Being Human Season Four Episode Discussion Thread

For all general Sci-fi and Fantasy discussions, be it books, TV or movies

Moderator: PhoenixHope

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Being Human Season Four Episode Discussion Thread

#1 Post by PhoenixHope » January 12th, 2014, 7:34 pm

Okay, so I am making the episode thread, and I do plan to watch, but I think I'm probably gonna watch this one in chunks rather than trying to watch weekly, because last season I noticed that when I was trying to watch weekly I kinda hated the episodes, but then for whatever reason when I backed off and started watching the episodes in chunks it didn't seem as bad.
(That happens to me with Once Upon A Time as well.)

What I'm saying is that my reviews (or more likely comments) will not be timely.

Being Human 4x01 "Old Dogs, New Tricks"

Episode Description
(From Zap2it)

Josh is trapped inside his wolf as Nora and Aidan struggle to contain him; Sally finds herself imprisoned in a mysterious place with Donna.
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

Re: Being Human Season Four Episode Discussion Thread

#2 Post by RJDiogenes » January 12th, 2014, 10:56 pm

The previews look cool. Sally half naked with cucumbers on her eyes. :lol:
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Being Human 4x02 "That Time of the Month"

#3 Post by PhoenixHope » January 20th, 2014, 8:03 am

Being Human 4x02 "That Time of the Month"

Episode Description
(From Zap2it)

Aidan and Kat take their relationship to the next level; Aidan encounters someone from his past; Sally uses her newly acquired powers to help Nora try to free Josh.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

#4 Post by RJDiogenes » January 20th, 2014, 10:43 pm

Why do I think that Sally using her powers will lead to... oh, I don't know... the Apocalypse?

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Being Human 4x03 "Lil' Smokie"

#5 Post by PhoenixHope » January 26th, 2014, 10:01 pm

Being Human 4x03 "Lil' Smokie"

Episode Description
(From Zap2it)

Aidan learns there's a new vampire boss in town; Josh's new life proves problematic; Sally's newly acquired powers send her to a strange place.

RJDiogenes

#6 Post by RJDiogenes » January 26th, 2014, 10:42 pm

By the way, you were wise not to watch Bitten. It's really not grabbing me so far. I'll probably only give it another week or two unless something changes.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#7 Post by PhoenixHope » January 27th, 2014, 12:00 am

To be honest, I'm glad I didn't bother. From what I've heard from people who have watched this show would cause me to rage and while some people enjoy hate-watching TV I don't. If I'm watching something that pisses me off that badly I'm gonna stop.

RJDiogenes

#8 Post by RJDiogenes » January 27th, 2014, 11:49 pm

Actually, it's just boring. None of the characters are interesting, and the actors aren't enough to overcome that.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Being Human 4x04 "Panic Womb"

#9 Post by PhoenixHope » February 4th, 2014, 1:58 am

Okay, yes, I'm running behind with these - over the weekend I had some internet issues. Basically for Saturday, Sunday, and most of today I wasn't able to get on the internet.

Being Human 4x04 "Panic Womb"

Episode Description
(From Zap2it)

Aidan and Kat's relationship continues to grow; Josh and Nora meet a couple; Sally tries to solve the mystery of the girl she calls ``Lil' Smokie''.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#10 Post by PhoenixHope » February 4th, 2014, 8:36 pm

Being Human

That's right - when I said I was catching up I apparently meant that (I even got three of the ten backed-up Revolutions watched - sadly I think after I get an answer to whether or not Monroe will stay dead I'm probably just gonna let this one become a back ground show, because that Monroe thing was the only thing that captured my interest in three episodes *sigh* and then it's not that I love and care about the character it's that I wanna see if Kripke can restrain himself and leave a dead character dead.).

Though I admit that I intended to let Being Human pile up a bit because last season it seemed to work better when I watched in chunks and not an episode at a time. But once I had gotten something like ten hours cleared away I decided to keep going.

Anyway, I have to say I don't know if it was watching the four episodes at one time or if this season is really better for me than last season was, but so far I'm liking this season of Being Human. So much so that I'm now considering trying to watch weekly until the end of the current season.

Still not really caring about selfish!Sally and her story. I mean, yes, I know evil witch is evil, but honestly she's not wrong - Sally is reckless and still with everyone telling her this she just plows ahead doing whatever she wants with very little regard for potential consequences. *sigh*
(But it's clear that someone behind this show really loves Sally, because it seems like her story is getting an awful lot of play. And to be fair I'm somewhat kind of maybe a little bit interested in the Lil' Smokey story.)

However, despite the fact that I'm not a big werewolf fan I'm weirdly liking Josh's story this season. Also, the couple with the potential wolf baby was also vaguely interesting.

Now I admit Aidan's story at least the one in regards to the wife is not all that interesting and a bit cliché - I mean honestly wife killing son was obvious. So much so that I'm surprise Aidan didn't pick up on it, but then again maybe he did and just doesn't want to know - who knows and honestly who cares.

Now I'll grant I didn't see her guilt causing her to become Father Original (you know the original vampire who started hunting other vampires from The Vampire Diaries), but again I don't know it's just not interesting, but that could possibly be because I've seen that story before (as mentioned) on The Vampire Diaries, so for someone who doesn't watch both it might seem fresh and new, but probably not since it is a bit of a bigger cliché than that.

However, I am liking (and kinda hating) Kenny being so damn needy and clingy wanting daddy's attention when daddy just wants to be left alone to play at being human.

So, yeah, like I say so far this season is much more interesting and engaging to me than last season was.

RJDiogenes

#11 Post by RJDiogenes » February 5th, 2014, 12:33 am

I'm enjoying it, as always. I feel bad for Sally. She keeps trying to do the right thing, and bad things happen, so she tries harder to do the right thing, and more bad things happen. The time travel story is interesting, though. It looks like L'il Smokey was twins.

I'm not sure about Josh's storyline. I'm glad they cured him of always being a Werewolf, but I'm not entirely happy with where he is now. I wonder if the happy Werewolf couple will stick around. That guy who plays the husband is, I think, that guy from Lost Girl.

And poor Aiden-- wife returns as a Vampire who kills Vampires, and son returns as a disfigured Vampire who can compel Vampires. Never a dull moment. And then Kat laughs at him. :lol:

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#12 Post by PhoenixHope » February 5th, 2014, 7:44 am

I can't feel bad for Sally - I just can't. She's got all these people telling her to stop and at least take a damn moment to think before she acts and she just ploughs ahead with whatever the hell she wants to do.

So to me, no, I don't see Sally trying to do the right thing - I see her doing whatever she wants and then being shocked (shocked, I tell you) when something goes wrong. Hell, even Aidan tried to tell her maybe she should take a moment, but then she pouted and he caved instead of continuing to try and talk sense into her dumb ass.

On the other hand, maybe he realized he was fighting a losing battle and decided she won't learn unless she learns the hard way, because that's really how it looks to me. And, hell, based on last season she won't even learn a lesson the hard way. She turned into a freakin' flesh eating zombie, and yet she still can't take a moment to even try and think things through. *sigh*

RJDiogenes

#13 Post by RJDiogenes » February 5th, 2014, 10:55 pm

True. But on the other hand, she's adorable. :lol:

But, seriously, I think she does try to do the right thing. She missed her door because she was trying to help people, she sent herself to Limbo to help people, she's concerned about the little girl she saw when she time traveled, et cetera.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Being Human 4x05 "Pack It Up, Pack it in"

#14 Post by PhoenixHope » February 10th, 2014, 7:52 pm

Apparently, Olympics or not there's no rest for the wicked. On the other hand, my DISH guide still says Justified is airing a new episode this week when I've done seen the news online that one is skipping a week.

Episode Description
(From Zap2it)

Aidan tries to forget a recent loss; Josh and Nora throw a baby shower; Sally learns about her new abilities and what they mean in regards to her future.

RJDiogenes

#15 Post by RJDiogenes » February 11th, 2014, 12:32 am

Uh oh. I hope that doesn't mean the end of Kat.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#16 Post by PhoenixHope » February 12th, 2014, 6:39 pm

Um, while I still haven't watched I think the recent loss referred to above is probably the lose of his psycho wife and not his current girlfriend.

RJDiogenes

#17 Post by RJDiogenes » February 13th, 2014, 12:13 am

Hmm. I don't know. Maybe. After this episode, it's kind of hard to tell.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Being Human 4x06 "Cheater of the Pack"

#18 Post by PhoenixHope » February 16th, 2014, 6:46 pm

Being Human 4x06 "Cheater of the Pack"

Episode Description
(From Zap2it)

Josh wakes up to a surprising discovery; Aidan reconnects with Suzanna and remembers the life he once had; someone from Sally's past resurfaces.

RJDiogenes wrote:Hmm. I don't know. Maybe. After this episode, it's kind of hard to tell.

Great - that'll really up my desire to watch more - Aidan losing the partner that's somewhat likeable and going back to psycho!vamp. AWESOME! Except in the totally not awesome way.

RJDiogenes

#19 Post by RJDiogenes » February 16th, 2014, 11:41 pm

It's not over till it's over. :D

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Being Human 4x07 "Gallows Humor"

#20 Post by PhoenixHope » February 23rd, 2014, 11:22 pm

Being Human 4x07 "Gallows Humor"

Episode Description
(From Zap2it)

Sally goes to Donna for help; Aidan and Suzanna come face to face with the truth about their past; Josh and Nora seek help from an old friend.

RJDiogenes

#21 Post by RJDiogenes » February 23rd, 2014, 11:42 pm

I knew we hadn't seen the last of Donna.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#22 Post by PhoenixHope » February 26th, 2014, 1:47 am

Uh-Oh

Looks like the season we are watching will be the last season of Being Human. Based on ratings it's not a big surprise, because to be honest I was just a wee bit surprised SyFy renewed for the forth season. Now granted I haven't been paying attention to Being Humans ratings this season, but based on this we can assume they haven't improved.

But still for those deeply in love with the show (*cough*RJD*cough*) this is sad news.

via press notes:

With the second half of “Being Human’s” 4th season set to kick off, our human-at-heart characters are about to embark on a journey full of twists, turns and surprises that will culminate in a spectacular series finale on Syfy, Monday, April 7th.

Showrunner Anna Fricke and the talented producers, writers, cast and crew have done an amazing job bringing this show to life over the past four seasons and we sincerely thank them and the series’ production company Muse Entertainment for their hard work. They’ve saved the best for last with the final six episodes that revisit the story’s beginning, leading to a not-to-be-missed send-off for Aidan, Sally, Josh and Nora.

So now I guess I should catch up on the three episodes that I was saving up and just start watching as they air, though it won't happen tonight since I'll have Pretty Little Liars, The Originals, and Supernatural to watch tonight.

*rubs the side of RJDs mouth*

*listens for tentative purr, doesn't hear one and realizes suddenly that RJD is not her kitty*

*still scratches behind ears anyway*

RJDiogenes

#23 Post by RJDiogenes » February 27th, 2014, 12:34 am

Thank you, I could use a little comfort. :D That sucks, but, as you say, it's not surprising. I was also surprised that we got a fourth season. I just hope they really do have a series finale and not a cliffhanger.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#24 Post by PhoenixHope » February 27th, 2014, 9:31 pm

To be honest, I'm a little sad myself, because this season has been miles better than the previous two. Season two had like three or four different stories that didn't really connect, but worse it had these characters that was supposed to be friends and friends living together feeling like people who barely knew each other, which was still better than the bore-fest that was most (not all - toward the end it was less boring) season three. Season four has improved dramatically over both of those (it feels a lot more like the show I actually liked when I first started watching), so it's a bit sad for me that now that the show is improving it's also ending.

Like last night, for example, I set down to watch just one episode and ending up watching all three because the show was interesting enough I couldn't stop while there was anymore left to watch. The last time it done me this way when I was watching the first four of the season, as well, the only reason I stopped in-between those was I literally started falling asleep while watching.

Oh and I might've had a moment over the past three episodes (just one, but still) where I could see why some *cough*you*cough* could find Sally adorable. Mostly she's still a clueless mess, but at least I did have one moment where I could almost see/understand why others could be so into her.
(And I have a feeling watching her try to save her past self might lead to another one of those moments where while she comes across as mostly stupid there'll be a bit of a mix of adorable in there, as well.)

RJDiogenes

#25 Post by RJDiogenes » February 27th, 2014, 11:57 pm

Yeah, she means well. Poor Sally. :D I wonder if this changing-the-past story is the lead up to the series finale. Hopefully they saw the writing on the wall and are prepared. It would be nice to see something resembling a happily-ever-after ending for them.