Renewed/Canceled: Final(ish) guesses for the 2014/15 season

Latest breaking news and comments along with posters reviews

Moderators: PhoenixHope, Grim

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Renewed/Canceled: Final(ish) guesses for the 2014/15 season

#1 Post by PhoenixHope » March 31st, 2015, 7:24 pm

Okay, so while I maybe should perhaps would like to wait another week or so to do this, because of my new real life job I might not have time. And I've been thinking about it for awhile and so I figure while obviously my job will give me days off next week I think part of me wants to go ahead and do this since I basically skipped doing my usual "mid-season" one in Feb.

I've got to say this year I think ABC was the hardest one, despite having some obvious ones. But also a few CBS shows gave me a fit or ten, but then again every season networks will have a few that are hard to figure and then there'll also be a very surprising renewal or two as well as sometimes having a cancel that is surprising. And, of course, this season the CW made it rather easy when they did a mass renewal awhile back.

Also, as per usual this is only for scripted shows not reality.

ABC

Officially Canceled

Selfie
Manhattan Love Story

Likely Canceled

Forever
Cristela
Resurrection
Galavant
American Crime
Revenge

Toss Up

Secrets & Lies
Marvel's Agent Carter
Fresh Off the Boat

Likely Renewed

Last Man Standing
Nashville
Castle
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Once Upon A Time
black-ish
The Middle
The Goldbergs
Grey's Anatomy
Scandal
Modern Family

Officially Renewed

How To Get Away With Murder

Okay, yes, some may be miffed at me for saying Revenge is likely to be canceled, and to be honest perhaps Revenge should be listed as a toss up, but honestly the ratings this season are not in Revenge's favor and so right now I do believe it's more likely to be canceled than renewed, which means I can't list it as a toss up because I don't honestly feel it is a toss up.

And, okay, ABC has not officially officially renewed How To Get Away With Murder, but I'm pretty sure I saw an ABC aired promo that says How To Get Away With Murder WILL be back, so clearly it's renewed even if ABC hasn't come out with a press release saying so.

Finally, with ABC I admit I'm a little iffy on Last Man Standing, but at the end of the day (so to speak) I do feel like it's more likely to renewed then canceled, so while I have some doubts on that one they're not enough to have me list it as a toss up.

CBS

Officially Canceled

The Mentalist
Two and a Half Men

Okay, those two did have final seasons, but they still ain't coming back no more so that equals canceled.

The Millers
The McCarthys

Likely Canceled

Battle Creek
Stalker
CSI
The Good Wife

Toss Up

Hawaii Five-0
Blue Bloods
CSI: Cyber

Likely Renewed

Elementary
Person of Interest
NCIS: Los Angeles
Criminal Minds
NCIS
The Odd Couple

Officially Renewed

The Big Bang Theory
Scorpion
NCIS: New Orleans
Madam Secretary
Mom
Mike & Molly
2 Broke Girls

GAH! It was so hard to list The Good Wife as I've been wrong before (several times in fact), but currently it is the lowest rated non-first season CBS show. In fact only newbie Battle Creek is clocking in with lower ratings. And even the more likely canceled than renewed CSI was rating slightly better than The Good Wife this season.

Though original flavor CSI might survive, because I do think CBS will keep one CSI alive I just think they'll probably choose CSI: Cyber over original flavor CSI at this point, though if CSI: Cyber hadn't rated decently (or suddenly drops) then CSI would've probably (will probably) got at least a short renewal.

Speaking of that take heart The Good Wife fans because I've been wrong with The Good Wife before AND last season CBS did renew some low rated shows just to give them short final seasons, which is not something CBS is historically known for doing, but it did happen last season which means it could happen again this season for The Good Wife and/or CSI.

And, yes, Elementary is rather low-rated this season, though ratings-wise it tops Blue Bloods, Stalker, Madam Secretary, Hawaii Five-0, The Mentalist, CSI, The Good Wife, and Battle Creek. And also this is currently the third full season of the show and most times shows with three full seasons will get a forth, though I do not expect it will keep it's Thursday time-slot - I'm expecting it renewed but moved to Friday or Sunday.

