The Originals Season Two Episode Discussion Thread

For all general Sci-fi and Fantasy discussions, be it books, TV or movies

Moderator: PhoenixHope

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The Originals 2x05 "Red Door"

#26 Post by PhoenixHope » November 3rd, 2014, 9:41 pm

Note: I am not late - I was lazy. Okay, not lazy just bone tired yesterday. They did it again - I worked eight hours Saturday night and then had to open before the crack of dawn on Sunday (and continue on after opening for seven hours). So, yeah, I was tired.

The Originals 2x05 "Red Door"

Episode Description
(From zap2it)
Esther tries to prove to Elijah that her plan is best; Hayley realizes Klaus is in trouble.
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

Re: The Originals Season Two Episode Discussion Thread

#27 Post by RJDiogenes » November 3rd, 2014, 11:04 pm

I hate it when dawn cracks. I prefer it to slip in on cat's feet.
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The Originals 2x06 "Wheel Inside the Wheel"

#28 Post by PhoenixHope » November 10th, 2014, 2:27 am

Well, I still haven't watched the previous episode so I've decided to watch Haven, ZNation, and possibly Grimm (depending on how tired I really am) tonight and then just watch two The Originals tomorrow night.

The Originals 2x06 "Wheel Inside the Wheel"

Episode Description
(From zap2it)
When Klaus demands that Esther release Elijah, she reveals secrets from Klaus' past.
So, Elijah's a mouse now?
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

#29 Post by RJDiogenes » November 10th, 2014, 11:46 pm

Don't tell me Disney owns this show, too. :lol:

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: The Originals 2x06 "Wheel Inside the Wheel"

#30 Post by PhoenixHope » November 11th, 2014, 8:36 pm

Well, I did as I said I was going to and got caught up on everything thanks to the internet saying no to me yesterday.

However, as per usual, when I watch a whole bunch of stuff all at once (and I was behind on just about all my shows last week) I'm not real good at then reviewing the episodes.

But I think these episodes was pretty good - fast paced with lots of things happening such as Ester (mommy dearest) revealing that perhaps what Elijah thinks he knows is not the truth (and leaving him rescued by Klaus but in a coma from which when he wakes up Ester expects Elijah to be on her side), and good ol' Ester brought Klaus's real daddy from the other side before the other side went "bye-bye," who Klaus doesn't believe is real at first because his mother's been twiddling with his mind a bit.
(Oh and everyone knows daddy original is back, but I sorta got the impression that mommy doesn't really believe Klaus on that one. Oh and Cami has figured out her knew advisor (college thing) is actally Finn.)

Oh and Kol agrees with me that mommy dearest is nuttier than a fruitcake, but hey he didn't want to be dead so he's gone along with her. Oh and this episode reveals the reason why mommy dearest went after Klaus's first-born, but she doesn't tell him why.
(Apparently, way back in the day mommy original was barren and wasn't a real good witch so she went to her sister for help and the price for that was the first born of every generation, which wasn't a big deal when they was all vampires and not you know impregnating or being impregnated, but then Klaus had to go and shot the bulls-eye.)

Anyway, apparently sister dearest is dead and gone, but because baby Klaus isn't dead she'll be making a return real soon. PS - mommy original still thinks the baby is dead so she thinks it's all good.

RJDiogenes

#31 Post by RJDiogenes » November 11th, 2014, 11:34 pm

So there's an Auntie Original, too? It's getting crowded. :D

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#32 Post by PhoenixHope » November 12th, 2014, 3:13 am

Yep.

Apparently, back in the day before there was originals there was Ester and her big sis, and for some reason the Ester that turned her kids into the originals wasn't that great at magic and also couldn't have children. So she went to big sis for help and big sis said she'd help, but there would be a big ass cost for the whole thing.

And this episode revealed there was another original child - a first born girl for Mikael and Ester, and after a few years (probably ten based on the how old the girl looked) big sis came to collect her. Ester and Finn was there as big sis dragged the previously unknown original sistah away, but they didn't tell Mikael this and took big sis's advice and said the girl died of the plague.

Losing that girl drove Mikael over the edge - apparently his love for this girl turned him against the rest of his children, which I'd like to mock but I can't because shit like that does happen, so... Anyway, that's why Ester cheated with the wolfman to beget Klaus, but she told Mikael the child was his and this brought Mikael back to his family at least long enough for them to form a family again and Ester to turn them into vampires. Then after the vamping Mikael learned of the cheating and Klaus killed his mother and then Mikael started hunting his other children.

Mostly though at this point I'm expecting cousins Jed and Ellie May to show up soon holding a kitchen sink.

RJDiogenes

#33 Post by RJDiogenes » November 13th, 2014, 12:37 am

I wouldn't object to Ellie May. :lol:

So a previously unknown Original sibling is going to show up too then. Or has that already happened?

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#34 Post by PhoenixHope » November 13th, 2014, 9:29 pm

Already happened and presumably she's dead, but dead is really very flexable on this show, so... Yeah, we'll probably see the oldest pre-original original at some point.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The Originals 2x07 "Chasing the Devil's Tail"

#35 Post by PhoenixHope » November 17th, 2014, 12:46 am

The Originals 2x07 "Chasing the Devil's Tail"

Episode Description
(From zap2it)
Klaus discovers that Elijah is afflicted by Esther's magic; a plan is launched to take down Vincent.
So, when is Elijah gonna remove his shirt to save his family again? Because really that was the best part of last season.

RJDiogenes

#36 Post by RJDiogenes » November 17th, 2014, 11:47 pm

I'm surprised it doesn't happen every episode. The CW has a reputation to maintain. 8)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: The Originals 2x07 "Chasing the Devil's Tail"

#37 Post by PhoenixHope » November 20th, 2014, 9:11 pm

The Originals 2x07 Chasing the Devil's Tail

Really words cannot do this episode justice.

So, Daddy Klaus offers to help Klaus find the magic whatever to wake Elijah from the coma, but the twist is that Daddy Klaus knows about Hope, so Klaus can't take a chance (though Daddy Klaus was probably trustworthy since he knew but it would seem Ester still doesn't) and killed him.

Davina is falling for Kol, which may or may not be all by herself. And Kol says he doesn't give a damn about mommy's plans he just wants to stake Klaus and put him in a box, but not kill him, which requires him to make a magic stake like the dagger but that'll work on Klaus. I think he might've been telling the truth.

During all that Hayley and the wolf pack decide to do their own thing and Cami agrees to play bait - Hayley really does not like momma Klaus and decides to hit her where it hurts momma kids. They lay a trap for Vincent (aka Finn) while Marcel goes looking for Davina.

And the episode ends with Elijah waking up, but since Klaus disrupted things he's not on momma's side, and Hayley and Marcel present their gifts. The gifts are, of course, Finn and Kol bound. Klaus looks disturbingly happy with this outcome. But just before that momma has tracked Cami down and it doesn't look good for Cami.

I suppose the closest words I have are AWESOME SAUCE!

RJDiogenes

#38 Post by RJDiogenes » November 21st, 2014, 12:15 am

That's a lot. Hayley has become rather badass, it seems. And Klaus killed his father? Is that meant to be permanent?

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#39 Post by PhoenixHope » November 21st, 2014, 5:23 pm

Given that Klaus gave his dead dads body as a present to Ester (which is what, I think lead Ester to hunting down Cami) and the way she broke down crying and all upon seeing his body I think it's meant to be permanent.

RJDiogenes

#40 Post by RJDiogenes » November 21st, 2014, 11:14 pm

That seems surprising, but I suppose I don't really know the show.

And there's a lot of weird gift-giving going on. :D

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#41 Post by PhoenixHope » November 22nd, 2014, 12:40 am

Well, tis the season and all, because aside from the corpse two men bound for my pleasure would be an awesome gifty for me, especially ones as hot as Finn (who's much hotter in this body than he was in his original one) and Kol which is equally hot in either body.

RJDiogenes

#42 Post by RJDiogenes » November 22nd, 2014, 8:05 pm

I'm easy to please. I'd settle for one bound Hayley. :D

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The Originals 2x08 "The Brothers That Care Forgot"

#43 Post by PhoenixHope » November 23rd, 2014, 11:06 pm

The Originals 2x08 "The Brothers That Care Forgot"

Episode Description
(From zap2it)
Rebekah must go on the run when she realizes Esther knows her location.
BEK-KA! BEK-KA! BEK-KA!

Seriously, though, you better not be bringing her back just to kill her off, because my wrath would be terrible.

Though if you just can't help yourself I would accept a portal opening sucking her up as long as she then lands in the Supernatural reality she can find and team up with Dean and Sam to help solve cases and out-snark Crowley for them, and also hopefully talk Dean and Sam into having hot threesome sex with her.

Hey, Jenna crossed over after all - alas she only had sex with Dean.

RJDiogenes

#44 Post by RJDiogenes » November 24th, 2014, 11:43 pm

Bringing her back? I thought she was already back?

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#45 Post by PhoenixHope » November 25th, 2014, 7:00 pm

Um, no. Don't you think I'd have mentioned her before now had she been back?

The only time this season she was "back" was when she did the previously's in the season premiere and the twist was instead of saying "previously on The Originals" she presented the whole first season as though she was telling the story to a baby (Hope). That's it. That's all she's been there for this season and that hardly counts as her being back since she was somewhere in hiding with the baby at that time.

Anyway, I haven't yet watched the episode - probably won't get to it until tonight.

RJDiogenes

#46 Post by RJDiogenes » November 25th, 2014, 11:44 pm

Hmm. I guess I dreamed it. :shock:

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: The Originals 2x08 "The Brothers That Care Forgot"

#47 Post by PhoenixHope » November 28th, 2014, 8:03 pm

The Originals 2x08 The Brothers That Care Forgot

Okay, yes, I watched this episode even managed to watch it on the night it aired, but because of holiday things I didn't have a chance to review it and so you know what that means - by this point there's not much of a review coming for it from me.

Anyway, Bekka was indeed back this time - mommy had tracked her down and may now know about baby. So while others are doing things - Klaus trying to turn one of his brothers to his side and I think we all know Kol is the most likely, because Finn was always kinda stuck in mommy's womb.

And, hell, Davina actually got the drop on Klaus and put him out for awhile, but ended up releasing him because the others (including Kol and Cami) agree that mommy is the bigger danger this time around.

Also, Cami has memory lose from when momma tracked her down, but discovers that mommy has started to turn her into a vessel but not for mommy but for Bekka.

Anyway, towards the end of the episode and the part I remember most clearly Bekka takes baby and meets Elijah in a diner, but Elijah is being all creepy mother fucker here and so Bekka uses the ruse of changing baby to discover that Elijah has killed everyone in the diner except the poor terrified waitress.

Bekka is naturally all "WTF?" but instead of confronting Elijah about all of it she gets the drop on him and them calls Klaus to tell him or ask him what the hell is wrong with Elijah. Klaus says they need to meet so Bekka is tasked with moving the baby and Elijah to the new location.

Really it was another good episode - perhaps not as good as the one that aired previously but still pretty damn good.

Oh and also apparently if Hayley and the wolf that was meant to be her husband get married all the wolves attending the wedding will gain the power Hayley has - meaning they won't need moonlight rings anymore and that would put a serious crimp in mommy dearest plans, so of course Hayley in her own Hayley way announces the wedding in a werewolf meeting surprising her husband to be who since they had talked about this before didn't think Hayley wanted to or was even remotely ready to marry him. Still he doesn't seem devastated by this turn of events.

RJDiogenes

#48 Post by RJDiogenes » November 28th, 2014, 10:34 pm

Hmm, maybe they're planning to keep Rebekka, but replace her with the Cami actress.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: The Originals 2x08 "The Brothers That Care Forgot"

#49 Post by PhoenixHope » November 30th, 2014, 8:26 pm

It's possible, I suppose. But for some reason I don't think that's where this is going.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The Originals 2x09 "The Map of Moments"

#50 Post by PhoenixHope » December 9th, 2014, 12:11 am

Okay, so, yes I'm running a trifle late on this, but at least I still got it posted before the episode airs.

The Originals 2x09 "The Map of Moments"

Episode Description
(From zap2it)
Rebekah takes action after noticing a change in Elijah's behavior; Esther forms an alliance.