iZombie Season Two Episode Discussion Thread

For all general Sci-fi and Fantasy discussions, be it books, TV or movies

Moderator: PhoenixHope

RJDiogenes

Re: iZombie Season Two Episode Discussion Thread

#76 Post by RJDiogenes » February 25th, 2016, 11:28 pm

So the killer escaped justice? :o
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: iZombie 02x14 "Eternal Sunshine of the Caffeinated Mind"

#77 Post by PhoenixHope » February 26th, 2016, 1:25 am

Yes, which I must say I liked because that's just so damn unusual for shows like this. Though I guess you could say the killer didn't escape justice, because the boyfriend was the one who dropped the air conditioner so it was just the mastermind who got away because boyfriend took full responsibility.
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

#78 Post by RJDiogenes » February 26th, 2016, 10:54 pm

Yeah, that's unusual, all right. Unless they plan to pick it up again later.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

iZombie 02x15 "He Blinded Me ... With Science"

#79 Post by PhoenixHope » March 22nd, 2016, 12:37 am

iZombie 02x15 "He Blinded Me ... With Science"

Episode Description
(From my DISHGuide]
A research scientist is murdered; Ravi gets a visit from Blaine.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: iZombie 02x15 "He Blinded Me ... With Science"

#80 Post by PhoenixHope » March 24th, 2016, 12:19 am

iZombie 02x15 He Blinded Me ... With Science

Okay, I watched iZombie last night and it was a good episode, but then I had to work between watching the episode and reviewing it so I'm just gonna hit the highlights.

Blaine reveals himself to Ravi as a zombie again by entering the morgue asking for BRAAAAAINS. But he's still himself, though he could still end up all BRAAAAINS because new new Hope (the test rat and the new test rat and the even newer test rat) always dies shortly after reverting to zombie. So Ravi whips up a speedy cure, but warns that it might not be any better than the previous ones.

Major reveals to evil dick that he slept with his daughter, though he didn't know it was his daughter at the time. Daddy is hyped up on Super Max and seems more insane over evil genius. Major lives, but later daddy hypes up a zombie on Super Max and oops the zombie escapes and bites a doctor and so daddy runs and leaves his daughter in the basement with the zombie. She escapes (but we don't know if she's infected or not) and so daddy won't even let her in his locked down office.

Liv eats science brain and decides to slip a cell phone under his seat and track his movements, which leads her to seeing him with a bad crowd, but logic dictates that she allow him to explain, but as she's waiting for him to show up Major grabs his zombie of the week and it's Liv's new squeeze.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

iZombie 02x16 "Pour Some Sugar, Zombie"

#81 Post by PhoenixHope » March 29th, 2016, 12:44 am

iZombie 02x16 "Pour Some Sugar, Zombie"

Episode Discription
(From my DISHGuide]
Liv ingests some useful information about a recently murdered stripper; Blaine isn't himself; Peyton is moving back in with Liv.

RJDiogenes

#82 Post by RJDiogenes » March 29th, 2016, 10:28 pm

I saw the commercial for this. :lol:

I wonder if they'll play "Sugar, Sugar" by the Archies.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: iZombie 02x16 "Pour Some Sugar, Zombie"

#83 Post by PhoenixHope » March 30th, 2016, 1:13 am

Yeah, honestly this one looks like it's gonna be a fun episode - I can't wait.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: iZombie 02x16 "Pour Some Sugar, Zombie"

#84 Post by PhoenixHope » March 31st, 2016, 1:14 am

iZombie 02x16 Pour Some Sugar, Zombie

And as the episode opens Blaine appears dead, but he's just sleeping. Then we move to Liv's apartment where we see daughter dearest has indeed become a zombie she apparently can't find zombie food so she broke into Liv's. Some guy knocks her out and kidnaps her leaving her purse behind - I suspect daddy dearest, but how did he know she'd go to Liv's?