PS - Mini-series The Dovekeepers is unlikely to make a return, which will be blamed on it being a mini-series rather than low-ratings. But had it rated well it would've come back.

CW (Update 4/8)

Officially Canceled

Nothing, yet!

Likely Canceled

Sorry, I should probably list Hart of Dixie here, but I just can't bring myself to do so.

Toss Up

Hart of Dixie
The Messengers (which hasn't aired yet)

Likely Renewed

iZombie

Officially Renewed

The Flash
Arrow
Supernatual
The Vampire Diaries
The Originals
Jane the Virgin
The 100
Reign
Beauty and the Beast

FOX (Updated 4/8)

Officially Canceled

Glee (final season, but still it won't be back anymore)
Mulaney
Weird Loners
Gracepoint
Red Band Society

Likely Canceled

Backstrom
The Following

Toss Up

Bones

Likely Renewed

Family Guy
The Mindy Project

Officially Renewed

Empire
Gotham
The Simpsons
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Sleepy Hollow
Bob's Burgers
New Girl
The Last Man on Earth

Okay, possibly I should've listed The Following as a toss up, but it's ratings are just not good this season and so I feel it's more likely to be canceled then renewed. But I could be wrong, because I have heard some hints of rumors that suggest FOX might not have been expecting much more from The Following this season than what it's currently doing and if those hints of rumors are current then The Following very well could be renewed.

As for Bones I think probably most likely it'll be renewed, but it is an aging show and ratings are starting to slide so it is possible FOX might decide to give it the ax, though obviously a case can be made for renewing it ergo it's a toss up.

NBC (Updated 4/7)

Officially Canceled

Parks & Recreation
Parenthood

Both final seasons, but still neither will be back.

A to Z
Bad Judge
Constantine
Allegiance

*Constantine may have a snowballs chance in hell, because it's rumored that season two is being pitched to NBC, but those are only rumors, but still perhaps I shouldn't call it officially canceled yet and go with all but officially canceled.

Likely Canceled

Marry Me
About A Boy
State of Affairs
American Odyssey

Toss Up

Undateable
The Night Shift
One Big Happy
The Mysteries of Laura

Likely Renewed

AD: The Bible Continues

Officially Renewed

The Blacklist
Chicago Fire
Chicago P.D.
Law & Order: SVU
Grimm

PS - The Slap is a mini-series and I think that means it's one and done either way, but either way it's one and done, because the ratings just ain't there. But I just wasn't sure how to list that one.

So here it is my final-ish predictions for what'll be back next season and what won't likely see the light of day again. You should note that these are simply my best guesses on what each network will do and that my guesses will not affect any network or any show in any way - I have no pull with any of them.

Mostly though I'm just unhappy to have so many toss ups - as a general rule on my final(ish) guesses I don't like to have more than two toss ups for any one network and this year it seemed I couldn't force it below three on any save FOX. So because of that I'm gonna have a toss up off where I try to force guesses before I completely sign off - last season I basically did this by having a category within the toss up section with lower end and higher end, but I just didn't want to do that again.

Anyway, ABC toss ups are: Secrets & Lies, Marvel's Agent Carter, and Fresh Off the Boat. I think probably the only true toss up is Marvel's Agent Carter, because I think Secrets & Lies will be canceled while Fresh Off the Boat will likely be renewed, except in both cases I have enough doubt that I couldn't make myself to lower one to likely canceled and rise the other to likely renewed on my official guess list.

CBS toss ups are: Hawaii Five-0, Blue Bloods, and CSI: Cyber. I think here the only true toss up is Hawaii Five-0 and it's only a toss up because of hidden factors - cost of the show vs syndication profits. So, I think Blue Bloods and CSI: Cyber are likely renewals, but as with ABC I just have enough doubts that I couldn't move them up.

The CW toss ups are: Hart of Dixie and The Messengers, and The Messengers hasn't aired yet which makes it the truest toss up ever, and Hart of Dixie should maybe probably most likely be under "likely canceled."

I only had one toss up for FOX so we'll move to the NBC toss ups which are: Undateable, The Night Shift, One Big Happy, and The Mysteries of Laura.

