Enterprise: "Home"

For all general Sci-fi and Fantasy discussions, be it books, TV or movies

Moderator: PhoenixHope

Kira's Mom

Enterprise: "Home"

#1 Post by Kira's Mom » October 23rd, 2004, 2:46 am

Wow! This episode rocked!!! :D :D Possible spoilers...

Great stuff. Much Archer angst, T'pol vs. mom, Reed and Travis in a bar fight...Phlox experiencing xenophobia, Archer vs. Soval, Archer gets some! And that ending... :shock: :( :cry: Poor Trip. Koss is a DORK!!!!

Discuss!!
"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"- Dr. Maturin, HMS Surprise

Tricorder

#2 Post by Tricorder » October 23rd, 2004, 4:22 am

Yeah, I really liked this episode. Great character development for most of them. And it was a good change of pace. But what I don't don't understand was Hoshi and nanites? Did I miss something?

HopefulNebula

#3 Post by HopefulNebula » October 23rd, 2004, 4:52 am

Gonna see it ASAP but can't wait. Poor Trip.
Nebby@Dreamwidth - Nebby@Twitter

Quote of the Whenever:

"Oh, great. I come back from the dead and first thing I see is an iPod trying to kill me."

Rocketman
Technical guru

#4 Post by Rocketman » October 23rd, 2004, 5:58 am

Wow. I downloaded that fully expecting it to be a steaming pile of Reptillian Xindi poop. I was surprised to find myself enjoying it 15 minutes into the episode.

Some notes:
  • A dumb schmuck picking a fight in a bar. It's been done to death. How come Enterprise gets it wrong? The scene is saved by Phlox's unexpected 'blowfish' reaction, though.
  • T'Mom only got the hang of this "Vulcan" thing halfway through the episode.
  • Can we please stop the "Emotional T'Pol" thing? Blalock's acting was actually passable when she wasn't speaking through gritted teeth all the time.

Best character of the episode: Koss. They really did something unexpected by making the character sympathetic and likeable.

KindredWolf

#5 Post by KindredWolf » October 23rd, 2004, 7:03 am

Yeah, it's real believable that REAL vulcans would kick her mom out of the science ministry because of something Tentpoll did. Someone tell me the logic in it? Oh that's right, there isn't any. Because B&B are complete fucktards.

UPN... the only frontier (that would allow this shite to stay on as long as it has). These are the voyages of the Starship Akiraprise, her mission; to put scantily clad lust-filled women on screen to raise ratings. To boldy go where every other Star Trek series has gone before. To fuck up continuity and turn out putrescent crap every chance they can! dooowoowooooooOOOWOOOooooooooo dooooOOOoOOOOOOOoooooOOooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dun dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!

Other than that it was pretty good.

Rocketman
Technical guru

#6 Post by Rocketman » October 23rd, 2004, 7:12 am

KindredWolf wrote:Yeah, it's real believable that REAL vulcans would kick her mom out of the science ministry because of something Tentpoll did. Someone tell me the logic in it? Oh that's right, there isn't any. Because B&B are complete fucktards.

Yeah, I agree it's not something we'd expect of real Vulcans, but it somehow fits the Xenophobic Vulcans that have been foisted on us ever since DS9, Star Trek's equivalent of the Jerry Springer show(1).

As much as I hate to say it, Vulcans XP now have far more screen time than the 'real' Vulcans ever had, so the best we can hope for is a synthesis between the two. :cry:

(1). Lots of fighting. Lots of people yapping on about how bad-ass they are. Explosive relationships. And a feeling of déja vu every week.

CrimsonRavage

#7 Post by CrimsonRavage » October 24th, 2004, 4:16 am

I thought the episode was ok.

They sure were promoting Brent Spiner's appearence next week, huh?

T'Bonz

#8 Post by T'Bonz » October 24th, 2004, 7:27 am

Good episode. I really enjoyed this one.

And I rather liked Kos. ;)

Tricorder

#9 Post by Tricorder » October 24th, 2004, 8:24 am

T'Bonz liking enterprise? Are you feeling alright? ;) :D

Ulva

#10 Post by Ulva » October 24th, 2004, 2:20 pm

KindredWolf wrote:Yeah, it's real believable that REAL vulcans would kick her mom out of the science ministry because of something Tentpoll did. Someone tell me the logic in it? Oh that's right, there isn't any. Because B&B are complete fucktards.

That's not the real reason why T'Mom left IMO... We will get the real reason in the Vulcan arc...

I relly liked this ep! Exit: TCW and alien Nazis, enter: great storytelling... I'm so looking forward to the rest of the season! And I still like Archer! :D
Oh you feisty little girl! ROAR - Angry Angel

Rid

#11 Post by Rid » October 24th, 2004, 5:22 pm

Since I got over my dislike for Enterprise and just enjoyed it for what it is, I am liking it alot more now...and this ep was ok.
I like the cast for this crew on Enterprise....and Jolene would make an excellent Scandinav :lol: :P :angel: :wink:
Time is up....

HopefulNebula

#12 Post by HopefulNebula » October 24th, 2004, 6:03 pm

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed this. Except for the fact that she marries the wrong guy. And the scenes between Archer and what's-her-face were IMO rather annoying.
Nebby@Dreamwidth - Nebby@Twitter

Quote of the Whenever:

"Oh, great. I come back from the dead and first thing I see is an iPod trying to kill me."

Mikel Sevrel

#13 Post by Mikel Sevrel » October 24th, 2004, 7:02 pm

I enjoyed it. I can't wait to see how the new breed of Vulcans are taken down after the Eugenics arc.
There is a hole in your mind

KindredWolf

#14 Post by KindredWolf » October 24th, 2004, 8:42 pm

Eugenics arc? WTF are you talking about? O_o

The Eugenics wars happened in the 1990's :P

Rocketman
Technical guru

#15 Post by Rocketman » October 24th, 2004, 8:48 pm

's not going to be about the war any more than Space Seed was :p

Tricorder

#16 Post by Tricorder » October 24th, 2004, 8:53 pm

Yeah, besides the 1990's already happened. They have to push the date forward because back in the 60's the 90's was considered futuristic.

Rocketman
Technical guru

#17 Post by Rocketman » October 24th, 2004, 9:05 pm

They're going to do The Right Thing(tm) and not mention the date at all.

Don't create conflicts with canon unless you absolutely need to.

Tricorder

#18 Post by Tricorder » October 24th, 2004, 9:34 pm

Yeah, exactly.

KindredWolf

#19 Post by KindredWolf » October 25th, 2004, 1:01 am

I just saw the promo for the new episode.. eugenics guys.

Oh happy day! We get to see them fuck with continuity again! yay!

dot dot dot

*eyeroll*

Rocketman
Technical guru

#20 Post by Rocketman » October 25th, 2004, 1:32 am

Er, yeah. In what way do eugenics guys violate continuity?

KindredWolf

#21 Post by KindredWolf » October 25th, 2004, 4:40 am

I don't know, I just want to bitch ;)

Alrik

#22 Post by Alrik » October 26th, 2004, 6:03 pm

Tricoder
Not nannites, parasites. It's what the Reptilians injected Hoshi with to try to control her mind and get her to crack the final launch code.

Wow. This was a very good episode. There was a lot about it that I really liked.

I thought Manny having Archer refer to "Captain" Jefferies as the ships designer was a nice touch.
I like the Debriefing, and the fact that Archer had to answer for his actions in the Expanse.
The continuity in the exchange between Archer and Hernandez regarding torture and the stranding of innocent people was great. Instead of glossing it over, Coto has chosen to make Archer deal with it. Leading to Archer's self doubt and then realization that, "I've lost something out there."
Vulcan
T'Les - Very mysterious. Looking forward to seeing how she plays out.
Koss – Maybe T’Pol isn’t into nice, safe guys.
T’Pol’s character development, by way of T’Les.
T’Les and Trip’s interaction. Especially the look of realization on her face when she tempts Trip with, “It’s not too late”, yet he refuses for T’Pol’s sake.
The final exchange between Archer and Soval. Soval was very Sarek like. The scene actually reminded me of both the Sarek/Spock exchange at the end of ST:IV, and the Sarek/Kirk exchange at the end of ST:III. I get the impression that Manny wants our Vulcans back as bad as we do.

Rocketman
Technical guru

#23 Post by Rocketman » October 26th, 2004, 6:10 pm

Alrik wrote:I thought Manny having Archer refer to "Captain" Jefferies as the ships designer was a nice touch.

I'm not too charmed by the association of Jefferies with the NX class..

Alrik wrote:The final exchange between Archer and Soval. Soval was very Sarek like. The scene actually reminded me of both the Sarek/Spock exchange at the end of ST:IV, and the Sarek/Kirk exchange at the end of ST:III. I get the impression that Manny wants our Vulcans back as bad as we do.

That exchange made me punch a hole in the air. I don't care if it's completely out-of-character for Soval, finally we're getting rid of the dumb, nasty Vulcans we've been made to watch ever since DS9.

Alrik

#24 Post by Alrik » October 26th, 2004, 6:31 pm

Rocketman wrote:
I'm not too charmed by the association of Jefferies with the NX class..

While I understand where you are coming from, I couldn’t disagree more. Manny has stated repeatedly that he wants to bring Enterprise back into the Star Trek Universe, and make it believable that this is the pre TOS era. As fans, many of us know that IRL Matt Jeffries was the designer of the original Enterprise, and that the Jefferies Tube was named for him. But I thought it was a nice touch to have Jefferies named on screen as a ship designer, not only as an homage to him, but as a nod to continuity as well. After all, for as much time as all of the series seem to spend crawling around them, it’s kind of nice to know who they were named for.
:wink: :lol:
It's five o'clock somewhere...

I find it distasteful to have a battle of the wits with an unarmed opponent.

Rid

#25 Post by Rid » October 26th, 2004, 8:26 pm

Heh actually I do not care if they screw around with "canon"...huh what is this?? Religion?? :lol:
I am pleasently surprised and enjoys the stories told, and once again I really like this cast more and more.
It is heads and shoulders over anything Voyager ever did.
I like this as much as TNG and DS9 plus the Classic series.
Very gritty and fun.
Time is up....