For all general Sci-fi and Fantasy discussions, be it books, TV or movies

Moderator: PhoenixHope

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Haven Season Five Episode Discussion Thread

#26 Post by PhoenixHope » October 10th, 2014, 12:36 am

As I said in the Sleepy Hollow thread:
AH HA!

That might be why I couldn't find it on zap2it, but see my DVR is set to automatically grab new episodes, so I didn't even check the night when I went looking for the descript on my DISHGuide.
And it's actually at 6 p.m. for us (at least I think you be in the same time zone as me), because Wrassling starts at 7.
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

#27 Post by RJDiogenes » October 11th, 2014, 9:32 pm

Must be a different Time Zone then, because wrassling has always been at 8 here. Our "prime time" network schedule is from 8-11pm. For example, Once Upon A Time is on at 8pm.
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Haven 5x05 "The Old Switcheroo"

#28 Post by PhoenixHope » October 12th, 2014, 6:28 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:Must be a different Time Zone then, because wrassling has always been at 8 here. Our "prime time" network schedule is from 8-11pm. For example, Once Upon A Time is on at 8pm.
Yeah, you be in Eastern and I be in Central then, because for me primetime has always been 7 to 10 where in the east it's 8 to 11.

ANYWAY...

Haven 5x05 The Old Switcheroo

To be honest, last night I had more than a few things to watch so this one kinda gets lost in the shuffle. Yes, I watched the episode and know there was some Vince and Dave adventures (and an open thinny that Dave found) and that interestingly enough Mara keeps trying to play Duke even though at this point she really should know better. Yes, Nathan is an Audrey focused idiot, but she really should understand Duke is not.

My point is that while this wasn't a bad episode I can't say it was a great one either - it falls into that land of good, which is acceptable for continuing to watch, but kinda sucks when I have to remember through a couple other shows so I can review. The high point was the Dwight/Gloria stuff, and even then that was a bit confusing because what secret would they be hiding from each other and why would they be important enough to each other for it to cause the old switcheroo.

PS - I checked today and it seems the time change totally threw zap2it, because for next weeks episode they are listing the title and description for this one so if they don't update this in the next few days I'll have to use my DISHGuide again this week.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

#29 Post by RJDiogenes » October 12th, 2014, 10:16 pm

I actually loved this one a lot. For one thing, more Dave and Vince-- those guys are the most genuinely New Englandy part of the show. Secondly, I always get a kick out of these body swap stories, because it gives the actors a chance to channel both their colleagues' characters and acting style. Dave and Vince were good, but Dwight and Gloria cracked me up-- and then Nathan doing Duke just had me in tears. :lol:

I've been expecting Mara to start pretending to be Audrey at some point, so that part didn't surprise me. But I thought she would somehow force a swap between herself and Duke so that she could either escape or free herself. Maybe that trick will happen next week.

And we've got Vince (as Dave) being drawn to a Thinnie-- I hope that means we'll finally get to see the other side. :D

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Haven 5x06 "The Old Switcheroo"

#30 Post by PhoenixHope » October 16th, 2014, 9:27 pm

Speaking of descriptions that could simply be copy/pasted and this one is even a copy/past title.

Haven 5x06 "The Old Switcheroo"

Episode Description
(From zap2it)
Mara capitalizes on the latest crisis, forcing Duke and Nathan to roll the dice to get Audrey back.

RJDiogenes

#31 Post by RJDiogenes » October 16th, 2014, 10:40 pm

Hah. Zap2it must have screwed up. They wouldn't use the same title two weeks in a row. Either that or they left off "Part 1" and "Part 2."

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Haven 5x06 "The Old Switcheroo"

#32 Post by PhoenixHope » October 16th, 2014, 11:44 pm

Yeah, according to my DVR the title is indeed the same, but zap2it left out the Part 2 of 2 bit.

RJDiogenes

#33 Post by RJDiogenes » October 17th, 2014, 11:04 pm

Ah, that's right. This is supposed to be a two-parter about Dave and Vince. Makes sense.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#34 Post by PhoenixHope » October 22nd, 2014, 5:03 pm

Okay, if you've read my post in my thread in the other forum then you know I've had some issues with getting on the internet through no fault of my own.

