The Vampire Diaries Season Five Episode Discussion Thread

For all general Sci-fi and Fantasy discussions, be it books, TV or movies

Moderator: PhoenixHope

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The Vampire Diaries Season Five Episode Discussion Thread

#1 Post by PhoenixHope » October 2nd, 2013, 7:26 pm

No, I'm not planning to watch this show this season, though I suspect at some point in the future I probably will (a long way off, such as not until it comes out on DVD), but at the moment I'm planning to watch Once Upon A Time in Wonderland when it starts. And that's the key - OUATiW is apparently not starting this week, so I figured what the hell I'd actually go ahead and watch the premiere of The Vampire Diaries, unless I change my mind between now and tomorrow at any rate. So, I'm at least starting the season five discussion thread even though it'll most likely be a year or more before I actually use it.

The Vampire Diaries 5x01 "I know What You Did Last Summer"

Episode Description
(From CWTV.com)

COLLEGE DAYS — After spending the summer enjoying her passionate relationship with Damon, and making sure that Jeremy is adjusting after his return from the dead, Elena is thrilled to move into the dorm at nearby Whitmore College with her new roommate, Caroline. Still believing that Bonnie has been traveling all summer and will soon join them, Elena and Caroline are surprised when a student named Megan (guest star Hayley Kiyoko) shows up and announces that she will be sharing their dorm room. Katherine makes an unexpected appearance at the Salvatore house and pleads with Damon to help her now that she is human and vulnerable to her enemies. Matt and Rebekah return to Mystic Falls after spending a wild summer in Europe, where they met a mysterious beauty named Nadia (guest star Olga Fonda). Elena can’t shake the feeling that something is wrong with Stefan, and Silas makes a terrifying appearance at the “End of Summer” party in the town square. Lance Anderson directed the episode written by Caroline Dries.

Because to be honest nothing about this description says to me that this is or will be "must see" TV.

psst - No, I'm not making a thread yet for The Originals - I wanna wait to see if I'm gonna stick with it first, so comments for The Originals will go in the New Season New Shows (2013) What are you sampling this sea- thread in the Movies and TV forum for now.
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The Vampire Diaries 5x01 "I know What You Did Last Summer"

#2 Post by PhoenixHope » October 4th, 2013, 5:14 pm

The Vampire Diaries 5x01 I know What You Did Last Summer

*sigh* So, I watched The Originals first last night, but then decided that instead of leaving The Vampire Diaries sitting on my DVR for a long time that I'd go ahead and watch it.

And I don't know, yes, there was some things that bugged, but overall if there wasn't a coming conflict with Once Upon A Time in Wonderland the premiere of The Vampire Diaries would've probably been enough to have me hang on for yet another season.

The bugging:

Katherine as a human - to be honest I wish they'd have just killed her off instead of this shit! And I still think at this point it would be better if she was killed off as long as neither Elena NOR Silas are the ones to kill her.

Silas - SSOS (so sick of Silas). Honestly, show, you got rid of Bonnie because of a powers issue (or at least I assume that's why) but then you bring in Silas - I'd rather have Bonnie.

Damon/Elena, but surprisingly that only bothered me when I thought about season four, and from here on out I plan on pretending season four didn't happen, or at least that there was no rapey sire bond. From here on out Stefan simply had trouble accepting Elena as a vampire, but Damon was totes okay with it so Damon and Elena bonded (in a non-rapey way) while Stefan and Elena simply drifted apart.

But the rest was okay(ish), and I can't figure out if that's because I'd decided not to watch anymore so all the crap that would've bothered me simply didn't, or if it honestly wasn't that bad.

psst - I've missed something, though. What the hell is going on with the actor that plays Tyler? Is he wanting to leave The Vampire Diaries or is he just doing other stuff right now? I ask because while there was a valid reason for him to be missing most of last season (Klaus wanted to kill him) that same issue isn't in play this season, which makes me think it's something going on with the actor.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The Vampire Diaries 5x02 "True Lies"

#3 Post by PhoenixHope » October 9th, 2013, 8:04 pm

So, it's down to the wire and I still don't know which I'm gonna watch this week - The Vampire Diaries or Once Upon A Time in Wonderland. *sigh* I never should've watched last weeks episode, because before that I was all calm and cool about skipping The Vampire Diaries now I'm giving serious consideration to consigning OUATiW to being watched later on DVD instead of The Vampire Diaries.

Choices - choices!

Seriously, it doesn't help that I still haven't watched the first two episodes of Once Upon A Time this season, though I usually do that with Once Upon A Time - it's not that I don't like the show, because once I start watching the episodes I'm hooked all over again, but it's not unheard of for me to have as many as four before I start watching, and to be honest if Once Upon A Time in Wonderland ends up being the same for me then while I probably will watch the premiere this week I'll probably end up going back to The Vampire Diaries live(ish) and catching Once Upon A Time in Wonderland on DVD later.

The Vampire Diaries 5x02 "True Lies"

Episode Description
(From CWTV.com)

MISSING PERSONS — Without telling Elena that Stefan is missing, Damon turns to Sheriff Forbes for help finding his brother. Elena and Caroline try to find out who is covering up a campus murder, and a fellow Whitmore student named Jesse (guest star Kendrick Sampson) gives Elena some intriguing information about Professor Wes Maxfield (guest star Rick Cosnett). While Jeremy struggles to return to his old life, he continues to be the only person who can see and talk to Bonnie, but he can’t convince her that it’s time to let the others know that she sacrificed her own life for his. After learning that Silas is searching for Katherine, Damon asks Matt and Jeremy to keep her out of sight, but the situation quickly spirals out of control. Finally, Nadia (guest star Olga Fonda) uses violence to make a point about her own agenda.
Joshua Butler directed the episode written by Brian Young.

RJDiogenes

Re: The Vampire Diaries Season Five Episode Discussion Thread

#4 Post by RJDiogenes » October 15th, 2013, 11:48 pm

Why doesn't Katherine just get somebody to turn her back into a Vampire?

So Bonnie is still on the show, but as a ghost? Didn't one of us guess that would happen? :lol:
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#5 Post by PhoenixHope » October 16th, 2013, 3:10 am

RJDiogenes wrote:Why doesn't Katherine just get somebody to turn her back into a Vampire?

In the premiere Damon offered, but Katherine being smart said that though she wanted to it wouldn't be wise since no one knew how that would react to the cure considering no one had ever taken it before. Basically she wants more info before she does anything other than just survive for the moment.

RJDiogenes wrote:So Bonnie is still on the show, but as a ghost? Didn't one of us guess that would happen? :lol:

I don't know if we guessed so much as simply saw the obvious outcome.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The Vampire Diaries 5x03 "Original Sin"

#6 Post by PhoenixHope » October 16th, 2013, 7:42 pm

The Vampire Diaries 5x03 "Original Sin"

Episode Description
(From CWTV.com)

SECRETS OF THE PAST - When Elena and Katherine have the same dream that Stefan is in danger and desperately needs their help, they convince Damon to help them find Stefan. However, their plans are thwarted by a mysterious young woman named Tessa (guest star Janina Gavankar) who seems to know everything about Stefan's history. In flashbacks to a distant time and place, Tessa reveals the shocking secrets in her past and what she has planned for the future. She also has a disturbing message for Damon about his own future. Silas forces an unwilling accomplice to help him search for Katherine, leading to a confusing and life-threatening situation for Matt. Finally, Silas reveals the reason he's determined to find Katherine, and Damon and Elena face a disturbing new reality.
Jesse Warn directed the episode written by Melinda Hsu Taylor & Rebecca Sonnenshine.

RJDiogenes

#7 Post by RJDiogenes » October 16th, 2013, 11:31 pm

More flashbacks. Flashbacks are always good. :D

PhoenixHope wrote:In the premiere Damon offered, but Katherine being smart said that though she wanted to it wouldn't be wise since no one knew how that would react to the cure considering no one had ever taken it before. Basically she wants more info before she does anything other than just survive for the moment.

That's a decent excuse to keep her human for a while.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: The Vampire Diaries 5x03 "Original Sin"

#8 Post by PhoenixHope » October 18th, 2013, 7:59 pm

The Vampire Diaries 5x03 Original Sin

WHOA!

Okay, so now more than ever I regret skipping last weeks episode of The Vampire Diaries, because once again this weeks was just great! Well, I guess I don't know if I'd say great, but there was certainly lots of juicy plot bits dropped in this episode and also many twists and turns.

Queen Q is back and she's still a woman scorned, and the gal Silas threw her over for all those many years ago is revealed to be the original version of Elena (and how did I not see that one coming? Cause really it is obvious in hind-sight), and according to Queen Q because the original love was interrupted the very universe itself is trying to get some version of Silas and Amara together. There's a joke here somewhere - Stefan and Elena so epic even the universe ships them!

Anyway, we start with Elena waking up from a Stefan dream, Katherine shows up to reveal she had the same dream. Things that make you go Hmmm!

So, its off to rescue Stefan who's actually been taken by Queen Q (P.S. In case you've forgotten Queen Q is Qetsiyah, who's now trying to change her name to Tessa, which all things considered can you blame her?) and rehashes the story Silas told, except somehow she thinks that makes her more sympathic - it really doesn't, because over the course of things she reveals that she made the cure and cured Amara and then killed her as though they momentarily stepped out of a teen drama and into a very bloody slasher movie.

During this Damon, Elena, and Katherine are coming for Stefan, but they get a wee bit distracted by what I'm sure was much more explained in last weeks episode. Anyway, Matt and Bekka's threesome comes back to bite Matt in the ass. Somehow he's taken over by someone's boyfriend that Nadia (I think was her name) killed last week because Silas ordered it, so for now he's trapped in Matt. Nadia promises she'll make him the owner of the body, but first there's things must be done. Yeah, she seems trust-worthy.

So, Nadia catches up to Damon, Elena, and Katherine forcing them to split up - Damon goes on to search for Stefan, Elena runs off to help Katherine. Alas, Elena is not up to that challenge, though I must admit Katherine and Elena do have a nice little moment before Nadia snaps Elena's neck and makes off with Katherine. Silas is waiting, which does not make Nadia happy, because for reasons I figure was revealed last week Nadia wants to "play" with Katherine before handing her over.
(That's Katherine, she just can't help making "friends" where ever she goes.)

Silas is having none of that, but before Silas can make Nadia off herself, Queen Q (or Tessa as she wishes we would call her now) works a spell on Stefan that will limit the raging mental powers that Silas has, which will make him easier for Queen Q to track down so she can shove the cure down his throat. PS - the cure is Katherine - her blood is now a cure. That's not revealed right here, but it's hinted at heavily enough that it's obvious long before it's actually spelled out.
(And as far as that goes I suspected as much last season when Elena shoved the cure down Katherine's throat.)

Anyway, just before Silas can order Nadia to kill herself Queen Q completes the spell and while Silas is having some problems Nadia makes off with Katherine. However, while the spell knocks Stefan out it only makes Silas bleed a little from his eyes, though he does figure out from this that she's back.

And this is where Queen Q tells Damon the worst thing about watching from the other side is watching the various versions of Silas and Amara find and fall in love with each other over and over again. *sigh* Though I can guess that would get tedious even for someone who doesn't hate them, so it was probably a damn good punishment for someone who loathes the very idea of them together.

She twists the nail more by saying that all she and Damon can and will ever be is the fly in their epic romance. You can see this does affect Damon, but in the end he's all "I'll do what I want and not even the universe will stop me." However, before that point, Elena finds Damon and Stefan while Stefans knocked out and Damon still hasn't recovered completely from being tossed into a wall by Queen Q, which is another nice little twist the knife thing where Elena seems to only see Stefan.

But after all that there's yet one more twist before the episode ends - when Stefan wakes up he has no idea who Damon and Elena are. Ooops, except not totally unexpected since Queen Q did freely and honestly admit she was frying his brains. Still I admit I didn't consider it until the very moment Stefan's like "I'm sorry, but I don't know who you are."

So, you know the events of last season left me with the impression that the people behind this show honestly no longer had any idea what they was doing, but this season is making me think maybe just maybe they do after all.

PS - This episode has me wondering if it also didn't reveal that Bonnie is not gonna be staying ghost!Bonnie for the rest of the shows run, though I suppose I could just be imagining things here. However, I wanted to note this, because before the episode where Elena died, I was thinking she would, but I didn't say anything (and suspecting that Katherine's blood was the cure - I thought I'd said that somewhere, but I can't find it now), so this time I'm saying what I'm thinking so if it does happen I can point and say "I called it!" And, yes, this is despite the fact that Bonnie ghost of otherwise was not in this episode at all.

PSST - RJD, yeah over here! I have a statement that may at least make you grin (if not make you sorry you're missing The Vampire Diaries this season) Damon basically tells the truth to Elena "you do realize that you are dating a reformed serial killer, right?" I swear, though I can't find it now, that I've heard you make claims along this line re: both Damon and Stefan (and so this totally made me think of you), so at least one of them is coming close to being honest, though with Stefan it's usually obvious (from the emo if nothing else) that he regrets/wants to reform.

RJDiogenes

#9 Post by RJDiogenes » October 19th, 2013, 10:26 pm

PhoenixHope wrote:PSST - RJD, yeah over here! I have a statement that may at least make you grin (if not make you sorry you're missing The Vampire Diaries this season) Damon basically tells the truth to Elena "you do realize that you are dating a reformed serial killer, right?" I swear, though I can't find it now, that I've heard you make claims along this line re: both Damon and Stefan (and so this totally made me think of you), so at least one of them is coming close to being honest, though with Stefan it's usually obvious (from the emo if nothing else) that he regrets/wants to reform.

Yeah, I definitely said that. :D Both of them are mass murderers. And, since Elena obviously knows this, she is one kinky chick. :D

So it sounds like they're really expanding on the mythology to compensate for the lack of the Originals-- and doing a pretty good job of it.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#10 Post by PhoenixHope » October 20th, 2013, 12:27 am

*grin* I admit that my second thought was "you do realize you're probably only making it hotter for her, right?"

RJDiogenes

#11 Post by RJDiogenes » October 20th, 2013, 11:10 pm

:D

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The Vampire Diaries 5x04 "For Whom the Bell Tolls"

#12 Post by PhoenixHope » October 23rd, 2013, 10:25 pm

The Vampire Diaries 5x04 "For Whom the Bell Tolls"

Episode Description
(From CWTV.com)

REMEMBRANCE DAY — While Mystic Falls observes its traditional Remembrance Day to honor the dead, Damon and Elena try to help Stefan through a confusing time, a task that ends up taking Elena on an emotional journey of her own. A worried Matt tries to figure out the reason behind his mysterious blackouts, and Caroline makes an effort to get to know Jesse (guest star Kendrick Sampson) better. Jeremy makes a startling confession that hits Damon hard. Finally, Dr. Maxfield (guest star Rick Cosnett) puts a plan in motion that will change everything. Kat Graham also stars.
Michael Allowitz directed the episode written by Brett Matthews & Elisabeth R. Finch.

Is it weird that all I'm really hoping for from this episode is that Jeremy will finally reveal that Bonnie, she's dead, Jim. Seriously, it's time to stop hiding that little fact.

RJDiogenes

#13 Post by RJDiogenes » October 23rd, 2013, 11:56 pm

Shouldn't it be Remembrance Week by now? There's a lot of dead people to remember on this show. :D

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: The Vampire Diaries 5x04 "For Whom the Bell Tolls"

#14 Post by PhoenixHope » October 25th, 2013, 6:27 pm

The Vampire Diaries 5x04 For Whom the Bell Tolls

So, this episode wasn't high octane, but I didn't hate it. In fact it was probably exactly what it needed to be.

Anyway everyone (including myself, though for a slightly different reason) is mad at Bonnie because heavy shit is going down and she's AWOL because she's dead, but she STILL doesn't want anyone to know. And yes I was miffed because seriously I know you don't want to see your friends crying again, but Stefan has magical memory loss... Well, and so does Matt, but his comes from an extra passanger and not just a mad witch trying to kill her Ex. What I'm saying is that I understand the desire to not harsh everyone's buzz, but shit is getting real and they need to know they don't have a witch on the payroll anymore.

Thankfully, Jeremy is finally tired of lying and tells Damon then Matt and everyone else finally gets a clue, so Bonnie gets a funeral, and gets to say her... Well, not goodbyes, because ghost!Bonnie isn't leaving, but through Jeremy she gets to say all kinds of good things to her friends. Everyone cries, and we get surprise Tyler at the end.

Of course, this being The Vampire Diaries you know that's not ALL that happened. First, Damon is making Stefan read Stefan's journals, which I guess is a good use of them, but despite having read some of the journals Stefan somehow comes up with the idea that he's the fun brother. So to prove a point Damon wrecks the car he stole just for the hell of it. They go to a bar, and somehow imagine that Stefan (aka Ripper) won't be tempted, because they are trying to keep Stefan from feeding because they think the Ripper thing may be hard-wired instead of based on life-insanity.

It's during this that Jeremy calls Damon telling him they need to talk about Bonnie - Damon doesn't see why this can't be done over the phone, but ends up leaving Elena to try to bring Stefan's memories back. Which leads to Stefan putting things together - not remembering, but understanding he and Elena was an item leaving Elena to try and explain they was but they ain't now, which leads Stefan to buring his diaries and informing Damon and Elena that he doesn't want to be that guy again because he feels that guys a loser. Well, and also that he's gonna hang with Caroline because he can trust her.

Of course, during the hanging out with Caroline Stefan decides it's time for lunch and tries to snack on her new flavor of the month, because Caroline is thisclose to giving up on Tyler, which of course was the first clue that of course Tyler is coming back, because we can't have her moving on. *coughs* Anyway, Stefan attacks flavor of the month, but manages to pull back, so apparently NuStefan doesn't have to go all Ripper, because NuStefan is just kinda awesome that way. Now this is a key plot-point that you wouldn't think is at the time, but rather than let NuFlav die Caroline feeds him vampire blood and then wipes his memories (though we do not see the latter).

And I guess I should mention that during all this Matt has bugged his house with cameras, because he knows shit ain't right, and one night he sees himself wake up and speak on the phone before walking to the camera and saying "hello" to himself. Well, hey, at least he knows he's not crazy now, but before Matt can share what he knows Jeremy shows up to inform him that Bonnie can't help him because Bonnie's dead.

Finally, the plot-point I mentioned - well, someone at Mystic Falls U is covering for vampires, which connects to NuFlav who knows somethings screwy so he goes in for a check-up, where the Doctor clearly knows more than he probably should about Mystic Falls, and informs NuFlav that someone either wants him to become a vampire or more likely he was hurt real bad and someone fed him vamp blood so he wouldn't die. NuFlav is all "WTH?!" and then I'm all "WTH?!" when Doctor apparently thinks the world doesn't have enough vampires and just outright kills NuFlav.

RJDiogenes

#15 Post by RJDiogenes » October 25th, 2013, 11:35 pm

Youch. A mad doctor. Just what the town needs. :D

So now that everyone knows Bonnie is dead, we're one step closer to having Bonnie alive again. 8)

Wait, nuStefan burned the Vampire Diaries? What are they gonna call the show now?

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: The Vampire Diaries 5x04 "For Whom the Bell Tolls"

#16 Post by PhoenixHope » October 25th, 2013, 11:57 pm

I know, right? Last season Elena torched her house presumably with her pre-vampire diaries in it, and this season Stefan decides his diaries got to go.

The Vampire Non-Diaries: No, seriously, we are totally over that whole diaries thing - We promise Stefan will not at some point be writing:

Dear NuDiary,

You just won't believe what happened? I allowed a witch to fry my memories and the cooler me burned your brothers. That is distinctly not fabulous! But I promise I'll be keeping this new set on lock-down and never ever telling anyone where they are so I'll never torch you, beloved diary.

Love,
Stefan

RJDiogenes

#17 Post by RJDiogenes » October 26th, 2013, 9:48 pm

Maybe they should update it to be The Vampire Blogs. :D

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The Vampire Diaries 5x05 "Monster's Ball"

#18 Post by PhoenixHope » October 30th, 2013, 9:07 pm

The Vampire Diaries 5x05 "Monster's Ball"

Episode Description
(From CWTV.com)

COSTUME PARTY OF THE DAMNED — On campus, Elena is touched by a sad and secretive student named Aaron (guest star Shaun Sipos). Elena and Damon attend the Whitmore Historical Ball dressed as Anne Boleyn and Henry VIII. At the Ball, Elena shares a dance with Dr. Maxfield (guest star Rick Cosnett), who has a disturbing message for her. Caroline’s evening at the Ball takes her from happiness to heartbreak. Meanwhile, Nadia (guest star Olga Fonda) reveals her surprising history to Katherine, and Damon tries to make a deal with Silas. Silas’ demand that Damon commit an unthinkable act leads to a violent confrontation. Kat Graham and Zach Roerig also star.
Kellie Cyrus directed the episode written by Sonny Postiglione.

RJDiogenes

#19 Post by RJDiogenes » October 30th, 2013, 11:49 pm

I saw Bonnie in the previews. Also, it looks like they have a new logo.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: The Vampire Diaries 5x05 "Monster's Ball"

#20 Post by PhoenixHope » October 31st, 2013, 9:56 pm

Yeah, according to the promos this is the episode what reveals I was right, or at least has Damon planning to use Silas (his death, I think) to bring Bonnie back. Though I doubt that'll happen in this episode - this episode is probably just sitting it up to happen at a later time.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#21 Post by PhoenixHope » November 1st, 2013, 11:58 pm

Okay, this is a little late - sorry about that if you was eagerly waiting for it. But you see these days I mostly have to get up to go to work in the middle of the night, so I couldn't watch it airing live, and then thanks to bad weather Halloween was canceled for my area yesterday so I've been doing Halloween-y things today, and have only just now watched the episode.

The Vampire Diaries 5x05 Monster's Ball

Well, we start with Doctor Crazy is doing research on newbie vamps looking for something - at this point, who knows what? But apparently flavor of the week will do nicely for whatever it is. However, the episode headline is Tyler is an idiot. Apparently, simply because Klaus gave his permission for Tyler and Caroline to be together Tyler feels that Caroline has cooties now, though he doesn't tell her that before the welcome back sex - JACKASS! It would seem Tyler if off to New Orleans now to try and piss on The Originals parade.

Okay, maybe the headline should be "it's a girl," because this episode reveals that Nadia (the person who captured Katherine a couple episodes back) is Katherine's daughter. But not before she tells Katherine a bullshit story and Katherine half-ass stakes her. Half-ass because it doesn't kill her, though it wasn't meant too, because Katherine wanted to know why she was lying, which leads to the "you're my mother" reveal. Nadia seems surprised to learn that after Katherine ditched the Klaus-herd she went back to look for her daughter but her daughter wasn't there - said daughter doesn't seem to know where she was ta that point.
(Oh, and tis also revealed that it isn't just a little drop of Katherine's blood needed for cure and cure related purposes, but Silas is gonna need every last drop.)

But the real thrust of the episode comes from Damon and his master plan to use the death of Silas to return Bonnie back to life. He goes as far as to make a deal with Silas, which involves "killing" Stefan so Silas can access his raging mental powers - he's looking for Queen Qs magical link that keeps the other side up. Trouble is Queen Q is looking for it too, because some group called "Travelers" keeps moving it on her. Before Silas can get all he needs, Stefan fakes Damon out and then goes to let Queen Q know she's been had.
PS - Bonnie says no to the plan to bring her back to life, but Jeremy lies and tells Damon she's onboard.

Speaking of is it weird that because I saw hints of her being over Silas that I'm suddenly liking her so much more - to the point that I'm almost inclined to call her Tessa now. Also, Elena is distancing herself from Damon because she feels guilty about living her life while Bonnie was dead, which I get I do, but it's really kinda silly, because that's exactly what Bonnie wanted her to do. But again I get it - emotions are just screwy that way sometimes. Also, Doctor Creepy is trying to run Elena away from college, but not in the trying to kill her way - I think he may actually be trying to protect her.

Anyway, Queen Q turns Silas to fugue!vampire, so he can't beat her to the magic object, and Damon is very unhappy about this. I honestly didn't think he liked Bonnie this much. It's at this point my local news broke in. Anyway, while local news was on it seems Damon and Elena brought Silas home and somehow they managed to bring Amara back. WTF?! I'm not even sure this would make sense if my broadcast hadn't been distracted.

Another fairly good episode - despite having some logic gaps. The first, Katherine stakes Nadia in a crowded resturant and the patrons barely react at all - apparently this place serves Turduken. The second (related) is that clearly Nadia left the 'raunt with the stake in her, because when Katherine finds her in the alley it's still in her. And finally it would seem Damon has some magical time-traveling form of transportation, because he can make round trips from places a few hours away fairly quickly. Hell, there's probably others, but because of my fairly quick watch (and local hijack) I can't be sure, but that's just a small few.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The Vampire Diaries 5x06 "Handle with Care"

#22 Post by PhoenixHope » November 6th, 2013, 10:12 pm

The Vampire Diaries 5x06 "Handle with Care"

Episode Description
(From CWTV.com)

INDESTRUCTIBLE — Silas happily announces his new goal to Damon and Elena, but they are skeptical when he promises to accomplish one important task in return for their help. Tessa (guest star Janina Gavankar) confidently tells Stefan about her next move, then realizes that Silas has managed to outsmart her. A desperate Katherine discovers a new and unexpected consequence of becoming human again, and realizes she needs a new place to stay. In exchange for a spot in the dorm room, she offers to show Caroline how to get answers from Dr. Maxfield (guest star Rick Cosnett). Bonnie is touched by Jeremy’s strength and determination to stand by her. Finally, Damon is stunned when he figures out the secret to Tessa’s plan.
Jeffrey Hunt directed the episode written by Caroline Dries & Holly Brix.

RJDiogenes

#23 Post by RJDiogenes » November 7th, 2013, 12:42 am

Wow, Katherine has a vampire daughter? :lol: Cool. Is she played by the same actress again? :D

Maybe Damon has been watching Supernatural and somehow acquired the ability to travel back and forth around the country in a matter of minutes. 8)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#24 Post by PhoenixHope » November 7th, 2013, 3:20 am

RJDiogenes wrote:Wow, Katherine has a vampire daughter? :lol: Cool. Is she played by the same actress again? :D

Yes, and no. Alas, Nadia is not a doppelganger.

RJDiogenes

#25 Post by RJDiogenes » November 8th, 2013, 12:16 am

That's too bad. It would be funny if there were more and more of them all the time. :lol: