Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (possible spoilers)

"The stuff dreams are made of."

Moderator: PhoenixHope

Theophilus

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (possible spoilers)

#1 Post by Theophilus » July 17th, 2009, 1:31 pm

I don't have much time right now to post a full review. I just wanted to post this and hope that Mistress Hope will grace us with an appearance and coment in this thread.

To die, in the rain.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (possible spoilers)

#2 Post by PhoenixHope » August 1st, 2009, 5:06 am

Theophilus wrote:I just wanted to post this and hope that Mistress Hope will grace us with an appearance and coment in this thread.

WISH GRANTED

However, I don't really have anything to say about the movie, because I haven't seen it. I be waiting for the Netflix.

Of course, I think we all know that I hate the pairings this movie is offering, but that doesn't mean I'll hate the movie itself. I mean I hated those pairings in the book but still really like Book Six itself.

Still I don't think I'll love any Potter movie as much as I did Movie Five. Book Five kind of sucked, but Movie Five rocked so hard!
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

Theophilus

#3 Post by Theophilus » August 6th, 2009, 3:06 am

I have a feeling that any good HP fan will be disappointed in the movie. Or at least, I certainly was. They should have called it Harry Potter and the Half of the Bloody Book! It seemed to be just random mishmash of elements from the book thrown around the romantic bits. I mean they explain who the Half Blood Prince is in a simple throw-away line for Christ's sake!

It was to me the worst adaptation of the books yet.

To die, in the rain.

RJDiogenes

#4 Post by RJDiogenes » August 7th, 2009, 1:12 am

I think I heard that they originally planned to make two movies out of the book. Sounds like they should have gone with that. I don't know how they will ever squeeze the final book into one movie....
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

Grim

#5 Post by Grim » August 7th, 2009, 6:55 am

They're not, Deathly Hallows will be two movies. Which does make me wonder where they'll split it, as all the good stuff's in the second half of the book, the first half's mostly being stuck in a bloody tent...

RJDiogenes

#6 Post by RJDiogenes » August 8th, 2009, 1:13 am

Heh, that's right. :lol:
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

Theophilus

#7 Post by Theophilus » August 8th, 2009, 4:29 am

*insert joke about Ron pitching a tent*

To die, in the rain.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#8 Post by PhoenixHope » August 8th, 2009, 8:07 pm

See, I don't understand why they're splitting the seventh book into two movies - there's nothing but a whole bunch of boring ass camping in the seventh book... *sigh* Now if they decided to show more of what Neville, Luna, and Ginny are doing at Hogwarts then that would be good, but I don't actually see why they'd need two movies for even that. So, I know we'll end up watching the trios boring ass camping non-adventures for two movies. GAH!

(That's right, I liked Book Six more than Book Seven, so I know I'm an oddball.)

Plus, I am still just a little bit bitter that they didn't split the fourth book into two movies, if there was any Potter book that needed two movies it was in my opinion the fourth one.

Theophilus, I was a bit afraid of that once I heard the cast start talking about how they felt like they were filming a romantic comedy (not an exact quote.). Personally, I wish they'd done the romances just as they'd been done in the books not because I liked them (I didn't), but because I think doing the romances just as they were done in the books would have at least been amusing.
(For example, picture the chest monster bursting out of Dan's (Harry's) chest every time he saw Ginny - amusing.)
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#9 Post by PhoenixHope » December 29th, 2009, 11:17 pm

Wellllll, yesterday I went to do some post-Christmas shopping - me had gift cards and Christmas cash to blow. *grin*

And they had the two-disc Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince with the cover that goes from Harry and Dumbledore to Malfoy and Snape... And I decided what the hell? I had a gift card to use, so I just bought the damn thing.

I almost with with Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, and probably should have, but that movie was still listed at twenty dollars for a single disc, where as Harry Potter was also around twenty dollars, but was a two disc set.

Anyway, it didn't suck ass, it was better than I was expecting, except the movie should've had more LUNA! I love the character from the books, and I also adore the actress playing her, so my thought is that more Luna would've lifted this movie from just not sucking into awesome, or at least good-land.

The downside was that by the time I sat down the watch the damn thing I had a MONSTER of a headache, so I just watched without jotting down thoughts as I did so, which means I'm not going to review it today. Though I will say (to my amusement) the relationships in the movie weren't really that much changed from the books. Still somehow Harry/Ginny managed not to suck as bad on the screen as it did in the books, but it wasn't great enough on the screen to make me leave my Harry/Ginny hating ways behind.

And the movie is almost two and a half hours long, so I have no idea when I'll find time to actually watch it again. Still while it is no movie five (which is the most awesome Potter movie to date) I don't regret actually buying it over renting it.