But we move away from there, because Peyton is moving back in, though she does suggest changing the locks. At this point the episode slows down momentarily so Liv, Peyton, Major, and Ravi can "friends" it. At least until some chick calls Peyton all pissed off wanting to rat on someone, which makes Peyton happy at least until chickie is taken out in a crowbar drive-by.

And so we have our case of the week with dead stripper. YAY! Or you know *sadness* because there's one less stripper in the world. Still the case seems pretty open and shut, and so Liv's about to pass, which makes me sad, then fall in love with Peyton because she wants to know what the stripper knew and convinces Liv to eat stripper brains, which makes me love Peyton, though she clearly doesn't understand how this works yet. She wants instant info and it doesn't work that way at all.

FINALLY we land at a strip joint.

Liv runs off a stripper to turn some cash and then some guy wants a lap dance from Peyton. HeHe!

Seriously, I love love me for my hot body Liv. HeHe Peyton who is still herself is not as happy getting a lap dance from her BFF, but anything to solve the case.

Meanwhile of less importance (over stripper Liv) Major and Ravi have a bit of an issue the latter is probably more important for the overall show story arc, but stripper Liv, so finally it's back to Liv and Peyton.

Anyway, because we have to get back to the issues, Liv ends up having a vision, and then bonds with an actual stripper. And then we run into our favorite newsman.

THIS EPISODE IS AWESOME! And we aren't even half-way through it yet. Alas, it does kinda back off on stripper Liv at this point. Because I suppose the show has to get to imortant case stuff and less fun stuff, but whateves.

Of note is Ravi finds a pic of Minor, though Major is all DENY DENY DENY! However, Ravi doesn't let it drop he asks the FBI lady about the dog, and she claims victims brother took the dog in, so I'm kinda confused now.
(FBI lady tries to get Ravi to identify Major with Blaine in a fuzzy pic through a window, and at the time I wasn't sure if Ravi was just pretending he didn't know or not - later we realize he was pretending.)

Catty strippers being catty, which makes questioning them "fun" for Clive. Also, the stripper translator for the witness who doesn't speak English might not have been translating accurately, but who knows. Okay, not really she's just sleeping with the suspect and then is more upset about her granny finding out she's a stripper than the fact that she could be charged with murder.

And it would seem Drake (Liv's new BF) is officially missing. A cop comes asking Liv about him, but he doesn't reveal himself as a cop.

Oh and Blaine is human again, but somehow his memory got shot to hell in the process. So he knows nothing and freaks out about the comment about him being human again.

Anyway, if anyone cares some stripper stole the newsmans (Johnny Flash) identity and that's how they track down the stripper killer. Well, except it would seem someone stole the car. So the stripper is the only one with no alibi, and she sinks herself, kinda. So done! Seriously, she wasn't killed by the one she was gonna testify against, but the dudes girlfriend who didn't want her own boyfriend to pay.

Meanwhile, Ravi tries to hack into Major's computer, because apparently Ravi is really deep into suspecting Major now, which granted Major has acted really suspicious, but I'm not sure Ravi would be that suspecting of a friend. Either way, Ravi cracks a safe and finds the tools of Majors trade. But seriously I understand about the dog and the photo, but Ravi interacts with Blaine as well, and the FBI lady explained the dog away, so I'm at a lose really on how Ravi got all into over-drive about this.

Oh and by the end of the episode Blaine's minions start plotting against him. One of them who was human gets the zombie minion to turn him (I think). Also, Liv goes to Drake's mom, who's already grieving, because she thinks Mr. Boss has killed her son. And that's how Liv learns her BF was an undercover cop.

At the actual end Ravi confronts Major, and oops before Major can explain that he's not actually a killer of humans or zombies Major goes full on zombie and Ravi knocks him out with Major's own drugs. Though Ravi didn't see Major go full on zombie he just knocked out his friend who he thinks is a zombie killer.

