Sleepy Hollow Season Two Discussion Thread

For all general Sci-fi and Fantasy discussions, be it books, TV or movies

Moderator: PhoenixHope

RJDiogenes

Re: Sleepy Hollow Season Two Discussion Thread

#51 Post by RJDiogenes » November 10th, 2014, 11:48 pm

Heh. I wonder if it's Bo. :D
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Sleepy Hollow 2x08 "Heartless"

#52 Post by PhoenixHope » November 11th, 2014, 8:47 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:Heh. I wonder if it's Bo. :D

Close but no cigar. Seriously, while the hair and other things was close it really couldn't be confused with Bo at all, since Bo is loveable and this chick just needed killing.

So anyway I did as I said I was going to and got caught up on everything thanks to the internet saying no to me yesterday.

However, as per usual, when I watch a whole bunch of stuff all at once (and I was behind on just about all my shows last week) I'm not real good at then reviewing the episodes.

Still I was wrong - I honestly thought they was about to kill Kat, and then they didn't. They saved her from birthing the evil one, but somehow the evil one was still born, and due to a SNAFU/FUBAR when Kat goes back to play spy and kill the evil one, because of the trinket that allows her to see the headless horseman's head she also see's the evil one as a totes normal baby and she looked happy enough that I think we're headed for an even bigger SNAFU/FUBAR now.

Oh and pirate man is apparently crushing on Abs now - I don't really see that ending well. Sorry, it's a cute idea, but Abs is all law and order and pirate man is very much on the other side of that, so...

Still again two pretty good episodes in a row was nice.
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

#53 Post by RJDiogenes » November 11th, 2014, 11:38 pm

Well, opposites attract. :lol: She seemed to be softening up to him, too. I don't hate the pirate guy as much as most people seem to, but I don't want him and Abby to hook up.

I don't think Kat going back to spy on the bad guys was such a great idea (writing-wise). The Headless Horseman really is a dope to keep falling for that.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Sleepy Hollow 2x09 "Mama"

#54 Post by PhoenixHope » November 17th, 2014, 12:47 am

Sleepy Hollow 2x09 "Mama"

Episode Description
(From zap2it)

Abbie and Ichabod discover a surprising spirit is involved in deaths at Tarrytown Psych.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

#55 Post by RJDiogenes » November 17th, 2014, 11:48 pm

Uh oh. Not Abby's mother, I hope.

I wonder if Captain Irving will finally get sprung.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Sleepy Hollow 2x09 "Mama"

#56 Post by PhoenixHope » November 20th, 2014, 9:18 pm

Sleepy Hollow 2x09 Mama

Okay, so mama Abs channels her inner John Winchester if John Winchester had been actively driven crazy by the yellow eyed demon - seriously even half out of her mind with demons/ghosts convincing her she needs to kill herself she's still trying to save her babies. And, of course, that's why her ghost is back trying to save people from the ghost that pretty much killed her, and warn/help her babies.

And Ichy seems more sick than sleepy here, and I can relate because I feel like crap today - so much so that if I hadn't gotten a flu shot I'd think I had the beginnings of the flu. But he seems better after not-Jack Sparrow drugs him with sleepy time pills - I wonder if I will feel better after a good nights sleep myself.

Anyway, while I don't think Abs and Hawley would make a good long term pairing I think I'd be okay with them taking a really long weekend. Here's the keys - go have fun you crazy kids.

Oh and Henry is insidious in getting Kat to bond with her demon son. Though Henry doesn't seem entirely pleased with that outcome. This may be the opening Kat truly believed was there with her first born.

Then Abs sees mama and disappears...

And after that everybody starts getting clues - Mama Abs gives Jenny a clue and Abs figures it out. Then Kat gets her own clue that the orphan baby might be a demon baby.

But mostly this episode kinda felt like mostly filler. I mean it wasn't a bad episode (really quite touching, I suppose), but watching it right on the heels of the super awesome episode of The Originals it just felt lacking. But I'm betting had I watched this episode on its own it wouldn't have seemed lacking.

And, okay, the last twenty minutes of the episode were fairly well awesome.

Finally, Irving's out of the nuthouse but still lacking a soul, and Kat's demon baby is now around ten years old and apparently very hungry (wonder if mother's milk is red today) as the episode ends.

RJDiogenes

#57 Post by RJDiogenes » November 21st, 2014, 12:22 am

Well, I was really disappointed with them using the baby-grows-up-overnight trope, but other than that I liked it. Nice family drama and closure for the Mills sisters.

Hawley is now apparently a complete good guy under Abbie's influence. Which is odd, because she makes me want to be bad. :lol:

It's nice to see Captain Irving finally free, but not so nice that he's a fugitive. This will not go down well when Sheriff Reyes finds out, and she will. Plus the fact that Henry owns Irving's soul, so he's probably going to be a liability.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Sleepy Hollow 2x10 "Magnus Opus"

#58 Post by PhoenixHope » November 23rd, 2014, 11:09 pm

Sleepy Hollow 2x10 "Magnus Opus"

Episode Description
(From zap2it)

Abbie and Ichabod seek out the sword of Methuselah to kill Moloch before the Horseman can stop them.

So basically they gotta see an OLD man about a sword.

RJDiogenes

#59 Post by RJDiogenes » November 24th, 2014, 11:44 pm

That sounds like a Supernatural plot. :lol:

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Sleepy Hollow 2x10 "Magnus Opus"

#60 Post by PhoenixHope » November 25th, 2014, 7:11 pm

Well, I haven't watched the episode yet and according to some reports I may not be able to. From what I've heard there may have only been nine minutes of the episode aired. Still I'll try and watch tonight and hopefully maybe my FOX didn't cut in as much as others did.

RJDiogenes

#61 Post by RJDiogenes » November 25th, 2014, 11:48 pm

I don't know, because I didn't watch it live, but on On Demand. There was quite an interesting monster, which raises a few questions in my mind. There was also quite a confrontation between Headless and Ichabod, and a nice finale between Abby and Ichabod. Next week is the mid-season finale.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#62 Post by PhoenixHope » November 28th, 2014, 8:12 pm

Well, thankfully my FOX didn't cut in for a half hour like my CBS did - my FOX only cut in for a couple minutes, so I only missed a bit at the end of the episode.

Sleepy Hollow 2x10 Magnus Opus

Alas, I remember less about this episode than I did The Originals - they go for the sword and it's a job of work made somewhat easier of all things by the intervention of the headless horseman.

There was some stuff with Henry and Kat that I don't really remember at all, except that Henry seems to be onto her ruse.

Oh and because of a roadblock Jenny and the Captain split up to meet again later so he can continue his trip to Canada. To the surprise of no one, except maybe Jenny, the Captain decides not to continue his journey to Canada and pulls a runner.

So, anyway for me the episode ends with Iccy pulling the sword out.

Still it wasn't a bad episode it's just that with so much time passing and having watched other things between then and now the fine details of this episode for some reason just didn't stick with me as much as the fine details of The Originals episode did.

RJDiogenes

#63 Post by RJDiogenes » November 28th, 2014, 10:38 pm

It left me with all kinds of questions about the vault and the Gorgon. Probably the Freemasons built the vault, but where did they find a Gorgon and convince it to guard the vault for centuries? Is it under a spell? Assigned by a higher power? Being paid really well? What does it do down there for decades at a time while it waits to stone somebody? Does it need to eat? Who replaces the bricks after it stones somebody? Does it have to climb up and re-entomb itself? And who created all the illusions and spells to protect the sword itself? It was all pretty elaborate.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#64 Post by PhoenixHope » November 30th, 2014, 8:30 pm

I think...

Well, I think you're a writer, because that's some serious overthink you've got going on there.

And I think perhaps magic is probably expected to be the answer to most of those questions anyway, because I doubt all this was a big thing that'll be revisited again, so yeah I think you're probably asking questions the writers didn't/don't care about.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Sleepy Hollow 2x11 "The Akeda"

#65 Post by PhoenixHope » November 30th, 2014, 9:00 pm

Sleepy Hollow 2x11 "The Akeda"

Episode Description
(From zap2it)

Unexpected sacrifices must be made; the fight against evil puts loyalties to the test.

RJDiogenes

#66 Post by RJDiogenes » November 30th, 2014, 10:30 pm

PhoenixHope wrote:I think...

Well, I think you're a writer, because that's some serious overthink you've got going on there.

And I think perhaps magic is probably expected to be the answer to most of those questions anyway, because I doubt all this was a big thing that'll be revisited again, so yeah I think you're probably asking questions the writers didn't/don't care about.

Yeah, and this is why I write so slowly, because I have to know all these details in my head before I can put anything down on paper. :lol:

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Sleepy Hollow 2x11 "The Akeda"

#67 Post by PhoenixHope » December 2nd, 2014, 7:29 pm

Sleepy Hollow 2x11 The Akeda

OH HELL NO! BRING HIM BACK - BRING HIM BACK NOW!

But okay aside from that one little SNAFU/FUBAR the episode was pretty damn good, though the surprise twist of Henry stabbing his Master wasn't as much of a surprise as the episode may have wanted it to be. I mean don't get me wrong I didn't hate it, but I could see it coming from the moment they started talking about Abraham and Issac, but it was also strongly hinted by the dumbass himself saying Henry and the headless horseman was basically canon fodder and that he cared not at all about either of them.

I mean that's kind of a rookie mistake for a villain to make. It would work with a newbie villain, but this one is supposed to be old as dirt so you'd think he'd have sense enough to keep his real feelings to himself until after the mission was completed, or at the very least have better sense than to ask Henry to start the killing with his own parents, who basically he just wanted to make suffer as he had suffered and not actually kill them.

So, yeah there was some less than awesome things in this episode, but taken in the overall it was a pretty good mid-season finale I suppose (BAH! Calling episode eleven a mid-season finale when the show only has sixteen (I think, though it could be eighteen) episodes seems weird somehow). Though I really do dislike stupid villains and that other thing which I'm certain the show is going to reverse post-haste and if not then my wrath shall be terrible!

RJDiogenes

#68 Post by RJDiogenes » December 3rd, 2014, 12:30 am

I agree. What a waste to keep Irving in stir for most of the season and then kill him off. He did get to be really cool with the sword and kill the Horseman, at least, but come on. And what about the premonition of him fighting in the Apocalypse? That needs to come true.

Henry is a mess. He came to saw Moloch as a surrogate father, so now he's been betrayed again. I don't think his change of heart will make him any fonder of his real parents.

Otherwise, lots of cool stuff with Abby and Ichabod, as always. And it looks like Ichabod and Katrina are on the rocks, which is fine with me. And the whole episode had a nice unearthly quality to it, as Purgatory began to merge with our world. I loved the Revolutionary War-style fighting with the undead.

But where does it go from here? Does Moloch survive, or does Henry become the Big Bad?

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Sleepy Hollow 2x12 "? - ?"

#69 Post by PhoenixHope » January 6th, 2015, 9:18 pm

Okay, so apparently Sleepy Hollow aired a new episode last night and I did not know that until I saw a fresh episode recorded on my DVR.

Anyway, as of right now haven't had time to check it out, but sometime later today (though more likely tomorrow) I'll get the episode title and description and also maybe hopefully watch the episode.

RJDiogenes

#70 Post by RJDiogenes » January 6th, 2015, 11:03 pm

I noticed it at the last second. It was an interesting episode. :D

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Sleepy Hollow 2x12 "? - ?"

#71 Post by PhoenixHope » January 11th, 2015, 12:09 am

Okay, so I still haven't watched the episode - with work and job hunting in the early week I didn't have loads of time and then the artic decided to come visit and I wasn't going anywhere if I didn't have too. Perfect time to watch, but by that time CBS had yanked itself off of DISH and since for my area FOX airs on a CBS channel it's gone too.

Yes, I can still watch the episode on my DVR, but wasn't sure I wanted too since who the hell knows when CBS (and FOX) will come back? And I'm not sure I want to start watching only to maybe get into the story again and then not be able to watch anymore. So I've spent the last few nights watching "bad" SyFy movies. They aren't really bad and are generally nicely bloody and distracting and sometimes even funny - I watched a killer Nessie movie last night for example that was a nice diversion.

Anyway, I did notice that Sleepy Hollow won't air a new episode this Monday anyway, which means I might go ahead and watch in the next few days because that does give CBS and DISH time to work out their issues. But honestly right now I'm kinda in the mood for another of those SyFy movies and what do you know I have one or two recorded on my DVR so if SyFy isn't SyFy'ing it tonight I'll probably still SyFy it.

RJDiogenes

#72 Post by RJDiogenes » January 11th, 2015, 10:19 pm

I love those "bad" Sciffy movies. :D I hope you get your Fox back, though.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#73 Post by PhoenixHope » January 14th, 2015, 8:10 pm

Well as of right now the dispute is still ongoing, so I guess I won't be watching Criminal Minds tonight.

Also as of right now I still haven't watched the Sleepy Hollow episode on my DVR either.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Sleepy Hollow 2x13 "Pittura Infamante"

#74 Post by PhoenixHope » January 18th, 2015, 1:10 am

Okay since my job hates me and has me working the long and kinda late shift tomorrow (I ain't quitting, but now I'm starting to consider things I could do to get fired, because this shit is just really starting to suck ass) I know I won't be coming online after work tomorrow and depending on how late I sleep I might not get on before work either so I thought I'd go ahead and post the descriptions for Monday's shows today instead of waiting until Monday.

Sleepy Hollow 2x13 "Pittura Infamante"

Episode Description
(From zap2it)

An art restorer dies mysteriously; a visitor at the police precinct shocks Abbie.

PS - No, I still haven't watched the previous episode - I'll probably get to it tonight (along with Friday night's Grimm) not to catch up before the new episode because I still have no FOX so unless it comes back in the next 48 hours I won't have access to see the new episode - I just want to watch at least three/four hours of stuff tonight since I work the afternoon/night shift tomorrow and don't need to get up early early it would be a nice time to clean up/clear off my DVR a bit.

RJDiogenes

#75 Post by RJDiogenes » January 18th, 2015, 10:12 pm

I wonder if Reyes will make an appearance. They seem to have forgotten about her.