Supernatural Season Eight Episode Discussion Thread

For all general Sci-fi and Fantasy discussions, be it books, TV or movies

Moderator: PhoenixHope

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Supernatural Season Eight Episode Discussion Thread

#76 Post by PhoenixHope » January 29th, 2013, 12:06 am

I am grateful, but if you can't don't worry about it. IF (big if) my CW does come back I can probably at least catch those episodes in reruns meaning I wouldn't officially have to wait for the DVDs, but even if I have to wait for the DVDs it's still not the end of the world.
(Though obviously, especially with The Vampire Diaries, I wouldn't mind watching them sooner, I am weirdly okay with waiting.)

Plus maybe I'll try again after I finish my game downloads. Speaking of that though, it would be helpful if the CW would list how long they take on broadband. For example, the game I was loading the other day says it takes about five minutes on broadband - it took me three days, though to be fair that was with pausing the downloads to stop overnight. But the games that take two minutes or less to dl (on broadband) take somewhere between four to twelve hours, which is why unless I really really want to play that game I will stick with the ones that say two minutes (or less).
(That's another thing, though, because of the way the games download I can pause them and start again later without losing all my progress, I might lose a point or two but I'm not stuck all the way back at zero, but I can't do that with episode downloads, if I could I'd be golden.)
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

#77 Post by RJDiogenes » January 29th, 2013, 11:52 pm

No luck yet, but I'll try again on the weekend when I can devote some time to screwing around with it.
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Supernatural 8x12 "As Time Goes By"

#78 Post by PhoenixHope » January 30th, 2013, 12:10 am

Thanks. Since I have to work now for the next several days I won't be able to play around with it myself, but hopefully you'll get somewhere with it. *grin*

Supernatural 8x12 "As Time Goes By"

Episode Description
(From CWTV.com)

SAM AND DEAN MEET THEIR GRANDFATHER — Sam and Dean are stunned when a man who claims to be Henry Winchester (guest star Gil McKinney), their grandfather, suddenly appears in their hotel room demanding to know where he can find John Winchester. Henry has time-traveled to stop a demon named Abbadon (guest star Alaina Huffman) and was looking for John’s help. Through Henry, Sam and Dean learn more about their father and the Winchester blood line.
Serge Ladouceur directed the episode written by Adam Glass.

Anyway, right now my DISH guide is still showing the CW coming back "online" (so to speak) tomorrow at three in the afternoon, so while I'll be at work when Supernatural actually airs I might still be able to watch it when I get home this week. However, I'm not counting on it, because with my luck something will happen at the last minute and I won't be seeing it this week either. *sigh*
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Supernatural 8x12 "As Time Goes By"

#79 Post by PhoenixHope » February 2nd, 2013, 5:10 pm

SON OF A *&*&)&)&*&*^^&%^$%##^%$ &^^&^&^(&*)*&^&%^%$^$ %^%^$%#^%#%^$% (*&*&*(&*(&*(&*(&*(^%%## BITCH!

Sooooo, N.A.T.U.R.A.L.L.Y. my local CW did not come back up at the time my DISH guide had been indicating. But what really pisses me off is that DISH did apparently route another CW in at the time my DISH guide had been indicating, but they put it on one of their higher packages (apparently), and I'm all ready up to a third/forth tier package, and I'm damned if I'm going any f-ckin' higher, because DISH is costing me enough as it is. DAMN IT ALL TO HELL!

However, if I was willing to pay more it does appear that I'd have access to three different CWs now. *sigh*

But I'm just not willing to pay more, because in the end it will simply be cheaper for me to wait for Netflix.

(Okay, after posting I went and looked up it - DISH has six packages and I'm at four.)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#80 Post by PhoenixHope » February 2nd, 2013, 8:59 pm

Sooooo, I checked Wednesday - no CW that I had access too. Just to be certain I checked again Thursday before I went to work - no CW I had access to, but as I said I saw three that I did not have access to.

