Hyperlight - Pilot Down

The place to discuss yogurt and other topics of culture or even create some of your own!

Moderator: RJDiogenes

Jim Gamma

Hyperlight - Pilot Down

#1 Post by Jim Gamma » July 18th, 2015, 7:58 pm

Presented for comments and (hopefully) constructive criticism.

The background to this is that someone posted on Twitter several months ago a comment that you never see fantasy in a Sci Fi setting. This is my response to that comment.

Synopsis:

On the planet Paltaxis, Cadet Jekka Varr prepares for her first flight display in front of the media of the Interstellar Trade Alliance, alongside twenty-four of the best first-year cadets. As the flight draws to its conclusion, though, a freighter emerges from hyperlight in front of Jekka's craft, then departs, dragging her with it. With no easy way to track either vessel, the Academy must assume that she's dead. Her brother Orrin and best friend Alliko won't accept that conclusion, and set off in pursuit.
On Earth, twins Susan and Eric Delaney settle in for the first night of a planned week of comet watching, when a fireball screams over their hired island, and crashes into the nearby beach. At first they assume it to be cometary debris, but when Susan investigates, they find something much more unusual, and soon become embroiled in a scandal reaching across the galaxy

Links:

EPub Mobi PDF
Last edited by Jim Gamma on January 31st, 2016, 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

RJDiogenes

Re: Hyper light - Pilot Down

#2 Post by RJDiogenes » July 18th, 2015, 9:11 pm

This sounds like something I just read. Hey, it is something I just read. :D

Highly recommended, everybody. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's classic Space Opera. 8)
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

Jim Gamma

#3 Post by Jim Gamma » January 30th, 2016, 8:49 pm

I just changed the links to google drive... can someone please check that they're OK and don't cause any "Hey sign up now" stuff to pop up?

RJDiogenes

#4 Post by RJDiogenes » January 30th, 2016, 10:49 pm

They worked fine for me. :)
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)