Undateable if forced I'd say renewed, but only if forced. The Night Shift I think might move back to summer before being canceled entirely. One Big Happy I'm just not sure about and I think with The Mysteries of Laura I may be biased even though I don't watch the show I somehow found myself really rooting for it anyway. And even with trying to force myself here I just can't cut this one easily - though I guess if forced I'd lower The Mysteries of Laura to likely canceled therefore leaving The Night Shift and One Big Happy as true toss ups.
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

Re: Renewed/Canceled: Final(ish) guesses for the 2014/15 season

#2 Post by PhoenixHope » April 8th, 2015, 9:51 pm

FOX has renewed Last Man on Earth, which I'd previously had as likely renewed, but have now moved to officially renewed.

And I'm also now moving iZombie to likely renewal, because this week it aired without a new episode of The Flash in front of it and it scored the same ratings as the previous two episodes (0.8/0.7/0.7/0.7) which means it can hold its own without The Flash.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#3 Post by PhoenixHope » April 30th, 2015, 12:05 am

AAAAAAAAAAAND now it's within two weeks of the upfronts, so some news will start leaking, such as, to the surprise of no one, or at least no one paying attention to ratings ABC has declined to renew Revenge for another season.

So here's a new updated listing:

ABC

Officially Canceled

Selfie
Manhattan Love Story
Revenge

Likely Canceled

Forever
Cristela
Resurrection
Galavant
American Crime

Toss Up

Secrets & Lies
Marvel's Agent Carter
Fresh Off the Boat

Likely Renewed

Last Man Standing
Nashville
Castle
Once Upon A Time
black-ish
The Middle
The Goldbergs
Grey's Anatomy
Scandal
Modern Family

Officially Renewed

CBS

Officially Canceled

The Mentalist
Two and a Half Men
The Millers
The McCarthys

Likely Canceled

Battle Creek
Stalker
CSI
The Good Wife

Toss Up

Hawaii Five-0
Blue Bloods

Likely Renewed

Elementary
Person of Interest
Criminal Minds
NCIS
The Odd Couple

Officially Renewed

The Big Bang Theory
Scorpion
Madam Secretary
Mom
Mike & Molly
2 Broke Girls

CW

Officially Canceled

Hart of Dixie

Likely Canceled

The Messengers

Toss Up

Nothing, really, though I suppose The Messengers could get a Beauty and the Beast treatment - renewed but moved to summer.

Likely Renewed

iZombie

Officially Renewed

The Flash
Arrow
Supernatural
The Vampire Diaries
The Originals
Jane the Virgin
The 100
Reign
Beauty and the Beast

FOX

Officially Canceled

Glee
Mulaney
Weird Loners
Gracepoint
Red Band Society

Likely Canceled

Backstrom
The Following

Toss Up

Bones

Likely Renewed

Family Guy
The Mindy Project

Officially Renewed

Empire
Gotham
The Simpsons
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Sleepy Hollow
Bob's Burgers
New Girl
The Last Man on Earth

NBC

Officially Canceled

Parks & Recreation
Parenthood
A to Z
Bad Judge
Constantine
Allegiance

Likely Canceled

Marry Me
About A Boy
State of Affairs
American Odyssey

Toss Up

The Mysteries of Laura
One Big Happy
The Night Shift
Undateable

Likely Renewed

Nothing, really, though obviously one or two on the toss-up list will likely be renewed.

Officially Renewed

The Blacklist
Chicago Fire
Chicago P.D.
Grimm

RJDiogenes

#4 Post by RJDiogenes » May 1st, 2015, 11:46 pm

PhoenixHope wrote:ABC

Officially Canceled

Selfie
Manhattan Love Story
I feel bad about these for no logical reason.
Likely Canceled

Forever
A friend of mine likes this, so I hope it is saved.
Galavant
I will be very sad to see this cancelled.
Toss Up
Marvel's Agent Carter
Fresh Off the Boat
I am rooting for Agent Carter more than anything. I've also seen FOTB a couple of times, and it's pretty funny.
Likely Renewed
I hope so. :D
CWLikely Renewed
iZombie
Interesting. That seemed like a real longshot.
Officially Renewed
The Flash
Arrow
Supernatural
The Vampire Diaries
The Originals
Jane the Virgin
The 100
Reign
Beauty and the Beast
A couple of surprises, but mostly expected.
FOX
Likely Renewed
The Mindy Project
This is pretty funny, too.
Officially Renewed
Sleepy Hollow
Halleluiah. :D
The Last Man on Earth
Interesting. I haven't seen it, but it seems like just dumb, gross-out humor.
NBC
Officially Renewed
Grimm
You go, Grimm. :D
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#5 Post by PhoenixHope » May 2nd, 2015, 12:54 am

RJDiogenes wrote:A friend of mine likes this (Forever), so I hope it is saved.
Alas, your friend is very likely to be disappointed, because the ratings just aren't there.
RJDiogenes wrote:I will be very sad to see this (Galavant) cancelled.
Well, Galavant is more likely to be renewed than Forever, but it's more likely than not that neither will be renewed.
RJDiogenes wrote:I am rooting for Agent Carter more than anything. I've also seen FOTB a couple of times, and it's pretty funny.
I think the nail in the coffin for Marvel's Agent Carter is the ratings, but also the fact that a spin-off is in the works and so said spin-off is more likely to get picked up over MAC being renewed.

Now back to my guesses:

It feels like I'm probably gonna end up being wrong about CSI and The Good Wife - rumors are that both may be picked up for short seasons. I'm unsure on The Good Wife, but the current rumors for CSI are saying six episodes.
(Though I do believe in my original post I said this was a possible outcome.)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#6 Post by PhoenixHope » May 3rd, 2015, 10:01 pm

*sigh*

Part of me feels like I should run through and redo this one more time before Monday (i.e. tomorrow), but I honestly can't see much of anything I'd change, though I guess based on certain things I've seen/heard of late I'd probably switch the positions of The Good Wife and Hawaii Five-0.

Because try as I might I can't bring myself to decide which of the NBC toss ups are the ones that NBC might renew. And aside from what I've mentioned here I'm pretty certain about the rest.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#7 Post by PhoenixHope » May 5th, 2015, 12:01 am

D'OH!

And to the absolute surprise of no one anywhere - seriously, people overseas could probably see this one coming FOX has given The Simpsons a two-fer.

TWO MORE SEASONS!

(At the end of this renewal The Simpsons will have 625 episodes.)

Homer says: “I've outlasted Letterman, Jon Stewart and ‘McDreamy,’ because I have something they don’t: a costly 200-donut-a-day addiction.”

(In fact I apparently saw this coming so much that it looks like I put it on the renewed list before this announcement. D'OH!)

RJDiogenes

#8 Post by RJDiogenes » May 5th, 2015, 10:23 pm

Good grief. :shock: When will it end? How many seasons is that? Thirty? I wish Futurama had gotten half as many.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#9 Post by PhoenixHope » May 5th, 2015, 11:49 pm

At the end of the two season renewal The Simpsons will have twenty eight seasons.

The Simpsons is starting to catch up to roaches at this point.

RJDiogenes

#10 Post by RJDiogenes » May 6th, 2015, 10:37 pm

There is a pure, fundamental wrongness about The Simpsons being on the air for 28 years. :shock:

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#11 Post by PhoenixHope » May 7th, 2015, 4:14 pm

Well, well, well, despite conventional wisdom (that even I myself follow) that says a show with three full seasons will always get a fourth has proven untrue on this day, because FOX did NOT renew The Mindy Project for a fourth season, which to be fair from a straight ratings perspective cancelation makes sense. So it's not a surprise on the level that Beauty and the Beast season three renewal was, but it is a bit of a surprise.
(There are some rumors that the show is being shopped to Hulu for a two season pick-up, which if happened would mean that The Mindy Project would end up with four seasons despite being canceled by FOX.)

