Supernatural Season Seven Discussion Thread!

For all general Sci-fi and Fantasy discussions, be it books, TV or movies

Moderator: PhoenixHope

RJDiogenes

Re: Supernatural Season Seven Discussion Thread!

#76 Post by RJDiogenes » January 11th, 2012, 12:55 am

^^ I'm going to have to watch that again. :lol:

I do have a feeling that Bobby decided to not move on. Aside from them leaving it too ambiguous, I think they're going to make Bobby the exception to the "all ghosts go crazy" rule-- because he's Bobby, the guy even the Reapers admire. 8)
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Supernatural 7x11 "Adventures in Babysitting"

#77 Post by PhoenixHope » January 12th, 2012, 12:13 am

Yeah, but even if Bobby is the exception to the insane/evil rule he would have no way of knowing that when he'd make the decision to stay, which means staying would be a stupid decision to make, so again I sure as hell hope that was just an indication that Dean's now drinking so much he can't even remember all of it.

Though I suspect you're right and if so I shall dub him stupid!Bobby.
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Supernatural 7x12 "Time After Time After Time"

#78 Post by PhoenixHope » January 12th, 2012, 12:18 am

Yes, I know this is a day earlier then I usually post this, but I will be working Thursday and Friday and therefore ain't likely to even turn on the computer either day let alone come online. So, I'm posting early.

Good news I bought new shoes today and they feel great so far, but nine hours (two days in a row) will tell the tale better. Bad news it's supposed to snow tomorrow and my car isn't exactly designed for driving in the snow - it's designed for rain driving not snow, so I may not even make it home tomorrow night.

Supernatural 7x12 "Time After Time After Time"

Episode Description
(From CWTV.com)

DEAN GETS STUCK IN THE ‘40S - Sam and Dean tangle with the God of Time (guest star Jason Dohring), who sends Dean back to 1944, where he is immediately arrested by none other than the one and only Eliot Ness (guest star Nicholas Lea). While trying to figure out how to retrieve his brother, Sam is surprised by the reappearance of an old friend.
Phil Sgriccia directed the episode written by Robbie Thompson.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

Re: Supernatural 7x11 "Adventures in Babysitting"

#79 Post by RJDiogenes » January 12th, 2012, 1:05 am

^^ I'm happy to hear the new shoes are working out. I hope you have no major problems with the snow.

I'm really looking forward to the Elliot Ness episode. 8)

PhoenixHope wrote:Yeah, but even if Bobby is the exception to the insane/evil rule he would have no way of knowing that when he'd make the decision to stay, which means staying would be a stupid decision to make

Well, that's true, but I don't know if it has to be stupid. It could be desperate. He didn't have time to finish the message he was writing so that could be part of it. He could have simply decided that going eventually insane was a price he was willing to pay to help out his boys. Or they could have an unexpected twist up their sleeves-- a last-second deal with the Reaper, perhaps.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Supernatural 7x12 "Time After Time"

#80 Post by PhoenixHope » January 15th, 2012, 1:21 am

So, it looks like a less then stellar mid-season return last week has lead to series low ratings for this weeks episode. I guess that's just the way the ball bounces sometimes.

Supernatural 7x12 Time After Time

So, the night before last (Thursday) coming home from work there was snow and it was bad. But last night was not a cake-walk either. Yes, the snow was gone, and aside from a few frozen spots the roads was clear, but it was also so very very cold, which wouldn't have been an issue, except my driver door froze hard enough that even though I got it open I couldn't get it to close again. So, I drove over half-way home last night having to hold my door closed. That first cramped my hand and then my shoulder started to hurt. I finally had to pull over the rest myself a bit, and thankfully while I was resting the bit of frozen melted, because before I pulled out I was finally able to actually close the door and the door latch.

