Being Human Season Four Episode Discussion Thread

For all general Sci-fi and Fantasy discussions, be it books, TV or movies

Moderator: PhoenixHope

RJDiogenes

Re: Being Human Season Four Episode Discussion Thread

#51 Post by RJDiogenes » April 3rd, 2014, 11:07 pm

Yeah, the only part that feels like we're heading for an ending is the part about having to leave the house. But they probably didn't have enough time to prepare a real ending.
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Being Human 4x13 "There Goes the Neighborhood Part III"

#52 Post by PhoenixHope » April 6th, 2014, 11:35 pm

Being Human 4x13 "There Goes the Neighborhood Part III"

Episode Description
(From Zap2it)

Sally makes a major sacrifice to keep her vision from coming true. [Series Finale]
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

#53 Post by RJDiogenes » April 7th, 2014, 10:21 pm

Sigh. I hope they give us a good ending.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Being Human 4x13 "There Goes the Neighborhood Part III"

#54 Post by PhoenixHope » April 9th, 2014, 10:13 pm

Well, you're probably thrilled with the way it ended, but I am so totally disappointed that I can't even.

Being Human 4x13 There Goes the Neighborhood Part III

Somehow I suspected I'd feel about this just like I feel, so the night before when I watched Grimm, Hannibal, Bates Motel, and Lost Girl I made the choice to skip this one.

Then last night I found myself deciding to watch Once Upon A Time and a movie, but then I found myself not ready to go to bed and out of other things to watch without getting up and going through my movie collection, so I started Being Human.

As expected I was bored for most of the first half. Then I thought things might turn out right when human Aidan wasn't just gonna be granted a long healthy life. Alas, turns out that was just a contrived mess so show could force Aidan and Sally into a happy after life (neither of which deserved it - I'd have been happier if they'd gotten Sally and Aidan together in ANY other way).

But at this point I still had some hope - Ramona was still alive and had killed someone to get attention. And then sure enough Aidan and Josh take notice and I feel that Ramona dragging Aidan and Josh to hell would be a perfect ending.

Now you'd think I'd give up hope when old man Aidan killed her, but that was bullshit that it was that easy to kill her, so I basically spent the rest of the episode waiting for Ramona to pop back up. Seriously, even in that last scene when Josh and Nora woke up I kept expecting to hear child-like laughter and for the scene to suddenly melt out and Ramona to reveal that they never left the house, because "I can't believe you idiots honestly believed there was a way to make a vampire human - it's all been false since that moment. Welcome to hell, kiddies!"

And for me that's how it ended. Not that bullshit contrived happily ever after crap.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

#55 Post by RJDiogenes » April 9th, 2014, 11:56 pm

Well. :lol: You're right. I am thrilled. And very relieved. I can see why others might not be, since this was designed for people who have loved the characters for four years. But I was very happy to see Aiden get his door and find Sally there, and see Josh and Nora in a happy future with a couple of kids named after them. It felt a little bit rushed (though not as bad as Wonderland), but they had a lot to get done. I wasn't even upset about the house burning up, because I was thinking that it would have to be done two episodes ago, and it's fine because that part of their lives is over.

In fact, I think it's one of the best endings ever. Admittedly that's not difficult, considering all the bad and non-existent endings there have been.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Being Human 4x13 "There Goes the Neighborhood Part III"

#56 Post by PhoenixHope » April 10th, 2014, 7:13 pm

Yeah, I don't think it's just about people loving the characters, because I really would've been okay with a Sally/Aidan endgame, and despite some issues am actually okay with the Josh/Nora endgame - I'm just NOT okay with the way Sally and Aidan's endgame ended up happening.
(And the main issue I have with Josh/Nora is that I was never really a fan of Josh/Nora, because it felt to me the show never really made me believe Nora truly wanted to be with Josh, but that she was forced with Josh because the show wanted it that way.)

Perhaps, yes, Sally deserves to finally be in the happy place, but for Aidan it was totally unearned and a total cop-out. Make him human in the last episode and therefore he can get his door - total bullshit, because a week (maybe a little more or a little less - the show never really makes that clear) as a human doesn't undo his extremely long life as a vampire, especially since the episode showed Aidan having a moment of weakness where he was ready to become a vampire again. So for Aidan to get his door was just so much bullshit that I can't even.

Seriously, I'd have rather had a mysterious lightening flash at the end of the episode and then human Sally standing there alive again then for the show to have Aidan simply getting lucky enough to die as a human and therefore get the damn door. OR!

I think at the end of all things I'd almost rather the show just left Sally dead (no I'm not being mean here) and instead of having Aidan join her after so brief a stint as a human have it happen that because Aidan gave his life to stop the evil house the PTB decide to give him a chance to earn his door and so when Josh and Nora show up to check out the burned out house they find alive healthy Aidan instead of ghost Aidan.

Then after (or before, either way I suppose the kids would need to be slightly older) we see Nora and Josh with their kids the show could then have a scene with an older looking Aidan dying his human death and then getting his door and finding Sally. I just feel this would've at least given the feeling of Aidan earning his door even if in the show this wouldn't have taken any more time than the way the show did it, but the perceived passage of time would've given a much different feeling to that whole ending and it wouldn't have left near as bad a taste in my mouth.

RJDiogenes

#57 Post by RJDiogenes » April 10th, 2014, 10:54 pm

Yeah, I agree with all that. That's one reason it felt a bit rushed. A flash forward to a normally aged Aiden would have been a better choice than aging him in a week.