Bad news for "Being Human" UK fans...

Latest breaking news and comments along with posters reviews

Moderators: PhoenixHope, Grim

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Bad news for "Being Human" UK fans...

#1 Post by PhoenixHope » February 8th, 2013, 12:40 am

BBC Three’s supernatural trio will confront the ultimate evil in the final episodes of Being Human.

So the current season of Being Human (aka the UK version or The Original Version) will be the last.

It was announced today that the current series of Being Human will be the last, as the supernatural drama on BBC Three reaches an apocalyptic end, with our heroes facing their toughest adversary yet... the Devil!

Being Human first aired as a stand-alone pilot in 2008 and soon became a popular addition to BBC Three’s schedule. It has gained a loyal Sunday night audience, with a ratings high of 1.6 million and a highest average audience of 1.2 million.

Link

Sadly I've not yet watched the UK version the only thing I know about it was the big wank-storm from awhile back when the wolf's girlfriend killed Aidan (or somehow otherwise caused his demise), but some suggest the news isn't entirely unexpected, though I doubt it has anything to do with the wank-storm from awhile back.
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

Re: Bad news for "Being Human" UK fans...

#2 Post by RJDiogenes » February 8th, 2013, 1:01 am

I've seen two episodes of the BBC version. The pilot, which was very similar to ours. And the most recent episode (most recent as of a couple weeks ago, anyway), which was way, way different-- there was some sort of Vampiric post-apocalyptic Limbo afterlife time travel storyline going on. I hope ours doesn't head in that direction-- I prefer the smaller, more personal stories.

How many seasons did the BBC version run? Four? It's entirely possible that ours will last longer, I suppose, since we're on Season 3 now.
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)