Moderator: PhoenixHope

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The Originals 2x20 "City Beneath the Sea"

#101 Post by PhoenixHope » April 26th, 2015, 7:32 pm

The Originals 2x20 "City Beneath the Sea"

Episode Description
(From zap2it)
Elijah and Freya have differing opinions on how to handle Dahlia's deadline.
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: The Originals 2x20 "City Beneath the Sea"

#102 Post by PhoenixHope » April 30th, 2015, 12:17 am

Crap! I watched this episode and it was actually a good one, but now it was several nights ago and I'm not sure (without watching again) that I could do justice to it in a review.

The main points, are Team Baby decides to come up with a decoy for Hope to draw Flower Aunt into a trap - the need Hope's blood for this, and so Elijah after getting Hope's blood injects it into Freya after Freya swears what she's planning won't be dangerous to baby. Elijah's all "I hope you're right, because..." and he injects the blood in her.

Hayley chooses the wolves (after Jack basically forces her - saying that while he loves Hayley after all this is over he can't go back to living and being under Klaus's thumb), which means she's gonna keep Hope and run. This is not gonna end well, because Flower Aunt has invited Klaus, who was daggered last episode, into her head, because she thinks the main mistake she made with Freya was in keeping her away from any and all other family, so she wants to invite Klaus along with her and her soon to be kidnapped baby.

Klaus hedges his bets, but when he wakes up apparently with the help of Flower Aunt, because it's been established that when an original is daggered they don't wake up until dagger is removed - anyway he spies on his siblings and learns that not only are they not planning to wake him up they aren't planning to stop Hayley from running with baby. So I think Klaus is now on Flower Aunts side. And it doesn't seem like Flower Aunt is fooled by the blood decoy, because she uses magic to cause a storm over the wolves to keep them from getting very far in their epic quest to run from Klaus.

Oh and earlier in the episode Vincent (who used to host Finn) just wants out - he doesn't want to be a witch or nothing no more, but the witches want him to take the place of the Grundwald - so he offers this position to Davina, who isn't tempted until Vincent reveals that if she wants to bring Kol back it's gonna take the kind of power being offered to her here to do it.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

Re: The Originals Season Two Episode Discussion Thread

#103 Post by RJDiogenes » April 30th, 2015, 10:35 pm

Vincent sounds sane. He's likely doomed.
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: The Originals 2x20 "City Beneath the Sea"

#104 Post by PhoenixHope » May 1st, 2015, 12:08 am

He is most definitely sane - it's even more stark when watching the episode than just talking about it.

So, yeah, probably doomed.

RJDiogenes

#105 Post by RJDiogenes » May 1st, 2015, 11:50 pm

I find myself liking him without ever having seen it. :D

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The Originals 2x21 "Fire With Fire"

#106 Post by PhoenixHope » May 3rd, 2015, 6:35 pm

The Originals 2x21 "Fire With Fire"

Episode Description
(From zap2it)
Aware he's been betrayed by his siblings, Klaus and an unlikely ally set out to get revenge.

RJDiogenes

#107 Post by RJDiogenes » May 3rd, 2015, 9:15 pm

"Aware that he's been betrayed by his siblings." Pretty sharp. That's been going on for thousands of years. :lol:

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: The Originals 2x21 "Fire With Fire"

#108 Post by PhoenixHope » May 3rd, 2015, 9:55 pm

Honestly, at this point, I'm just wondering how many clothes Elijah is gonna have to remove to fix this.

Truly I'm hoping for all of them.

I just love that description because it doesn't reveal anything that didn't happen in the previous episode. Therefore it doesn't really tell one anything about what might happen in the coming one.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#109 Post by PhoenixHope » May 5th, 2015, 9:04 pm

Well, kiddies the big twist in this episode is one that should've been seen coming from miles away.

Klaus isn't really siding with Flower Aunt. I mean, granted up til that reveal the episode makes a damn good show of making you think Klaus has turned on his siblings. But since that would kinda end the show... Well, that's why you shoulda seen that twist coming.

I suppose there was a couple scares, or well one if you love Cami that is. There's this moment where Klaus goes all Angel and attacks Cami drinking her blood, but what you don't see at that time is Klaus telling (mind to mind) Cami how to revive Elijah once she wakes up.

You see, awhile back there was this knife that could not just put an original down, but would torture them while they was down. That knife is what Klaus stabbed Elijah with.

But before that the Elijah/Freya plan seems like it might work. Bekka is upstairs casting the spell to draw Flower Aunt into the trap. But thanks to Klaus Marcel finds himself mind-whammied and stops Bekka's casting (kidnapping her too) and suddenly Flower Aunt walks into the trap and is all BAH HA HA "you really thought your blood would work," because remember the weapon to kill FA had to have the blood of someone she loved and Freya thought that was her - it wasn't. I suspect it would be from the one Freya killed - mommy original aka Flower Aunts sister.

Anyway, after that ass whipping but before going off to find Hope Klaus compels Marcel to keep Bekka in a room and that if she tries to escape to kill her.

This seems harsh, but Bekka works out what I (and apparently Klaus) had worked out awhile back - if Bekka's current body is killed she'll simply return to her original body - otherwise why would mommy original want to destroy her kids bodies after moving them to a new one. Granted this isn't exactly the outcome Bekka wants, because Bekka kinda wanted to live a human life with a shot at having kids and all that.

The only reason I'm not thrilled with this is because the actress currently playing Bekka is doing a damn good job and if the original Bekka doesn't want to come back then this show could end up without a Bekka again.

Anyway, Bekka realizes that Marcel really does care about her so she stabs herself rather than forcing Marcel to do it.
(Oh and yes Bekka's new body was bonded to the kids, but with help from Vincent they broke that link earlier in the episode, because Bekka stabbing herself happens near the end.)

Oh and after breaking Bekka's link Vincent and Davina go to present themselves to the witches. Vincent is trying to convince them that Davina is the witch for them. There's some resistance until Davina says "fuck this and fuck you all and your mother twice..." and then goes on to point out all the reasons they need her in this position. They eventually accept and Davina is pronounced Queen of the witches, though they're calling it something else that I can't at the moment remember so I'm going with Queen. So it would appear Vincent is about to achieve his dream of being free.

So anyway before the end of the episode Klaus catches up to the wolves and starts a beat down, but not before Hayley tells Jack that she does love him and also after trying to get the other wolves to stop following them, because while she's grateful they have protected her and her baby she doesn't want to endanger them anymore. They ain't having none of that and so all is as it was - wolves running vampire chasing.

So just after Hayley sends Hope off with the oldest wolf and goes back to help her pack it almost seems Hayley is going to make the difference in this fight, but they've forgotten (or to be fair maybe they didn't know) about the witch currently in Klaus's back pocket. And honestly I don't know how much of the following is a bluff on Klaus's part or genuine rage at Hayley, because Klaus has Flower Aunt recreating the curse the wolves was under when this show started - trapping them in their wolf forms outside the full moon. In other words between moons they will now be wolves and only able to be human during the full moon.

Oh and the spell also affects those not standing with the pack, because the oldest wolf has to stop the car and fall out to transform. So Klaus and Flower Aunt find baby Hope just sitting in the car chilling. Now's when the first actual hint Klaus hasn't actually joined Flower Aunt comes into play - Klaus won't let Flower Aunt bond with baby until she breaks the one year awake hundred (or more - can't remember) years asleep spell. And offers to allow Flower Aunt to use him to break the spell and then will allow her to bond with his baby. Flower Aunt seems to be considering this.

Then Cami wakes up and there's a Klaus voice-over back when Klaus was sucking the blood out of her neck with Klaus telling Cami she must do as he says, which leads her to waking Elijah and then telling Elijah to chill so she can tell him Klaus's real plan.

Next week it looks like all hells gonna break lose.
(Oh and perhaps telling, perhaps not, but Bekka is not seen during the promos for the season finale. Leaving you to wonder if Marcel kept Bekka's new body from dying by vamping it or if Bekka's new body died and she's now back in her original body.)

Oh and Klaus has a moment during the episode where he realizes being daggered is rather unpleasant so perhaps he can now better understand why his siblings kept getting miffed over the whole Klaus daggering them again and again over the years thing.

RJDiogenes

#110 Post by RJDiogenes » May 5th, 2015, 10:31 pm

Aw, Klaus is developing sensitivity. :lol:

So the Werewolves are back to being anti-Werewolves again? Do they still retain their human minds while in their wolf forms or do they just think like wolves?

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#111 Post by PhoenixHope » May 5th, 2015, 11:56 pm

Don't know and pretty much don't care. But I don't think the show ever specified - though I expect they keep some of their human mind but it's probably a bit overshadowed by the wolf.

(Oh and I forgot to mention, but Klaus did kill a female vampire in this episode that Elijah was growing fond of. But Klaus killing someone (vampire or otherwise) is pretty much not news, which was why it was so easy in the previous episodes for everyone to believe he'd killed our poor dead gay werewolf. Now that was news - Klaus didn't kill someone!)

PS - Looks like I must have blinked or something, because original body Bekka is in the promos for the finale.

PPS - During my research I've heard whisperings that original body Kol is also gonna be back for the finale.

DON'T LEAVE ME AGAIN BEKKA!

RJDiogenes

#112 Post by RJDiogenes » May 6th, 2015, 10:39 pm

Shocker. I wonder what that was about. Maybe she was making a movie or something.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The Originals 2x22 "Ashes to Ashes"

#113 Post by PhoenixHope » May 10th, 2015, 7:23 pm

The Originals 2x22 "Ashes to Ashes" (Season Finale)

Episode Description
(From zap2it)
Cami reveals information that causes Elijah and Rebekah rethink their plans.
Dust to dust...
(Sorry really couldn't help myself.)

RJDiogenes

#114 Post by RJDiogenes » May 10th, 2015, 10:20 pm

I was thinking Bowie.... :lol:

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: The Originals 2x22 "Ashes to Ashes"

#115 Post by PhoenixHope » May 12th, 2015, 5:06 pm

I don't have lots of time right now, but as expected Klaus won, but not with major cost. Slightly less expected is that in winning (he did dole out some revenge during his whole quest to kill Flower Aunt) the only person really remotely left on his side is weirdly enough Freya. And Marcel and especially Davina now fall firmly as enemies to Klaus, which Davina always kinda was, but now she kinda hates the whole original family aside from Kol, who I really think she'll also come to hate once she finds another way to return him to his body, because Kol is an original though not a favored one like Elijah and Bekka.

Sure Elijah returned after speaking to the briefly human Hayley who begged him not to leave Hope alone with Klaus because she didn't want Klaus to be the only being Hope knew. But it would seem Klaus finally pushed Elijah (that's right, ELIJAH) too far and so while Elijah is apparently going to hang around he's no longer gonna be Team Klaus.

In another note, because Bekka (thanks to Freya) returns to the witch body she'd previously killed to keep Marcel from having to do it and honestly that doesn't disappoint me as much as one might expect, because at least this way we'll still have Bekka around even if it's not original body Bekka.
(And it seems Claire Holt is willing to do the show just not full time - so she could return for flashbacks and stuff.)

GAH! I clearly have lots to say about this episode right now, but not much time to say it and knowing me by the time I work and return home I won't be as interested (needing to) talk about it.

RJDiogenes

#116 Post by RJDiogenes » May 12th, 2015, 11:21 pm

So the original Bekka in the previews was just a fake out? Too bad. :(

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#117 Post by PhoenixHope » May 12th, 2015, 11:39 pm

Well, I right - after working I just don't feel like talking about it. Of course that could have more to do with the killer headache I had over the weekend making a return this evening.

The only real weird moment I suppose was... Well, I mentioned I thought the blood needed would be Ester's (original mommy) and I was right, so the originals had to trick Davina into resurrecting mommy instead of Kol, which is why she's so pissed off. She might not have been, but Bekka distracted her so Elijah could switch the ashes so now she's kinda on a warpath against the originals.

But that wasn't the moment - it was the moment where Flower Aunt had turned the final kill original stake (that Freya found when they was looking for Kol's ashes - she was going to use this to kill Klaus while Klaus was still linked to Flower Aunt, but couldn't bring herself to do it and so Flower Aunt made off with it) into tiny little airborne pieces which was putting Bekka, Elijah, and Klaus on their ass. Mommy steps in to save them, which is weird cause she spent all that time trying to get them out of their original bodies and kill them but now all of a sudden because the plot demanded it she steps up and saves them, or at least distracts Flower Aunt so they can save themselves.

RJDiogenes

#118 Post by RJDiogenes » May 13th, 2015, 11:00 pm

One must obey the will of Almighty Plot. :death:

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#119 Post by PhoenixHope » May 15th, 2015, 6:41 pm

Yes, I know, but I hate it when shows/books can't hide the fact that something is happening simply because the plot demands it. In fact this whole thing might've worked better had they not offed mommy original several episodes ago and instead gave her some observing and thinking stuff then perhaps that whole thing wouldn't have felt so wrong.

RJDiogenes

#120 Post by RJDiogenes » May 15th, 2015, 11:24 pm

I agree completely. I was being sarcastic. I almost stopped watching SHIELD when they did that whole HYDRA uprising thing, because they had to make everyone act out of character to do it.