Upcoming games of 2006!

To discuss all your gaming needs be they electronic, role play or board

Moderators: Grim, Mikoto

LilyPadd

Upcoming games of 2006!

#1 Post by LilyPadd » January 16th, 2006, 12:10 am

Can be seen here!

So what do we think? What we looking forward to?

Personally I think Pathologic, Pirates of the Carribean Online and of course Bioshock look awesome.

Thoughts?
Blah blah blah blah blah....

AdAstra

#2 Post by AdAstra » January 16th, 2006, 12:22 am

I'm very curious to see whether Battle for Middle-Eart 2 will be any good. BFME1 wasn't too bad, but it fell far short of its expectations.
Now that they have the license for the books, and not the movies, it seems the developers are going all out.
I hope it works! =)

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is a title to watch too. After the fabulous Morrowind, and the less fabulous but still great Daggerfall, can they improve even on that? It's the ultimate in free-form fantasty RPGs! Very curious about that. :-)

Also looking forward to Supreme Commander. From the maker of Total Annihiliation which is, in my opinion, one of thé best RTSs ever, and so far, SC looks to improve on TA quite a bit!

Something that's not in the list: Star Wars - Empire at War. It's set to come out in mid/late February, with a demo release in the next 2 weeks or so... A Star Wars RTS, set in both space and on the ground, with galaxy-spanning empire building and conquest. Want it!

=)
Infinity attracts us like a floodlight in the night, blinding us to the excesses it can inflict upon the finite
- Meditations from Bifrost Eyrie, Buddislamic Text

AdAstra

#3 Post by AdAstra » January 16th, 2006, 12:24 am

Oh, and Bioshock of course!

If only to keep my heartrate *way* up! :D

Another one I've forgotten... Neverwinter Nights 2! The first one was one of the best D&D CRPGs, and again, this one seems better in every regard. =)

I really need a job to be able to afford them all!
Infinity attracts us like a floodlight in the night, blinding us to the excesses it can inflict upon the finite

LilyPadd

#4 Post by LilyPadd » January 16th, 2006, 12:32 am

You don't have a job? You hobo you. :p

CrimsonRavage

#5 Post by CrimsonRavage » January 16th, 2006, 1:19 am

The Legend of Zelda.

aurickandrien

#6 Post by aurickandrien » January 16th, 2006, 2:04 am

I don't really follow computer games much these days, but I definitely think Spore will be the one to watch.

I'd be interested in having a look at the Star Trek MMORPG when it comes out though.
"Stuck. What it is, I think there's a jump some people have to make, sometimes, and if they don't do it, then they're stuck good ... Some jumps you have to decide on for yourself. Just figure there's something better waiting for you somewhere ..."

Tricorder

#7 Post by Tricorder » January 16th, 2006, 2:59 am

Like Addy, Oblivion. This one is going to, hehe, obliviate pretty much anything else, at least on my schedule :lol:
"What you have just witnessed, Eliza, is the spark that ignites the pan, that fires the musket, that ejects the ball, that fells the king. " - William of Orange - Quicksilver by Neal Stephenson

Grim

#8 Post by Grim » January 16th, 2006, 9:34 am

Definitely looking forward to Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, as well as Broken Sword IV & NWN 2.

Fawkes

#9 Post by Fawkes » January 16th, 2006, 9:28 pm

Scrolling through it...

HL2: Aftermath HDR baby!!!
LOTR: Battle for middle earth 2 for my occassional forays into RTS
Alan Wake
Enemy Teritory: Quake Wars
Prey
Unreal Tourney 2007
Stargate SG-1 the alliance also looks to be back on track. hopefully it wont suck.

AdAstra

#10 Post by AdAstra » January 19th, 2006, 11:39 pm

In case everyone's interested and has some bandwidth to spare, you can download the new Star Wars: Empire at War demo!

You can probably download it from all the major demo-servers (Fileplanet, Gamespot, ...) and get a download speed of around 13k/s (for roughly 750 MB, that could take a while ;)), but I got it from www.gamedaily.com at around 400 kb/s. =)

Enjoy :)

LilyPadd

#11 Post by LilyPadd » January 20th, 2006, 12:06 am

Excellent! Think I might have a wee look and see. :D Thanks honey.

Hamblin

#12 Post by Hamblin » January 20th, 2006, 12:24 am

*slaps*

Of course, Empires at War!
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

aurickandrien

#13 Post by aurickandrien » January 20th, 2006, 12:28 am

So, noone else is watching for Spore? Would've thought that since it comes from the guy who made the Sims that people might be a little interested in it...
"Stuck. What it is, I think there's a jump some people have to make, sometimes, and if they don't do it, then they're stuck good ... Some jumps you have to decide on for yourself. Just figure there's something better waiting for you somewhere ..."

LilyPadd

#14 Post by LilyPadd » January 20th, 2006, 2:00 am

Never even saw that! Yeah I'm looking forward to Spore - thought at some point I'd made a post about it.

It's a wonderful concept for a game. :D

aurickandrien

#15 Post by aurickandrien » January 20th, 2006, 2:09 am

It's great that they're actually at a stage where they can pull these things off... Just need to combine it with Black & White and nothing will be able to stop it. :angel: