Renewed/Canceled: Final(ish) guesses for the 2014/15 season

Latest breaking news and comments along with posters reviews

Moderators: PhoenixHope, Grim

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Renewed/Canceled: Final(ish) guesses for the 2014/15 season

#26 Post by PhoenixHope » June 23rd, 2015, 2:31 am

Putting this here, because while it was mostly a summer show it did air in season once or twice:

*sad face*

Hannibals third season (the one currently airing) will alas be its final season.

Of course, to be fair the ratings aren't pretty right now, and in reality they've never been that great, but they are rather ugly this season, so it's not a big surprise AND it's an international acquisition. So if episodes keep being made internationally it IS possible another U.S. network or streaming service could pick up the series.
(But that seems like a long shot at the moment.)

Still no news on A.D. The Bible Continues and American Odyssey (or at least none that I've seen) but they remain more likely to be canceled than renewed.
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

#27 Post by RJDiogenes » June 23rd, 2015, 10:11 pm

Well, how far can they go with The Bible? Are they going to hire somebody to write the Third Testament? :lol:

(Actually, the Third Testament is one of the ideas I've had in my notebook for a while-- and I've always thought of Supernatural as being the equivalent of the Third Testament.)

Too bad about Hannibal, but if it's a foreign show and it's got buzz it could very well end up alive on Netflix or Hulu.
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#28 Post by PhoenixHope » June 26th, 2015, 6:41 pm

And in a fun twist to yesterday's news about Hannibals cancelation today we find that NBC has renewed Aquarius (summer show, I know, but putting it here anyway). And admittedly Aquarius is rating better than Hannibal but not by much. Seriously, we're talking a couple tenths of a point better, so if you like Aquarius you'd better enjoy the coming season two because that'll probably be the end of that.

PS - Still no news on A.D. The Bible Continues or American Odyssey. However, I'm no longer expecting (and never really expected) a big announcement on either of these. What I expect is these will air out their remaining episodes (especially the latter which has been rating lower than Hannibal) and then simply not return.

PPS - To answer your question I'm sure if the ratings had been better they would've no doubt managed to come up with something no matter how weird or out-there it might would be.
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

#29 Post by RJDiogenes » June 26th, 2015, 10:51 pm

Medieval Monks, the Crusades....

I should probably check out Aquarius[/b], but Charles Manson is not something about the 60s that appeals to me.
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)