Renewed/Canceled: Final(ish) guesses for the 2015/16 season

Latest breaking news and comments along with posters reviews

Moderators: PhoenixHope, Grim

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Renewed/Canceled: Final(ish) guesses for the 2015/16 season

#26 Post by PhoenixHope » April 29th, 2016, 12:10 am

Some hopes and some fears from Variety - I should note that I have no idea how accurate or not Variety has been in the past, but mostly I don't terribly disagree with any of their calls, so...

According to them:

ABC

Dead: “Blood & Oil,” “Of Kings and Prophets,” “Wicked City,” “Galavant”
Mostly Dead: “Agent Carter,” “The Catch,” “The Family,” “American Crime”
Staying Alive: “Last Man Standing,” “Nashville,” “The Muppets”
Too Close to Call: “Dr. Ken,” “The Real O’Neals”

Yes, I know I have The Muppets as likely canceled, but it also had rather high premiere numbers so I could maybe see ABC trying yet another retool and giving it another go. I still have my doubts they will, but I could see it. And according to Variety the show-runner for American Crime was given the choice to do more OR get a series order for pilot Presence and according to their sources he chose the latter.
(And according to them the fate of Castle will be known by May 5th or 6th.)

And as I mentioned earlier in the thread had I waited a couple weeks on posting my list I would've placed Nashville as a toss up over likely canceled.

CBS

Dead: “Rush Hour”
Mostly Dead: “Code Black”
Staying Alive: “Criminal Minds,” “The Odd Couple,” “Supergirl”
Too Close to Call: “Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders,” “CSI: Cyber,” “Limitless”

Admittedly I find the thought of CSI: Cyber being too close to call laughable I have to admit CBS has pulled some wacky moves before (and according to Variety it has a 50/50 shot), though admittedly they are less inclined toward wacky moves than other networks. As for the rest I honestly think (right now) Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders based on ratings will get renewed and based on ratings Limitless may be canceled - I'm certain it would be canceled over CM:BB at any rate.

Fox

Dead: “Minority Report,” “Second Chance,” “Cooper Barrett’s Guide to Surviving Life”
Mostly Dead: “Grandfathered”
Staying Alive: “Sleepy Hollow”
Too Close to Call: “The Grinder”

Yeah, I know as far as it goes I have Grandfathered over The Grinder because based on ratings the former is higher than the latter, but the latter is owned outright by 20th Century Fox and the former is a co-production. Personally if I was in charge they'd both be canceled, but I'm not in charge, so...

NBC

Dead: “Undateable,” “The Player,” “Truth Be Told”
Mostly Dead: “Telenovela”
Staying Alive: “Mysteries of Laura”
Too Close to Call: “Crowded”

This is the one that is closest to what I predict, though I expect Crowded to be renewed.

And according to their sources The Mysteries of Laura will likely be another shorter season but will be renewed.
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

#27 Post by RJDiogenes » April 29th, 2016, 10:38 pm

I'm surprised about Sleepy Hollow, not surprised about Galavant, and very disappointed about Agent Carter. Agent Carter is the one I'd most likely to see survive at this point.
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#28 Post by PhoenixHope » April 30th, 2016, 7:50 pm

Well, as we know from last season Agent Carter was on the bubble because of the other Marvel spin-off, and so when that didn't work out Agent Carter got the nod instead. However, it seems like this seasons spin-off might be more of a sure thing than last seasons.

Still based on history I'd say don't entirely give up until the upfronts are in, or at the very least until ABC orders the new Marvel spin-off to series.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#29 Post by PhoenixHope » May 7th, 2016, 12:07 am

To the surprise of absolutely no one CBS has renewed Criminal Minds for another season.

And it looks like a Supergirl renewal will greatly depend on how much the costs can be cut.
Supergirl eying move to Vancouver for cost reduction.
(Which could mean those rumors I'd wrote off as wishful thinking on people's parts could in fact end up happening. What? A move of the show to the CW rather than staying on CBS. Though I still don't expect a move to the CW to happen.)

Also, probably to the surprise of absolutely no one Dick Wolf is already planning yet another show in the Chicago franchise.

Oh and that news on Castle we was already supposed to have - DELAYED. No, seriously, ABC officially delayed, which is probably not good news (for Castle fans) but who can really say at this point.

RJDiogenes

#30 Post by RJDiogenes » May 7th, 2016, 9:25 pm

Yeah, I think things look bad for Castle without one of the leads. I'm surprised Supergirl is on the bubble, though. Although it is on one of the big networks. The CW would probably be better for it.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#31 Post by PhoenixHope » May 12th, 2016, 2:13 am

RJDiogenes wrote:The CW would probably be better for it.
The problem with this is that picking up CBS's leftovers hasn't exactly worked out well for the CW (*cough*Ringer/Crazy Ex-Girlfriend*cough*). The CW would probably in the future be better off going with their own offerings instead of picking up another's rejects.

Anyway, CBS has renewed comedy Life in Pieces.

And in good news by this time next week most renewals/cancels will be known - in fact they may be known by this weekend, but the upfronts are next week and aside from the CW by Wednesday next week (CW doesn't go til Thursday) they'll all be done.

UPDATE: To the surprise of (I'd say no one, but I'm sure someone somewhere is surprised - see Variety above) very few CBS has canceled CSI: Cyber.

RJDiogenes

#32 Post by RJDiogenes » May 12th, 2016, 10:30 pm

They're really leaving Sleepy Hollow till the last minute....

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#33 Post by PhoenixHope » May 13th, 2016, 2:08 am

Okay, I'm a little shocked at this, because I wrote off rumors as rumors (though to my credit I did note above that there might be some truth to them), but in this case where there's smoke there's fire - CBS has canceled Supergirl BUT never fear the CW has picked it up.

And, of course, this news dropped when I stepped away from my PC for a quick run to the store. LOL But at least by the time I got back there was confirmation that the CW will give it 22 episodes aka a full season.

This turns out to be bad news for Containment which has WAY better ratings than Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Reign, AND Jane the Virgin in fact Containments ratings are on par with iZombie, The Vampire Diaries, and The 100 but picking up Supergirl means something has to go (and something WB at that) and since the CW already renewed everything else - if you like the show I'm sure it will air all its episodes, but feel free (those who like the show) to hate on the CW and CBS more than a little because I sure as hell would if I watched the show.

For those keeping score the CW has ten hours a week to program and in addition to "saving" Supergirl they've picked up three NEW shows (Riverdale, Frequency, and No Tomorrow) in addition to having renewed The Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Supernatural, iZombie, The 100, The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Jane the Virgin, Reign, AND Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. So they now have fifteen shows and only ten in season slots - so we're looking at short seasons for more than a few (I'd say The 100, iZombie, and possibly The Vampire Diaries for shorties) and maybe even a few moves to summer for some (I'd figure at least Reign and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend with possibly Jane the Virgin and The Originals joining a potential summer line up). But admittedly I'm better at predicting renewals/cancels than I am season lengths.

In other Thursday news ABC kept me right with my early call on Nashville as that turns out to have been the correct call, despite more recent signs that pointed toward renewal ABC canceled Nashville. So I guess this is one that proves the early bird gets the worm, because had I waited a couple weeks I might've put this one under likely renewal. Shortly after this ABC renewed The Real O’Neals and after a bunch of cancels (see below) ABC also renewed American Crime.

Obviously while I'm keeping up with most of this timely I'm trying to gather all the days news and then simply make one big post instead of doing lots of little ones.

ABC has renewed The Catch, which is a show that because of a late start didn't make my list, and canceled The Family and only to the surprise of Variety The Muppets. And not entirely unexpected ABC has canceled Marvel's Agent Carter, which likely means Marvel's Most Wanted is a go, though it's not official yet - the cancel is official the pick-up is not. UPDATE: And, nope, ABC has not just canceled Marvel's Agent Carter but they've passed on Marvel's Most Wanted . WTH?

And now I have to take a pee break so everything'll probably happen while I'm doing that. Seriously, though I have about seven windows open right now and am still having trouble keeping up with everything. And that shocking news re:Supergirl now seems like it broke days ago instead of hours ago.
(That was when the news that ABC passed on the other Marvel spin-off dropped - just in case you wondered what happened while I was peeing.)

