Moderators: PhoenixHope, Grim

PhoenixHope
Administrators

The CW Fall 2015/16 Schedule Reveled:

#1 Post by PhoenixHope » May 14th, 2015, 4:08 pm

THE CW’s 2015-2016 PRIMETIME SCHEDULE
(All Times Eastern)

MONDAY

8:00-9:00 PM CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND (New Series)
9:00-10:00 PM JANE THE VIRGIN

TUESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM THE FLASH
9:00-10:00 PM IZOMBIE

WEDNESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM ARROW
9:00-10:00 PM SUPERNATURAL

THURSDAY

8:00-9:00 PM THE VAMPIRE DIARIES
9:00-10:00 PM THE ORIGINALS (New Night)

FRIDAY

8:00-9:00 PM REIGN (New Night)
9:00-10:00 PM AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL

The headlines:

Apparently in the small time from pick-up until now Cordon has been renamed Containment and it along with Legends of Tomorrow, The 100, and Whose Line Is It Anyway are held for mid-season.

Well, that and Reign still hasn't yet joined Beauty and the Beast in summer, but I'm sorta betting it will before the 2015/16 season is over, because now it's moved to Friday and lets face it Reign was not holding up well on Thursday and Friday always comes with slightly lower ratings, but also the CW has a rather full mid-season slate this time around which means somethings gonna have to give.

And apparently (at least as of right now) The Vampire Diaries (despite the loss of Elena) is not going into its final season - ratings this coming fall could (of course) change that.

~

On the personal side it looks like this time around I won't be watching The Originals until mid-season, because while I like The Originals I simply like Sleepy Hollow more. Mostly though I'm just glad neither Supernatural or iZombie ended up in that slot, because that would've made a more difficult choice even though I might be mad as hell at Supernatural right now I'd still probably chose it over Sleepy Hollow.
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

Re: The CW Fall 2015/16 Schedule Reveled:

#2 Post by RJDiogenes » May 15th, 2015, 12:01 am

I'm kind of surprised they didn't move Supernatural. They usually do. :lol:
Come visit RJDiogenes.com :) And check out My Gallery :) And My YouTube Page :)

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#3 Post by PhoenixHope » May 15th, 2015, 6:23 pm

I think they might've learned their lesson, because all the moving of Supernatural this season didn't exactly help it out. So I think maybe the CW decided to try and be stable this coming season with it.

Though it won't recover in the ratings (I'm guessing) until the people behind Supernatural stop being so damn Anti-Sam. At least in my opinion.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

RJDiogenes

#4 Post by RJDiogenes » May 15th, 2015, 11:13 pm

I wonder if they will lose many viewers for killing off Charlie. Honestly, it made me consider not bothering anymore. I'm kind of over it now. Maybe.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#5 Post by PhoenixHope » May 16th, 2015, 2:23 am

Sadly for you it's doubtful. I don't really know about offline, but most of the online world kinda hated Charlie - maybe not as much as idiot Claire or over-the-top Rowena but still Charlie wasn't well loved in the Supernatural online fandom.

Sadly I would've probably counted myself in that group except for the fact that she was a lesbian and I admit because of that I was somewhat more willing to overlook some of the Mary Sue traits that was over-abundant in the Charlie character.
(Others in the fandom didn't overlook anything just cause she was gay and was totally willing to loathe her over those Mary Sue traits and I admit sometimes I had to grit my teeth.)

But also the episode where Charlie died scored a 0.6 A18-49 rating and the post-Charlie episode scored a 0.7 A18-49 rating. So while I have no doubt there are a few people here and there that feel as you do for the most part Charlie or the lack thereof will not affect the ratings much either way.

RJDiogenes

#6 Post by RJDiogenes » May 16th, 2015, 9:21 pm

I don't understand Charlie hate. She was such cute nerd and a nerdy hero.

