Hi.

The friendly forum for chat and perhaps a virtual coffee

Moderators: Duracell, KatyJane, Aurian

PrincessWhoopAss

Hi.

#1 Post by PrincessWhoopAss » February 17th, 2015, 5:14 am

It appears I haven't died yet, though many days I rather feel I'd like to.
Aging sucks.
Genetics suck.
And generally nothing is ever as you think it is, particularly if you think you might be happy.
There's nothing the universe loves more than laughing as you cry.

ghost07

Re: Hi.

#2 Post by ghost07 » February 17th, 2015, 11:13 am

Hello...sounds like you had the same kind of year I had. All I can do is give you a {{{HUG}}}...sometimes that helps.
Where there is life, there is hope

Chatty

#3 Post by Chatty » February 17th, 2015, 2:33 pm

Hello stranger.

I agree with all of that and can only offer what Ghost has as well.

{{{{{{{{{{{PWA}}}}}}}}}}

Santaman
Administrators

#4 Post by Santaman » February 17th, 2015, 5:46 pm

Long time no see. :christmas:
""Revenge is a dish best served fried... deep fried!" (Alestorm)" (Alestorm.)
Cutthroat Coffee, The Pirate's Choice!

RJDiogenes

#5 Post by RJDiogenes » February 17th, 2015, 11:01 pm

Yikes. That doesn't sound good. What's going on? I hope you aren't serious about the wanting to die part. :(
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#6 Post by PhoenixHope » February 18th, 2015, 4:24 am

Damn.

Sounds like you're where I was a few years ago, though admittedly I think my genetics are awesome.

But I remember certainly thinking the very universe itself was taking sadistic pleasure in watching me suffer. Doctors not believing I was in pain constantly being told drinking wasn't the answer, while telling them I knew that, but if I wanted to keep working then I needed those few moments of pain relief -- brief backstory is that I have constant foot pain that never completely goes away these days and has been a problem for years.

Honestly I don't know what to tell you really, because since I'm in the middle of trying to get another job right now (being screwed over rather epically in my current one right now) I tend to find myself having to force myself not to fall back into thinking that way. Nothing like job hunting to make you feel very small and useless when you turn in application after application and get very few (or no) calls back.

Sorry, I wish I had the magic thing to say, but I got nothing except that somehow you have to find the reason within yourself to keep going. Think of it as just spiting the universe - sometimes that helps.
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

huggle

#7 Post by huggle » February 18th, 2015, 9:55 pm

{{{{{{{Tig}}}}}}}!!!! Welcome back!
Did you have a Murphy-year, too? Seems the whole globe is caught in a Murphyonic field. But fear not! Together we can push the planet out of it. With the current flu-wave all we have to do is face in one direction and sneeze.

Srsly: it's great to see you back. And look at it this way: it can only get better now. Plus you're not alone.
a hug a day keeps the psychatrist away