us an absolute putz, but he'll manage to stay in third for fourth and will last to Super Tuesday. Fiorina was an absolutely LOUSY business manager (something the rubes can't understand). I don't see her, Christie, and a few others, from the Clown Car, lasting to Super Tuesday.

And, for the Big Enchilada -- There is currently a case to be heard regarding Cruz's eligibility to run for the Presidency. Based on some some current info I read recently, not only is the answer 'No', but it's an absolute swift kick in the ass NO! And to see the Courts rule against him will be absolute GOLD.

My thoughts on hypothetical elections:

Trump vs Bernie Sanders = A tight race for the popular vote and Electoral Vote. I think Sanders could edge out Trump.
Trump vs Hillary Clinton = A very tight race that I believe would result in Trump being elected.
Trump wins = Four years of a President who is always at odds with Congress and is defeated for a second term. The last one-term Republican President was George HW Bush, and the last one-term Democrat President was Jimmy Carter.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

I wondered when this would happen: Trump: I Could Stand on 5th Avenue and ‘Shoot Somebody, and I Wouldn’t Lose Any Voters’

His based is certifiably nuts.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^Unfortunately I think Trump's right about that. He can literally get away with nearly everything at this point.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Crap! This is another one that got away from us! We need a 2016 thread as the fun has started.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Indeed we do, and here it is.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape: