Hyperlight 3 - The Wisdom of Ages Past

The place to discuss yogurt and other topics of culture or even create some of your own!

Moderator: RJDiogenes

Jim Gamma

Hyperlight 3 - The Wisdom of Ages Past

#1 Post by Jim Gamma » June 16th, 2016, 8:28 pm

With Earth on the verge of discovering hyperlight, Captain Hinsharis of the AEV Umbra elects to accelerate her ship's investigation into the presence of Selene's first hyperlight vessel, Explorer One, in Earth's solar system two millennia ago. The base her crew uncovered two months ago in Canterbury has led them to locate the landing sites of Explorer's nine remaining escape pods, and with time running out as experiments at CERN progress apace, she sends three teams to investigate. Lieutenant Orrin Varr leads his team to Kyoto, Japan, where they'll explore the mysteries of ancient Japanese tales, alongside an old friend and a new ally. Meanwhile, his sister Jekka and her girlfriend Alliko Mavell travel to Rome, Italy, combining a business trip for their Earth-based employers with an investigation of their own. Lieutenant Erivex Paternas takes a third team to Kansas City, Missouri, and discovers far more about the crew of the Explorer than she ever thought possible.

The Umbra has its own emergency to handle in orbit of Mars, when a chance inspection of the communications array leads to the discovery of a double agent on the senior staff of the ship. With its orbit degrading rapidly, Cadet Rasson Tereena leads the charge to capture their mole and rescue their stranded crew. Only then can the search for Explorer One - and the reason for the millennia-long interaction between Earth and hyperlight society - truly begin.

Mobi - EPub - PDF
Last edited by Jim Gamma on June 16th, 2016, 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RJDiogenes

Re: Hyperlight 3 - The Wisdom of Ages Past

#2 Post by RJDiogenes » June 16th, 2016, 10:38 pm

^^ That's five stars. :D

I've just read this recently and it's a great third chapter in the saga. It really ramps things up, and there were several twists that took me by surprise. :)
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)