On the other hand, to the surprise of none (or very few) the CW has renewed iZombie for a second season. YAY! Because honestly I didn't think I'd like this show, but decided mostly on a whim to give it a shot (well that and I was curious about how a CW zombie show would be done) and surprisingly find myself not only still watching but also enjoying. The characters are goodly drawn and engaging and the plot us surprisingly good, though while it is better than one might expect it is still almost the show you'd expect from a CW zombie show - so don't tune in expecting The Walking Dead or even a bloody violent zombie show.
(Premiere date and episode number to be revealed later - by the CW. If they'd revealed those details I would've shared them here.)

Oh and while this thread is mostly for renew and cancel I'll go ahead and note that CBS has ordered Supergirl to series. Mostly I don't note new series pick-ups in the renew/cancel threads, because the upfront posts will usually note all the new shows.
(No other details revealed, though most new shows get picked up for 13 episodes with the option to pick up nine more if the ratings demand it. And I would expect this to premiere in the fall, but CBS hasn't said yet so it could end up being a mid-season show.)

RJDiogenes

#12 Post by RJDiogenes » May 7th, 2015, 10:54 pm

Too bad about The Mindy Project. I've liked the ones I've seen. I think it would be smart of Hulu or Netflix to pick it up.

I'm not surprised about Supergirl, since they seemed to be implying from the start that it was in like Flynn. I'll probably give it a try, since she was one of my favorites back in the 60s.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#13 Post by PhoenixHope » May 7th, 2015, 11:24 pm

And now it's officially official the CW has canceled Hart of Dixie and The Messengers.

And has picked up Legends of Tomorrow (The Flash/Arrow spin-off), Crazy Ex-girlfriend (the token CBS show), and Cordon (Julie Plec's latest buzz show that kinda sounds like it wants to be The Walking Dead but without the zombies), which is interesting when you consider that the CW only has ten hours a week to fill and had already renewed nine of their shows plus half-way summer shows that lap into the season; Whose Line is it Anyway? and America's Next Top Model - the latter of which usually runs til sometime in November, which leaves them with eleven renewed shows and three newbies.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAND rumor has it that iZombie's second season will be 22 episodes, so clearly it's not gonna be a mid-season entry. But to my surprise it would appear Legends of Tomorrow won't start until Jan. So, it seems to me (but I could be wrong) that at least one other newbie will be a mid-season entry maybe both if The 100 starts in the fall again OR all the newbies plus The 100 get toddled off to mid-season.
(Though I still think the CW should move Reign to summer with Beauty and the Beast, but the question is will they? Well, that and which show(s) get screwed onto Friday.)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#14 Post by PhoenixHope » May 8th, 2015, 5:20 am

So I should've went offline a few hours ago, but I was waiting because I knew some ABC renewals was a-coming and then I got distracted by some other things but just had to check before I went offline and here it is:

ABC RENEWED (so far):

Modern Family
Scandal
Greys Anatomy
The Goldbergs
The Middle
Black-ish
Once Upon A Time
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.EL.D.
Castle
Fresh Off The Boat
Agent Carter
Secrets & Lies
American Crime
Galavant
Nashville

And what the hell unscripted RENEWED:

Shark Tank
Beyond the Tank
The Bachelor
America's Funniest Home Videos
Dancing with the Stars

NEW ABC CANCELS:

Forever
Cristela
Resurrection
The Taste

So a couple of mild surprises one being Galavant and the other being Agent Carter - the latter not totally surprising I did have it as a toss up after all. And I'll be honest after doing some research Galavants ratings weren't totally awful so I should've probably had that one as a toss up too.
(And probably what saved Agent Carter is the fact that the other Marvel spin-off is apparently not happening at this time.)

Probably lots more to come (from all networks) tomorrow AND over the weekend. Honestly, while I will check again before going to work tomorrow I expect most of the news will drop while I'm actually at work or possibly later in the evening after I'm home from work.

Edited this because it was late last night when I posted so I decided to clean it up a bit this morning - mostly to simply include all the ABC shows renewed and canceled, because last night I just posted the new ones, which could be a bit confusing. But since I didn't include reality in this list I just put this under the original.

