ST Into Darkness

For all general Sci-fi and Fantasy discussions, be it books, TV or movies

Moderator: PhoenixHope

Nahtmmm

Re: ST Into Darkness

#26 Post by Nahtmmm » July 20th, 2013, 9:42 pm

Hah, two years of having to keep the thing from leaking onto the Internet? I wouldn't bother waiting that long! :lol:

Lowell

#27 Post by Lowell » August 23rd, 2013, 12:55 am

Well after what the new scotty said I think Ill keep my opinion that Trek should be back in the 24th or forward centuries! :)

Mike Dorn still trying to pitch his Worf project and I think he should consider what james Cawley doing with New Voyages and go on the net?

Sadly i dont see anyone in hollywood given trek a timeslot. even one of JJ people admits how hard it would be to get a trek series given how fans want fantasy rather than a space series. As another fan said on a trek forum I agree with that younger fans dont want to see a series with a Miltary feel to it which I think is true. Yet I dont think Stafleet acadmey 90210 would appeal either?

RJDiogenes

#28 Post by RJDiogenes » August 23rd, 2013, 10:27 pm

They should just do Star Trek-- strange new worlds, new life, new civilizations.

I found this accidentally the other day while looking for something else. Pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQ9piVgtWM

:lol:
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

Lowell

#29 Post by Lowell » August 24th, 2013, 1:05 am

Well if they did that they would want to use the JJ Universe so ???

Lowell

#30 Post by Lowell » September 12th, 2013, 5:09 pm

Well here the update on the future of JJ era.

One he is NOT directing the 3rd film that may go to Rupett Wyatt according to trekweb? yet JJ and his team will be writing and working behind the scenes.

second they are working on the story rumor has it the next mission may including a war?
Now that they ripped off Khan I am not surprised if they did the last TOS film The undiscovered Country and send Kirk into a war with the Klingons??? That my opinion and I had it for along time when other fans asked what stories this crew should do?

I just seen parts of the last one and did care much about the Enterprise being a submarine!!!!! Take a page from Picard and the NG stay in orbit like they could see the ship with their Technology the aliens Kirk and McCoy where running from in the opening of the film.

RJDiogenes

#31 Post by RJDiogenes » September 12th, 2013, 11:21 pm

The Constitution-class was not designed to enter an atmosphere. But who cares? This isn't Star Trek.

I'm sure the next movie will involve a war and more planets being blown up and more cities being destroyed and include nothing remotely resembling Star Trek.
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

Lowell

#32 Post by Lowell » September 13th, 2013, 2:01 am

RJDiogenes wrote:The Constitution-class was not designed to enter an atmosphere. But who cares? This isn't Star Trek.

I'm sure the next movie will involve a war and more planets being blown up and more cities being destroyed and include nothing remotely resembling Star Trek.

Your right I think the Voyager class vessel was the largest Starfleet ship that could land on a planet!
Yet I doubt they cared when they wrote that!!!!!

Yes I expect a Star wars type conflict in the next one.

Lowell

#33 Post by Lowell » September 22nd, 2013, 5:13 pm

Well I watched it last night and was not impressed as Ill give a more detail review later.

One Im not impressed with Khan return in the film.
Yet I did like the Rouge Admiral section 31 which could have been done without Khan and had Picard chase after a former CO who takes his ship and tries to start a war with the Klingons which is what they are leading into now? Yet that would lead TNG people into the "All Good things" era!!! :)

Ill say one thing about the film They had a very sexy Carol Marcus! :lol:
SPOILER>>>>>>>>>>

adding her to the crew for the next film I like!