But now I have to admit I was wrong - in The Vampire Diaries thread I think I explained why I didn't believe our former FOX would pick up the CW since they'd basically merged with our ABC when FOX cut them off (for our ABC news division to use without preempting ABC programming). Well, while that hadn't happened in time for Supernatural or The Vampire Diaries this week...

Well, today I decided to get myself an online DISH account just to see if I could get any information - like why would they route a CW in just to put it on a most expensive package? Well, the website wasn't exactly helpful and more confusing than anything.

Kept making me think I'd changed things for real just by creating an account, but then I finally come to an option to add a channel one or maybe more of which I thought was one of the "red" (i.e. blocked CW channels) for only $2.00, and so yeah I was thinking about it. However, I needed to search for Supernatural again (because on my program guide it won't list channels I don't have access too so to find those channels I have to search for specific shows) to make sure which one of those $2.00 was actually a CW, and that's when I noticed that now one of the new episodes of Supernatural was not red shaded on one channel - our former FOX. So I guess I was wrong about thinking our former FOX wouldn't pick up the CW.

So now I've got my DVR all set to start recording new episodes of Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries again. Meaning that unless DISH (and/or my programming guide) is screwing with me I'll be able to watch those shows this coming week. Basically meaning hit me with SPOILERS for As Time Goes By so I can at least somewhat pretend I'm caught up.

(Now I wish I'd thought to do the DISH search one more time, because I didn't want to get an online DISH account in the first place and now I'm a bit scared I've changed something I didn't mean to change just by registering an account.)

RJDiogenes

#81 Post by RJDiogenes » February 3rd, 2013, 10:44 pm

Wow, that's awesome. And lucky, because there seems to be no way that I can capture those CW shows online.

I actually liked As Time Goes By quite a bit. I'm not sure if you would have, but there was no girlfriend to be seen so you would have been happy about that. But no Benny or Castiel, either.

And it was kind of a game changer, in that something new was introduced that will have big repercussions very soon. In the past, it was said that the Angels arranged for the meeting and marriage of Sam and Dean's parents and now we know why. Their grandfather was involved in policing the supernatural as well. But not as a Hunter. There was an organization called Men of Letters, which was a much more intellectual group than the Hunters-- they think of Hunters as the "apes," but they did share information with certain Hunters that they thought more highly of. In 1958, on the night that gramps was to have his final initiation, the group was attacked by a high-ranking demon (one of the "Knights of Hell") and just about everyone was killed. Henry, the grandfather, escaped with a time travel spell. He intended it to take him to his son as a grown man, but he messed up and ended in 2013 ("I guess the Mayans were wrong").

The demon that was after him was too powerful to be killed by the dagger, but Henry had this technique of carving a demon trap on the head of a bullet so that when he shot her in the head and the bullet lodged in her brain she was trapped, seemingly forever. The reason the demon wanted him was because he had been given a little box with a "key" inside, a key to the "supernatural mother lode."

So the mythology has expanded quite a bit. The guys now know that they have a legacy as "Men of Letters," and they have inherited this "supernatural mother lode," which, among other things, will be a safe haven for them. And now we now why the Angels arranged for them to be born-- they have legacies as both Men of Letters and as Hunters-- the brain and the brawn. 8)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#82 Post by PhoenixHope » February 3rd, 2013, 11:52 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:Wow, that's awesome. And lucky, because there seems to be no way that I can capture those CW shows online.

Oh well - dems the breaks sometimes, but seriously thanks for trying.

Anyway...

RJDiogenes wrote:I actually liked As Time Goes By quite a bit. I'm not sure if you would have, but there was no girlfriend to be seen so you would have been happy about that. But no Benny or Castiel, either.

Actually from what I've heard (seen) I think I'd have liked all three episodes since the mid-season start. Yes, possibly even the girlfriend heavy mid-season return. Because it's not that I hated her or anything I just hated that story - it brought with it too much OOC bullshit for Sam and then just before the mid-season break went way to over-the-top-soapy for me.