Haven 5x06 The Old Switcheroo
Part Two

What is my fault is not going ahead and writing a proper review of this episode, because frankly it deserves it. I have to give them much credit, because they managed to bring Audrey back in a way that doesn't completely ignore Mara and all the issues there. And I really had much to say (in a positive way) after watching the episode, but I decided to play a couple games instead of writing the review because "what the hell I can't post the damn thing now anyway."

Still the important thing is that I loved this episode and I can now love that Audrey is back without feeling creepy about it. Of course, there was one little flaw in the slaw, the show had Duke come right out and admit he wasn't in love with Audrey and I wanted to continue living in the land of a Duke/Audrey/Nathan threesome being possible. But then who am I kidding I shall continue living in that land anyway.

RJDiogenes

#35 Post by RJDiogenes » October 22nd, 2014, 11:17 pm

How about a Duke/Audrey/Nathan/Mara foursome? :D

Yeah, I really didn't see that resolution to the Mara/Audrey issue coming. Nice twist. I have many questions, though. If Mara is killed, does Audrey die? Does Audrey's continued existence depend on Duke's Trouble staying active? If so, will Duke be bringing back past lives of more people, filling up Haven with people from the past? Maybe even... Sarah?

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#36 Post by PhoenixHope » October 23rd, 2014, 12:49 am

RJDiogenes wrote:How about a Duke/Audrey/Nathan/Mara foursome? :D
Naw, despite my defense of Mara's right not to lose her body to Audrey I'm not actually a Mara fan, or at least not a shipper of Mara - Duke and Nathan belong to Audrey not Mara.
RJDiogenes wrote:Yeah, I really didn't see that resolution to the Mara/Audrey issue coming. Nice twist. I have many questions, though. If Mara is killed, does Audrey die? Does Audrey's continued existence depend on Duke's Trouble staying active? If so, will Duke be bringing back past lives of more people, filling up Haven with people from the past? Maybe even... Sarah?
DUDE, CHILL! Some of these questions was asked by the characters themselves so I'm sure the show will address them and likely soon.

RJDiogenes

#37 Post by RJDiogenes » October 23rd, 2014, 10:59 pm

PhoenixHope wrote:Naw, despite my defense of Mara's right not to lose her body to Audrey I'm not actually a Mara fan, or at least not a shipper of Mara - Duke and Nathan belong to Audrey not Mara.
Aw, that's kinda sweet. :D
DUDE, CHILL! Some of these questions was asked by the characters themselves so I'm sure the show will address them and likely soon.
I'm impatient. :lol: Besides, imagine an army of naked Audrey's popping up all over Haven. :D

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#38 Post by PhoenixHope » October 24th, 2014, 12:41 am

RJDiogenes wrote:Aw, that's kinda sweet. :D
That's me - why I'm just a big old romantic at heart. :death:
I'm impatient. :lol: Besides, imagine an army of naked Audrey's popping up all over Haven. :D
Actually, I think it would be more fun to have Sarah, because it's been very heavily implied that Vince and Dave was both in love with Sarah and of course Nathan be her baby daddy - could get very very interesting if she popped out, especially since Nathan has apparently only ever loved Audrey but still had a long afternoon with Sarah.

But no army of Audrey's, because that might lead the show to having one Audrey for Nathan and another Audrey for Duke and that's not how my big ol' romantic heart wants that to go down at all (in some ways my shipping of this threesome is as much about Nathan and Duke as it is Audrey/Nathan and Audrey/Duke). On the other hand naked Audrey's could be fun, except Audrey isn't exactly one to stay naked now the new girl Lexi running around naked seemed like the type that would've had fun with it.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Haven 5x07 "Nowhere Man"

#39 Post by PhoenixHope » October 24th, 2014, 12:52 am

Oops, almost forgot about this and this week right now I wouldn't have an excuse.

Haven 5x07 "Nowhere Man"

Episode Description
(From zap2it)
A paranormal trouble tears Audrey and Nathan apart just after they were reunited.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Haven 5x07 "Nowhere Man"

#40 Post by PhoenixHope » October 25th, 2014, 7:39 pm

Haven 5x07 Nowhere Man
PhoenixHope wrote:A paranormal trouble tears Audrey and Nathan apart just after they were reunited.
Because, of course, it does.