Anyway, ABC seems to be slowing down a bit now, but they did take time to cancel Castle, which seems weird since they was going to so much trouble to get some to resign, though I suppose with one of the leads out its not as bad news as it could've been. And supposedly an alt happy ending was filmed in case of cancel and will now air as the series finale so that'll probably make fans happy.

It makes sense that ABC has slowed, because all they have left now is Galavant, Last Man Standing, and Dr. Ken.

Anyway now that the news has slowed to a trickle I'll do the CW since it is the only network with all decisions (unless they decide to pick up something else) made.
(If the CW list is not directly below it means the news didn't stop and it will be at the bottom of the post.)

YESSSSSSSSSS! With ABC slowing down FOX may now be picking up some slack as they have canceled The Grinder, though that comes from actor twitter (Rob Lowe) rather than FOX itself, but I'd think the person getting fired would know you know.

On the other hand, with all the bombs dropped by ABC I feel like I've been sitting here all day chasing and typing when it's only been a few hours and I needed it since my hip is pulling old lady things today so sitting and typing is probably just what the doctor ordered.

Still shockingly when I started this I thought the Supergirl news would be the big news of the day and then ABC went and canceled Nashville AND Castle - I thought at least one of those would be renewed though I had neither as a likely renewal.

And yep ABC stopped and now FOX IS stepping into the void first with The Grinder and now Grandfathered, Bordertown, and Cooper Barrett’s Guide To Surviving Life canceled. And since FOX is mostly done now I will also do a renewed/canceled list below for them cause I think there's only a few left for them as well - two if I'm right.

Apparently, ABC didn't like FOX trying to steal the thunder so they returned to renew Dr. Ken - meaning it's highly likely Last Man Standing will also be renewed.

Again though it seems the news is slowing so I'm gonna go ahead and post this now and if a few other things break before I go offline tonight I'll just edit otherwise I'll be back tomorrow when CBS is no doubt gonna drop all they bombs!

CW

Canceled

America's Next Top Model
Containment

Renewed

Supergirl
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
Reign
Jane the Virgin
The Originals
The Vampire Diaries
The 100
iZombie
Supernatural
Legends of Tomorrow
Arrow
The Flash

And since I had Containment as a toss up I have no misses when it comes to the CW this season, though I totally didn't call the CW renewing Supergirl but I did call Supergirl as being renewed - so I'm not counting it as a miss for the CW (since it counts more as a new show for them) but will count it as a miss for CBS since the CW and not CBS renewed it.

And what the hell I'll go ahead and do ABC since there's only a few unknowns left, and by the time I post this there might not be any:
(Update: As of Friday afternoon ABC has no unknowns.)

ABC

Canceled

Wicked City
Blood & Oil
Of Kings And Prophets
Nashville
The Muppets
The Family
Marvel's Agent Carter
Castle
Galavant

Renewed

Last Man Standing
Dr. Ken
The Catch
American Crime
The Real O’Neals
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Quantico
Fresh Off the Boat
Once Upon A Time
black-ish
The Middle
How To Get Away With Murder
The Goldbergs
Grey's Anatomy
Scandal
Modern Family

And so far there are no ABC misses for me and if you'll recall last season Last Man Standing was the last ABC renewal.

FOX

Canceled

Minority Report
The Grinder
Grandfathered
Bordertown
Cooper Barrett’s Guide To Surviving Life
Second Chance

Unknown

The X-Files

Renewed

Sleepy Hollow
The Last Man on Earth
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
New Girl
Lucifer
Rosewood
Bones
Scream Queens
Gotham
Bob's Burgers
Family Guy
The Simpsons
Empire

So far no FOX misses either, and since I have Sleepy Hollow as a toss up meaning it could go either way. I suppose I could be wrong on The X-Files because actors have schedules and all which means a deal might fail to come through, but I'm still going with renewed for it. So, RJD you are correct Sleepy Hollow is as of right now (just after 9/8c) one of the last FOX shows to have its fate known.
(UPDATE: As of Friday afternoon FOX only has one unknown left.)

Then there's also NBC which didn't really drop any renew/cancel news today, but only has about three unknowns anyway so I thought I'd post those:

NBC

Canceled

Truth Be Told
The Player
Heroes Reborn
You, Me and the Apocalypse

Unknown

Telenovela
Undateable
The Mysteries of Laura
Crowded
The Carmichael Show

Renewed

Grimm
Superstore
Shades of Blue
Law & Order: SVU
Chicago Med
The Backlist
Chicago P.D.
Chicago Fire
Blindspot

RJDiogenes

#34 Post by RJDiogenes » May 13th, 2016, 11:09 pm

Whoa! That was an eventful few hours. :o

And they really are dragging out the suspense with Sleepy Hollow, especially since they cancelled a lot of other stuff. I really am wondering if there's behind-the-scenes negotiating going on with Nicole Beharie. I'll be psyched if it comes back with both Abbie and Ichabod.

Of course, the worst news is Agent Carter. Total unsurprising, but I loved that show. :( I'm still hoping it will go to Netflix or something. It got such universal praise that Marvel and Disney might want to keep it alive just for the prestige. They can sure afford it with the billions that the movie franchise drags in.

Kind of surprising is Most Wanted, though. I wasn't too excited about it, but I had warmed up to the idea. I wonder if they shot a pilot and if it will be aired, or included as a DVD extra or something. And will Bobbie and Hunter return to SHIELD?

Galavant is also no surprise, but a damn shame.

I never got around to watching Muppets after the first episode, but it makes me sad that they got cancelled so quickly.

Oh, yeah, and Supergirl. Definitely a shocker, but I think it will work out well. I've said before that CW is morphing into the superhero channel and it's a good move for them. Not that I've gotten around to watching any of these shows, but I like the idea of this little cluster of inter-related superhero adventures-- even if Supergirl is (I think) in another dimension.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#35 Post by PhoenixHope » May 14th, 2016, 12:06 am

And today it started before I got off from work - when I got home and got online FOX had already renewed Sleepy Hollow, and ABC had renewed Last Man Standing - so that gives me a perfect score with ABC this season and possibly a perfect score with FOX.
(Unhappily for you, RJD, all sources are reporting this as the post-Abbie chapter, so I'm guessing since she wanted to leave there was no negotiating going on with Nicole Beharie, but rather FOX deciding low-rated Sleepy Hollow had more potential than some/any of their potential pilots.)

Also, NBC had already picked up Midnight, Texas as well as canceling Game of Silence, Telenovela, Crowded, Undateable, and Heartbeat. Some of those (Game of Silence/Heartbeat) started late enough as not to be on my list. And no I'm not taking points off for shows I didn't list, because I posted the list before they aired so if I had listed them they would've been toss ups.

But to my shock CBS doesn't seem to have started yet. So lets see what breaks now that I'm off from work.

And it quickly becomes apparent things aren't going quite as fast today as yesterday.

And since NBC actually did cancel some stuff today I'll post a fresh renewed/cancel list instead of updating the one above as I did with ABC and FOX:

Frankly since today isn't moving near as fast I'm gonna go ahead and make this post - if more news comes later I'll just make another post.
(UPDATE: Saturday NBC has canceled The Mysteries of Laura.)

NBC

Canceled

Truth Be Told
The Player
Heroes Reborn
You, Me and the Apocalypse
Game of Silence
Heartbeat
Telenovela
Undateable
Crowded
The Mysteries of Laura

Renewed

The Carmichael Show
Grimm
Superstore
Shades of Blue
Law & Order: SVU
Chicago Med
The Backlist
Chicago P.D.
Chicago Fire
Blindspot

So as of right now my NBC score is - perfect! Despite the fact that I said in a recent post I was leaning toward renewal for Crowded it was on my list as a mere toss up. Now I have The Mysteries of Laura as a toss up, but I could still lose a point on The Carmichael Show which I do have as likely renewal.

And just to repeat my score with ABC is perfect, and unless The X-Files isn't renewed my score for FOX will be perfect. So, even if I do miss one from FOX and NBC I'm still doing better this season than any season since I started doing this.

However, there is one other little tidbit of news I stumbled across - Frankly I'm surprised I saw it through the TV renew/cancel haze, but it's probably cause its a slow news day today unlike yesterday. Anyway, Jeremy Carver is leaving Supernatural again, which I don't mean as a bad thing I just thought it made a catchy title.

But seriously for season twelve Supernatural will have a co-showrunning team of Robert Singer and Andrew Dabb. - lets hope they don't fuck it up and perhaps (hopefully maybe) pay more attention to continuity than the previous administration, though since Singer was a part of the previous administration... However, rumors are that Dabb has been pretty much running things since Feb., and if that's true then he's not doing too badly at all.
(No, Kripke isn't coming back he's trying his luck at NBC again with Timeless and in light of a recent episode that title makes me chuckle.)

For the curious, Carver is leaving to focus on his new CW thriller Frequency - so he couldn't get a Supernatural spin-off going, but did get another show.

RJDiogenes

#36 Post by RJDiogenes » May 14th, 2016, 12:58 am

Wow. Image

I really didn't expect Sleepy Hollow to come back. Image

I'm not sure how I feel about it, without Nicole Beharie. The relationship between Abbie and Ichabod was what I really loved. But Ichabod is great, and I like the rest of the cast. If they maintain that strong connection to the Revolution, it could be good.

Too bad about Nicole Beharie, though. I guess I was dreaming that they were trying to work something out.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#37 Post by PhoenixHope » May 14th, 2016, 6:42 pm

So, today is SATURDAY - and I've been online for about an hour and nothing more than the somewhat confusing CBS stuff that appeared hours before I went offline last night. I figured at least those might be confirmed denied by the time I came online today.

It's confusing because it's not hard renewals/cancels, basically several CBS shows were allowed to if I understand it correctly making moves that would allow them to continue for another season, but haven't actually been renewed.

And here they are the two shows being allowed to make some deals for when/if another season happens Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders and Code Black - the latter is a bit of a surprise, because I figured once Bunker Hill (I think), which is another medical drama, was picked up that signaled the death of Code Black, which to be fair was fairly rock steady ratings wise all season long, but those rock steady ratings were on the low side.
(And to be honest after CBS declined to continue Supergirl I wondered if CBS would renew any of their new dramas.)

It also appears that Limitless may be canceled - according to Deadline the people behind it are apparently already shopping it around, and you don't shop renewed shows around, so...

Anyway, I have to step out for a bit so I guess we'll see if anything happens later today.

RJDiogenes

#38 Post by RJDiogenes » May 14th, 2016, 9:07 pm

Since yesterday, I've signed two online petitions to bring back Agent Carter. :lol:

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#39 Post by PhoenixHope » May 15th, 2016, 12:06 am

A fine waste of time, RJD. No, I'm not meaning to be a bitch with that I'm saying it's a perfectly acceptable way to flitter away an afternoon. But truthfully in my experience online petitions are a waste of time from some of the things I've seen/heard even a snail mail write in one would have better chances.
(But seriously considering low ratings and the maybe tarnishment of the Marvel brand it isn't entirely surprising ABC cut it loose, though it wouldn't entirely be a surprise if some online thing maybe picked it up, but I wouldn't expect another network or even cable to - just don't want you to think starting a write in campaign would be better in this case, because I don't think it would be.)

Anyway, it seems one mystery is solved - NBC has canceled The Mysteries of Laura, which isn't entirely a surprise considering NBC has picked up more than a few new shows in addition to renewing more than a few of their current ones - plus poor The Mysteries of Laura was sorta always on the verge of being canceled.

And yet still NOTHING from CBS! Well, except for them passing on Nancy Drew, which really isn't a surprise since it doesn't really fit their brand. But I NEED renew/cancel news CBS I'll care about your new shows (or not) when it gets closer to fall.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#40 Post by PhoenixHope » May 15th, 2016, 9:13 pm

And NBC is done now with the posting of their schedule and the almost late renewal of The Carmichael Show.

And still NOTHING from CBS. Guess they want to waste their upfront time fielding questions about shows not coming back.

RJDiogenes

#41 Post by RJDiogenes » May 15th, 2016, 9:41 pm

PhoenixHope wrote:A fine waste of time, RJD. No, I'm not meaning to be a bitch with that I'm saying it's a perfectly acceptable way to flitter away an afternoon. But truthfully in my experience online petitions are a waste of time from some of the things I've seen/heard even a snail mail write in one would have better chances.
(But seriously considering low ratings and the maybe tarnishment of the Marvel brand it isn't entirely surprising ABC cut it loose, though it wouldn't entirely be a surprise if some online thing maybe picked it up, but I wouldn't expect another network or even cable to - just don't want you to think starting a write in campaign would be better in this case, because I don't think it would be.)
Oh, I know it's probably a waste of time, but they were there, so I signed them. And the Netflix one is doing really well, and that's where I think the greatest hope lies. But I disagree that it tarnished the brand-- in fact, it was so universally acclaimed that I think Marvel may want to keep it alive just for the prestige. But, yeah, I think if Peggy Carter has any future it's on Netflix.

RJDiogenes

#42 Post by RJDiogenes » May 15th, 2016, 9:44 pm

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#43 Post by PhoenixHope » May 16th, 2016, 11:10 pm

Sorry, I didn't mean the show was bad and that's why it tarnished the brand - I never watched the show so I wouldn't know. What I meant was that it just didn't attract viewers and dragging a low-rated show along could tarnish the brand, especially if it dropped low enough for the media to start talking about it (example; Wicked City). I suppose I should've been clearer or at least used a different word.
(I wouldn't put much hope in Netflix picking it up either, because recently it seems Netflix is more interested in doing their own shows than picking up leftovers. Perhaps Hulu, they did save The Mindy Project, but they failed to save Hannibal so even that is a crap shoot. But those sites don't publish ratings so it wouldn't be a thing on them.)

As for online petitions they certainly don't hurt, but I've seen way too many people put so much stock in them when there's really no evidence that they help in any way at all.

Manic Monday
(not really, but...)

Finally CBS has done some things, but first lets talk about The X-Files, which is renewed because it will be back when its convenient for everybody but that probably won't be until the 2017/18 season. So renewed but probably won't air in the upcoming season. Still a renewal is a renewal is a renewal so my FOX score is also a 100%

Now to CBS - Code Black, The Odd Couple, and Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders have been renewed while Rush Hour has been canceled. Still no news on Limitless considering the recent news that it was being shopped around, though I guess it's possible CBS wanted to see if anyone else would pick it up before deciding to (or not) themselves.

CBS

Canceled

Person of Interest
Mike & Molly
The Good Wife
Angel From Hell

Supergirl *
CSI: Cyber
Rush Hour

Unknown

Limitless

Renewed

Code Black
Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders
Elementary
Supergirl
Madam Secretary
Hawaii 5-0
Blue Bloods
NCIS: Los Angeles
2 Broke Girls
Mom
Criminal Minds
Life in Pieces
NCIS: New Orleans
Scorpion
NCIS
The Big Bang Theory

CBS Prediction Score: -1, * because CBS canceled Supergirl - yes, the CW picked it up, but the CW is not CBS. And I have Limitless as a toss up so that is a final score.

RJDiogenes

#44 Post by RJDiogenes » May 17th, 2016, 10:21 pm

PhoenixHope wrote:Sorry, I didn't mean the show was bad and that's why it tarnished the brand - I never watched the show so I wouldn't know. What I meant was that it just didn't attract viewers and dragging a low-rated show along could tarnish the brand, especially if it dropped low enough for the media to start talking about it (example; Wicked City). I suppose I should've been clearer or at least used a different word.
That's okay, I got it. I wonder how that would work out, though. I remember when Supernatural was new and struggling, it got some good publicity from the CW hanging in there with it.
(I wouldn't put much hope in Netflix picking it up either, because recently it seems Netflix is more interested in doing their own shows than picking up leftovers. Perhaps Hulu, they did save The Mindy Project, but they failed to save Hannibal so even that is a crap shoot. But those sites don't publish ratings so it wouldn't be a thing on them.)
I think the reason that Netflix springs to everyone's mind is that's where Daredevil and the other Marvel shows are. But I don't care where it is, as long as it exists and comes to DVD eventually. :D
As for online petitions they certainly don't hurt, but I've seen way too many people put so much stock in them when there's really no evidence that they help in any way at all.
Yeah, I doubt if it will do much good. But this sort of thing did get Serenity and The Peacemaker Wars made, so who knows? Not to mention Star Trek. And the petition is now up to 80k. 8)