CW Fall 2016/17 Schedule Revealed:

Latest breaking news and comments along with posters reviews

Moderators: PhoenixHope, Grim

PhoenixHope
Administrators

CW Fall 2016/17 Schedule Revealed:

#1 Post by PhoenixHope » May 20th, 2016, 12:07 am

Frequency trailer - No Tomorrow trailer - apparently Riverdale doesn't get one.

The CW’s schedule for fall, which will debut in October. All times are ET/PT, and new shows are in bold.

Monday

8 p.m. “Supergirl” (moved from CBS)
9 p.m. “Jane the Virgin”

Tuesday

8 p.m. “The Flash”
9 p.m. “No Tomorrow

Wednesday

8 p.m. “Arrow”
9 p.m. “Frequency

Thursday

8 p.m. “Legends of Tomorrow”
9 p.m. “Supernatural”

Friday

8 p.m. “The Vampire Diaries”
9 p.m. “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend”

So a couple things - The 100, iZombie, The Originals, Reign, and new series Riverdale are on tap for mid-season. None of those are really a surprise, except Riverdale, and considering this season with Legends of Tomorrow not a great big surprise.

Also, according to Mark-P he believes Supergirl will be a top three performer for the network this coming season - he's probably not wrong - I sorta expect it to hang at least around Arrow type numbers. And finally he says Re: The Vampire Diaries eight season "no decision has been made one way or the other [as to] whether this is the final season." Right now though I'm (Hope) leaning toward it being a final season.

Finally the number of episodes for some (all?) aren't yet decided Mark-P says the network will make those decisions in the next week or so.
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

Re: CW Fall 2016/17 Schedule Revealed:

#2 Post by RJDiogenes » May 20th, 2016, 10:38 pm

They're one superhero show short of having one per night. :D
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#3 Post by PhoenixHope » June 21st, 2016, 10:37 pm

Still don't know number of episodes ordered for CW shows, except for Supergirl which was already announced as twenty two. However, the CW has revealed premiere dates, which can at least tell us which shows will potentionally have full seasons.
(As a general rule only shows starting in the fall have full seasons.)

Here is the premiere schedule. All times are ET/PT, with new shows in italics.

Tuesday, Oct. 4

8 p.m. “The Flash”
9 p.m. “No Tomorrow

Wednesday, Oct. 5

8 p.m. “Arrow”
9 p.m. “Frequency

Thursday, Oct. 6

8 p.m. “iHeartRadio Music Festival” night one (two hours)

Friday, Oct. 7

8 p.m. “iHeartRadio Music Festival” night two (two hours)

Monday, Oct. 10

8 p.m. “Supergirl

Thursday, Oct. 13

8 p.m. “Legends of Tomorrow”
9 p.m. “Supernatural”

Monday, Oct. 17

9 p.m. “Jane the Virgin”

Friday, Oct. 21

8 p.m. “The Vampire Diaries”
9 p.m. “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend”

Supergirl new to the CW.

And I seriously doubt (though I could be wrong) Crazy Ex-Girlfriend will get a full season I also expect one or both newbies will only air a half season whether successful or not. But still it appears The Originals won't be getting a full forth season unless it airs into summer. Here's the list of shows (other than the ones above) the th CW has for the coming season: Reign, The 100, iZombie, and newbie Riverdale. So I think we might see some creative scheduling from the CW this coming season.

In other CW news: The CW and Hulu are parting ways (the existing deal is believed to expire in early October) while the CW and Netflix are getting back in bed together.
The total pricetag of the deal is tricky to estimate for Netflix because it involves so many shows and variables such as escalators that kick in depending on how long a series has been on the air and how it performs. But it is sure to rank as one of the largest output deals in the SVOD arena to date with value that could exceed $1 billion.

The deal is believed to run five years, with a tail that gives Netflix access to the CW library for several years after each series ends its run on the network. The deal covers domestic rights to the shows, not the vast expanse of Netflix’s worldwide footprint. It also marks the closest window Netflix has ever secured to the in-season period for primetime entertainment series.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

#4 Post by RJDiogenes » June 22nd, 2016, 10:08 pm

I wonder how they figure streaming service access like Hulu or Netflix into their ratings. If something got really bad ratings on cable, but was hugely successful on Netflix, would they keep it alive? Or maybe just make it exclusively Netflix?

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#5 Post by PhoenixHope » June 23rd, 2016, 12:28 am

I doubt it unless Netflix/Hulu/whatever was willing to pay for it (as in picking up the show themselves), because networks/studios aren't going to lose money just to keep a show alive, but if said show was popular enough streaming then some streaming service might be willing to foot the bill, but I doubt it would continue to air on a network.

PS - Because of certain real life issues I didn't mention (though I meant too) that it is possible that Legends of Tomorrow and/or The Vampire Diaries could end up being half seasons as well. Mainly I was just trying to point out that its more likely than not that all the mid season starters will be short seasons, but even then a couple of fall starters will probably have to be as well.

RJDiogenes

#6 Post by RJDiogenes » June 23rd, 2016, 10:12 pm

Hmm. I wouldn't be surprised by Vampire Diaries, since it seems to be winding down, but I'd think they'd want a full season for Legends.