Part 3: CW ratings and things (Live +7 Day info - ad sales

"The stuff dreams are made of."

Moderator: PhoenixHope

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Part 3: CW ratings and things (Live +7 Day info - ad sales

#76 Post by PhoenixHope » December 15th, 2013, 7:19 pm

Hmm, I've noticed a mistake and also the fact that I can't believe I didn't do an obvious pun.

First, the show was not Superman but was in fact called Smallville. The other was I can't believe I didn't say it this way "if they (the CW) wasn't praying for Reign." In regards to the following quote:

Granted that's not a bad sign by itself, but considering the CW was once really pushing the Amell night it's weird that they'd break that up if they wasn't leaning toward Reign over The Tomorrow People.

Also, and I'd have bet money I mentioned this, but apparently not, but the mid-season schedule also revealed that the CW has at least a little more faith in The 100 over Starcrossed based on the way they scheduled the two.
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#77 Post by PhoenixHope » December 17th, 2013, 2:42 am

DVR7

Week Ten
(November 25 - December 1)

The Originals
Live 1.1
DVR7 1.8

Supernatural
Live 1.1
DVR7 1.6

Hart Of Dixie
Live 0.4
DVR7 0.7

Beauty And The Beast
Live 0.3
DVR7 0.5

Nikita
Live 0.2
DVR7 0.3

Arrow, The Tomorrow People, The Vampire Diaries, Reign, AND The Carrie Diaries did NOT air new episodes during this week.

BONUS ROUND

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (ABC)
Live 2.6
DVR7 3.9

Sleepy Hollow (FOX)
Live 2.2
DVR7 3.6

Once Upon A Time (ABC)
Live 1.9
DVR7 3.2

Grimm (NBC)
Live 1.3
DVR7 2.6

Dracula (NBC)
Live 0.9
DVR7 1.6
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

#78 Post by RJDiogenes » December 17th, 2013, 11:53 pm

That's a decent showing for SHIELD. I'm beginning to be more optimistic that we'll get a season two.
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#79 Post by PhoenixHope » December 20th, 2013, 3:09 am

via press release:

THE CW MIDSEASON RATINGS REPORT CARD

At the halfway point of the 2013-14 season, The CW continues to make gains across all platforms, on broadcast and on digital:

· The CW is up 8% year to year in total viewers season to date (2.07M vs. 1.92M). Through December 15, it is the network's most watched season in three years (2010-11 season). The CW is also up 13% in adults 18-49 (0.9/3 vs. 0.8/2), up 10% in women 18-49 (1.1/3 vs. 1.0/3), and flat in adults 18-34 (0.8/3). (Most Current Nielsen data season-to-date 9/23/13-12/15/13, versus 9/24/12-12/16/12)

· In final Live + 7 Day ratings for the November 2013 sweep, The CW finished up in total viewers and in key demos, rising 8% in total viewers (2.36M vs. 2.19M), up 11% in adults 18-49 (1.0 vs. 0.9), up 18% in women 18-49 (1.3 vs. 1.1), and remaining even in adults 18-34 (0.9).

· The network has seen the most dramatic growth on Tuesday nights, where THE ORIGINALS has emerged as one of the hottest new series this fall, paired with Supernatural. (all ratings are Most Current Nielsen ratings through 12/15/13)

o THE ORIGINALS has improved its time period performance (8-9 pm) versus last season by 88% in adults 18-34 (1.5 vs. 0.8 ), by 100% in adults 18-49 (1.6 vs. 0.8 ), by 62% in women 18-34 (2.1 vs. 1.3), by 91% in women 18-49 (2.1 vs. 1.1) and by 78% in total viewers (3.2M vs.1.8M).

o Supernatural, in its ninth season on a new night, is up 17% versus last season in adults 18-34 (1.4 vs. 1.2), up 33% in women 18-34 (1.6 vs. 1.2), up 15% in adults 18-49 (1.5 vs. 1.3), up 31% in women 18-49 (1.7 vs. 1.3) and up 10% in total viewers (3.2M vs. 2.9M).

o Supernatural has improved its new Tuesday 9-10 pm time period by 180% in adults 18-34 (1.4 vs. 0.5), by 200% in adults 18-49 (1.5 vs. 0.5), and by 109% in total viewers (3.2M vs. 1.53M) versus last season.

· Wednesday nights show Arrow performing on par with last year, when it was one of the breakout hits of the fall season.

· On Thursday, THE Vampire Diaries is holding steady year to year in its fifth season, and has routinely outrated ABC, NBC, and Fox in its time period among adults 18-34.

· While The CW is gaining viewers on-air, it continues to see huge growth in the digital streaming of full episodes, and remains hugely popular across social platforms.

o Across all digital platforms (CWTV.com, mobile and tablet apps, Hulu), digital streaming of The CW is up 52% versus last season.

o Mobile viewing alone has increased 185% versus last season, and now surpasses viewing of full episodes on computers. The CW mobile app, which launched only last year, has now been downloaded 6.7 million times.

o In its first season, THE ORIGINALS is now The CW's second-most streamed series, averaging 1.9 million streams per episode, behind only THE Vampire Diaries, which averages 2.5 million streams.

o THE ORIGINALS is also ranked as the most popular new show on social media, according to ListenFirst, which aggregates and analyzes data streams across social, digital and traditional channels.

o Supernatural was the most re-blogged television show on Tumblr in 2013. Of the top five most re-blogged actors on Tumblr, three of them were the stars of Supernatural, with Jensen Ackles at #2, Jared Padalecki at #4, and Misha Collins at #5. (The other actors in the top five: Benedict Cumberbatch at #1 and Matt Smith of Doctor Who at #3)

o The CW's most popular show on Facebook is THE Vampire Diaries, which has more than 17.5 million likes for its official show page.

RJDiogenes

#80 Post by RJDiogenes » December 21st, 2013, 12:14 am

Nice trick for The Originals to improve over last season, since it just started. :lol:

But it's pretty amazing for Supernatural to show such growth in its 9th season.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#81 Post by PhoenixHope » December 23rd, 2013, 9:09 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:Nice trick for The Originals to improve over last season, since it just started. :lol:

They may have worded it badly, but what they meant is that The Originals has improved the ratings in the timeslot over last season - in fact it's improved the slot over the last two (if not three) seasons.

But it's pretty amazing for Supernatural to show such growth in its 9th season.

Yeah, it's pretty impressive for any show at any point to show growth, but practically unheard of for a show in season nine.

Anyway...

DVR7

Week Eleven
(Dec. 2 - 8 )

Arrow
Live 1.2
DVR7 ??

Supernatural
Live 1.1
DVR7 ??

The Vampire Diaries
Live 1.0
DVR7 1.7

The Originals
Live 1.0
DVR7 1.6

Reign
Live 0.6
DVR7 0.9

The Tomorrow People
Live 0.6
DVR7 0.9

The Carrie Diaries
Live 0.3
DVR7 0.5

Nikita
Live 0.3
DVR7 ??

Aaaaaaaand Hart of Dixie and Beauty and the Beast did not air new episodes during this week.

Bonus
(Can't believe I almost forgot the bonus round.)

The Big Bang Theory (CBS)
Live 4.8
DVR7 7.1

Once Upon A Time (ABC)
Live 2.2
DVR7 3.3

Grimm (NBC)
Live 1.6
DVR7 2.9

Dracula (NBC)
Live 1.1
DVR7 1.9

RJDiogenes

#82 Post by RJDiogenes » December 23rd, 2013, 11:37 pm

Once Upon A Time bounced back. I wonder if the ratings will improve with the new storyline. A lot of people seemed to tire of the Peter Pan thing.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#83 Post by PhoenixHope » December 31st, 2013, 8:28 pm

DVR7

Week Twelve
(December 9 - 15)

The Vampire Diaries
Live 1.1
DVR7 1.7

Arrow
Live 1.1
DVR7 1.6

Reign
Live 0.6
DVR7 0.9

The Tomorrow People
Live 0.5
DVR7 0.8

The Carrie Diaries
Live 0.5
DVR7 0.4

Nikita
Live 0.2
DVR7 ??

And that's all - the rest of the CW shows (Hart of Dixie, Beauty and the Beast, The Originals, and Supernatural) did not air new episodes during week twelve.

BONUS TIME

Live 5.1
DVR7 7.6

Sleepy Hollow (FOX)
Live 2.2
DVR7 3.7

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC)
Live 2.1
DVR7 3.4

Once Upon A Time (ABC)
Live 1.9
DVR7 3.1

Grimm (NBC)
Live 1.2
DVR7 2.6

PS - Since the ratings for Nikitas series finale are in the mid-season ratings list on the previous page is now complete.

RJDiogenes wrote:Once Upon A Time bounced back. I wonder if the ratings will improve with the new storyline. A lot of people seemed to tire of the Peter Pan thing.

I don't know, because I finally started watching Once Upon A Time (I told myself I would start watching during the mid-season hiatus, and that if I didn't I'd just stop DVRing it, because that was just taking up useless space - space needed for stuff I am actually watching) and while granted I'm only about four episodes into the season so far I am actually liking it (though I can't really figure out why they're turning Charming into a dickwad). Though, to be fair, I am an odd duck - I rather got bored last season, and was actually one of those getting tired of the Storybrook parts, because once they had their memory/powers back I felt that was pretty much all there was to tell in Storybrook, though I admit I wasn't thrilled last season with Snow and Emma being the only ones away. But apparently I'm pretty much not in the majority here, because from what I can see around the net most fans want the characters back in Storybrook and the ratings do seem to be supporting them.

Anyway, I shall at least finish this season of Once Upon A Time, but once everyone is back in Storybrook... Well, I may not bother with next season. Now if I can just make a decision on Revolution - I have a backlog there of about four episodes I want to watch before it comes back, because I know I won't be watching a third season of that one I just need to know if I really care about finishing the second season.

RJDiogenes

#84 Post by RJDiogenes » January 1st, 2014, 10:13 pm

Welllll.... all I will say is you should stick with Once Upon A Time a little longer. :D

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#85 Post by PhoenixHope » January 2nd, 2014, 8:15 pm

Well, I've gotten it down to two to go. And I don't know, but I think relying so much on the kid playing Henry may be a mistake. I hate to say anything really about kid actors (because they're kids), but I'm just not sure he's gonna be strong enough to pull off Pan.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#86 Post by PhoenixHope » January 6th, 2014, 8:23 pm

DVR7

Week Thirteen
(Dec. 16-22)

The Carrie Diaries
Live 0.3
DVR7 0.5

Nikita
Live 0.2
DVR7 0.3

No Bonus this week.

In case it doesn't go without saying everything else (on the CW and that I bonus at any rate) was reruns or off during this week.

RJDiogenes

#87 Post by RJDiogenes » January 7th, 2014, 12:07 am

Slow days for TV. Things should start picking up next week and the week after.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#88 Post by PhoenixHope » January 13th, 2014, 11:01 pm

DVR7

Week Fourteen
(December 23 - 29)

Nikita (Series Finale)
Live 0.2
DVR7 0.3

And that's all for this week - no bonus as the bonus shows did not air new episodes during this week either.

RJDiogenes

#89 Post by RJDiogenes » January 14th, 2014, 12:52 am

Well, looks like Nikita's followers stayed faithful to the end.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#90 Post by PhoenixHope » January 21st, 2014, 8:00 pm

DVR7

Week Fifteen
(Dec. 30 - Jan. 5)

The Carrie Diaries
Live 0.4
DVR7 0.5

And that's it for what was new on the CW during this week - so it's BONUS TIME:

Live 5.4
DVR7 7.9

Grimm (NBC)
Live 1.5
DVR7 2.7

Dracula (NBC)
Live 0.9
DVR7 1.5

And that's it for the bonus list.

RJDiogenes

#91 Post by RJDiogenes » January 22nd, 2014, 12:12 am

It will be interesting to see if Dracula survives. So to speak.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#92 Post by PhoenixHope » January 26th, 2014, 10:35 pm

DVR7

Week Sixteen
(Jan. 6 - 12)

The Carrie Diaries
Live 0.3
DVR7 0.5

BONUS!

Live 5.7
DVR7 8.0

Live 2.2
DVR7 3.6

Revolution (NBC)
Live 1.5
DVR7 2.4

Grimm (NBC)
Live 1.3
DVR7 2.4

Dracula (NBC)
Live 0.7
DVR7 1.4

RJDiogenes

#93 Post by RJDiogenes » January 26th, 2014, 10:44 pm

SHIELD is doing okay. 8)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#94 Post by PhoenixHope » January 26th, 2014, 11:49 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:It will be interesting to see if Dracula survives. So to speak.

Yeah, as I said somewhere (maybe even in this thread) Dracula is pretty much at "cancel me" ratings, but so was Hannibal last season and it's returning for a second one. So, all hope is not lost for Dracula. However, I've heard some rumors about the star of Dracula being hard to work with so if those rumors are true then it could be "easier" for NBC to cancel Dracula.
(Quotes, because it's easy for a network to cancel a low-rated show anyway, but even if Dracula had a slightly higher average rating then Hannibal did (it doesn't) then it could be "easier" to renew a slightly lower rated show with an easier to work with cast rather than a slightly higher rated one with a difficult cast.)

RJDiogenes wrote:SHIELD is doing okay. 8)

To be honest, the main reason I root against this one is I hate typing the damn title. However, considering that ABC tried seven hours of dramas this season and all but one is certain to be canceled even if Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. goes down again it would still get the ABC patented freshman (Show) class face-saving renewal as long as it doesn't crash and burn.

RJDiogenes

#95 Post by RJDiogenes » January 27th, 2014, 11:48 pm

You'll notice I never bother to type out the official title. :D

I don't think we have to worry about cancellation at this point, but I am certainly concerned about re-workings.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#96 Post by PhoenixHope » January 29th, 2014, 11:55 pm

AAAND once again up against the Pres Supernatural sees highest A18-49 since the season nine premiere:

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Supernatural
- 2.76 million viewers
- 1.2/3 A18-49

And so the CW can has press release now:

Supernatural SCARES UP ITS MOST WATCHED EPISODE IN THREE AND A HALF YEARS

January 29, 2014 (Burbank, CA) – Last night's Supernatural was the series' most watched episode (2.76 million) in three and a half years, since 10/15/2010, according to national Live plus Same Day Nielsen ratings for Tuesday, January 28, 2014.

With Supernatural as counterprogramming to coverage of the State of the Union address elsewhere (9-10 p.m. ET), it matched its season highs in adults 18-34 (1.1/3), and adults 18-49 (1.2/3), and had its best rating among teens 12-17 since 2/5/09, and matched its third-highest rating ever on The CW among female teens (2.0/6).

Week to week, Supernatural rose 22% in adults 18-34, 18% in women 18-34 (1.3/4), and 9% in adults 18-49.

THE ORIGINALS was up 16% week to week in women 18-34 (1.4/4) and was steady week to week in adults 18-34 (0.9/3).

For the night, The CW was up 11% week to week in adults 18-34 (1.0/3), up 27% in women 18-34 (1.4/4), and steady in adults 18-49 (1.1/3).

What weirdly this doesn't mention is that the CW beat both FOX and ABC last night (in A18-49 AND A18-34). Yeah, I know only against the Pres, but still...

RJDiogenes

#97 Post by RJDiogenes » January 30th, 2014, 11:52 pm

I wonder if they have Dean/Sam for Prez bumper stickers. :lol:

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#98 Post by PhoenixHope » February 4th, 2014, 2:27 am

So I finally watched the last two episodes of Once Upon A Time, and my first thought was that I owe the kid playing Henry an apology - in my defense though he's basically been playing a Zack Morris character (without the stopping to talk to the audience) so far, so that didn't exactly give me a good insight into his acting chops. But he does have them, because he pulled off Pan pretty damn nicely.

The only other thing I have to say is "RUMPLE!" I'm having trouble believing the show will leave him dead, but that was an almost perfect ending for his character. Actually the mid-season break (without that year later bit) would've actually been a damn nice series ending.

Well that and unlike most of the audience (at least I think so) I'm getting tired of always coming back to Storybroke, and preview for when it returns makes it seem like Storybroke will be back and all the characters will be back there. Seriously, why can't they just let go of Storybroke. I mean sure they've got to bring Emma and Henry back into the story, but they could do that by having Emma and Henry end up in Neverland. But whatever!

Update: I did want to note though that I think part of the reason I didn't find this seasons story tedious is because I pretty much watched it all at once. I could totally see myself finding the Pan storyline drug out past the point of remotely interesting had I been trying to watch week to week, but because I watched all at once even that part seemed to move fairly fast. And there are other parts that I can understand would feel drug-out watching week to week. Basically what I'm saying is that I think watching Once Upon A Time the way I have this season made the whole thing seem a lot better than it would've been if I'd been stringing it out week to week.

DVR7

Week Seventeen
(Jan. 13 - 19)

Supernatural
Live 1.0
DVR7 1.6

The Originals
Live 0.9
DVR7 1.5

Arrow
Live 0.9
DVR7 1.5

The Tomorrow People
Live 0.5
DVR7 0.8

Hart of Dixie
Live 0.5
DVR7 ??

The Carrie Diaries
Live 0.4
DVR7 ??

Beauty And The Beast
Live 0.3
DVR7 0.6

Okay, so The Vampire Diaries and Reign didn't air new episodes this week, and Hart of Dixie and The Carrie Diaries didn't rise enough with seven days of DVR to make the list.

BONUS

Live 2.2
DVR7 3.7

Sleepy Hollow (FOX)
Live 2.2
DVR7 3.5

Grimm (NBC)
Live 1.5
DVR7 2.6

Revolution (NBC)
Live 1.3
DVR7 2.3

Dracula (NBC)
Live 0.9
DVR7 1.6

And that's all the bonus shows that aired new episodes during this week.

RJDiogenes

#99 Post by RJDiogenes » February 5th, 2014, 12:20 am

I do think that Storybrooke is an essential part of the mix on Once Upon A Time. But I did get a little bored with the Pan storyline.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#100 Post by PhoenixHope » February 10th, 2014, 8:16 pm

DVR7

Week Eighteen
(January 20 - 26)

The Vampire Diaries
Live 1.2
DVR7 1.9

The Originals
Live 1.1
DVR7 ??

Supernatural
Live 1.1
DVR7 ??

Arrow
Live 0.9
DVR7 1.5

Reign
Live 0.6
DVR7 1.0

The Tomorrow People
Live 0.5
DVR7 0.9

Hart of Dixie
Live 0.4
DVR7 ??

The Carrie Diaries
Live 0.3
DVR7 0.5

Beauty and the Beast
Live 0.3
DVR7 0.5

BONUS TIME

Sleepy Hollow (FOX)
Live 2.4
DVR7 3.7

Grimm (NBC)
Live 1.5
DVR7 2.7

Revolution (NBC)
Live 1.5
DVR7 2.5

Dracula (NBC)
Live 1.0
DVR7 1.7