Movies movies all around?

Latest breaking news and comments along with posters reviews

Moderators: PhoenixHope, Grim

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Movies movies all around?

#1 Post by PhoenixHope » March 16th, 2013, 2:41 am

No, seriously, could this be the start of something big for canceled TV shows? Perhaps.

Who knows? But it's certain this kind of thing will make more progress than other write in or internet save our show campaigns.

This is good news for me personally because if SyFy does something stupid like cancelling Haven before I'm ready then we has options now!
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

Re: Movies movies all around?

#2 Post by RJDiogenes » March 16th, 2013, 9:49 pm

Yeah, I saw this! I never watched Veronica Mars, but I think this is wonderful news-- they've already exceeded their goal by over 50% and have done far better than Space Command (which also exceeded its goal and which I did contribute to).

With projects like these being so successful, it could really change the dynamic of how shows are greenlighted and funded. There are certainly a few canceled shows that I would like to have more of and a few movies that I'd like to see sequels to, and no doubt there are some interesting projects that have a hard time getting funded. One example would be RHW's Defender project. Joss Whedon has already thrown cold water on Firefly, but there's still Babylon 5, Stargate, Star Trek, Eureka, Sanctuary-- well, I could go on and on. I'm very excited about this. :D

In fact, I'm thinking that some of my own projects might be able to get funding through Kickstarter......
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)