World Premiere! The Blue Cowl!

The place to discuss yogurt and other topics of culture or even create some of your own!

Moderator: RJDiogenes

huggle

Re: World Premiere! The Blue Cowl!

#26 Post by huggle » March 7th, 2013, 6:13 pm

English Rose! Now there's a name I haven't heard in ages! Is she still around?

Btw, Curi, did you hear that Keith has a twitter account now? And from what he hinted I gather he's planning to resurrect KHCMB.
a hug a day keeps the psychatrist away

RJDiogenes

#27 Post by RJDiogenes » March 7th, 2013, 11:50 pm

huggle wrote:There are some squeaking sounds in the background in the weapons deal scene. What's that? It sounds exactly like a rat submitting itself to a stronger rival. Do some of you guys keep pet rats? :love:

That's a rat, but it's a sound effect I found online to add atmosphere to the warehouse. I don't actually know anybody with a pet rat, though.

curiousa2z wrote:yes, you and he & English Rose shared a lot of the same tastes in pop culture as I recall. Me, more along the music lines...I still play his Halloween CDs every year. He put so much work into them. I must email him one of these days and get caught up.

Was English Rose at Kellyz? I don't think I remember that name. :unsure:

Here is Neil's blog address, if you want to visit him there: http://www.egocomics.com/
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

curiousa2z

#28 Post by curiousa2z » March 8th, 2013, 6:23 pm

@RJ: Ooops - you know her from Shattered Corpse as Rae, sorry. I forget all these different names. I never could be arsed. Always thought it was a bit creepy hiding your persona from board to board among essentially the same people. It made me wonder what kind of a life one had off-line. (of course Rae is the exception; she's not a creep).

Thanks RJ - I found their page on facebbook and said "hi".

huggle, I stopped caring about the character Tyr once he cut his hair. KHC was a good actor but I never followed his career after Andromeda. Happily, by that time I'd found out who the creeps on-line were and who the folks were who I wanted to have RL friendships with.
SHINY!

RJDiogenes

#29 Post by RJDiogenes » March 8th, 2013, 11:46 pm

Oh, Rae, of course. I know her very well. She's also at Ex Isle.

I also think it's weird how people have different personas at different boards. I'm always RJDiogenes everywhere. Image

Tyr and KHC were great on Andromeda (best line: "They're playing Wagner!"). But that greatness only lasted the first two years. Once RHW was gone, Andromeda was all done. :(

curiousa2z

#30 Post by curiousa2z » March 9th, 2013, 7:43 pm

agreed; at least those two years were great! man, a lot of water under the bridge since then!
SHINY!

RJDiogenes

#31 Post by RJDiogenes » March 9th, 2013, 10:32 pm

Yeah, I should get those two seasons on DVD. Sigh.

And let's hope RHW's Defender gets the green light. He deserves another chance and our support. Dude's got talent.

huggle

#32 Post by huggle » March 10th, 2013, 7:04 pm

has nobody posted these epis on youtube yet? That's quite a surprise.
I totally agree that the series deteriorated rapidly, once a certain Greek semi-god had gotten RHW booted. I do, however, appreciate the opportunity to get into personal contact with Keith. It'd be interesting to get to know him a bit better. I always suspected him to be a bit vain and superficial but the stories he wrote give a rather different impression and on twitter he seems surprisingly easygoing. I sent him an email and am curious if there'll be feedback.

RJDiogenes

#33 Post by RJDiogenes » March 10th, 2013, 11:31 pm

Andromeda on YouTube? Apparently not, unfortunately. I'd rather have DVDs anyway. I'm still old-fashioned that way. :D

huggle

#34 Post by huggle » March 11th, 2013, 9:30 am

yep. Much better image quality. I'm interested in quite a few series that aren't so easy to come by on DVD (Sanctuary, Holby City, Highlander) and that's where youtube comes handy. I'm still searching for Noah's Arc (the British series, not the American one with the same title) and Soldier,Soldier.

RJDiogenes

#35 Post by RJDiogenes » March 11th, 2013, 11:28 pm

I have Sanctuary on DVD. Not sure about the availability of Highlander, though, and I've never heard of the other two.

huggle

#36 Post by huggle » March 12th, 2013, 10:10 am

I stole all Highlander epis from youtube :D
And - completely selfless - I gave my brother the 1st Sanctuary season on DVD for Christmas *whistles innocently*

Soldier, soldier is available only on video tape (yet). Holby City is in the umptiest season at the BBC but I am only interested in season 9 where Peter Wingfield played a brilliant, highly eccentric and equally highly annoying surgeon. He clearly enjoyed himself and it's fun to watch him act.