Blogging 4...

Talk about blogs, messageboards, and other social media like Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, and LiveJournal.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Blogging 4...

Post by RJDiogenes »

No problem. :yes:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I guess I haven't checked in a while. I'm up to 388 followers. :eek:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^^ Nice! I still think you'll make it to 500 by March. :yes:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Thank you. I think I'd need to pick up more than one a day to accomplish that. I might make 400, though. :yes:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Well, I said you'd make it to 500 by March. Was I right?

In case Maddie didn't see it, my buddy Dick Mercer has posted several blog essays on Buddhist approaches to heroism. Here's one of them https://blog.richmond.edu/heroes/2015/0 ... ompassion/
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

As of today, I am at 398. So it's a good thing you didn't specify a year. :lol:

I'm going to check out the Heroes Blog tomorrow after I do my taxes. I've been very neglectful (of several things, including my deviantArt gallery-- I need longer weekends). I also have a couple of contributions in progress that I need to work on.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:As of today, I am at 398. So it's a good thing you didn't specify a year. :lol:

I'm going to check out the Heroes Blog tomorrow after I do my taxes. I've been very neglectful (of several things, including my deviantArt gallery-- I need longer weekends). I also have a couple of contributions in progress that I need to work on.
400 is nothing to sneeze at. Congrats! :thumbsup:

Glad to hear you have something up your sleeve regarding a heroes blog contribution. You and Lupy always show such creativity in what and who you write about. :yes:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

400 is great. Anything above one is great. :lol:

I'll try to get those essays done soonish....

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I was reviewing the Heroes Blog today-- looks like the first page at least is stuff I've already read. But I see you've got a couple of new books scheduled to come out next month. :yes: Although I confess that I cringe at the thought of heroes of the Millennial Generation. :lol:

I also checked out the Handbook of Heroism, but it's kind of expensive. :unsure:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Yeah, the Handbook of Heroism is way over-priced. The publisher sets the price, not us. If any of the chapters inside look interesting to you, I'll send you them for free.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I'm sure it's all interesting, but I wish I could buy it. Even the Kindle version is over a hundred dollars. The paperback is cheaper than that, but apparently only available from third-party sellers. What are they thinking? :unsure:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^^ For Handbooks, publishers seen college and university libraries as their primary customers. Those libraries have big acquisition budgets. If you want to know why college tuition has skyrocketed over the past 30 years, I can give you several reasons. This is one of them.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

That drives me crazy. The first thing a society should be investing in is its kids. :no:

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I am now at 407. :writing:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:I am now at 407. :writing:
Closing in on 500....