I've already written a bit of a comment into my web comic for tomorrow. I guess it won't be popular if that many people didn't like her. :lol:

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#7 Post by PhoenixHope » May 16th, 2015, 10:45 pm

Well, as I said, Charlie isn't the most hated Supernatural female by and large by the online fandom. As I said I think the biggest problem most had with her was that she was the most adorablest and most perfectest and many times when she appeared Dean and Sam (but Sam most especially) tended to get stupider in an effort to prop the Charlie character up (and Dean just instantly bonded with her cause she was just that awesome (and the head leviathan basically went fanboy over her as well), except she actually wasn't) AND that no matter what the character does tend to piss an audience off.
(It's one of the two big reasons that I feel the first Criminal Minds spin-off failed, the other issue was one of the actresses on the original being fired so money could be spared for the spin-off that no one was really clamoring for in the first place, but in the back-door pilot the regular cast which the audience knows and loves was maybe not made into idiots but they was made less smart so the new characters could look smarter - JUST MAKE THE NEW CHARACTERS SMARTER!)

It's kinda like when "because the plot demanded it" becomes obvious (it's annoying of the very) - the people behind the show clearly wanted Charlie to be a loved character (which is kinda why I suspect she was made gay in the first place and sometimes that leaves me bitter that the only reason they had a gay character appear was to try and manipulate the audience into at least not hating her, which as I said kinda did work for me at least hence the bitterness) and so Dean and Sam love her beyond reason when there's really no organic reason for them to love her so much. In fact in some ways there are other "one-off" characters over the years that would make more sense for them to feel such way about, but because the people behind the show wanted Charlie loved that honor went to her.
(For me, my biggest problem was that it seemed like the peeps behind Supernatural made Charlie that way because FD demanded it - no, I'm not saying she did, she might not have, I don't know. What I do know is that FD doesn't really want to be an actress because if she did she'd stop playing the same character over and over again - ubercuteNerd, especially designed to give fanboys a woody. But that doesn't necessarily mean she demands show people make her character that way.)

As for your comic it might be popular with its audience - I'm expecting you would likely have more fanboys reading than not and so they'd probably agree with you. Of course, maybe you have a boat-load of Supernatural fans rather than comic fans. Who knows.

RJDiogenes

#8 Post by RJDiogenes » May 17th, 2015, 9:27 pm

I'm not sure. I have a feeling a lot of them have no idea what I'm talking about. It didn't really get more of a reaction than usual. :lol:

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#9 Post by PhoenixHope » May 17th, 2015, 9:42 pm

Okay, kinda can't believe I missed this during the upfronts news.

Anyway, as I mentioned above The Vampire Diaries is not officially going into its final season. Nor does it seem as though there are plans to try and replace Elena, because Mark P. said a show about brothers could continue for a long time (coyly referring to Supernatural with that).

However, my instincts on this one say that while its not officially entering a final season it seems likely it probably is though it is possible that it could eek out a couple more at least if the people behind the show can get their asses in gear. Basically because the current crop of people in control of the show are also still the same onse where a couple of producers/writers have come out and actually admitted they have no idea how to write Stefan. So yeah I think my lack of faith is justified here, though if they could get a brotherly bond going then yeah that might see them last more than one more season.

But that's not exactly where I'm meaning to go with this - what I missed here was Supernatural Season 12 & Beyond plans confirmed by the CW. It should be noted that does not mean the show has already been renewed again.
"We have no intention of this being its last season" - Pedowitz on #Supernatural #TheCW #Upfronts2015

&

“As long as the guys want to continue doing it and the ratings hold, we’re in.”
Also, it should be noted that Jensen and Jared would have to sign on again as I think they're only signed on through season eleven at the moment. And I guess one should note that "as long as the ratings hold" bit, because at mid-season this season the ratings did take a bit of a tumble, though the show still rated higher than The Vampire Diaries. And TV shows are like the group of friends being chased by the big bad bear - you don't have to outrun the bear you just have to outrun at least one of your former friends. Meaning Supernatural doesn't have to be the highest rated show on the CW to continue it just needs to out-run(rate) about (at least) four other CW shows to be safe.
(Basically, if Supernatural can hold third/forth rated CW show again next season then yeah it'll be renewed IF they can get Jensen and Jared to sign on again.)