RJDiogenes

#83 Post by RJDiogenes » February 4th, 2013, 11:45 pm

Maybe the producers got the message about that-- because the last couple of episodes have been like old times, with the Winchester Bros acting like bros again.

I still think we're not done with Benny, though.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Supernatural 8x13 "Everybody Hates Hilter"

#84 Post by PhoenixHope » February 5th, 2013, 7:44 pm

So as of today according to my DISH guide I still has CW so maybe I'll get to watch the episode this week! But at this point I probably won't believe it'll happen until I'm actually watching the episode.

Supernatural 8x13 "Everybody Hates Hilter"

Episode Description
(From CWTV.com)

SAM AND DEAN FACE OFF AGAINST A GOLEM — Sam and Dean investigate the death of Rabbi Bass (guest star Hal Linden, “Barney Miller”), who spontaneously combusted. The case becomes ever more confusing when they learn that the Rabbi was researching Nazi Necromancers. Sam and Dean are attacked by a Golem (guest star John DeSantis) who turns out to belong to the Rabbi’s grandson, Aaron. The key to the case lies with the Golem but Aaron doesn’t know how to control him, which leaves everyone in danger.
Phil Sgriccia directed the episode written by Bed Edlund.

But because I have been without a CW forever (or at least three long episodes), and so because of that I've been reading more Supernatural sites lately (to get episode info) and because of that I find what I really want right now is an icon with Cass that has one of those big red circle with the line through it over him and the words "Blame Cass" somewhere on it. Why? Well, from what I understand Cass is personally responsible for Supernatural jumping the shark, but more than that he's responsible for everything from you running out of chocolate to Hostess itself going out of business - basically he's apparently to blame for anything and everything bad in the world. Ergo Blame Cass.
(That would make sense to you people if you'd just start watching South Park.)

I mean but seriously I knew there was Cass hate out there, but even I'm only just beginning to realize how deep it runs, and what's sad is even I'm not the biggest fan of his character (I personally think the character keeps coming back when he's out-lived his purpose show-wise), but I don't think he's the big problem with Supernatural this season or in previous seasons (in season six the bigger problem with Cass was that his arc had too much of it taking place off screen, and that in season seven his arc wasn't properly followed up instead we got leviathans) - this season the biggest problem with Supernatural is Team Supernatural with their "lol canon" approach to things.

RJDiogenes

#85 Post by RJDiogenes » February 6th, 2013, 12:35 am

Hmm. Maybe I can blame Cass for nuTrek and sue him or something.

Actually, I think this season has been a big improvement over last season, and I continue to love Cass. He was kind of conspicuous in his absence this past week, because with all of the time travel and indestructible demon action and the key to the supernatural mother lode, you'd think they would have called on him right away. But they never even mentioned his name.

As for this week's episode: Hal Linden and a Golem. Far out. I think I'm going to love this one.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Supernatural 8x13 "Everybody Hates Hilter"

#86 Post by PhoenixHope » February 6th, 2013, 1:44 am

RJDiogenes wrote:He [Cass] was kind of conspicuous in his absence this past week, because with all of the time travel and indestructible demon action and the key to the supernatural mother lode, you'd think they would have called on him right away. But they never even mentioned his name.

THAT! That's been my problem with Cass since season five, really. During season four and five having him around worked because it was a part of the overall story and Cass didn't stand out as the most powerful to power and therefore could solve all the problems with a snap of his fingers like he does now that the big angel on angel showdown has been avoided.

Now at least in early season six they addressed this by having Sam mention calling Cass and Cass just not answering, but then came the Dean turned into a vampire episode and not once did they think about calling the powerful angel they both personally knew, and that's been annoying me every since. There are many times when they really should at the very least call Cass but they don't because that's not what the script calls for probably because then Cass could solve the problem of the week in five minutes and then what would they do for the rest of the episode?