Anyway, my point is that I suffer for you guys since I went ahead (tired and in pain) hand-wrote this review last night. I do it for you. Okay, not really, mostly I just wanted to get these hand-written so they wouldn't be endlessly hanging over my head this time around. On the other hand, these might still not get typed and posted until Sunday anyway, because I think I mentioned some pain - in my hand and shoulder, but after working two long days in a row my hand and shoulder are the least of my problems. MY poor feet may not let me even get out of bed tomorrow.
(Obviously I did finally manage to get out of bed today, but it wasn't until after noon (and it wasn't cause I was sleeping), and I finally only got up because I could only masturbate for so long and otherwise laying in bed is boring), but I'm still not having an easy time moving around my house today, which is a shame, because dishes and clothes need washing but that just ain't gonna happen today I don't think. Maybe tomorrow.)

So, due to the fact that I'm tired and more sore then usual - in this episode things happened (most good, some a bit boring), problems ensued, but were ultimately overcome. There. Done! *grins* Now some coffee then some rest for the wicked (i.e. ME). Okay, so a pretty good episode like this one deserves a bit better then that, so...

Anyway, we start this episode with Dean channeling his inner Buffy (Dean's whole don't die plan is a classic Buffy plan, after all), and so I figure based on that alone this is gonna be an episode worth staying up just a little bit longer to watch. However, I must confess my main episode thought came slightly later just after the red light flashes - Sam should always be wind-blown because it's a really good look for him.

Also, Dean is now obsessed with Dick, and honestly I generally like to pretend I'm not twelve, but this episode is not helping, because I feel twelve... Well, except for all the damn aches and pains, but moving on...

Seriously, though I can't decide if this episode is really this amusing or if I'm finding it so amusing because I'm so tried (and in pain), but either way it is amusing me.

And now another stoner, and last night it kinda made me wish I was as smoked as this dude because I might've felt better.

Anyway, in addition to channeling his inner Buffy Dean also channels his inner Willow a bit in this episode, enough to make Sam jealous at any rate. And again I'm forced to wonder if this would seem as amusing if I wasn't so tired.

Then BOOM Dean's in the past, and I admit this is where some of the stuff is a bit boring. Certainly not all of it, but I'm not one of those folks who are into history that way so some of it (especially the slower moving stuff) bored me a bit.

For example, some of the good - Dean channels his inner fan!boy, gets a new look, gets himself schooled by Krycek (or Ness as they insist on calling him now), gets his own old lady groping, and still manages to get a message to Sam in the future. Also, amusing for me is that it's revealed that Dean (like me) uses his fingers for counting. SHUT UP! For those of us who lack the mad math skills counting is hard!
(And I just realized how long it's been since I was seriously in to X-Files, because I'm not sure I'm spelling Krycek correctly. *sigh*)

But unlike some of the pre-wanking suggested Sam was not absent during this episode. Some thought he might be since Dean was going to the past all by hisself. And, okay, Dean probably had a bit more screen time then Sam during this episode, but honestly I didn't take out my stop-watch because I really don't care that much. Anyway, Sam and the sheriff team up in the future, and so while Dean and his historical partner(s) figure out how to kill the bad guy it's Sam and the sheriff that figure out how to bring Dean back to the future.

Speaking of another related to me tid-bit, we learn that like me Bobby was (or at least may have been) a bit of a hoarder.

Oh, and because tired or not I have to do this at least once - KRYCEK!

Also, something I didn't mention above was that Dean and Krycek look damn good in historical garb. Damn good. YUM! Is basically what I'm saying here.

RUFUS!

Yep, any episode that gives me a bonus Rufus mention is just a good episode.

Really though this episode was honestly more good then boring and I didn't think there was anything truly bad about it at all. It was also a fast mover, despite a boring moment or two. I know this because when the episode actually ended it surprised me I thought there was still at least a bit more episode left to go.

So as with The Vampire Diaries this is the episode Supernatural should've returned with last week.

