Pluck Yew, Mister Obama!

Politics and Arguments

Moderator: YuW

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Pluck Yew, Mister Obama!

#1 Post by PhoenixHope » March 24th, 2009, 9:09 pm

We the people voted for YOU (Mister Obama) because we wanted CHANGE - you promised changed. Instead we seem to be stuck with the same warmed over, retread, renamed Bushian bullshit. Blackwater and AIG should also take note here - If a cat has kittens in an oven we still wouldn't call them (the kittens) biscuits. Though I must give AIG credit for going with something that sounds very much like the truth (AIU) - seriously say it out loud a few times and you might understand what I'm talking about.

However, this isn't what has gotten me going. No, what pissed me off is you saying the only thing more unpopular than a bank bail-out is an auto-bail-out...

Pluck Yew, Mister Obama, pluck yew!

That comment proves that you don't get it!

NOTHING is more unpopular among the people at the moment than a bank bail-out. People are unhappy about the auto-bail-out but for different reasons, and you've just proved you don't get it, so allow me to spell it out for you...

The auto bail-out is unpopular because those poor bastards were drug through the wringer while you (OBAMA) continued Bush's BS policy of simply handing out free money to the pluckin' bankers who plucked all this shit up in the first place.

Incidentally, you also screwed a whole host of blue collar workers with the auto bail-out whereas we (the people) keep getting screwed on the bank bail-outs. How? You may be asking, so I'll tell you. You (or your congress/senate) fiddled with the contracts of the auto workers. That's right, you were willing to break or screw those contracts, but not so with the banks, where it was totally approved to honor failure rewards contracts to bank workers. What do you (and others) have against blue collar workers? That's what we really want to know here!

That, sir, is why the auto bail-out is unpopular, where as we the people just all around hate those pluckin' bank bail-outs.

Seriously, the contracts for the idiots that plucked up the economy are somehow sacred to you idiots while the contracts of the poor (literally) auto workers are somehow invalid just because you don't think those people are important.

PLUCK YOU, MISTER OBAMA, pluck yew!

So, to everyone else - need a new car - BUY A FORD! No, I'm not in any way associated with Ford Motor Company, unless me driving a Ford counts. But I think we should all jump to support Ford since they haven't accepted a bail-out and therefore they have not yet been forced by the government to screw their workers over. Support the American worker, since no one in power is going to.

PLUCK YOU, MISTER OBAMA, and all your piss-ass little bankers too!

(This rant was brought to you from my inner Stephen Colbert!)
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

Sherlock Holmes

Re: Pluck Yew, Mister Obama!

#2 Post by Sherlock Holmes » March 25th, 2009, 7:28 am

Just remember that AIG donated the most to any political candidate, over $100,000, to Obama before the election...
Only solitary men know the full joys of friendship.
Others have their family; but to a solitary and an exile
his friends are everything.
-Willa Cather SHADOWS ON THE ROCK

NX2000

#3 Post by NX2000 » March 25th, 2009, 5:50 pm

Mirek Topolanek, Czech Republic PM, says Big O's plan is a "road to Hell".

*snerk*

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090325/ap_ ... us_economy
De Oppresso Liber - US Army SF
The only easy day was yesterday - USN SEALs

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#4 Post by PhoenixHope » April 1st, 2009, 2:30 am

You know, I thought I'd calm down by now, but the more I think (and see of this) the madder I get.

At this point I'm very tempted to change the almost cutsey "Pluck Yew" to the real thing.

Again, SUPPORT THE AMERICAN WORKER and buy a FORD!

(And again I don't work for Ford, but I really hope Ford makes it through this without having to take a bail-out which will end up requiring them to screw over their work-force.)
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

Theophilus

#5 Post by Theophilus » April 7th, 2009, 5:50 am

Are you really surprised by the actions of Obama?????????

To die, in the rain.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#6 Post by PhoenixHope » April 7th, 2009, 10:00 pm

As a matter of fact I am. I mean I didn't expect him to be perfect, nor did I expect him to wave his arms and solve everything, but I did expect better from him than we (or some) are getting.

And I certainly didn't expect him to actually shit on the honest working men/women while continuing to prop up the corrupt/inept bankers. If he's going to drag the honest worker through the wringer the least he could do would be to be just as hard with the banks - after all banks are much more to blame for this mess we're in than the auto industry.

KindredWolf

#7 Post by KindredWolf » April 24th, 2009, 3:35 am

Theophilus wrote:Are you really surprised by the actions of any politician?????????

There, fixed.

Theophilus

#8 Post by Theophilus » April 24th, 2009, 3:56 am

KindredWolf wrote:
Theophilus wrote:Are you really surprised by the actions of any politician?????????

There, fixed.

No, I pointedly meant Obama.

To die, in the rain.

Duracell
Tinpot Dictator

#9 Post by Duracell » May 24th, 2009, 4:49 pm

PhoenixHope wrote:(This rant was brought to you from my inner Stephen Colbert!)

I love stephen Colbert :D