That's my big issue with Cass's continued presence in their lives - when they have a big problem and then don't call him in he's, as you said, conspicuous in his absence. Now that could be avoided if the show-runners would just do something to mute/lower/whatever his power - the whole Eve thing would've been a perfect place to do that, or his "death" at the end of season five, or even after his big bad try in season six (when he came back AGAIN) toward the end of season seven. But even now they could just insert it somewhere and make him more your average witch who could maybe help but not just snap his fingers and problem solved - episode over! Hell, at this point, even though once upon a time I hated the idea, they could just turn him human and be done with it. Then they could have they're cake and eat it too. Cass could be around sometimes but it wouldn't be as weird when he wasn't.

RJDiogenes

#87 Post by RJDiogenes » February 6th, 2013, 11:55 pm

Yeah, or just put in a little scene where they try to call him and he doesn't answer. "Damn you, Cass! Well, let's go." :D

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#88 Post by PhoenixHope » February 7th, 2013, 11:33 pm

Supernatural 8x13 Everybody Hates Hilter

Sooo, I liked it. Seriously, out of all the episodes I've seen this season (keep in mind I missed three) this one is my favorite. Obviously that could change when I'm finally able to watch the episodes I missed. And to be fair I think I'd have really liked the previous episode as well, but because of the lack of a CW I didn't get to.

Really there's only one little problem I had with this episode and that's Dean. Sure the moment when Dean "realizes" that he's not being followed is cute it's just really weird that Dean acts like this is the first time that's ever happened to him, which makes the whole thing needlessly homophobic. I mean, really, at this point in his life this cannot be the first time Dean has been "hit" on by a member of his own sex, but yet they have Dean acting like I said weirdly cute but also as though this has never happened to him before, and I just have trouble believing that. Come on, Dean Winchester is hot so it's really hard to believe some guy hasn't tried hitting that before even aside from the vampire from season six - just saying. So instead of Dean getting all cutesy weird about it at this point I'd think he'd just roll his eyes and move on. And for the record at this point in the game I wouldn't even believe it would be the first time it's happened to Sam.

But still considering the track record this show has with "sensitivity" on issues I'm rather surprised all things considered that the above was really the only problem I had with this episode. I mean after all with the title Everybody Hates Hilter this could've been offensive to the extreme, and yet in the end it's a nice little cute episode that does introduce some potentially interesting elements for Team Supernatural to play with. Hopefully those things won't be dropped to drag us once again back into Angels vs demons part DUH.

Though, Men of Letters is a bit of a stupid name, but it's okay I understand "Watcher's Council" was all ready taken.

Also, I want to give the make-up department a shout-out, because most of the time I admittedly laugh at them more than anything, but they deserve props this time around. When Sam was shot with dart and starting zombing out that was really good, so props this time around people.

And I suppose I should give the writing department a bit of props considering recently I was bitching about my problems with Cass's continued presence in the storyline and this episode did at least address the fact that Dean and Sam have been calling for Cass he just isn't answering. That still doesn't (obviously) wipe out all my problems, but it was a nice little almost throw-away bit that had major relevance.

RJDiogenes

#89 Post by RJDiogenes » February 8th, 2013, 1:11 am

^^ It was almost like they heard us and threw in that convo. :lol:

Well, unfortunately, Hal Linden wasn't it in for very long, and I hardly recognized him in that get-up. But it was a good episode. At first I was disappointed that the Golem didn't look more like a clay statue, but the actor who played him was great. :D

And now we have an old Nazi society still operating and Aaron is out there with his Golem now under control. Sam seems to be the rebirth of the Men of Letters. Interesting things are happening.

I love the "Supernatural Mother Lode." When I learned about it, it kind of reminded me of the bunker in Lost and now it reminds me of the bunker even more. Especially the way the lights and water still work and they're not quite sure how. It also reminds me a bit of Warehouse 13. I'm liking it. 8)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#90 Post by PhoenixHope » February 8th, 2013, 11:59 pm

You know what's even more perfect (or weird) is that awhile back there was talk of a Supernatural spin-off and why that wouldn't work, and yet this week presented us with perfect potential spin-off characters: the littlest Jew (sorry Jon Stewart, but this guy is even litter than you, but not quite as adorable though very close) and his pet golem, too perfect really, because unlike Garth (stop mentioning him all the time - we get it YOU like him) and Charlie (again we get it YOU think she's kewl lesbian) I want to see the littlest Jew and his pet golem again and again on Supernatural, because I think the potential they have could be just what Supernatural needs to finally once again take a chance and reinvent itself again instead of pissing their pants at the thought of shaking the whole thing up again which hasn't happened since season four.

But seriously it's almost like the people behind Supernatural took Mark P's comments about the lack of good characters to spin-off from the show and went all Barney "challenge accepted" and created two perfect characters, which knowing my luck the people behind Supernatural feel are just one-off characters and we'll never see them again while Garth and Charlie will never leave.
(Cause I still don't really understand why Grandpa Winchester had to die - he could've stayed around (though, to be fair, I don't know if I'd have liked him since I couldn't watch that episode) and helped Dean and/or (more likely) Sam get the MoL going again. Sure, he'd feel like a dick always for not getting back to his son, but that's history and all...)

Okay granted if they'd go back and do a spin-off during season six I still think a Crowley/Cass spin-off would also be perfect, but alas that time is long gone while Littlest Jew and the golem's time is now.

However, despite me being tired of the endless rehashing of Angel's vs demons I would be totally okay with Cass but especially Crowley escaping the you know its coming heaven/hell lock-down. Though it would be easier to write Cass escaping than Crowley, because the show-runners could do something drastic and different with the character of Cass (by changing him somewhat or totally) that they couldn't exactly do with Crowley, because Crowley as anything less than a badass demon would just be disappointing.

RJDiogenes

#91 Post by RJDiogenes » February 10th, 2013, 11:03 pm

I'd love to see a spin-off with Aaron and the Golem. And they could certainly bring Grandpa back-- this is Supernatural, after all. And they could even do a Men of Letters spin off. Charlie and Garth could guest star in all of them. :D

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#92 Post by PhoenixHope » February 11th, 2013, 9:39 pm

Well, to be fair, I haven't seen the episode with Grandpa just heard what people have been saying, so there might've been a valid reason he had to "go." Though the insane part of my brain thinks Carver could used this as a perfect way to re-tool the series - if Grandpa made it back and raised John then it could've been like the Titanic episode except in this case the changes would've lasted for more than one episode. However, there are many reasons that probably shouldn't have happened and a few as to why that probably couldn't happen.

Anyway, I basically came back to this thread to say a few things re: Garth, Charlie, and Bobby - yes, Bobby - GAH!

I've been thinking about my problems with these characters, and I'll admit that except in a few cases it's not specific problems with their characters. Well, other than they are the quirky character types that always work best for me in small doses.

Basically all this ties into why I grew to hate Bobby. At first with even Bobby I didn't really care one way or another about his character. Granted I didn't really like him, but I didn't dislike him either. I only started to truly dislike him towards the end of season four when he was there ALL THE TIME! And finally started to outright hate him by the end of season five, because by then he never really went away!

And I think that's why I can't get into Charlie and Garth as characters, because I know you probably think Bobby isn't a quirky type character, but really he is or was, and so the more he was around the more annoying he got to me, which is probably why I loved the episode where Crowley mocked Bobby so ever much. Seriously, for awhile there instead of watching the whole episode I'd just watch that scene over and over again.
(The word(s) you are looking for are HEAD and it is IDIOTS!).

And sadly I can see Charlie but especially Garth going the same way, because probably Charlie's extreme quirkyness would work against her being around all the time - hopefully. But not so with Garth especially with the new PTB really pounding that whole "Garth is the new Bobby" nail, and I think that's why even though I don't truly dislike either character yet I just can't get into them either, because I can see how easy it would be for the new PTB to start overusing those two like the old PTB seriously over-used Bobby, and quirky for me is just better in small doses.