But I'm a bit disappointed about one thing. Nothing related to the episode in question, though. You see, I voted for Supernatural to win Best TV Drama in the PCAs because Best TV Drama (as I understand it) is always televised. Well, not this time, because I actually watched the damn show, and can tell you that it was not. Supernatural was mentioned, but as a winner for best Sci-Fi/Fantasy by the Pretty Little Liars gals, which makes me happy that they also won something, because I love Pretty Little Liars), but basically that was it "and the winner is... Supernatural." No mention (as they did with Emma Stone, who I also love) that Supernatural was a sweep (i.e. they won both awards they was nominated for)...

Okay, I didn't mainly vote for Supernatural cause I wanted to see their award winning televised, mostly I voted for Supernatural because Jensen and Jared took off their pants, and I like to reward smart thinking like that. *grin* But still it would've been nice to see one of the awards televised and see them on stage, though they'd have probably been wearing pants, so I guess it's not all bad.

And admittedly watching the show itself wasn't all bad, but some of the stuff was cringe-worthy of the very. However, I love Kaley (and I learned that I've been pronouncing her last name wrong for years - I've been saying cocoa and it's more like cue-co.

RJDiogenes

#81 Post by RJDiogenes » January 15th, 2012, 10:30 pm

Another ratings low? That's weird and not good. And I'm sorry to hear about your car problems-- that must have been a nerve-wracking drive home. :(

Anyway, I loved this episode, as I knew I would. The period stuff was great, as were Dean's interactions with Ness and the Hunter Helper. I loved him talking about the future and the Untouchables movie and using BTTF as inspiration-- no worrying from Dean about corrupting the timeline. :D The character of Chronos was interesting-- much better than that other weakened god they took down a while back. It seemed like he was sincerely in love with the human woman.

I also loved the team of Sam and the sheriff. I hope she becomes a semi regular.

Best line: "Is that more anime or are you just into Dick now?" :lol:

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Supernatural 7x12 "Time After Time"

#82 Post by PhoenixHope » January 15th, 2012, 11:18 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:And I'm sorry to hear about your car problems-- that must have been a nerve-wracking drive home. :(

Honestly, the truth is the night before with the snowy slick roads was more nerve-wracking - driving while having to hold the door closed (or at least as closed as I could) was more annoying then nerve-wracking, because I couldn't fiddle with the radio or even turn on the high beams during dark stretches of road. But since I knew the door wasn't closed before I started driving I just turned off the radio, and then slowed down during the dark dark stretches.

RJDiogenes wrote:Another ratings low? That's weird and not good.

Yeah, and this was a series low (not just tied with a series low like The Vampire Diaries episode), but I wouldn't panic over the shows fate yet, because that low low rating (for Supernatural) could adjust up in the final ratings that won't be out until tomorrow, but even if it stays low it still wasn't the lowest rated show on the CW this week, because Nikita was lower, and this coming week other show that have been weaker then Supernatural all season long are returning, so if they return lower then even if Supernatural doesn't adjust up it still isn't out of the running yet.

RJDiogenes wrote:I also loved the team of Sam and the sheriff. I hope she becomes a semi regular.

What surprised me was that I liked that as well, and I wasn't expecting to because I didn't really love the sheriff and Bobbys interactions, but I did really enjoy her during this episode.
(Plus, as I've said before, there are many times, I think, when both Dean and Sam could use someone going all "I am mom, and you will obey" on their asses.)

RJDiogenes

#83 Post by RJDiogenes » January 17th, 2012, 12:28 am

Yeah, this show doesn't have a good track record with recurring female characters; it would be nice if they kept this one around as much as possible.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Supernatural 7x13 "The Slice Girls"

#84 Post by PhoenixHope » February 1st, 2012, 2:01 am

So, since I will be working the next three days I am posting this now, because I probably won't be back online until after the episode airs.

