Broadcast Cancel/Renew as we enter winter finales - spring..

Latest breaking news and comments along with posters reviews

Moderators: PhoenixHope, Grim

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Broadcast Cancel/Renew as we enter winter finales - spring..

#26 Post by PhoenixHope » March 4th, 2016, 12:57 am

ABC has to my surprise dropped some renewal news - no the shows they've renewed are not surprising. The shows renewed were the ABC shows expected to be renewed. What's surprising is that ABC is generally the last network to drop any renewal news, but new head new ways.

I suppose it would be easier to list the shows ABC has not renewed, which are Castle, Nashville, Last Man Standing, Dr. Ken, The Muppets, American Crime, Galavant, and Marvel's Agent Carter.

So, now my ABC prediction list will look like this:

ABC

Canceled

Wicked City
Blood & Oil

Likely Canceled

Galavant
Nashville
The Muppets
Marvel's Agent Carter

Toss Up

Castle
American Crime
Dr. Ken
Last Man Standing

Likely Renewed

Like NBC recently ABC has just renewed all the shows that would've been listed here.

Renewed

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Quantico
Fresh Off the Boat
Once Upon A Time
black-ish
The Middle
How To Get Away With Murder
The Goldbergs
Grey's Anatomy
Scandal
Modern Family

And non-scripted renewals are: Dancing with the Stars, The Bachelor, Shark Tank, America's Funniest Home Videos.

(Not happy about the size of the toss up list, but in fairness I think probably I'll move Last Man Standing and maybe Dr. Ken to likely renewal before I officially post the list.)
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

#27 Post by RJDiogenes » March 4th, 2016, 11:21 pm

Good news for SHIELD, but not too surprising. Doesn't bode well for Agent Carter and Galavant.
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#28 Post by PhoenixHope » March 14th, 2016, 11:32 pm

And as I speculated earlier in the season the CW did indeed renew everything!

RENEWED

The Flash
Arrow
Legends of Tomorrow
Supernatural
iZombie
The 100
The Vampire Diaries
The Originals
Reign
Jane the Virgin
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Seriously, I'd already moved even Crazy Ex-Girlfriend to a toss up, though I was going to make a note that I could be wrong on that, but I guess not. Also, no news on how many episodes or when/where said shows will air just that they've all been renewed for another season. So the only scripted show to air in the 2015/16 season not yet renewed by the CW is Containment, and right now I'm making no guesses either way.

And of other importance to me FreeForm is ending Switched at Birth and has renewed Shadowhunters but so far no news (that I can find anyway) on Pretty Little Liars.

PS - In news that will make RJD happy I've moved Sleepy Hollow back to a toss up. Don't know if that'll last until I post the list sometime next week (hopefully), because while I'm happy with all but my ABC list I'm happy with all but my ABC list so I'm trying to work that out a bit before final posting.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

#29 Post by RJDiogenes » March 15th, 2016, 10:42 pm

Sweet. What made you decide that Sleepy Hollow is a toss up?

Combine that with the rumor that Agent Carter might get a third season, and we could be in for another year of miracle renewals.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#30 Post by PhoenixHope » March 15th, 2016, 11:40 pm

Honestly, it's more a gut feeling then anything else, but I'll try to explain a bit on why my gut is basically waffling on Sleepy Hollow. Actually while my ABC toss up list is bugging me because it's so big I have to admit my FOX toss up list is just as big, but several factors are keeping the size of my FOX toss up list from bugging me.

And they are: FOX ending American Idol opens them up three brand news hours mid-season this coming season that they haven't needed to program in years. Then there's the move with Scream Queens, not to mention what the CW just did, of course the CW is not FOX, but I still think FOX is going to renew a few more like Scream Queens with ratings that say cancel.

As for Marvel's Agent Carter if it is renewed then ratings had nothing to do with it because ratings for MAC are only slightly above Galavant which was barely above the quickly canceled Wicked City. Basically, MAC is at the bottom of the ABC pack, but it also has that Marvel/Disney connection which might save it.

RJDiogenes

#31 Post by RJDiogenes » March 16th, 2016, 10:26 pm

I'm not sure what the source of the rumor was, but either the new ABC boss is a fan or Marvel Studios is just too proud of it to let it go. I'd be just as happy if they'd move it to Netflix.

Yeah, the surprise renewal of Scream Queens did give me a little hope for Sleepy Hollow. We'll see.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#32 Post by PhoenixHope » March 16th, 2016, 11:51 pm

Yeah, with the exception of Dawn-O (when she was head of the CDub and in regards to Smallville/Supernatural and even then she wasn't obviously hating on them just not really pimping them out) every network pres. always loves every show on the air until its canceled and then they pretend it never existed.

So, you can't take what a network head (or network PR) say as an indication of what'll happen with any show, unless they make a FUBAR and say something they wouldn't usually say, but that doesn't usually happen and if it does happen then it might be a case like Fringe FOX said they was losing money on that but then they renewed it, so that was probably said so openly to get the studio behind Fringe to drop the fee.

Now if Marvel doesn't want to let it go, then yeah they might force ABC to keep airing it somewhere whether ABC wants to or not. Still while I have it on the toss up list my gut says (at the moment) canceled.

Re: Pretty Little Liars - I'm an idiot. *sigh* Somehow I got it in my head wrong - I had it in my head that Pretty Little Liars was airing its seventh season when it's actually airing its sixth season, so basically there will be one more year of Pretty Little Liars. So a renewal at this point would be for an eighth season and based on rumors seven might be the last.

Old lady confusion for the win!

RJDiogenes

#33 Post by RJDiogenes » March 17th, 2016, 10:23 pm

It's hard to keep track of seasons these days. They start at odd times of the year, they have long hiatuses between them, and they get spread out a lot, sometimes over years. I find it hard to know what season is what without checking.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#34 Post by PhoenixHope » March 19th, 2016, 12:11 am

FOX has renewed Gotham, while ABC has said no more to Of Kings And Prophets (i.e. canceled), and I believe NBC has said no more with You, Me and the Apocalypse, though that one may air out its remaining episodes.

RJDiogenes

#35 Post by RJDiogenes » March 19th, 2016, 9:08 pm

Wow, I think Of Kings And Prophets just started. That was quick death. Who could have foreseen that?

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#36 Post by PhoenixHope » March 21st, 2016, 4:03 am

Yeah, it didn't even last as long as Wicked City, which lasted three episodes.