Monet!

The place to discuss yogurt and other topics of culture or even create some of your own!

Moderator: RJDiogenes

Theophilus

Monet!

#1 Post by Theophilus » March 21st, 2010, 1:01 pm

One of my absolute favorite artists. I visit art museums, and stand there, transfixed by the sheer beauty of his work. For me, time and space disappear, there is just me and his paintings there. Gradually, I come out of my trance, and notice people staring at me staring at Monet. It is almost comical.

A brief blurb about Monet from wikipedia...

Oscar Claude Monet (14 November 1840 – 5 December 1926)[1] was a founder of French impressionist painting, and the most consistent and prolific practitioner of the movement's philosophy of expressing one's perceptions before nature, especially as applied to plein-air landscape painting.[2] The term Impressionism is derived from the title of his painting Impression, Sunrise (Impression, soleil levant).

I'll post some pictures of his later. So what do you guys think of Monet?

To die, in the rain.

RJDiogenes

Re: Monet!

#2 Post by RJDiogenes » March 21st, 2010, 11:55 pm

Monet changes everything. :lol:

I like Monet. He's not my favorite artist, but he did some wonderful natural landscapes. There's a picture of a footbridge and a weeping willow, I think, that I really like. And one of a flowered hillside with clouds in a blue sky.
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

curiousa2z

Re: Monet!

#3 Post by curiousa2z » March 24th, 2010, 2:23 pm

Like him very much, too - am looking forward to seeing which of his works are your faves, Theo.

p.s. your reaction is the same one I have for van Gogh...must be hilarious for the guards!
SHINY!