RJDiogenes

#85 Post by RJDiogenes » March 31st, 2016, 10:43 pm

That does sound like a good one. :lol:

It seems like there are more and more Zombies every week. It should be weZombies. :D

PhoenixHope
Administrators

iZombie 02x17 "Reflections of the Way Liv Used to Be"

#86 Post by PhoenixHope » April 5th, 2016, 1:31 am

iZombie 02x17 "Reflections of the Way Liv Used to Be"

Episode Description
(From my DISHGuide]
Liv and Babineaux investigate the death of a highly competitive student.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: iZombie 02x17 "Reflections of the Way Liv Used to Be"

#87 Post by PhoenixHope » April 7th, 2016, 12:01 am

iZombie 02x17 Reflections of the Way Liv Used to Be

So Ravi and Major hash things out and Major confesses that he's not so much a killer as a kidnapper. But not just that he confesses the whole thing all the little dirty details of which includes the Max Rager involvement. Afterwards Ravi wants to tell Liv but as Major points out Liv is liable to over-react and then rocks fall and everybody will die, so Ravi agrees.

Liv beats the crap out of one of Mr. Boss's men and then returns to the Morgue where Ravi tells her Major is a zombie again. And Ravi's plan to keep Major okay with being a zombie is to put him on happy coffee brain of which there was a bit leftover. Leading to some kinda cute drugged up Major scenes.

Oh and somewhere in all that Blaine sees his men eating brains while he's trying to figure out why one needs a fake name to run a funeral home and instead of freaking out he just kinda backs away slowly. At this point, the show seems trying really hard to convince us that Blaine is faking his memory loss, but I have my doubts.

Anyway, while Major is on shiny happy coffee brains Ravi and Liv have a case to work, which involves a college kid and pulls our title into play. But honestly I find myself caring very little about the case of the week this time around - possibly because there's too much stupid frat-boys involved.

In more important information (or at least more interesting to me) daddy dearest indeed has his full on zombie daughter on lock-down and is torturing her with himself in ads shilling Super Max the new zombie making drink from Max Rager. You know if zombieism is one of the side effects of your energy drink perhaps it's time to scrap the whole thing and start over - taking it up a notch is like literally the last thing you should do here.

So, in the process of the case Liv confesses to Clive about her love-life, which is kinda on-topic since Liv is being really intense and this does kinda explain that without having to bring up eating the brains of murder victims. Just after that a college kid says a cop killed our vic or the week and it's a cop they'd just spoke too. Oooh! Okay not really just trying to inject some excitement here.

Anyway apparently this cop (who is (or was) adjacent to Drake) is lying about what kids have to do to get out of drug charges, of course being a jackass doesn't necessarily mean he's a killer. But yes cop is indeed a jackass. However, he is getting close to drug dealing zombies so I can feel a wee bit for him. This is somehow all related to these deals he's making with kids to wear wires to lead to drug busts and the dead girl in this case was an over-achiever - she didn't want to stop even after filling the quota.
(Though I'm not sure I trust Ass-Cop, but it could be that he just really doesn't trust Clive is why he's coming to Liv instead - mostly it just feels like he's blowing so much smoke here.)

But moving on Clive's FBI gf is right the department doesn't really treat him well and while their having a discussion about him applying to the FBI Blaine wanders in looking for the morgue and spilling the beans about his cluelessness which most seem to believe is fake but as I said I have my doubts.

Anyway, Clive now knows Ravi is treating Blaine and warns Ravi that he's dangerous, which Ravi already knows. But anyway Blaine wants to know why the hell everyone has a bad reaction to him so Ravi explains with bonus Major at the end.

Oh and Ravi knows about the boss downstairs (not to be confused with Mr. Boss) but not much, because Blaine kinda skipped over that part because he doesn't know he's actually supposed to be the boss. Major actually feels pity, which I thought was because of shiny happy brains, but was not because his idea to find out if Blaine is faking is to use the Max Rager boss (daddy dearest) as a test subject - infect him and then cure him.

*sigh* Back to the case one of the kids is involved with Blaines people for some reason - brains whatever my cat had a baby mouse wounded so I had to deal with that and may or my not have missed a wee bit here.

Anyway kid killer is the killer and jackass cop shows up cause after blowing smoke up Liv's ass she gave him some clues she didn't necessarily mean too. Whatever!

Jackass cop shows up while one of Blaine's dudes is there collecting - can we say really bad timing boys and girls? Yeah, I thought we could. Jackass cop is killed and Blaine's dude kills the kid, which I remind killed the poor girl because she was going to bust him for using his position as a CI to get rid of his rival drug dealers.
(Basically he's was a baby Blaine in the making.)

Oh, my bad, he didn't kill the cop just knocked him out. And Ass-Cop wakes up to having a penis measuring contest with Clive. That doesn't really go anywhere all that interesting unless your into that kind of thing.

Finally at the closing some chick busts Major as the dog napper to the FBI agent, but Major's busy at Max Rager all ready to drug and test on daddy dearest, except daddy dearest has apparently sold Major out because the cops show up to bust him, and with the knock-out drugs Major was carrying here I don't think it's gonna end well for Major.

"No your honor I'm not guilty - he's making zombies so we thought fair was fair we'd use him to test potential cures on." Somehow I don't see that working, and honestly seems a wee bit unethical to boot.

And next week is being billed as the two hour season finale, but I don't know if it'll be like two separate episodes or one big episode. I'm guessing two separate ones, though.

RJDiogenes

#88 Post by RJDiogenes » April 7th, 2016, 10:18 pm

Yeah, they do that a lot now, string two episodes together for the season finale-- although with Agent Carter they did it on the second-to-last week.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

iZombie 02x18/19 "Dead Beat"/"Salvation Army"

#89 Post by PhoenixHope » April 11th, 2016, 11:38 pm

1. iZombie 02x18 "Dead Beat"

Episode Description
(From my DISHGuide]
Liv and Ravi turn to an unlikely ally when they need help; Babineaux pursues a lead on an old case.
2. iZombie 02x19 "Salvation Army" (Season Finale)

Episode Description
(From my DISHGuide]
Working on a mission together, Liv, Babineaux, and Major crash Vaughn's Super Max Rager party.

RJDiogenes

#90 Post by RJDiogenes » April 12th, 2016, 10:24 pm

That's an odd number of episodes for a season. :lol:

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#91 Post by PhoenixHope » April 13th, 2016, 2:47 am

Yeah, and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend only got 18, and that's why conventional wisdom meant that iZombie and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend would be canceled - obviously, I took CW craziness into my equation, but can't fault others for not doing so, because previous to this a fall starting show that doesn't get twenty two episodes equals canceled.
(And while I can see the CW justifying an iZombie renewal despite conventional wisdom I am totally at a loss how a Crazy Ex-Girlfriend renewal can be justified, because its very low rated in first run episodes and generally can't even get it up in DVR7, so yeah despite me calling it a toss up I'm kinda at a loss with that one.)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: iZombie 02x18/19 "Dead Beat"/"Salvation Army"

#92 Post by PhoenixHope » April 14th, 2016, 12:34 am

Sadly I wasn't able to watch these episodes last night, so no review today, I should be able to get them watched tonight, though. So YAY!

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: iZombie 02x18/19 "Dead Beat"/"Salvation Army"

#93 Post by PhoenixHope » April 15th, 2016, 2:05 am

So I did get the episodes watched last night, but I hadn't been home from work today an hour and my power went out. Thankfully I'd typed my reviews last night so here they are:

iZombie 02x18 Dead Beat

Well, the first episode was all about Major being arrested and then the cops realizing they have nothing until then suddenly people start talking just as the cops are giving up and Major is about to get his brains. Well, they rearrest him before he can eat so not good. But honestly as I've never been a great big Major fan I'm just not really invested in all this.

Anyway, Ravi and Liv decide to get Major to tell him where the bodies are, because obiously if one of Major's victims is suddenly up and about then clearly there's a boo-boo. Major tells them or Ravi, but when they get there all the frezors are empty and they think (and frankly so do I) that Max Rager is behind this, because Max Rager is about to make a big deal with the government if (and only IF) the police conclude that Major's "killing" has nothing to do with Max Rager.

And good luck with that since Major was "killling" the zombies that Max Rager created.

Anyway, one of the witnesses is probably lying but the other might be the arms dealing that Major bought his weapons from - I can't remember for sure if that is the guy.

So Max Rager wants to get Major cleared of all charges, and they'll kill him after, but at least one viable witness will make that difficult.

Major in prison wants the cure, because if not it'll be bad, and Major would rather lose his memories than go full on zombie, but Liv refuses and walks away, because Liv still has hope. Whatever! If this was a traditional zombie show Major would now start eating brains and they'd all be living in zombieland already.

Alas instead Liv makes a brain filled candy bar, and Peyton has to make nice with Major's skeevy defense attorney (agreeing to a date with a two drink min.) but someone at his place eats the candy bar and so Major is stuck with a real candy bar which is not good, because Major clearly is ready to start getting brains the proper zombie way at this point.

Needless to say after this Liv seems to give up and so she stops by to see Clive. I was assuming she was going to give him some bullshit story, but no she drops the truth on him. Seriously, the whole truth and nothing but the whole truth. I mean, seriously, full on truth here, but of course he doesn't believe her so she stabs herself so she can zombie out and prove it. She held nothing back, and I like that, because while I knew Clive would find out eventually I always figured he'd just stumble into the truth and I rather like Liv coming clean with him much better.

So Liv is waiting with brains as Major gets outta jail - I assumed unofficially, but turns out no Clive apparently used the defense attorney - giving him the info about bad witnesses so Major was officially released and now chugging a brain.

And that was a twist I didn't see coming. I mean I did sorta think Liv might tell Clive the truth, but I didn't think she'd go in whole hog, and I certainly didn't think even then that Clive would work it to get Major officially released. Sadly though because Clive can't really tell his gal the truth they are over - I mean I guess he could, but without being able to prove it like Liv did she'd never believe him because unlike Liv Clive isn't a zombie he could tell her but she'd never believe him without proof, because without proof he'd never have believed Liv and he realizes this.

Back in the morgue Max Rager's man is waiting for Liv and is wheeling Liv past him as Ravi enters. Only after that does he realize there's a reason Liv hung up on him unexpectedly. So it's Ravi to save the day - he wakes Liv fights the bad guy and pretty much gets his ass kicked by the bad guy but at the last moment Ravi turns the night-night juice needle back on the bad guy. And since the bad guy was aiming to kill Ravi the injection kills the bad guy.

Ravi then has a bit of a breakdown over his breaking bad moment and I got to say it was cute. Anyway, Liv decides to eat the guys brains so she can get into Max Rager at least mentally.

The episode closes with Liv having a vision and seeing the zombies Major "killed" alive in containment in the basement of Max Rager.

iZombie 02x19 Salvation Army

Well, as you might expect the plan to break into Max Rager does not go off without a hitch. And since they missed their out window Clive actually sneaks into the party.
(Oh and to help Liv Major also eats some of the above dead guys brains.)

Meanwhile Mr. Boss's mean knock Ravi out and kidnap Peyton.

However, I think I shot my review wad on the previous episode, because really while there's lots of stuff happening and all, especially a bunch of stupid scientists gathered in a stairwell doing the tainted U that one of them found (poor Ravi what he needed for the cure was in Max Rager all along) and drinking Super Max Rager. *sigh* So as you might imagine they instantly turn upon taking a drink.

Liv and Major escape the party to go search for the basement and the hand they need to access it (the ethics of those not on the above dead guys brains kept them from being able to take his hand, so they had to score another inside Max Rager) - Clive follows them. Alas, the former head of Max Rager has also followed them.

BUT the little stand off is gate crashed by the newbie walking dead and their rather Max raging need for brains. These zombies are full on zombies so not only are they gate crashing the good guy bad guy stand off but they crash the party upstairs as well. BRAINS!

Also, I may not have mentioned, but Max Rager was keeping Major's zombie's alive because they are now also searching for a cure he claims to help his now zombie daughter but I rather think its because he doesn't want the walking dead to muck up his billion dollar deal. Either way though he'd better hurry since the Super Max zombies are more Romero zombie than iZombie.

Alas the trek to the basement is put on hold because of zombie's crashing the upstairs party. Clive wants to help the living, which one can understand, and Liv and Major would both be onboard with that were they not on the above dead guys brains, but even in spite of that the move to help Clive.

Finally, Blaine wakes Ravi up and they're off to save Peyton, while Liv, Major, and Clive are trapped in a room by raging zombies. And I think we know which part of the action I'm more into.

Anyway it is suggested that Liv and/or Major turn Clive into one of them rather than him risking being turned by the Romeros - this come up because there's more zombies than bullets and Clive wanted it noted that he was saving one for himself - I knew there was a reason I love Clive.

Honestly, I really do think this episode went overkill with the Peyton side-plot, because the whole thing at Max Rager is more than enough to fill this episode, and makes the other stuff seem like filler padding. I mean it's not bad stuff it just doesn't come off very well or interesting when you've got the beginning of the end happening with Clive, Liv, and Major. Though seeing Ravi trying to be brave was worth seeing, I guess.

Finally, it's back to Max Rager and just as Clive says thanks but no thanks to becoming a zombie they are saved by the government chick and her big ass gun (the one who's buying Max Rager and the formula). She goes to call for back-up - her version, while our heros head downstairs where they find the zombie daughter.
(She says she suspected something was up with Max Rager, but then again she bought the company in spite of that, so...)

Anyway, zombie daughter or Rite is willing to help them find the other zombies, and they do find them but it's too late they've already tried to cure Liv's boytoy which left him a Romero, which by the way this is what they are calling those zombies in this episode it is not something I made up myself.
(There's also a reference to Sleepy Hollow - Mr. Boss wants Blaine's head, because that'll make him dead because this isn't Sleepy Hollow.)

Oh and Max Rager dude separates Major and his daughter from Liv and Clive. And dick man releases the Romero's because when it comes to zombie flicks he does seem to be a guy after my own heart. Well, that and his love for 80's music. But he's actually just full on crazy pants and is pissed that his deal has probably fallen through.

So he also releases the Romero's on Major, but oops Major's a zombie so they aren't interested in him and obviously not his zombie daughter either. Dick man hadn't realized that Major was a zombie - guess his kill list wasn't completely complete.

When that fails he tries to gas them, and Major breaks the glass between them and so he then tries to run. And gets his ass trapped in an elevator with Romero's and his daughter. He's dead by zombie, Jim!

While Liv and Clive are ready to go back for Major the elevator dings and it seems Major road on top of the elevator while Rita and the Romeros ate her father and it appears she went full on Romero over the course of the elevator ride, or maybe she just wants to kill Liv and Major either way they shot her.

So now Liv and Clive are trying to spin a believable story out of this. Good luck. While Major goes looking for his hooker, which is much more heartwarming than it sounds. She was the one who said if there wasn't a cure she didn't want to wake up, but it turns out the guards took her away and the other prisoners never saw her again.

Then government chicks back-up arrives, so I think story spin is covered even though we never get back to that (or at least that's what I was thinking until), because government chick is a zombie and planning to turn Seattle into a zombie paradise apparently.

So again nice twist that I did NOT see coming, but even without that this episode was still fairly well awesome except for the parts involving Ravi, Peyton, and Blaine. And as I said above those would be okay, but they really felt in the way in this episode. However, I get it they wanted to have all the characters in this episode, but why not just have those three join the others in zombieland.

RJDiogenes

#94 Post by RJDiogenes » April 15th, 2016, 10:45 pm

Romeros. Nice. :D

It's sounds like the season cliffhanger might be an imminent Zombie Apocalypse.