SyFy News that makes me go YAY!

Latest breaking news and comments along with posters reviews

Moderators: PhoenixHope, Grim

PhoenixHope
Administrators

SyFy News that makes me go YAY!

#1 Post by PhoenixHope » February 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm

SyFy has officially picked up 'Lost Girl' for a 13 episode season four!
(No news about Being Human the US SyFy version yet, though I can't see any reason why it also wouldn't be renewed, though I am not one of the SyFy PTBs either.)
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

Re: SyFy News that makes me go YAY!

#2 Post by RJDiogenes » February 28th, 2013, 11:41 pm

Great news! 8)

I'm pretty sure they'll pick up Being Human, too. I think it does pretty well for them.
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#3 Post by PhoenixHope » March 1st, 2013, 2:00 am

Well, I have to leave room open, because there are two differences between Being Human and Lost Girl: While Being Human almost always outrates Lost Girl SyFy actually bears the total cost for Being Human where as Lost Girl is a Canadian import so SyFy doesn't bear as much cost for it, or at least that's generally the way Canadian imports work.

Basically all that means is that Being Human has to rate better because it needs to make SyFy a profit to stay alive. But considering that Being Human does outrate Lost Girl pretty much always it shouldn't be an issue. Though obviously I don't know how much Being Human costs to make vs how much Lost Girl costs to import, and therefore really have no way of knowing how well Being Human needs to rate to stay alive.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

#4 Post by RJDiogenes » March 1st, 2013, 11:49 pm

Being Human is pretty short on special effects, so it's probably not that expensive to make. I have a pretty good feeling that it will survive.

huggle

#5 Post by huggle » March 3rd, 2013, 8:22 pm

I have my doubts there - humanity appears to be somewhat out-of-date nowadays. :?
a hug a day keeps the psychatrist away

RJDiogenes

#6 Post by RJDiogenes » March 3rd, 2013, 10:02 pm

Ain't that the truth.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#7 Post by PhoenixHope » March 19th, 2013, 7:43 am

So, no news may in fact not be good news, because SyFy has done yet another renewal (Face Off) but still no news on Being Human. And if I recall correctly (but admittedly might be wrong) that if SyFy is going to renew something they usually do so before the currently airing season is finished. So if I'm right it is starting to look a little grim for Being Human, but there is still a little time left before the current season ends.

RJDiogenes

#8 Post by RJDiogenes » March 19th, 2013, 10:29 pm

I'm pretty pessimistic. It would be a shame to lose it. :(

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#9 Post by PhoenixHope » March 20th, 2013, 12:54 am

Well, there is (like I said) still hope for a renewal.

But with several SyFy renewal announcements and not a word about Being Human it does start to appear that things may not be leaning on the good side for Being Human.

Even worse today I noticed that for last night's episodes Being Human and Lost Girl rated the same in A18-49 (0.4) now two things to keep in mind here is one Being Human had more overall viewers, AND I think most cable channels use A25-55 (or something like that) more than A18-49 and I don't generally see those numbers. However, up until now Being Human was beating Lost Girl in A18-49 - Lost Girl has been 0.4ish for most of the current season, where when I paid attention Being Human was generally a 0.5 or better. So, while there is still hope I can certainly see reasons to be pessimistic.

RJDiogenes

#10 Post by RJDiogenes » March 20th, 2013, 10:42 pm

Yeah, looking at the ratings on Wiki shows that the show has declined steadily and quite a bit. Sigh.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#11 Post by PhoenixHope » April 11th, 2013, 6:06 am

REJOICE!

They didn't manage to renew before season three ended, but they did finally renew Being Human for a forth season.

RJDiogenes

#12 Post by RJDiogenes » April 11th, 2013, 11:03 pm

Rejoice, indeed! Image

I'm psyched. I had given it up for dead. This is great news indeed. That would have been a hell of a cliffhanger to leave us with. :D