Supernatural 7x13 "The Slice Girls"

Episode Description
(From CWTV.com)

DEAN'S ONE NIGHT STAND HAS SERIOUS COMPLICATIONS; "THE VAMPIRE DIARIES" SARA CANNING GUEST STARS - Sam and Dean investigate a case where the victims' hands and feet have been severed and each have been branded with a strange symbol. While Sam does some research at a local university, Dean heads to one of his favorite places to investigate – the town bar. Dean strikes up a conversation with a local named Lydia (guest star Sara Canning, "The Vampire Diaries"), and the two go back to her place. Sam discovers the symbol on the bodies is a sign of Amazon warriors.
Jerry Wanek directed the episode written by Eugenie Ross-Leming & Brad Buckner.

Okay, I admit that I didn't have much interest/hope for/in this episode, but seeing that Aunt Jenna will be in this episode has sparked more then a little interest from me, especially since it appears she's playing a bad girl.

RJDiogenes

#85 Post by RJDiogenes » February 2nd, 2012, 12:35 am

Hmm. Amazons. Kind of an odd choice. But then, at this point we've moved beyond American folklore and urban legends to mythological gods and time travel, so why not? Maybe they really will work in some space aliens before the show is over. :D

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Supernatural 7x13 "The Slice Girls"

#86 Post by PhoenixHope » February 7th, 2012, 2:09 am

PhoenixHope wrote:So, since I will be working the next three days I am posting this now, because I probably won't be back online until after the episode airs.

WOW! In this case truer words was never spoken. *sigh*

Anyway, a quick comment about the episode itself. Turns out I liked this this episode so much more then I was expecting to. Though I guess that could be because Supernatural finally went for it and actually killed a child. Sure, monster child, but still a child, and Supernatural always seems to puss out when it comes to that.

RJDiogenes

#87 Post by RJDiogenes » February 8th, 2012, 12:24 am

Yeah, I liked this episode a lot. The Amazons were interesting and I liked the conversations between Sam and Dean, especially at the end. And I found Dean's need to recover the flask quite touching.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Supernatural 7X13 "The Slice Girls"

#88 Post by PhoenixHope » February 8th, 2012, 4:13 am

Supernatural 7x13 The Slice Girls

So, yes, I watched this episode on Friday night, which fell right in the middle of my week from hell. So, I wasn't really expecting to love this episode, because between my bad mood and some of the SPOILERS I'd seen (you know before my old PC died) I just didn't think this would be an episode I'd enjoy. Surprise surprise not only did I not hate this episode but I kinda loved it.

But considering my typing speed is currently next to nothing, I'm going to jump right in to this.

Was I the only one who suspected this episode was hinting something was wrong with Dean based on nothing but the fact that Sam did all the driving in this episode? Of course that was compounded by the fact that Dean isn't interested in what is clearly a supernatural murder spree. And then, of course, the fact that he actually does the monster chick.

Honestly, I'd always assumed Dean had some subtle methods of checking things out before he slept with the women, but I suppose I could've been wrong, but it does seem weird if he has no check methods and this is the first monster chick he's been with. Also, I'd always assumed Dean used normal protection all the time too. So, basically all this leads me to believe that we're waiting for Sam to melt-down and it's gonna end up being Dean that does.

I really really loved one scene in this episode, and not just because of the AC/DC, though admittedly that was a nice touch. But I loved how the scene flicked back and forth between the hot sex and the violent murder. And, also, SHIRTLESS DEAN, which is always a good thing. But also this episode gifted me with an almost naked Jenna.

Also, totally loved the whole Sam having to much fun with everything Dean/Aunt Jenna related, even if maybe towards the end he took it a little far. Though, I suspect some of that spawned from relief on Sam's part, possibly feeling happy/relieved that it seemed Dean was returning to form, you know. Still the whole thing was nicely ironic and funny all things considered.

MAYOR WILKINS!
(Okay, possibly I didn't spell that right, but I sure as hell shouted it correctly - it's probably a good thing I watch TV alone sometimes.)

Seriously, though it was fun to watch him playing a greedy, puffed up, and twisted verison of Giles. The only thing really missing was the obscene hand-gestures.

Moving on...

There's a bit of a non-sequitor when the black-haired woman and her minion drive away after collecting Emma from her mother. Dean says "I hate when this happens," which WTF?! Has Dean knocked up a chick before and then had the baby taken away from nefarious purposes?

