More "Watchmen" fallout...

Latest breaking news and comments along with posters reviews

Moderators: PhoenixHope, Grim

PhoenixHope
Administrators

More "Watchmen" fallout...

#1 Post by PhoenixHope » March 14th, 2009, 11:47 pm

Okay, when I say more you may not know what I'm talking about unless you are a Fandom_Wank regular. On March Fifth Fandom_Wank found this interesting little tidbit and mocked and mocked and... Well, you get the idea, and I'm not dissing FW for mocking.

Note: I have not seen the movie yet, but the above "wank" amused me. The OP (original poster) started out with a valid point, but it quickly delves into a ragin' wankfest.

Anyway, the newest round is because "Watchmen" screenwriter David Hayter writes a sincere but slightly tongue-in-cheek open letter on Hardcore Nerdity to "Watchmen" fans and non-fans.

The open letter contains gems such as:
All this time, you’ve been waiting for a director who was going to hit you in the face with this story. To just crack you in the jaw, and then bend you over the pool table with this story.
Gee, I wonder what kind of reaction folks will have to this letter. *evil grin* I've been told the "fun" reaction doesn't really start until page three in the comments.

(Yes, I know I said I wasn't going to get rabid with the news postings again, but really this deserves some attention all around in my opinion.)
About the new avatar - my old one was slightly too big.
Yeah, I could go on about new board/new avatar, but really not.
:lol: