It's time for APOCALYPSE TUESDAY

"The stuff dreams are made of."

Moderator: PhoenixHope

PhoenixHope
Administrators

It's time for APOCALYPSE TUESDAY

#1 Post by PhoenixHope » December 6th, 2012, 12:09 am

DISCOVERY CHANNEL PREPARES FOR THE END OF THE WORLD

Are you ready for doomsday? Or a ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE? Discovery Channel introduces a group of ordinary people prepping for a zombie takeover and examines the science behind this end-of-the-world scenario in the new one-hour special ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE, premiering Tuesday, December 18th at 10PM ET/PT as part of Discovery Channel’s “Apocalypse Tuesday” lineup beginning at 8PM ET/PT.

Some people imagine what it would be like to win the lottery, but Zombie Preppers spend their time planning for Zombie attacks. Meet the everyday individuals who can’t stop thinking through all the scenarios for their own demise.

· Patti Heffernan: A mother of two who’s teaching her children to fight Zombies, she spends time fortifying her home and thinking through worst case scenarios.

· Alfredo Carbajel: Founder of the Kansas Anti-Zombie militia, he has a secret location stockpiled with all the supplies necessary to keep him alive during the apocalypse.

· Matthew Oakey: An ex-military firearms instructor who wouldn’t hesitate to kill a Zombie, he’s loading up on firearms and preparing an escape route in the event of an attack.

· Shawn Beatty: This Wisconsin-based teacher doesn’t expect Zombies to rise from their graves, but believes that the end is near and wants to be prepared when disaster strikes.

But this event isn’t all imagination. Dr. Steven Scholzman of Harvard Medical School explains that it is indeed plausible for humans to contract a virus that changes them into something resembling a Zombie.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I will be watching this for the laughs alone. *coughs* I mean for the important life saving informations contained therein, while I continue to dream of winning the lottery, of course.
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)