Anyway, moving on...

To the blond lady cop who I shockingly did not suspect at all. Still I like her anyway if for no other reason then the fact that she pulled some great pics of Dean and Sam off the internet.

Ah, and now we move into the heavy-handed hints of stupid!Bobby, but before that Dean comes to realize that he's on the man-killing agenda. Alas, Sam has yet to realize that he's also on the list, and he didn't even get laid - sucks to be Sam. Also, Dean freaks himself out before the hints of stupid!Bobby.

Okay, before stupid!Bobby hints, the show subtly shows that maybe baby!Dean isn't on board with the other ladies. And while I like that the show kept this vague, I admit that I was fooled for a moment.

There's also one other thing - why is Sam so stunned to learn Dean lied to get laid? Seriously, Dean used to do that all the time, and while Sam wouldn't be aware of all instances I know he witnessed one or two personally. So, why so surprised, Sam?

Then stupid!Bobby, though the show tries to vague that up, but you can't have it both ways. You can't be heavy-handed one moment and then vague the next, because it doesn't fool anyone, except I guess the characters themselves.

Speaking of being fooled by baby!Dean I was more then a little shocked that Dean wasn't fooled, because Dean does have a serious blind-spot when it comes to kids monsters or not, and I was expecting that to be magnified since the child in this episode was his. On the other hand, I was not surprised when Dean didn't/couldn't pull the trigger.

But speaking of which, I am delighted that Supernatural finally killed a child. I've long been disappointed that Supernatural has never went there, and so I'm very happy that they finally did. That alone would be enough to make me call this a good episode, but this episode was full of other good stuff, so YAY!

And I loved that Sam was all prissy and bitchy afterward - it made perfect sense for his character, and Jared pulled it off wonderfully. But seriously after that whole Amy thing it makes sense that Sam wouldn't take Dean not being able to pull the trigger very well. And the whole thing played in character for Dean, as well.

Also, struck me as mildly interesting that the amazon tribe didn't have faith in Emma or the lady cop to pull off their missions, because unless it took more time then it seemed for Dean and Sam to clean up after Emma (and Sam just left the lady cop where she fell) then the amazons had to all ready be moving on before they knew whether the missions would succeed. Seriously, I'd think such a tribe as this would be wanting revenge for their fallen. Though I guess it's possible that if the gals failed then the tribe wouldn't miss them because they'd feel the fallen would not be assets.

But now it's late and I'm in pain (also tired), so I'm ending it here. I guess I might watch again and write more since I have no idea when I'll even be able to type this up let alone post to the nets.

(And, hey, after typing both these long reviews I may be starting to get the hang of this keyboard. At least a little bit, because, of course, after typing that sentence I hit a wrong button or two. And then when I came online to post these... *sigh* My internet connection turned flakey again.)

RJDiogenes

#89 Post by RJDiogenes » February 9th, 2012, 12:37 am

^^ Sigh. It will get better.

I'm wondering about Bobby, though. Since they started speculating in the show that Bobby's ghost is around, I've changed my mind-- I don't think it's him (especially since Sam said they burned his body). I think it's Cass.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#90 Post by PhoenixHope » February 9th, 2012, 1:42 am

WHOA! Great point, I had not considered that. The "ghost" being Cass instead of Bobby would be a bit of an awesome twist, and I guess the disappearing beer could be Cass's way of trying to stop the flow of Dean's drinking.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Supernatural 7x14 "Plunky Pennywhistle's Magical Menagerie"

#91 Post by PhoenixHope » February 9th, 2012, 11:55 pm

Supernatural 7x14 "Plunky Pennywhistle's Magical Menagerie"

Episode Description
(From CWTV.com)

CLOWNS, UNICORNS AND SHARKS, OH MY! - Sam is forced to confront a childhood fear when a case takes him and Dean to Kansas to investigate Plucky Pennywhistle's Magical Menagerie, a local pizza chain that hosts children's birthday parties. Sam and Dean discover that the victims' children had recently been to the restaurant and drawn a picture of their worst fear, which then came to life to kill their parent. While Dean confronts the man behind the magic, Sam is left to deal with some very angry clowns.
Mike Rohl directed the episode written by Andrew Dabb & Daniel Loflin

RJDiogenes

#92 Post by RJDiogenes » February 10th, 2012, 12:17 am

Great title. And evil clowns. This oughtta be good.

