SyFy: "Haven" gets two season renewal OR...

Latest breaking news and comments along with posters reviews

Moderators: PhoenixHope, Grim

PhoenixHope
Administrators

SyFy: "Haven" gets two season renewal OR...

#1 Post by PhoenixHope » January 29th, 2014, 12:25 am

SyFy has renewed Haven for a whooping 26 episode season five!

via Press Release

NEW YORK – January 28, 2014 – Syfy has greenlit 26 new episodes of its hit series Haven, which posted growth in both Adults 18-34 and Adults 18-49 last year. The first 13 episodes of Season 5 are set to premiere this fall with the remaining 13 episodes scheduled to air in 2015.

Tallying its best season ever in social mentions and Twitter activity, Haven’s recently wrapped fourth season was up 11% among Adults 18-34 (314,000) and up 3% year-to-year among Adults 18-49 (926,000). Overall, Haven averaged 1.1 million Adults 25-54 and 2.3 million viewers per week and ranked second in Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54 among original cable series in its Friday 10PM ET/PT time slot. (All data Live +7).

Basically it's a two season renewal without calling it a two season renewal. I think it's probably more of a contract cheat really - calling it one season means they won't have to re-negotiate contracts at the end of what would've been the normal fifth season. But who cares? It's more Haven and more Haven is good. On the other hand, it could mean that season six (um) the latter half of season five could be the end. NOTE: I said "could mean" not that it "did mean" that.
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

Re: SyFy: "Haven" gets two season renewal OR...

#2 Post by RJDiogenes » January 29th, 2014, 2:48 am

Holy Cow. I was a little afraid it wouldn't get renewed at all. This is great news. Image

I guess there's a lot more weirdness in other dimensions to come. :D
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)