sci-fi update 2013

For all general Sci-fi and Fantasy discussions, be it books, TV or movies

Moderator: PhoenixHope

RJDiogenes

Re: sci-fi update 2013

#26 Post by RJDiogenes » March 24th, 2013, 10:25 pm

Yes, they did. That's why they hired him, to turn it into Star Wars.
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

Lowell

#27 Post by Lowell » March 24th, 2013, 11:33 pm

They insult us knowing that we will go see it because its all the trek we have now! :(

I enjoy the fan films on Youtube. James Cawley Star trek New adventures puts JJ univsere to shame. Plus he had better stories plus guest stars like Takei and Koeing! Oh the episode with Grace and George on the Excelisor was so cool!!!! They took some episodes into the movie era!!!!

Just think if some of those found thier way onto say SYFY what fans would say! :)

huggle

#28 Post by huggle » March 25th, 2013, 12:25 pm

Lowell wrote: "Bryan Burk said he and JJ Abrams wanted with INTO DARKNESS to create a ST movie for people who didnt like ST!!!! :o
and what they achieved so far was to create ST movies that made ST fans dislike ST.
a hug a day keeps the psychatrist away

Lowell

#29 Post by Lowell » March 25th, 2013, 7:29 pm

huggle wrote:
Lowell wrote: "Bryan Burk said he and JJ Abrams wanted with INTO DARKNESS to create a ST movie for people who didnt like ST!!!! :o
and what they achieved so far was to create ST movies that made ST fans dislike ST.

Thats started with ENTERPRISE as that era didnt appeal to alot of fans which lead among other things to its demise after 4 seasons which it was lucky to get that!

Yet most of us will go see it since its alll we have besides to online fan projects.

RJDiogenes

#30 Post by RJDiogenes » March 25th, 2013, 11:47 pm

^^ I liked Enterprise.

But I have no intention of bothering with another nuTrek movie. In fact, I didn't bother with the first nuTrek movie. I only watched it because I won the DVD in a contest. :D

Lowell

#31 Post by Lowell » March 26th, 2013, 4:22 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:^^ I liked Enterprise.

But I have no intention of bothering with another nuTrek movie. In fact, I didn't bother with the first nuTrek movie. I only watched it because I won the DVD in a contest. :D

I liked ENTERPRISE as well It had a great cast I meet Connor at a con and my friends liked the show too yet wehn they got away from the NG era that hurt Trek for some. I really wished ENTERPRISE had been allowed to do its 7 seasons yet the reason it didnt a 5th was Paramount was scared it would do well and they would be stuck with 2 more to give it a full run!

Sadly as Scott said new people took over and didnt like trek?

I may not go see the 2nd movie?

Lowell

#32 Post by Lowell » March 30th, 2013, 12:26 am

Brandon Braga has suggested Star Trek Enterprise could have a 5th season on Netflix?

Scott Bakula has said he would like to be in the next trek movie!

Although I would like those things to happen I think paramount wouldnt do it since they are some hard feeling among some over its demise?

However the cast is the youngest of the crews and it would be possible since I doubt they would ask for alot and would love the chance to return.

RJDiogenes

#33 Post by RJDiogenes » March 30th, 2013, 9:11 pm

I think it's too late for a 5th season. But some TV or DVD movies would be great. They could show the real story of Enterprise's return to Earth. ;)

Lowell

#34 Post by Lowell » March 31st, 2013, 3:04 am

Thats what another fan said. A Movie to give them a great ending would be nice? I hope Scott can get a role in the next film.

SpaceBall
Technical guru

#35 Post by SpaceBall » April 4th, 2013, 9:07 pm

Whats wrong with a female Starbuck?

Anyway I'm in favor of a new Star Trek series

Hell we could change Spock into a hot female too and call her T'ent'PO ... Then we would need to devise a heinous way to we get at least one wet t-shirt scene in every episode...
Like a shower they need to take after an away mission..
Huh? wait .. waddaya mean? "It's been done already"

What I find a shame is that there is a very big big Star Trek universe but it's not being used to it's full potential.

Spin-offs ... we needs them ...
a SFCIS or CSI - Risa would be awesome.
-
Image I am SpaceBall and I approve this message.Image

Lowell

#36 Post by Lowell » April 5th, 2013, 8:25 pm

I once heard an actor at a con tell us that paramount never wanted to run 2 trek series at the same time (STTNG/DS9=DS9/VOY) again?

I disagree. i think they could be two crews one for the TOS fans and then another for the NG era fans?

Look at the fan fiction online, You have the classic era up to the 24th century!

Could be done if they was a will to do it. many people want to yet its the suits that control the networks who make thta call and they seem not to want that?

Nahtmmm

#37 Post by Nahtmmm » April 6th, 2013, 9:30 pm

I imagine that two ST series at once tends to split the fanbase, both in terms of squabbling over which show is better and in terms of pulling in enough viewers to keep each show profitable. Some people can only watch one or two hours of TV a week, while others have such a broad interest that when both ST series run at the same time as other series they're watching, they'll "compromise" by picking only one Trek show to watch.

There's also the strain on the creative/production side. There are only so many people who can write well for Trek and who you can get to write for Trek. And it can be hard enough to keep satisfactory continuity with previous Treks without having to run next door to make sure the other show isn't going to contradict you in a few weeks' time.

So, yeah, I wouldn't want to run two series at once either.

Lowell

#38 Post by Lowell » April 6th, 2013, 10:16 pm

Im sure Stargate had the same issues!

It depends on what era those shows are set in? Like one could be a Classic TOS and another set in the NG era?

Those shows would NOT contradict each other? Yet now when do they care about trek history? :o

However I doubt that will happen as the actor said. We will be lucky to have a series within the decade! :(

RJDiogenes

#39 Post by RJDiogenes » April 6th, 2013, 11:00 pm

I don't think the audience could support two Trek series now. The concept is not consistent with current fashions. It would have to be direct-to-DVD or use the Netflix model or something.

Lowell

#40 Post by Lowell » April 7th, 2013, 4:24 pm

Most Starfleet people I talk to feel that way. That the net or DVD is the way to go. yet Its sad that overseas fans are the ones wanting a new series and seem more excited for it that we are?