RJDiogenes

#93 Post by RJDiogenes » February 12th, 2013, 12:18 am

Well, Bobby was around more and more after John died, because he took John's place in the dynamic-- if I remember right, John left because the actor had another opportunity to pursue. I don't think that will happen with either Charlie or Garth. There's really no reason for Charlie to show up more than occasionally. And, while Garth is the new Bobby, we only hear Sam talking to him on the phone-- we've only seen him being Bobby that once. So unless the Winchester boys decide to start staffing their Supernatural Bunker with everybody they know, it probably won't happen.

I do wonder if they'll try to staff that bunker, though.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#94 Post by PhoenixHope » February 12th, 2013, 9:39 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:Well, Bobby was around more and more after John died, because he took John's place in the dynamic

The largest reason why I was never gonna like Bobby, because you can't just remove one character from the story and then insert another saying "see - it's totally the same thing!" No, no it's really not!

RJDiogenes wrote:And, while Garth is the new Bobby, we only hear Sam talking to him on the phone-- we've only seen him being Bobby that once.

I know - I think that's why I started wondering why the repeated mentions of Garth was bothering me, because if they'd kept Bobby at mostly phone Bobby I never would've grown to seriously dislike his character, and that's when I did my above thinking and realized I'm almost pre-emptively disliking Garth simply because I fear potential overuse, which I know isn't exactly fair to the character of Garth.
(Well, that and the fact as I just said you cannot remove one character and then bring in another to basically be the previous character, because it just never works for me. Bring in fresh characters instead of tired rehashes of previous characters.)

RJDiogenes wrote:So unless the Winchester boys decide to start staffing their Supernatural Bunker with everybody they know, it probably won't happen.

I do wonder if they'll try to staff that bunker, though.

If they staffed it with Charlie, Garth, and Kevin I believe it's at that point I'd stop watching entirely. *sigh* None of those characters by themselves are completely bad for the every-so-often guest appearance, but having them around all the time would simply be WAY the hell too much.

Well that and the fact that right or wrong I'd rather the bunker just be a Dean/Sam thing - unless they actually bring in some new fresh and interesting characters (like my favorite Jew) or bring back some of the older more interesting characters (like she's-the-sherriff, though if we're being serious I'd rather them bring back the FBI guy from seasons two and three, and yes I know he's dead, but he was a good character that would've been interesting to explore more). Though I suppose if they'd tone down Charlie just a little bit I could live with her moving in and being their hacker, but I just couldn't handle full on quirky Charlie all the time - maybe tone her down/morph her into her character from Dr. Horrible - I could live with that version of her character.
(And, yes, like it or not, but from what I've seen she simply plays the same character over and over again with just a few differences tossed in.)

You (and you know who you are) should check out the news/reviews forum - I'm just curious if anybody every reads (or tries to read) the really small type.

RJDiogenes

#95 Post by RJDiogenes » February 13th, 2013, 12:08 am

^^ She's one of those character actors who basically plays herself.

I'd like to see the bunker be exclusively for Sam and Dean for a while. But, realistically speaking, it's going to waste if they don't bring in more people. In the old days, it was obviously used by the entire group when it was the Men of Letters. Now they need to evolve it into the central hub for Sam's new Men of Letters and the Hunters so that everything can be more organized and efficient at dealing with supernatural threats.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Supernatural 8x14 "Trial and Error"

#96 Post by PhoenixHope » February 13th, 2013, 2:38 am

Supernatural 8x14 "Trial and Error"

Episode Description
(From CWTV.com)

KEVIN DECIPHERS THE TABLET — Kevin (guest star Osric Chau) deciphers the tablet and figures out how to close the gates of Hell. He tells Sam and Dean that according to the tablet one person must face a series of three tests designed by God. The first one – kill a hellhound. Sam and Dean argue over who should complete the trials.
Kevin Parks directed the episode written by Andrew Dabb.