PhoenixHope wrote:WHOA! Great point, I had not considered that.

:blush: :D

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Supernatural 7x14 "Plunky Pennywhistle's Magical Menagerie"

#93 Post by PhoenixHope » February 12th, 2012, 2:40 am

Supernatural 7x14 Plunky Pennywhistle's Magical Menagerie

So, as I said above I both like this episode, but also kinda didn't like it either. I'm not entirely sure why, but it could be that there was moments where Dean was a bit too dickish for my tastes. Don't get me wrong, while I like his character he's never been a character that I imagined myself hanging out with, and he got some good stuff in this episode, but the end bit with the teasing... Well, I expected to be uncomfortable with that, but I wasn't expecting to come away feeling "that Dean - what a dick!"
(What makes this even stranger is the fact that I'm usually a fan of dick!Dean, but not this time.)

Also, the episode cuts or whatever was a bit weird - I understand this was meant to homage Yellow Fever (an episode that I really liked), but what can I say it was just a bit weird.

On the other hand:

Dick on Dick!

Dean says no to hot chicks, or plans to.

Rainbow shitting unicorn (possibly the best thing about this episode at least until...)

Right Friggin' Now

(...)Sam covered in rainbow colored clown jizz!

Poor Sam.

Speaking of poor Sam, I think a part of my problem here harkens back to one of the problems I had with Season 7, Time for a Wedding - the clown on Sam violence (plus the fact that he couldn't kill the clowns) should have triggered a bad episode (mentally) for Sam, which again failed to happen. I mean, I realize everyone copes differently to trauma, but considering all that's happened to Sam since the second episode of this season those methods should've started very seriously to fail, and the perfect time for that to have started would've been that Becky episode, and this episode would've been a good continuation of that, and the death of Bobby should've probably played in there somewhere, as well.

But if you ignore that fact that this episode should've set Sam back mentally it's not really a bad episode. Certainly not bad like that Becky episode where you'd have to ignore just about everything about it to make it not a bad episode.

RJDiogenes

#94 Post by RJDiogenes » February 12th, 2012, 11:14 pm

I've only seen the beginning so far, but I expect to like it. Scary clowns! :D

And I have to say, I get a kick out of how they play with the title card sometimes. This week it was the clown colors. In the Becky episode, there was a wedding cake and little bride and groom figurines flying around. Cute. :D

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Supernatural 7x15 "Repo Man"

#95 Post by PhoenixHope » February 16th, 2012, 7:59 pm

Supernatural 7x15 "Repo Man"

Episode Description
(From CWTV.com)

DOUBLE TROUBLE - Four years ago, Sam and Dean helped a woman named Nora (guest star Nicole Oliver) exorcise a demon that was systematically killing women in a small town. They managed to save the postal worker, Jeffrey (guest star Russell Sams), while vanquishing the demon but now it seems the black-eyed monster has reared his ugly head and returned for a second helping. The brothers visit Jeffrey, who has been locked in a psych ward since the incident, to see if he can remember any of the demon's plans while he was possessed.
Thomas J. Wright directed the episode written by Ben Edlund.

RJDiogenes

#96 Post by RJDiogenes » February 17th, 2012, 12:28 am

I wonder if that's the same Nicole Oliver from Kung Fu: The Legend Continues.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Supernatural 7x15 "Repo Man"

#97 Post by PhoenixHope » February 21st, 2012, 4:54 am

Oh, and I'm still not entirely used to this keyboard so there may be mistakes o' plenty peppered through this.

