Moderator: PhoenixHope

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Being Human 4x08 "Rewind, Rewind"

#26 Post by PhoenixHope » March 2nd, 2014, 7:42 pm

Being Human 4x08 "Rewind, Rewind"

Episode Description
(From Zap2it)

Sally learns that by changing the past to match the present, she has changed her and the roommates' futures.

Or maybe I'm just gonna find her stupid here, because that's like DUH! And falls under obvious outcome should be obvious.
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

Re: Being Human Season Four Episode Discussion Thread

#27 Post by RJDiogenes » March 2nd, 2014, 11:55 pm

But if she changes the timeline, she won't become a ghost, which means she won't be able to go back in time to change the timeline, which means that the timeline will stay the same and she'll become a ghost and travel into the past and not be able to change the timeline. :?
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Being Human 4x08 "Rewind, Rewind"

#28 Post by PhoenixHope » March 7th, 2014, 8:01 pm

Being Human 4x08 Rewind, Rewind

So, I finally got around to watching this last night. And I don't know - I didn't love this episode, but I didn't hate it either.

I kinda love that Sally failed to realize that stepping in would change the relationship between Aidan and Josh (more evidence that she never thinks things through, despite the fact that even she herself has ~feelings~ on matters she still ignores even herself), and I found myself really loving that despite Sally pushing (or maybe because of) Nora ended up on a radically different path, though that could be more because I always felt based on the way Nora acted/reacted that she honestly didn't want to marry Josh in the first place but for whatever reason the show forced it to happen, and so this kinda felt like it was sitting that right.

However, I really feel like Aidan/Sally came out of nowhere, but that could just be me I suppose, but I never really thought that Sally would've had something with either guy had she just been alive. However, in the context of this episode/story it worked - it's just that I'm having trouble buying that there was some hidden attraction between them all along.

Though this whole thing makes me honestly wonder if the people behind Being Human knew they was getting close to the end, because this storyline feels more like a transition storyline rather than an endgame storyline if you understand what I mean. It could still work as an endgame, I suppose, but it feels like the show thought it was in the middle of the story rather than at the end.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

#29 Post by RJDiogenes » March 7th, 2014, 11:42 pm

Yeah, I'm a little worried about that myself.

The attraction between Sally and Aiden has been hinted at before, especially in the first several episodes when she got her human body back. I remember one scene in particular where they were on the couch and there was a "moment."

But I thought this was all pretty interesting. The nuBSG-style shaky cam and the sepia fadeouts made the whole episode seem really eerie and off. I was kind of amused that Sally took being turned into a Werewolf in stride. It was pretty touching how hard she worked to get everyone back together in the same house and to recreate the best parts of the old timeline while fixing the problems. She did a pretty good job for a while, but reality didn't cooperate. Now she'll be a ghost in the new timeline and everything will still be screwed up. She probably won't regain her magic powers, so I'm betting she'll have to seek out Donna-- who has never met her before in this timeline.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Being Human 4x09 "Too Far, Fast Forward!"

#30 Post by PhoenixHope » March 9th, 2014, 8:17 pm

Being Human 4x09 "Too Far, Fast Forward!"

Episode Description
(From Zap2it)

Sally realizes that the only way to make things right is to transport to the present and seeking the help of an old foe.

RJDiogenes

#31 Post by RJDiogenes » March 9th, 2014, 10:28 pm

I knew it. :lol:

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Being Human 4x09 "Too Far, Fast Forward!"

#32 Post by PhoenixHope » March 11th, 2014, 8:12 pm

Being Human 4x09 Too Far, Fast Forward!

Well, I got tossed out of this episode around the middle part, because tossing Sally to the future should not and could not have worked. Seriously, anyone that's ever watched Back to the Future could tell you this. From the moment Sally changed her death the future changed, which means Sally would need to go back and first to undo the changes she made before going forward to the future she wanted to go back to.
(Oh and that Back to the Future thing is short-hand that I didn't even think about while watching the episode, because my handwritten notes was WAY longer detailing why this wouldn't have worked as the show had it work, but as I was typing I remembered BttF and decided to short-hand.)

But to make this work for me I decided Sally just dreamed her trip to the past and therefore she didn't time travel that time. Of course, for this to work she'd have to have dreamed all her trips, but I worked that out by saying she was having psychic dreams.

Seriously though the episode wasn't horrible, but that above just ruined it for me.

RJDiogenes

#33 Post by RJDiogenes » March 11th, 2014, 10:59 pm

I think the multiple Sallys were meant to explain that, implying that there are multiple timelines and she got sent back to the one that she originated from. I'm wondering if they will follow up on that.

So does that mean you stopped watching and didn't see her brief glimpse of the future?

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Being Human 4x09 "Too Far, Fast Forward!"

#34 Post by PhoenixHope » March 11th, 2014, 11:44 pm

You're probably right about that, but really it could've been more simple than that. When Donna was talking bungee cords they could've just tossed in a mention that Sally needed to at least land in the past to pull her previous ghost out of meant-to-be-doomed-human-Sally before then bouncing back to the future. OR merely have only one other ghost Sally appear - the current ghost Sally's past ghost self from just before she jumped into meant-to-be-doomed-human-Sally.

And, no, I didn't mess the end bit, I saw it, and I think the show was trying to be cute. Like saying Sally was meant to die with her head bashed in apparently they are also trying to say that Aidan and Josh was always meant to end badly.

RJDiogenes

#35 Post by RJDiogenes » March 12th, 2014, 10:37 pm

I hope not. I really want this show to go out with a happy ending.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#36 Post by PhoenixHope » March 13th, 2014, 4:17 pm

I hate to say it because I'm usually one for a happy ending, but sometimes there are just things where a happy ending wouldn't feel natural.

For example I'd like Haven to have a happy ending (though after they screwed up the storyline I'm not sure that's possible now), and at the moment I feel like Lost Girl should have a happy ending. But most of the other things I watch I can't see a happy ending working, with the possible exception of Pretty Little Liars, though I think bittersweet would work better than outright happy or rocks fall everybody dies with this one.

Again, for example, in addition to Being Human there's Supernatural (more and more I feel like a happy ending would actually ruin that series) and The Originals/The Vampire Diaries (depending on your version of a happy ending, I suppose, but lately I think the ultimate end for these two should probably be the wiping out of the originals and thereby ending the vampire lines period).

Of course, there's other shows I watch, but with most of the rest of those I'm okay with a happy ending or at least like with Pretty Little Liars a bittersweet one.

RJDiogenes

#37 Post by RJDiogenes » March 13th, 2014, 10:40 pm

Well, after you've been invested in a bunch of characters, it's generally better to have them have a happy ending. Supernatural could get by with a weird or tragic ending. Vampire Diaries and The Originals are about a bunch of mass murderers, so an unhappy ending would be okay. :D Other shows, like Warehouse 13, would work best with an open-ended ending. But the premise of Being Human is for them to live normal, happy lives, so I'd feel pretty cheated if they don't either achieve that in some measure, or at least still have some hope of achieving it.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#38 Post by PhoenixHope » March 14th, 2014, 12:03 am

I can understand that, I suppose, but for me these characters have never been happy, or if they have it's quickly went downhill for them. So I guess that's why I just can't see a happy ending for this one working, though I suppose I could live with a bittersweet one.

And you know you keep talking about the mass murderers on The Vampire Diaries, but Dean and Sam really ain't no better. No longer do they even care that killing the demon also kills the human, too. Hell, one week they went so far as to actually turn someone else to murder (Kevin's mom) and in that same week they just walked away leaving one of Crowley's prisoners behind (there was said to be three - one escaped and was killed by demon, the other they rescued, but the other they didn't even bother looking for). Yes, with Dean this could maybe be blamed on the mark, but Sam didn't bat an eye either, and also they've been doing that shit before this season.
(It would be one thing if you could believe they didn't understand that, but the entire story of season four was practically about this - Sam wanted to use his powers to get the demon out without killing the human, which is the main reason I never could totally side with Dean during that season. Not to mention all the times they've (or Sam) have had demons up their own ass.)

So what I'm saying is that yes these people have a demon inside, but most of the time it's not like they invited said demon in and I feel certain that the human inside would love to be rid of the demon while still living to tell the tale, but Dean and Sam no longer care/don't think about that anymore. And don't get me wrong, I actually like that they've come so far that it's all just so much collateral damage from their pov. I just wish I felt like the people behind the show understood how cold-blooded that actually is of them.

RJDiogenes

#39 Post by RJDiogenes » March 14th, 2014, 11:14 pm

That's true, which is one reason that I said that Supernatural could get by with a tragic ending. Neither one of those guys is exactly innocent.

Although Aiden is a mass murderer, too, and even Josh has killed.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Being Human 4x10 "Oh Don't You Die For Me"

#40 Post by PhoenixHope » March 16th, 2014, 6:50 pm

Being Human 4x10 "Oh Don't You Die For Me"

Episode Description
(From Zap2it)

Josh struggles to get Nora back; Aidan and Sally's friendship turns into something more, even though his relationship with Suzanna has taken a new turn.

RJDiogenes

#41 Post by RJDiogenes » March 16th, 2014, 10:04 pm

Uh oh. Sally wants to recreate her romance from the other timeline.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Being Human 4x10 "Oh Don't You Die For Me"

#42 Post by PhoenixHope » March 18th, 2014, 7:46 pm

Being Human 4x10 Oh Don't You Die For Me

Really, I don't have much to say about the episode, though it is starting to look like while they're going to wrap some of the seasons arc I don't know if this ones going to feel like a series finale. On the other hand, for a show like this I could live with that.

RJDiogenes

#43 Post by RJDiogenes » March 18th, 2014, 11:19 pm

Most of the shows I've watched in my life have had open-ended endings (I'm sure the Robinsons are still out there somewhere), so I can live with that. As long as it's not a major cliffhanger. And as long as there aren't major things unresolved. Like Josh and Nora. And the weird pack. And Aiden and Sally. And Sally's time traveling. Why did she time travel without doing magic? Was it the possession that triggered it this time? Or has it just gotten to the point where she will leap forever, like Sam Beckett?

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Being Human 4x11 "Ramona the Pest"

#44 Post by PhoenixHope » March 24th, 2014, 5:34 pm

Being Human 4x11 "Ramona the Pest"

Episode Description
(From Zap2it)

Aidan helps Kenny get out of town; Sally and Nora help Josh conquer his wolf.

Um, crazy ex-wife is dead now so whys Kenny gotta amscray?

RJDiogenes

#45 Post by RJDiogenes » March 24th, 2014, 10:47 pm

That's what I'm wondering, too.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Being Human 4x11 "Ramona the Pest"

#46 Post by PhoenixHope » March 26th, 2014, 11:35 pm

Okay, so, yes I watched the episode somewhat timely but have been so tired/busy that I haven't had time to comment.

Being Human 4x11 Ramona the Pest

Mostly I know there was other stuff going on, but mostly this episode just disappointed me with how easy it was for Josh to get back in control.

Though I guess some slack must be given since we're near the end, but honestly I was kinda hoping this would be one of those things that wouldn't get resolved.

On the other hand, this episode had an impressive body count, so it wasn't all bad/disappointing.

RJDiogenes

#47 Post by RJDiogenes » March 27th, 2014, 11:10 pm

I haven't seen it yet, thanks to Sciffy's unreliable On Demand.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Being Human 4x12 "House Hunting"

#48 Post by PhoenixHope » March 30th, 2014, 9:30 pm

Being Human 4x12 "House Hunting"

Episode Description
(From Zap2it)

The roommates discover they are not the only ones having a hard time leaving the house.

RJDiogenes

#49 Post by RJDiogenes » March 30th, 2014, 10:14 pm

I wonder if they will actually relocate by the end of the show.

And I saw the last episode. Pretty eventful. Josh is back in control, he and Nora seem to be back together, Aiden and Sally are together in some sense, the little girl is very creepy, the pack is history, and Kenny knows that Josh killed his girlfriend. When Aiden and Josh were fighting, I was afraid that it would lead to the event that Sally witnessed in the future. I'm still worried about if or when that will happen.

But the scenes when Aiden came through the wall like Kool-Aid and was talking to himself in the waiting room were hilarious. :lol:

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Being Human 4x12 "House Hunting"

#50 Post by PhoenixHope » April 3rd, 2014, 9:24 pm

Being Human 4x12 House Hunting

Okay so I finally managed to watch this episode last night, and I got to say it disappointed me on so many levels. But most of it is because this is the episode before the last episode ever of Being Human and I just feel like in that light the evil ghost/house stuff should not have been the largest part of this episode.

However, even if this wasn't the next to last episode ever of Being Human I still wouldn't have like it. However, if it wasn't the next to last episode ever of Being Human I probably wouldn't have found it a horrible episode just a horribly boring episode.

But yeah in light of this episode I'm thinking this whole thing is just coming to a disappointing end. Not necessarily bad in the strictest sense of the word just rushed which means we're probably looking at an overly happy ending that just doesn't feel organic to the feel/tone of the overall show. *sigh*