Mostly though I have to say after the past two episodes this one just doesn't compare. It wasn't a bad episode, but it wasn't exactly exciting either.

I mean, for example, I knew the minute it was revealed Audrey was no longer immune to the troubles that there was no connection between Audrey and Mara.

Now it's just a matter of what excuse Duke and Nathan will come up with to continue protecting Mara, because without that connection to Audrey I don't see why they'd bother. Reveal the whole truth - Audrey is now Audrey but she no longer has trouble protection, but is completely free of Mara and so there's really no logical reason to keep Mara a secret in fact based on events in this episode that will only continue to endanger Audrey.

RJDiogenes

#41 Post by RJDiogenes » October 25th, 2014, 9:12 pm

I've only seen the first twenty minutes so far. If there's no connection between Audrey and Mara, the only reason to keep Mara away from the Guard is that the Guard is incompetent and probably won't put her to any good use-- which is a decent reason. Plus the fact that Mara and William are crucial to the plot, since they created the Troubles. Unless they can't get Colin Ferguson back, in which case they may kill off them both and decide they were working for somebody else, who will then become the Big Bad for the rest of the show.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Haven 5x08 "Exposure"

#42 Post by PhoenixHope » October 30th, 2014, 7:36 pm

Haven 5x08 "Exposure"

Episode Description
(From zap2it)
Audrey must call in outside help as she is no longer immune to the troubles.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Haven 5x08 "Exposure"

#43 Post by PhoenixHope » November 3rd, 2014, 9:47 pm

Haven 5x08 Exposure

So, this was a good episode, with many interesting events and while I would love to detail them and talk about them I actually watched this episode on Friday and have been through the real life ringer since then and cannot honestly remember that much.

Duke gets personal with Mara, which was interesting, and some pics with Nathan and Audrey, and then some stuff with Vince and Dave. Oh and Haven's version of Ghost Facers made a return I remember that.

RJDiogenes

#44 Post by RJDiogenes » November 3rd, 2014, 11:09 pm

The ghost Trouble turned out to have an interesting resolution-- it was originally a painting Trouble that was adapting itself to modern photography.

I'm very curious as to why Mara is so interested in Duke's mom. I suppose she will be making an appearance before too long, and it won't be good.

The highlight of the episode for me was the Vince and Dave shenanigans. But then it turned ominous with the arrival of the CDC. Is Dave infected with some kind of other-dimensional pathogen that doesn't correspond to anything on Earth? Or is that black goo that Mara uses some kind of biotechnology?

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Haven 5x09 "Morbidity"

#45 Post by PhoenixHope » November 7th, 2014, 9:29 pm

Haven 5x09 "Morbidity"

Episode Description
(From My DISHGuide)
A mysterious illness infects Audrey and dozens of citizens and threatens to expose Haven's secrets to a dangerous newcomer.

RJDiogenes

#46 Post by RJDiogenes » November 7th, 2014, 11:27 pm

Uh oh. I wonder if next week will be "Mortality."

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#47 Post by PhoenixHope » November 10th, 2014, 2:35 am

I peaked ahead and DING DING DING - we have a winner.

Or in other words, you are right.

RJDiogenes

#48 Post by RJDiogenes » November 10th, 2014, 11:48 pm

Uh oh. I had a feeling.

Looks like both Duke and Dwight are being idiots because of crushes on women.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Haven 5x09 "Morbidity"

#49 Post by PhoenixHope » November 11th, 2014, 8:51 pm

Okay, so yesterday I started with this episode followed by Grimm and then ZNation, which since the three of them together was three very dull episodes of each show almost put me off of catching up with my crap altogether.

Seriously, this one made me want to shoot Dwight or shoot in the general area of where Dwight is and let nature take its course. But really he was so stupid here as to piss me off entirely.

But other than that it was just a boring episode, and what the hell is up with the pushing Duke at Mara? Seriously, that's starting to feel weird.

RJDiogenes

#50 Post by RJDiogenes » November 11th, 2014, 11:39 pm

Which episode of Z Nation was that? The dream episode? I thought that was really good.