Supernatural 7x15 Repo Man

First things first - I love love love the fact that in the library scene in this episode Sam has bags under his eyes that was a nice subtle little way of showing not telling the strain and stress Sam is under. Though admittedly I can't stop myself from wondering if they achieved this effect by paying someone to follow Jared around and stop him from sleeping/relaxing OR if some talented make-up person had more to do with it.

Anyway...

Also, I LOVE MARK! Honestly, while I've always thought more could've been done with the aftermath from the beginning of this season. Though I was thinking small things like Sam's eyes looking at something no one else (perhaps including the audience) doesn't see, and things like that, but... Well, now I think they should've made Mark a regular for this season, because how great would it have been to have Luci in the background commenting on everything and begging for Sam's attention (also just screwing with him like he did in the bloody head-banging scene)... Or hell just sticking his forked tongue out at Sam at least once per episode.

Though I am starting to wonder if this might actually be Luci and not just mental trauma, which is good even if he isn't real, though seriously I am starting to wonder if Sam might actually be carrying around a fragment (if you will) of Luci with him. But again even if he's not this is awesome, because it's so hard to tell that it gives me shivers thinking about how much trouble Sam has to be having with it all.

However, I admit to some confusion - you see the episode thingie starts by saying "four years ago," but which four? Are we counting the missing year that is at times randomly forgotten by even the writers or not? The previouslys seem to want one to believe this happened sometime in season four, but the way past Dean and Sam behaved doesn't feel completely true to season four, though it's not completely true to season three Dean and Sam either. So, I guess good show on making it the viewers choice. But seriously Dean doesn't seem quite screwed up enough to be post-hell Dean, and Sam certainly doesn't seem screwed up enough to be either pre or post Dean in hell.

Also, this episode exposed me to one of my own logic gaps here. You see, recently I was thrilled that Supernatural killed a kid, but this episode made me sad when they killed a dog, even though they did not kill the dog on screen, but the sound effects and the cone... Poor puppy. But, hey, I'm okay with this logic gap of mine.

And I know some mock the CGI flames, but I loved the way this episode used them. SUE ME!

Finally, "the rapier wit, the wittier rape." Also, "he said 'shut up' to me." I'm sure there are other actors who could fill this role, but I'm not sure any of them could have pulled it off as perfect as Mark did here. No, seriously I honestly believe Luci has more then a little crush on Sam, and of course given his character a little crush would certainly come off this disturbingly.

So, that's all this time around, maybe hopefully by the time these shows return I'll at least half a weekend or two off while they air and will then be able to get back to my normal wordy self.

RJDiogenes

#98 Post by RJDiogenes » February 22nd, 2012, 12:48 am

Yeah, it looks like Sam's crazy train is finally going off the rails, just when we thought they had abandoned that plotline.

The really weird thing is that Mark played an imaginary Lucifer in Supernatural on Friday, and then played an imaginary Bishop on Being Human on Monday-- talk about being typecast. :D

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Supernatural 7x16 "Out With the Old"

#99 Post by PhoenixHope » March 15th, 2012, 7:34 pm

So, like The Vampire Diaries Supernatural is back this week, and of course this is my weekend - naturally. What pisses me off is that next week (which will have a new episode as well) should be my weekend off, but wiggle!girl has all ready noted that she needs Saturday off, so even next week my review will be delayed a tad.

Supernatural 7x16 "Out With the Old"

Episode Description
(From CWTV.com)

DOUBLE TROUBLE - After a ballerina is found dead from dancing herself to death, Sam and Dean look into the case and discover the ballet slippers she wore were cursed. When Dean accidentally touches the shoes the power of the curse starts to take hold of him.
John Showalter directed the episode written by Robert Singer & Jenny Klein.

RJDiogenes

#100 Post by RJDiogenes » March 15th, 2012, 11:31 pm

So. Dean dancing a deadly ballet. That should be fun. :lol:

And I believe Cass will be back. Or at least somebody who looks a lot like Cass. 8)