Looks like reboots all around - with one potential resurrect

Latest breaking news and comments along with posters reviews

Moderators: PhoenixHope, Grim

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Looks like reboots all around - with one potential resurrect

#1 Post by PhoenixHope » October 25th, 2013, 8:45 pm

I'll start with the potential resurrection: ABC - Deadline reports that ABC is considering resurrecting legal procedural Body Of Proof. Not as easy as it sounds since contracts have ended and cast/crew have presumably moved on.

NBC appears to be looking to reboot Murder, She Wrote, and CBS is maybe sorta looking into rebooting Charmed:

Vulture reports that a "re-imagining" of supernatural drama Charmed is in the works at CBS. No talent has been attached to the project yet, but a script is being written by Party of Five co-creator Chris Keyser and partner Sydney Sidner.
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Looks like reboots all around - with one potential resurrect

#2 Post by PhoenixHope » November 22nd, 2013, 7:20 pm

Should've updated this before now, but Body of Proof is dead and therefore will NOT be coming back.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

#3 Post by RJDiogenes » November 24th, 2013, 11:33 pm

Another missed thread. :(

I don't care about reboots or re-imaginings, but I could think of a few shows I'd like to see resurrected, even if it's only as an occasional TV movie. Enterprise, Eureka, Sanctuary all spring to mind.
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#4 Post by PhoenixHope » November 24th, 2013, 11:53 pm

Well, I kinda loved Murder, She Wrote, though possibly for all the wrong reasons, which is why I'm not convinced about this reboot, because if they try to fix some of the issues with the original they'll potentially fix what I actually liked about it.

Never watched Charmed - it was always one of those shows that seemed like something I should check out just never did. Also, care nothing for legal dramas, so I cared not that Body of Proof was canceled nor that it could've been brought back, but legal dramas have their fans, so I figured I'd mention it. Then after that fell through I forgot to update.

Still as far as I know Murder, She Wrote: The Reboot and Charmed: The Reboot are still going ahead.

RJDiogenes

#5 Post by RJDiogenes » November 26th, 2013, 12:29 am

I probably would have liked Murder, She Wrote-- it seems like it was to Miss Marple what Hart To Hart was to Nick and Nora Charles. I never watched Charmed, despite the presence of lovely ladies-- it just didn't give off an appealing vibe, for whatever reason.
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)