ST INTO DARKNESS REVIEW WARNING SPOILERS

For all general Sci-fi and Fantasy discussions, be it books, TV or movies

Moderator: PhoenixHope

Lowell

ST INTO DARKNESS REVIEW WARNING SPOILERS

#1 Post by Lowell » September 23rd, 2013, 12:36 am

Ok I finally got to see the film and here what I liked and didn't like about the film.

The good 1st

1. Kirk was held accountable for violating the Prime Directive and briefly demoted.
2.They had a model of the NX-01 starship a Starfleet HQ
3.I like the Rogue Admiral and section 31 plot
4.They had a sexy Carol Marcus
5. a meition about Harry Mudd from TOS
6.a tribble playing an important part of the movie.
7.Sulu was given the ship for 2hours as kirk went on the mission so we had Capt Sulu for awhile.
8.Uhura vs Klingon guess who won!
9. New Spock impressed me which wasn't expected?
10. I liked how they move up time by a year after the events in the mission.

OK the BAD!

1. The new Enterprise is NOT a sub!
2. ADM Pike got killed
3 Nurse Chapel was meitioned yet she transfer off the ENTERPRISE now.
4. Scotty resigned as Chief Engineer and Kirk has Chekov take over? Ok this reminds me when Laforge was made ENTD Engineer. Yet I would think they would be a second senior Engineering officer rather than take a Bridge officer?
5 The USS Vegenance was a rip off of the ENTERPRISE E so like ENTERPRISE that stole the Akria class design for the NX-01 I seen JJ use Picard ship.
6. How easy and unreal it was for Khan to transport off Earth into Klingon space1 wait that's not the worse!
Kirk contacts Scotty on earth in a bar from Klingon space using communicators. you cant do that in the 24th century!!!!
7. the villain admiral dies like much like the ADM in Insurrection which he had stood trial?
8. YEs they redid the last part of TWOK death scene with Kirk doing Spock role!
9 The USS Vengance crashes into San Francisco! Ok if a starship crashes into a planet its going to do a lot of Damage IF a meteor can do a big crater the city shouldn't be standing!!!
10. Khan was captured and should have been blown up in space like the better one was!

OK now the crew back together with LT Carol Marcus (her new home) and they are beginning the 5 year mission!

With going into Klingon space I see something happening with them in the next film! from what the hints we watched.
They have at least 2 more planned. :shifty:
Overall Im dispointed.

huggle

Re: ST INTO DARKNESS REVIEW WARNING SPOILERS

#2 Post by huggle » September 23rd, 2013, 12:40 pm

I haven't seen that one yet (cinemas today are so terribly loud that I always wait till I get a movie on DVD).

They violated Kanon a few times with the ENT series - does this cinema Enterprise have a warp core or does she (correctly) run on sub-light speed?
If she has a warp core, she could certainly not crash into SF for as we all know (Insurrection and TNG), an exploding warp core can rip a planet apart.

I shall look forward to Kirk's demotion, though. And that fight Uhura vs Klingon has certainly the potential for a Klingon opera or two! :)
a hug a day keeps the psychatrist away

Lowell

#3 Post by Lowell » September 23rd, 2013, 5:26 pm

They hinted the Klingons are not happy with Kirk and crew going into their space rather than firing the Torpedoes as ADM Marcus had planned.

So whatever story they have for the 3rd one It sure the Klingon will show up demanding something be done for Kirks action!

Yes that was a Fight! :lol: You will like that scene!

RJDiogenes

#4 Post by RJDiogenes » September 24th, 2013, 11:35 pm

It sounds as brilliant as the first one. :lol:

I love the idea of Kirk putting Chekov in charge. He's, like, twelve years old. :D

No mention of the missing Vulcans, I take it.
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

Lowell

#5 Post by Lowell » September 24th, 2013, 11:57 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:It sounds as brilliant as the first one. :lol:

I love the idea of Kirk putting Chekov in charge. He's, like, twelve years old. :D

No mention of the missing Vulcans, I take it.

Well James Cawley let Chekov wear red shirt on New Voyages yet he was security chief as well as Bridge officer!

Khan did meition the Vulcans to Kirk as Stafleet found his ship while they where exploring planets.
Plus old Spock made a quick cameo as I said.

ADM Marcus seemed ready for a war with the Klingons!

RJDiogenes

#6 Post by RJDiogenes » September 25th, 2013, 10:26 pm

I mean all the Vulcans that magically disappeared from the galaxy when Vulcan was destroyed. I don't think any of them really thought that through.

Lowell

#7 Post by Lowell » October 3rd, 2013, 6:39 pm

Even though STID was a "HIT" for the studio, in terms of breaking even during to budget cost etc. the movie barely did that! Yes its consider a success yet its NOT what the studio wanted? Im grateful the overseas fans help push the movie in term of box office yet I think the crew will have one more adventure like this might force Paramount to rethink the franchise again?

Yet They feel making a movie ever 3-4 years is a lot easier than spending say 30 million on a weekly series on TV. Might not coast as much but a lot of work for the writers and we seen what burn out does in the past trek series!

So far according to "New" Kirk theres plans for 2 more ST3 and ST4?

JJ has said theres no interest for a series despite all the rumors!

I totally agree Trek in drydock now!

RJDiogenes

#8 Post by RJDiogenes » October 3rd, 2013, 11:08 pm

Good. The sooner this dies, the sooner somebody can bring back the real thing. But even two more movies is another six years. Bleah.

Lowell

#9 Post by Lowell » October 4th, 2013, 12:01 am

Yes JJ crew will last for the rest of the decade unless they decided the 3rd film in 2016 will be the last?

Most in Starfleet (SFI) predicts the 3rd film. The members have mixed feelings about the movie according to the newsletter I got today.

about the only place you find TNG era is Online Fan Films.