You (and you know who you are) should check out the news/reviews forum - I'm just curious if anybody every reads (or tries to read) the really small type.
And since you made no comment at the recent news posting yesterday I'm assuming you aren't one of those who c/p the small type into notepad or a reply post just to see what it says. Wonder if having this much typed might make you curious.
And AGAIN you know who you are. *grin*

RJDiogenes

Re: Supernatural 8x14 "Trial and Error"

#97 Post by RJDiogenes » February 14th, 2013, 12:28 am

It was so small I almost missed it. :D

I probably didn't see the post you're referring to, if it's a new thread. I keep forgetting to click "Active." But I'll go look.

And I can actually use the scroll button to zoom when there's small type. :lol:

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#98 Post by PhoenixHope » February 14th, 2013, 11:01 pm

I don't know why I didn't just tell you, but for some reason I was feeling all playful and shit.

ANYWAY...

I'm being forced to make a PSA (Public Service Announcement) - if you'll recall after last week's episode I was calling a certain someone my favorite Jew, and my girlfriend wishes me to inform everyone that she is in point of fact my favorite Jew.
(But in point of fact I think I should be forgiven for forgetting that she is in fact a Jew, because while her mother was devout she doesn't even practice and is only a Jew because her mother was a Jew, and she'll freely admit that herself unless (of course) I start calling someone else my favorite Jew. LOL I mean it's not like she randomly yells out "everybody loves bacon!" which might help me remember.)

Supernatural 8x14 Trial and Error

So many things in this episode and I have so much love for pretty much all of them. Okay, fine, the first repeato bit with Kevin and his endless days was a bit boring.

Dean getting a bedroom, and apparently being an awesome cook, which surprised me just a tad, and I don't know why but I really liked that. Then Dean trying to morph into the suicide blond (DEAN IS NOT BLOND!), which you'd think I wouldn't like, but I'm okay as long as this whole thing doesn't drag back into depressing Dean is depressed. Plus Sam stepped in and stopped him.

See! It is possible for both Dean and Sam to be awesome, and even better both to be awesome in the same episode.

I admit, though, I do have one teeny tiny issue - I doubt closing the gates of hell would stop hell-bound human souls from going there. Why? Well, because if both heaven and hell are both closed off humans would still die (or would they?) and then where would they go purgatory? Somehow I doubt that, so despite what Dean thinks I can't see closing the gates of hell stopping humans from going there just keeps demons from coming out.

Anyway, in addition to giving Dean and Sam shirt allergies (my formula is coming along nicely) I'm thinking I now need to start working on something that will cause them a pressing need to wear glasses all the time, because honestly who knew that they'd both be so hot with them, especially considering the ones they was wearing was them big ol' geek type glasses.

In closing - Kevin, I think in this case you should probably listen to Sam more than Dean - Dean gets overly invested sometimes, and you really looked like shit, so get some sleep.

RJDiogenes

#99 Post by RJDiogenes » February 15th, 2013, 12:37 am

I've never given much thought to who my favorite Jew is, but it's probably one or all of The Three Stooges.

I haven't had a chance to watch this week's episode yet, but luckily I have tomorrow off. I never even thought of the effect that closing the Gates of Hell would have on Human deaths. I'm reminded of the movie poster for Dawn of the Dead back in the day: "When There's No More Room In Hell, The Dead Will Walk The Earth." Maybe they'll succeed in closing the Gates of Hell at the end of this season and next season will be the Supernatural version of the Zombie Apocalypse. :lol:

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#100 Post by PhoenixHope » February 15th, 2013, 2:40 am

Okay, I'm a little bit ashamed at how much I like the sound of that. lol

I don't know whether I just like the idea of Supernatural having real zombies (finally!) or if it's just the idea that once again Dean and Sam are trying to do the right thing, but again the right thing turns out to be the wrong thing and then they have to find a way to undo what they've done.

Though I don't think I want them to go this way, but the idea just tickles me.