ABC

Unknown

Last Man Standing

Renewed

Nashville
Galavant
American Crime
Secrets & Lies
Agent Carter
Fresh Off The Boat
Castle
Once Upon A Time
black-ish
The Middle
The Goldbergs
Grey's Anatomy
Scandal
Modern Family

Canceled

Forever
Cristela
Resurrection
Revenge
Selfie
Manhattan Love Story

So far (with ABC) I've missed two. Though if ABC decides not to renew Last Man Standing that would bring me to a minus 3 with ABC.

And the final CW list, since the fate of all the CW shows are now known:

CW

Unknown

None

Renewed

The Flash
Arrow
Supernatural
iZombie
The Vampire Diaries
The Originals
Jane the Virgin
The 100
Reign
Beauty and the Beast

Canceled

Hart of Dixie
The Messengers

With the CW this season I called it, but to be fair the CW took the guess work out by early renewing everything they planned to renew except iZombie and since they did their early renewals before this premiered it makes since that it wasn't early renewed.

RJDiogenes

#15 Post by RJDiogenes » May 8th, 2015, 10:53 pm

Seldom in my life have I been so delighted over a renewal as I am with Agent Carter. Image

And I'm shocked and happy that Galavant was renewed. I had no thought at all that there was even a chance.

I guess I was expecting SHIELD to be renewed, but it's nice to see it in written in stone.

This is a good news thread! :D

Except for Forever. I feel bad about that.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#16 Post by PhoenixHope » May 9th, 2015, 1:01 am

As it stands at 7:00 P.M. (CST) on Friday May 8 :
(Updating as more info is revealed)

ABC

Unknown

None

Renewed

Last Man Standing
Nashville
Galavant
American Crime *
Secrets & Lies
Agent Carter
Fresh Off The Boat
Castle
Once Upon A Time
black-ish
The Middle
The Goldbergs
Grey's Anatomy
Scandal
Modern Family

Canceled

Forever
Cristela
Resurrection
Revenge
Selfie
Manhattan Love Story

Predictors Score

-2 (final)

CBS

Unknown

None

Renewed

The Big Bang Theory
Scorpion
Madam Secretary
Mom
Mike & Molly
2 Broke Girls
Person of Interest
Hawaii Five-0
NCIS
Blue Bloods
Criminal Minds
The Good Wife
Elementary
The Odd Couple

CSI *

Canceled

The Mentalist
Two and a Half Men
The Millers
The McCarthys
Battle Creek
Stalker

Predictors Score

- 1 and a half (final)
(I decided to take half a point off myself for missing CSI, because while as a series it is canceled it's still coming back for a two hour movie in Sept.)

CW

Unknown

None

Renewed

The Flash
Arrow
Supernatural
iZombie
The Vampire Diaries
The Originals
Jane the Virgin
The 100
Reign
Beauty and the Beast

Canceled

Hart of Dixie
The Messengers

Predictors Score

Not counted since the CW took most of the guess work out of it with their early renewals.

FOX

Unknown

None

Renewed

Empire
Gotham
The Simpsons
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Sleepy Hollow
Bob's Burgers
New Girl
The Last Man on Earth
Bones
Family Guy

Canceled

Glee
Mulaney
Gracepoint
Red Band Society
The Mindy Project
The Following
Backstrom
Weird Loners

Predictors Score

-1 (final)

NBC

Unknown

American Odyssey

Renewed

The Blacklist
Chicago Fire
Chicago P.D.
Grimm
Undateable
The Night Shift
The Mysteries of Laura

Canceled

Parks & Recreation
Parenthood
A to Z
Bad Judge
Constantine
Allegiance
State of Affairs
One Big Happy
Marry Me
About a Boy

Predictors Score

Perfect (tentative)

Re: CSI, I'm not sure how to score myself now, because it would appear CSI will be canceled but get a two hour movie to cap off the series. Still that's not official yet.

UPDATE: 8:15 P.M. (CST) - CSI: Cyber has been renewed for a second season. Though it will be retooled - some rumors are suggesting said retool will be major, but the latter is merely rumor.

Non-UPDATE: 10:00 P.M. (CST) - after two sleepless nights I MUST HAVE SLEEP. And anymore news that breaks tonight will still be there to be seen in the A.M. HAPPY RENEWAL SEASON TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT! *grin*

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#17 Post by PhoenixHope » May 9th, 2015, 6:51 pm

So it's a brand new day and some brand new news:

NBC has renewed The Night Shift and The Mysteries of Laura - sources suggest the latter will be a half season. Also, regarding Undateable its coming season will be all live episodes.

And also apparently I had a bit of a mistake - it seems Weird Loners (FOX) has not yet been officially canceled.

RJDiogenes

#18 Post by RJDiogenes » May 9th, 2015, 9:45 pm

I wonder if they'll dare cancel The Bible. There will be backlash! :lol:

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#19 Post by PhoenixHope » May 10th, 2015, 7:17 pm

Soooo, NBC released their 2015/16 schedule this morning and I quote "The decision on the future of “A.D. The Bible Continues” and “American Odyssey” will come at a later date after their respective seasons have ended." However, honestly with NBC having renewed The Mysteries of Laura I'm guessing American Odyssey and AD: The Bible Continues are canceled.

So I'm tentatively gonna give myself a perfect score for NBC. I had AD: The Bible Continues as a toss up so even if NBC renews later that wouldn't affect my score. What would change it to minus one is if NBC decided to mysteriously renew American Odyssey which has ratings on par with the CW's Jane the Virgin and The 100 so obviously while that'd get it renewed on the CW I'm assuming at least at present NBC still has slightly higher standards. But seriously out of the two A.D. The Bible Continues is the one more likely to be renewed and even that's iffy.

RJDiogenes

#20 Post by RJDiogenes » May 10th, 2015, 10:19 pm

Wow, NBC hates America and the Bible. Boycott! Image

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#21 Post by PhoenixHope » May 11th, 2015, 4:51 pm

Last night ABC renewed Last Man Standing and then today it became clear that FOX renewed Family Guy since it was on the fall schedule FOX released this morning. Weird Loners was not on that schedule but I have learned that it has finally been canceled. And I say finally not because I hated the show (I in fact didn't watch the show) but finally because it took FOX forever to get around to announcing the obvious.

Some more headline news - the coming season will be the final season of American Idol and mega hit Empire didn't get a full season despite landing on the fall schedule, but that's not entirely surprising and it did get 18 episodes which will be split into fall and winter like most full season shows.

RJDiogenes

#22 Post by RJDiogenes » May 11th, 2015, 11:05 pm

American Idol is going off the air? Wow, I thought that would be on forever. :o

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#23 Post by PhoenixHope » May 11th, 2015, 11:41 pm

Well, to be fair, the last two seasons haven't been good to/for American Idol ratings-wise.

And CBS dropped their renewal bomb today: Person of Interest, Hawaii Five-0, NCIS, Blue Bloods, NCIS: Los Angeles, Criminal Minds, The Good Wife , Elementary, Survivor, Undercover Boss, The Amazing Race, 60 Minutes, The Odd Couple, and 48 Hours, which makes me minus one on my CBS predictions. And I'll probably end up at least being minus one and a half.

UPDATE (Tuesday Morning):

It would appear that Person of Interest will be a finale season of thirteen episodes, which means it was much closer to being canceled than anyone guessed. I think that means for my predictions next season (and at least with CBS and to a certain extent the CW) I'm going to have to give preference to shows from the networks own studio and not simply predict based on ratings alone.

Also it looks like unlike the other networks ABC isn't going to reveal their schedule this morning instead it'll be in the afternoon and after I'm already at work. SO I won't be able to get it up and posted until after work.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#24 Post by PhoenixHope » May 15th, 2015, 6:25 pm

Okay, so I'll put this in this thread as well since this was where I first "reported" that The Mindy Project had been canceled.

As (somewhat) expected The Mindy Project has been picked up for a 26 episode season. So it will end up with four seasons after all despite having been canceled by FOX.

RJDiogenes

#25 Post by RJDiogenes » May 15th, 2015, 11:16 pm

I'm happy for Mindy. I should make it a point to watch on Hulu, just to let them know they made the right decision.

I wonder if the show will change at all, being off network. A couple of the episodes I saw were pretty risque, so I wonder if they will go further.