Post Every Time You Enter #2

The friendly forum for chat and perhaps a virtual coffee

Moderators: Duracell, KatyJane, Aurian

huggle

Re: Post Every Time You Enter #2

#2126 Post by huggle » March 22nd, 2012, 6:35 pm

Good evening :)
Well, if it's a good one for me is yet to be determined. The plumber couldn't find any fault with the valve of my radiator and rather suspects one of the pumps. He changed the settings and instructed me to switch it off in case the noise occurs again. If the noise stops, it is the pump. (yeah, and what if it doesn't and isn't??!)

Slowly but surely all the stress is beginning to show. I can hardly sleep, I'm totally tense all the time, constantly expecting the noise to occur again any second. My pulse and blood pressure are off the scale and I'd love to either scream or roll up in a corner and cry. If the plumber doesn't get a grip on the problem I'll need a psychologist. Actually, I already called one but only got an appointment in mid-may. I doubt I'll survive till then. It's moments like this where I regret being single. It'd be good to have a shoulder to lean on.
Well, in the worst case I really gotta move.
a hug a day keeps the psychatrist away

RJDiogenes

#2127 Post by RJDiogenes » March 22nd, 2012, 10:57 pm

Good evening, everybody. Image

It was 81 degrees today. :D
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

RJDiogenes

#2128 Post by RJDiogenes » March 23rd, 2012, 9:06 am

Good morning, everyone. Image

It's Friday! Image

huggle

#2129 Post by huggle » March 23rd, 2012, 1:48 pm

YAY!!!! :)

Santaman
Administrators

#2130 Post by Santaman » March 23rd, 2012, 2:24 pm

Weekend is here.. good. :sleepy:
""Revenge is a dish best served fried... deep fried!" (Alestorm)" (Alestorm.)
Cutthroat Coffee, The Pirate's Choice!

curiousa2z

#2131 Post by curiousa2z » March 23rd, 2012, 2:33 pm

raining.... good for my flowers! Also, it will hopefully shut up all those peeps who have to bitch about SOMEthing. "oh, this warm spring means we'll be having a drought!" We live on a GREAT LAKE in Canada. there will be no droughts here. OMG. :roll:
SHINY!

RJDiogenes

#2132 Post by RJDiogenes » March 23rd, 2012, 11:00 pm

^^ I'm actually a little worried that we will have drought. We had almost no snow this Winter, although I think we had a good amount of rain.

Good evening, everyone. Image

The weekend is here at last. I thought this day would never end. :shock:

RJDiogenes

#2133 Post by RJDiogenes » March 23rd, 2012, 11:07 pm

huggle wrote:Good evening :)
Well, if it's a good one for me is yet to be determined. The plumber couldn't find any fault with the valve of my radiator and rather suspects one of the pumps. He changed the settings and instructed me to switch it off in case the noise occurs again. If the noise stops, it is the pump. (yeah, and what if it doesn't and isn't??!)

Slowly but surely all the stress is beginning to show. I can hardly sleep, I'm totally tense all the time, constantly expecting the noise to occur again any second. My pulse and blood pressure are off the scale and I'd love to either scream or roll up in a corner and cry. If the plumber doesn't get a grip on the problem I'll need a psychologist. Actually, I already called one but only got an appointment in mid-may. I doubt I'll survive till then. It's moments like this where I regret being single. It'd be good to have a shoulder to lean on.
Well, in the worst case I really gotta move.

Oops, looks like I missed this post somehow-- must have not clicked on next page. Is the plumber going to come back and look at the pumps? I'm sorry you're so stressed out. Would it help if you bought a pair of those hearing protection headsets or earplugs or something?

huggle

#2134 Post by huggle » March 24th, 2012, 7:35 am

I do have earplugs but there is what we Germans call "scull hearing" - I'm not sure about the English term. Sounds are not only heard by the ears themselves but also by the vibrations the scull itself catches. And those can't be blocked out completely, else you'd suffocate.

The plumber will be back if I call him. So far the heating hasn't started hooting again and after 2 nights of undisturbed sleep I'm regaining composure and starting to relax. The heating has been silent for days and even weeks before, so it'll take a while till I can trust the peace completely, but atm it looks good.

What looks bad, though, is that this will be a short weekend: we'll switch to this darned daylight saving time tonight :?

Here it looks like a dry year as well. Apart from about 1.5 feet of snow and 2 rainy days we had no precipitation since Christmas.
Yesterday in teh late afternoon we had the first thunderstorm with a few drops of rain (hardly worth mentioning - it practically evaporated at once) and a few showers of hail, the size of very small peas. The crocuses look a bit worn but other than that there was no damage.

RJDiogenes

#2135 Post by RJDiogenes » March 24th, 2012, 9:10 am

^^ Yeah, I don't think we have any special term for it, but I know how the sound vibrations can travel through the bones. I'm glad the hooting has stopped.

Today I must get an inspection sticker for my car. I hope it doesn't need any work. I want to buy a new laptop ASAP.

curiousa2z

#2136 Post by curiousa2z » March 24th, 2012, 2:08 pm

great amounts of rain again. flowers growing beautifully in my garden, crops greening up in famers' fields. Just because the gratted SNOW left early needn't mean the spring rains won't come. I much prefer the latter.
tonight's the auction for my and the other artists' work!

I hope the source of the stressful sound is located soon, huggle.
SHINY!

huggle

#2137 Post by huggle » March 24th, 2012, 5:56 pm

We had a frosty night, a rainly morning and then really hot sunshine. I tried to read on my terrace but even with an umbrella the sun was too hot. Atm it's raining again and there's a distant rumble and purple-black sky that looks much like a fat thunderstorm approaching.
Typical Bavarian April weather.

On the positive side: during those 6 hours of sun, 2 loads of laundry got completely dry :)

RJDiogenes

#2138 Post by RJDiogenes » March 24th, 2012, 9:13 pm

^^ No thunderstorms here yet. I'm looking forward to them.

My car passed inspection without any repairs. :) And I get my annual bonus on Monday. So now I will start looking for an inexpensive laptop on Overstock.com. If I can find something cheap enough, I will also get an art tablet. I have wanted one of those for a long time.

curiousa2z wrote:tonight's the auction for my and the other artists' work!

Good luck! I wish I could bid.

ghost07

#2139 Post by ghost07 » March 24th, 2012, 11:36 pm

we've expected rain all day...the sky is nearly black, but so far, no rain...maybe tomorrow it'll get here. the temps are already going down; it's supposed to be pretty cold next week, in the 40's...they even call for snow showers...glad I haven't planted anything yet.
Where there is life, there is hope

RJDiogenes

#2140 Post by RJDiogenes » March 25th, 2012, 9:16 am

^^ It got chilly here again overnight, but it still has that feeling of Spring in the air.

I have a few things I need to catch up on today, but I'll probably fall asleep. :lol:

Santaman
Administrators

#2141 Post by Santaman » March 25th, 2012, 12:12 pm

Blergh, i've got a cold.. :sneaky:

curiousa2z

#2142 Post by curiousa2z » March 25th, 2012, 3:33 pm

Sunday! a day of rest!
yesterday was a whirlwind: I watched my fave footy team while cleaning out one room of the basement; tutored in the afternoon, then headed to the art gallery to check on the bid on my piece; charged over to the community centre to catch half of the young musicians' (the ones I was cheering for got through!) competition; charged back home to get ready for the auction; attended the auction, shmoozed til the bidding was finished; charged back home to change again, charged down to the rec centre to support my fave singer trying to get a spot in 2012's summer music festival..just missed her, alas. The quality that I saw was kinda meh..folks told me the better groups had been earlier. Oh well. Got caught up with some pals so it was still good. And at the end my friend's group made it!
p.s. my piece raised $300! :D
SHINY!

RJDiogenes

#2143 Post by RJDiogenes » March 25th, 2012, 9:51 pm

^^ Life in the fast lane! :D Congratulations on the $300. They got a bargain, though. ;)

Today was fairly productive. And I even squeezed in a walk, despite the chilliness-- no naps, though, so maybe I'll sleep better tonight.

Santaman wrote:Blergh, i've got a cold.. :sneaky:

Bummer. I hope you feel better quickly.

KatyJane

#2144 Post by KatyJane » March 26th, 2012, 4:03 am

Back to work tomorrow. One day off is never adequate, but then I only have to work two days and then I get two days off.

RJDiogenes

#2145 Post by RJDiogenes » March 26th, 2012, 9:14 am

^^ But then, two days off is not adequate either. :D

And another Bot bites the dust....

huggle

#2146 Post by huggle » March 26th, 2012, 10:23 am

good morning :)

Yet another Monday *sigh*. I'd much prefer a Friday..
On the positive side, I got news from a friend I hadn't heard of in years. I shall try to lure him here. He's terribly nice but rather shy.

The hamster is quite happy about the current weather: lots of fresh dandelion and the first daisies. He even gets up early atm so that he can run free a bit before I go to bed. (In winter he wouldn't get up before 11 pm)

Santaman
Administrators

#2147 Post by Santaman » March 26th, 2012, 12:06 pm

Cold has developed into sore throat and a fever, nice.. :sneaky:

curiousa2z

#2148 Post by curiousa2z » March 26th, 2012, 4:13 pm

oh poor Santy. feel better!

got cold here again...knew that freakish weather wouldn't last.

a Christian group wanted to pass out Gideon Bibles at the schools. But first the School Board was going to pay for printing out permission slips to send to parents to find out if they want their kids to recieve the bibles! My tax money! Knowing that we have ample access to religion based private schools, as well as ample access to bibles, I signed a petition against the whole shebang, with the following comment:
"Respectfully, freedom of religion also includes freedom from religion. It is not logical to support the expense of any religious materials or agendas in a secular school system."
(heh..notice my nod to Spock, as today is Leonard Nimoy's birthday ;) )
SHINY!

huggle

#2149 Post by huggle » March 26th, 2012, 4:14 pm

awww :( Poor Santy! *hugs*

Can you get malt candy in NL? They help best against a sore throat. I could send you some but with the speed (or opposite of, rather) of German Post they'd propably arrive for Christmas..

To lower the fever, wrap moist lukewarm towels around your calfs and exchange them when they get uncomfortably hot. Put a plastic bag under your legs, else it gets messy. It's an infallible old trick. Within 15 mins the temperature goes down several degrees.

ghost07

#2150 Post by ghost07 » March 26th, 2012, 5:10 pm

{{{HUGS}}} to Santa...and some chicken broth, too.

it went from 78 degrees right down to 33 degrees here. what a difference! I'm freezing!
Where there is life, there is hope