NBC REVEALS CHANGES FOR MID-SEASON 2013

Latest breaking news and comments along with posters reviews

Moderators: PhoenixHope, Grim

PhoenixHope
Administrators

NBC REVEALS CHANGES FOR MID-SEASON 2013

#1 Post by PhoenixHope » October 30th, 2012, 9:31 pm

Long (LONG) break coming for Revolution fans.

via Press Release

-- “The Voice” Begins Fourth Cycle March 25/26

-- The Season's Newest Hit “Revolution” Returns March 25

Long breaks have tended (in the past) to hurt shows like Revolution, so making sure not to break up The Voice/Revolution combo might be their way of trying to combat that.
(But if Revolution goes off before Thanksgiving that's gonna be a long long break, and even if it comes back with an episode or two in December that's still a long break.)

SERIES PREMIERES:

-- New Drama “Deception” (Formerly “Infamous”) January 7

-- New Comedy “1600 Penn” January 10

-- New Relationship Series "Ready For Love" from Eva Longoria March 31

ANTICIPATED RETURNS:

-- “The Voice” Begins Fourth Cycle March 25/26

-- The Season's Newest Hit “Revolution” Returns March 25

-- "The Biggest Loser" Weighs in January 6/7 with Return of Jillian Michaels

-- “Smash” Dances Back to the Schedule February 5 with Oscar Winner Jennifer Hudson

-- “Community” Returns February 7

--“The Celebrity Apprentice” Debuts March 3

-- “Betty White’s Off Their Rockers” Comes Back January 8
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

Re: NBC REVEALS CHANGES FOR MID-SEASON 2013

#2 Post by RJDiogenes » October 31st, 2012, 10:46 pm

I understand the logic behind that at all.
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#3 Post by PhoenixHope » November 13th, 2012, 11:08 pm

Funny how it takes a system bug to make me realize there was a reply here. Oops.

I think you made a typo or left an entire word out, because "I understand the logic behind that at all" doesn't quite make sense.

However, I think I do understand the logic behind this because The Voice is THE highest rated show NBC has period, and it has shown in the past that it will perform as well in spring as it does winter. So it does make a certain amount of sense that NBC belives making sure Revolution never airs without The Voice lead-in will keep it from sinking in the ratings like other genre shows have been known to do after a break.

Or maybe I just like the delay personally because it totally clears up a scheduling problem I'd personally have. One reason I was iffy on starting Revolution in the first place was because I knew it would lead to a conflict in January when Pretty Little Liars returned (Jan. thru March). Yes, PLL airs at seven, but the encore (that I'd have to watch, because of another scheduling conflict) airs at nine the same time as Revolution which means I'd have to not watch one of them, and while I like Revolution better than I thought I would I'd still choose PLL, but now thanks to NBC delaying Revolutions return it means the winter run of Pretty Little Liars will be finished before Revolution comes back so no conflict (and therefore no hard choice) for me. YAY!
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

#4 Post by RJDiogenes » November 14th, 2012, 12:25 am

Yeah, I meant to say I "don't" understand. :blush: :lol:

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#5 Post by PhoenixHope » November 14th, 2012, 1:50 am

I'm just kinda glad I won't have to miss any Revolution, because I really want to know more about those magical power providing necklaces, and they have to be magical, because seriously after fifteen years there's just no way you could flip a switch and have everything start working again. I mean even if you ignore how most things decay from disuse and rust among other methods of natural decay there's the little fact that some of the "grid" would've been destroyed by panicking humans. So there's just no way (without magic that is) that you could flip a switch and suddenly have everything just start up and run perfectly again.

So I'm thinking they HAVE to add some paranormal elements to this show if only to have some kind of actual sense making explanation for everything.

*sigh* Apparently, I need to start some more episode discussion threads, cause clearly I have things to say about Revolution and Haven.

RJDiogenes

#6 Post by RJDiogenes » November 14th, 2012, 11:50 pm

I'd be happy to talk about Haven. I haven't seen any Revolution, for the very reason that the concept seemed ill-thought-out.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#7 Post by PhoenixHope » November 15th, 2012, 12:58 am

It is and in some ways it isn't. And for those of us who've watched Supernatural the family drama in Revolution is simply a piss poor shadow, but it's not actually a bad show.

I mean even after the power went out and you think people wouldn't act that stupid, but scared people tend to be stupid people so it does kinda make sense that all these people would suddenly act as though there was some lobotomy's given out around the same time the power went out.

And I do think there is probably a vaguely realistic explanation coming as for how the power could go out everywhere at the same time, though even that does seem hinky, because just in the United States alone there are different methods of generating power so it's a bit weird to believe it could/would go out all over at the same time. But then there are things called EMPs (I think) that could accomplish that, but still unless those things was self-sustaining it wouldn't stop humans from regenerating power, but Kripke keeps insisting that they talked to someone who knows and insists that it will be believable, so for now I'm hanging on that.

Though obviously that still doesn't mean their method of turning the power back on will make any damn sense what so ever. But I find myself curious if they will even try or just jump straight to the "it's magic dumbass" explanation.

Plus, and while I get what Kripke is going for, it just seems the people are just a little too glam, but basically he just wants a middle ages type show set in the present day, which is what he has. But I think I'd personally like it better if some of the set dressing was simply a little more realistic looking. On the other hand, Revolution is still the number one drama on NBC so maybe Kripke has the right idea.

As for specific episode threads - I didn't start one for Haven originally because basically I'd have just been saying "me like" in every review comment, but now I do seem to be starting to feel ye old urge to talk about it. With Revolution I think all this is basically just a one time rant and now that it's out of my system I probably wouldn't have much to say about it either.

RJDiogenes

#8 Post by RJDiogenes » November 15th, 2012, 11:58 pm

An EMP would burn out existing electronics, but it wouldn't suppress power or prevent new machines from working. It sounds like electricity is being universally suppressed-- which, if it were happening, would not only stop machines from working, but also animals-- cells and brains and stuff rely on electricity to work.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#9 Post by PhoenixHope » November 16th, 2012, 1:12 am

Okay, see, I suspected EMPs couldn't be the full explanation here, but since I don't know everything about them I was willing to benefit of the doubt it. And that thing about humans (as well as just about everything) needed/using electricity was one of my gripes before the show started, but I have to assume that there would be a way to take out the "grid" while still leaving humans and animals functional, because animals and humans was around a long time before the power grid.

However, before the show I thought it would be an almost a Life After People kind of thing. You know "something" happened and now we have to start over kind of thing was what I was expecting. Not the more problematic version where the power went down and something is keeping it down but without "that" things would be back to normal lickety split, because a one time "shot" to the power grid would, yes, be a pain in the ass, but not something totally and completely unfixable. Sure, you wouldn't get it back up right away, but eventually.

So before the show started I was actually expecting something more along the lines of "whatever" hit the grid and took it out and completely and totally destroyed it making humanity basically have to start over. Which again would be a deep deep pain in the ass but again not undoable, so I was expecting this to be a little more about humans trying to restore their "empire" so to speak instead of just running around hacking at each other with swords, though I certainly wasn't against some of that.

But now after watching the show I see that isn't how they plan to explain it, because clearly the bare bones of the grid are still in place and ready to go - otherwise those necklaces would be useless, and that makes the whole thing in my opinion more complicated than it needs to be or even makes sense for it to be. So, I keep hanging around because I want to see how they try to "explain" this.