2015 politics: hang on to your seats!

Gather here to discuss elections, laws, and the issues of the day.

Moderator: RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: 2015 politics: hang on to your seats!

Post by RJDiogenes »

Unbelievable. How do morons like this get elected to office? How do they even function out in the world? :veryhappy:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Better question: how do people who vote for these morons function in the real world? :lol:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Seriously.

I think the answer is that they probably don't.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

Sure wish I had thought to fling that one in the face of the various thank you for your service what do you mean you don't share my politics idiots whose clubs I won't be joining. :as: Went to the community clubs expo again. :D
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

It's pretty scary out there these days.

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Sure, and leave the anti-American extremists in charge. I think I'd rather stay and continue the Revolution till it's done. :quill:

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Y'All Qaeda. :lol:

Well, it's certainly encouraging to know that umpteen mentally ill socially maladjusted teenagers were handed over to a retarded anti-American gun nut for safekeeping. I'm sure he trained them well.

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

I've been paying more attention to how the caucuses (caucii) for both parties have been shaping up, and I have to say that I will *not* be surprised if Trump wins the GOP nomination. Ted Cruz has proven to be very dislikable and, quite frankly, has a very punchable face. He has made enemies all around The Beltway, so even if he were President, he'd be lucky to accomplish in one year what President Obama has done in any given month of his two terms.

That being said, I can see Bernie Sanders winning the Democratic nomination. The e-mail scandal, along with the possibility that the FBI is SCREAMING that it calls for an indictment, does not bode well for her. Also, it is becoming more clear that she is about as unlikeable as Ted Cruz, and people are seeing her for the ruthless, power hungry person she is.

Hang on, everyone! It's going to be a bumpy couple of months.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

I don't think Bernie Sanders will win the nomination due to the fact that he so far has failed to garner much minority support. He does well in mostly white states (like the early primaries) but he has an uphill fight in other states. Also if he does win I'm not confident he can win a general election. Clinton has been taking a lot of hits but Sanders has yet to experience any serious fire and I'm not sure he can hold up.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Sanders is our best bet. I don't understand why he's lacking minority support, but there's not much about the current political climate that makes sense.

Trump and Cruz are both batshit crazy, but Trump is more likely to lose the general election. Of course, if he loses the nomination and runs as an independent, he'll almost definitely lose it for the Republicans.

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

There's a lot of static going on out there, but overall, every thing I hear says Sanders is picking up steam. Hillary is apparently furious that *this time* would *definitely* be her coronation, and that's not happening.

Hell, they stuffed Bill in the background because of the 747 load of baggage attached to him, and her baggage keeps growing.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Gary wrote:There's a lot of static going on out there, but overall, every thing I hear says Sanders is picking up steam.
The problem is that "Sanders surging" has been a meme throughout the campaign. Sanders was supposedly surging September 27, 2015 and again on Oct 19, 2015. So I'm a little skeptical on the notion, unless it's the slowest surge in history.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Slow and steady wins the race. :lol:

I'm not exactly a big fan of Hillary, but Trump makes even her look good. Elections seem to get stranger every cycle.