Moderator: PhoenixHope

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The Originals 3x09 "Savior"

#26 Post by PhoenixHope » December 10th, 2015, 12:48 am

The Originals 3x09 "Savior"

Episode Description
(From My DISHGuide)
Freya tries to find a way to reverse a deadly curse that threatens to expose one of her siblings.
Hopefully over the mid-season hiatus I'll get this episode and the previous one watched even though it's unlikely I'll be able to watch this one after the mid-season hiatus because of Grimm so these might be the only two episodes of The Originals I watch this season.
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The Originals 3x10 "A Ghost Along the Mississippi"

#27 Post by PhoenixHope » January 29th, 2016, 12:47 am

The Originals 3x10 "A Ghost Along the Mississippi"
First Friday Airing

Episode Description
(From My DISHGuide)
Klaus declares war on Aurora and Tristan; Vincent is forced to use his magic against his will.
*cries* Thanks to the CWs moving of this show to Fridays opposite Grimm I won't actually be watching ANY of The Originals this season apparently, because while Grimm hasn't exactly delighted me this season some of the events during the mid-season finale have me wanting to tune back in. So Grimm > The Originals.

If only they'd switched it so that The Originals aired at seven I would gladly start watching again as soon as Sleepy Hollow ended, because unlike The Vampire Diaries I am still interested in watching The Originals, but I'm kinda afraid skipping a whole season will leave me less interested in watching next season.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

Re: The Originals Season Three Episode Discussion Thread

#28 Post by RJDiogenes » January 29th, 2016, 11:12 pm

I'm sure Klaus will still be declaring war on people. :D
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: The Originals 3x10 "A Ghost Along the Mississippi"

#29 Post by PhoenixHope » January 30th, 2016, 6:42 pm

So, again didn't watch this episode, but as with The Vampire Diaries this was the first Friday airing of The Originals so I thought I'd pop over and share the numbers.

However, it looks like airing against Grimm (which was also new last night) isn't going to hurt The Originals, because again as with The Vampire Diaries The Originals maintained its Thursday numbers.

The Originals
- 0.95 million viewers
- 0.4/1 A18-49

Again another positive for the CW since that is slightly better than previous occupant America's Next Top Model and as mentioned above positive for the show itself since it kept its Thursday numbers. And this one is a better win overall for the CW itself since while those numbers do beat one of the CW Monday shows it doesn't beat both since Jane the Virgin at least manages a 0.4 on Mondays.
(At this point I could see the CW moving The Vampire Diaries to Monday's next season and The Originals up and then airing Jane the Virgin on Fridays after The Originals and trying another show on Monday's. Though admittedly it wouldn't entirely surprise me if the CW kept Friday's the same this coming season either.)

RJDiogenes

#30 Post by RJDiogenes » January 30th, 2016, 10:20 pm

There's probably not a lot of overlap in the audience. The shows are very different in tone. I've heard that the CW ordered a whole bunch of genre pilots, though.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The Originals 3x11 "Wild at Heart"

#31 Post by PhoenixHope » February 5th, 2016, 1:00 am

The Originals 3x11 "Wild at Heart"

Neither of my DISHGuides has an episode description for this one, and I'm too busy (or lazy, whatever) to go looking for one.
RJDiogenes wrote:I've heard that the CW ordered a whole bunch of genre pilots, though.
They have, but an interesting thing I noticed is that a lot of the potential pilots from CBS this time around have a paranormal/supernatural slant, which leaves me wondering if CBS was getting tired of their CW shows being the lowest of the low so they're taking a page from the WB playbook.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: The Originals 3x11 "Wild at Heart"

#32 Post by PhoenixHope » February 7th, 2016, 1:34 am

Well, the good news here for The Originals as much as the CW itself is that unlike The Vampire Diaries The Originals didn't lose ground.

The Originals
- 0.92 million viewers
- 0.4/1 A18-49

Of course, The Originals because it's airing its third season would be renewed anyway, but this might be enough for it to not just be renewed but actually air in-season as opposed to a summer finish.

RJDiogenes

#33 Post by RJDiogenes » February 7th, 2016, 10:45 pm

Well, four seasons is a pretty good run nowadays. But, like Vampire Diaries, it might benefit from a trip back to its usual time slot.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The Originals 3x12 "Dead Angels"

#34 Post by PhoenixHope » February 12th, 2016, 3:07 am

The Originals 3x12 "Dead Angels"

Episode Description
(From My DISHGuide)
Klaus faces an unlikely foe when a tool that could take down his family ends up in the wrong hands.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: The Originals 3x12 "Dead Angels"

#35 Post by PhoenixHope » February 13th, 2016, 7:27 pm

This week The Originals hit a new low - not good, but it will still get some manner of a forth season no matter what. The only real questions are "how many episodes?" and "where will they air?". Cause yeah it keeps falling it's not likely to get a full season and not likely to air in-season.

The Originals
- 0.80 million viewers
- 0.3/1 A18-49

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The Originals 3x13 "Heart Shaped Box"

#36 Post by PhoenixHope » February 19th, 2016, 1:05 am

The Originals 3x13 "Heart Shaped Box"

Episode Description
(From My DISHGuide)
Aurora hopes to lure Klaus and Elijah into a dangerous trap; Hayley makes a sacrifice.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The Originals 3x14 "A Streetcar Named Desire"

#37 Post by PhoenixHope » February 26th, 2016, 1:36 am

The Originals 3x14 "A Streetcar Named Desire"

Episode Description
(From My DISHGuide)
A magical trap renders Elijah and Klaus useless; Davina moves forward with her plan.
There's a rumor going around (seriously though nothing confirmed so salt the following with a truck load) that The Vampire Diaries may in fact be ending at the end of this season and select cast members would then join The Originals. Again no idea if this is remotely truth based or just fan spec based on the fact that we're finally getting a crossover here when Plec has pretty much been down on crossovers since the beginning.

RJDiogenes

#38 Post by RJDiogenes » February 26th, 2016, 11:01 pm

That would be interesting, although I'd kind of expect it to work the other way. Unless the Damon and Stephan actors are bailing.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: The Originals 3x14 "A Streetcar Named Desire"

#39 Post by PhoenixHope » February 27th, 2016, 9:18 pm

The Originals 3x14 A Streetcar Named Desire

So, just as Klaus has ordered Stefan out of his city, Caroline calls Stefan who forgot his phone and ends up talking to Klaus. After a conversation, Klaus decides to help Stefan after all, because Caroline is just that awesome - you see she's worried about Stefan, and so Klaus assures her that'll he'll be okay because Klaus will help him.
(Caroline doesn't know that Klaus moments before had ordered him out of his safe space.)

So, Stefan gets a call from some old flame of his who's working with Matt and tracking hunter chick and tells Stefan to get off a highway, but too late, except they in werewolf territory. But just as she's about to kill Stefan Klaus pops up and kills her, but her death is only temporary and they are in werewolf territory so Klaus and Stefan head out.

Klaus takes them to his sister, not Bekka - who if you'll allow me to go off on a tangent doesn't seem to be on this show anymore in her body or her borrowed body, so BOO HISS on that. Anyway, Freya says she can't fix the mark, but she can cover it up so it won't work as a tracking beacon.

But then other shit is going down, and Klaus and Elijah find themselves kidnapped, and Davina is still stuck on breaking the sire lines so Klaus can be killed. Marcel is on board, but doesn't want to kill Klaus anymore.

And Hayley is there, because apparently Jackson was killed for his heart in some episode and his heart is a key part in the breaking the sire line spell, so Hayley wants her pound of flesh. So Marcel goes to the place where the action is about to go down, with Hayley and Stefan in the trunk, while Freya hands back at Klaus House to work a spell to break Klaus and Elijah from the mindscape they're trapped in.

Hayley and Stefan, who I didn't realize had never actually met each other, actually bond and it's a bit cute I have to admit. Anyway, once inside Stefan pulls the magic stuff off his chest so hunter gal can track him again to the big house full of vampires they want killed.

Long story short while Freya wakes Klaus and Elijah up - it's too late for Klaus, because Davina breaks his sire line, but not Elijah's, and because of that she has enough energy later to bring back Kol.
(But in the meantime she and Marcel fight, because Marcel tried to stop her - not necessarily breaking the sire line but on the Klaus killing.)

So alls well that ends well, except I can't imagine the breaking of the sire line going well for Klaus since there are just so damn many people out there who want to kill him.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: The Originals 3x14 "A Streetcar Named Desire"

#40 Post by PhoenixHope » March 1st, 2016, 12:36 am

Crossover = ratings:

The Originals
- 1.07 million viewers
- 0.5/2 A18-49

Which is the best Friday rating for The Originals to date.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The Originals 3x15 "An Old Friend Calls"

#41 Post by PhoenixHope » March 4th, 2016, 1:10 am

The Originals 3x15 "An Old Friend Calls"

Episode Description
(From My DISHGuide)
An old foe threatens the lives of innocent citizens, forcing Vincent to help bring down Klaus.
There's no cute singey-song for this, but Grimm is new this Friday so I'll be watching that instead.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The Originals 3x16 "Alone With Everybody"

#42 Post by PhoenixHope » April 1st, 2016, 1:11 am

The Originals 3x16 "Alone With Everybody"

Episode Description
(From My DISHGuide)
Rumors about the last white oak bullet bring deadly foes to New Orleans, targeting Klaus.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The Originals 3x17 "Behind the Black Horizon"

#43 Post by PhoenixHope » April 8th, 2016, 2:44 am

The Originals 3x17 "Behind the Black Horizon"

Episode Description
(From My DISHGuide)
When Freya is kidnapped by a new threat, the Mikaelsons put their differences aside to save her.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The Originals 3x18 "The Devil Comes Here and Sighs"

#44 Post by PhoenixHope » April 15th, 2016, 2:10 am

The Originals 3x18 "The Devil Comes Here and Sighs"

Episode Description
(From My DISHGuide)
Enemies join together to kidnap Klaus; Elijah and Freya confront a powerful force; Hayley and Cami have a risky plan to get Klaus back.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The Originals 3x19 "No More Heartbreaks"

#45 Post by PhoenixHope » April 29th, 2016, 12:06 am

The Originals 3x19 "No More Heartbreaks"

Episode Description
(From My DISHGuide)
Klaus relies on his family and allies to find a cure for Cami after her violent encounter.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The Originals 3x20 "Where Nothing Stays Buried"

#46 Post by PhoenixHope » May 6th, 2016, 12:57 am

The Originals 3x20 "Where Nothing Stays Buried"

Episode Description
(From My DISHGuide)
Klaus, Elijah, and Freya search for a way to take down Lucien; Kol and Marcel make a plea for help.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The Originals 3x21 "Give 'Em Hell Kid"

#47 Post by PhoenixHope » May 12th, 2016, 8:58 pm

The Originals 3x21 "Give 'Em Hell Kid"

Episode Description
(From My DISHGuide)
Freya's prophetic visions reveal that her family is on course to confront a dangerous enemy.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The Originals 3x22 "The Bloody Crown"

#48 Post by PhoenixHope » May 20th, 2016, 12:17 am

The Originals 3x22 "The Bloody Crown" Season Finale

Episode Description
(From My DISHGuide)
With the Mikaelson compound overrun by enemies, Klaus must face judgement for centuries of cruelty.