And that's sorta my point and what I've been thinking is that the CW would rather not cancel both shows the same season if there's any way they can avoid that. (Just like how I doubt they'd cancel The Flash and Arrow during the same season, though that's probably longer off than the ends of The Vampire Diaries and Supernatural.) So my current thinking is that as long as Supernatural can stay above The Vampire Diaries ratings-wise... Well, basically in my own head I was sorta betting that Supernatural would (at least) see a twelth season. Although I'm sure Mark P. hopes to see The Vampire Diaries going to season eight and Supernatural going to thirteen/fourteen at least.

(Obviously nothing can be written in stone or at least accurately predicted until the shows start airing next season so this whole post(including Mark P.'s comments) should be taken with a grain of salt until at least sometime next season, except the stuff about the bear, because that's true one just can't yet know which shows will be faster than their network siblings.)
RJDiogenes wrote:I'm not sure. I have a feeling a lot of them have no idea what I'm talking about. It didn't really get more of a reaction than usual. :lol:
Well, supposedly some on Twitter are having (or had) a bit of a melt-down over her death, so you aren't alone. Note: I don't read Twitter, but I read other places where people was talking about the Twitter reaction. And in my opinion Twitter just kinda reacts or over-reacts to just about everything, so...

Still I hope I haven't made you feel like you was the only person ever to like Charlie, because it was never my intent to say no one but you liked Charlie, because I know that's not true. Hell, most of the time I won't say I liked her, but most of the time I didn't really hate her either. My main point was that her death wasn't likely to affect Supernatural over-much simply because after her first few episodes it seems the audience she'd brought with her didn't stay or even keep coming back to see her on the show again and that it didn't seem likely her death would be enough to drive the general Supernatural audience away. Carver's piss-poor refried beans handling of the show is more likely to keep driving the audience away than the loss of any one single character unless that character was Dean or Sam.

RJDiogenes

#10 Post by RJDiogenes » May 18th, 2015, 10:54 pm

That's true. I suppose if killing Bobby didn't drive everyone away, killing Charlie won't drive everyone away.

But... Season 12 and beyond. That's pretty amazing. It's hard to believe that this is the show that nobody really noticed the first few years it was on the air.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#11 Post by PhoenixHope » June 25th, 2015, 2:45 am

THE CW NETWORK ANNOUNCES FALL 2015 PREMIERE DATES

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29

8:00-10:00pm IHEARTRADIO FESTIVAL NIGHT ONE

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30

8:00-10:00pm IHEARTRADIO FESTIVAL NIGHT TWO

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 6

8:00-9:00pm THE FLASH (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00pm IZOMBIE (Season Premiere)

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 7

8:00-9:00pm ARROW (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00pm SUPERNATURAL (Season Premiere)

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 8

8:00-9:00pm THE VAMPIRE DIARIES (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00pm THE ORIGINALS (Season Premiere)

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9

8:00-9:00pm REIGN (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00pm AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL CYCLE 22

MONDAY, OCTOBER 19

8:00-9:00pm CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND (Series Premiere)
9:00-10:00pm JANE THE VIRGIN (Season Premiere)

NOTE: America's Next Top Model is not a season premiere, but a timeslot move - I believe it'll air on Wednesday's during the summer and then move to Friday once the season starts. ALSO, this is all subject to change - it seems at least every network (including the CW) will have at least one change from its annouced premiere dates.

RJDiogenes

#12 Post by RJDiogenes » June 25th, 2015, 10:18 pm

A little over three months till we find out if Death is really dead. :lol:

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#13 Post by PhoenixHope » June 26th, 2015, 6:34 pm

Knowing Carver, or I suppose rather Carver's style since I don't actually know Carver personally I'm betting that Death is really D.E.A.D., because frankly Carver seemed to just see Death as a villain instead of the nuanced character he actually was.
(Frankly despite the "darkness" escaping I'm honestly expecting pretty much more of the same from Supernatural - meaning this big thing that should change at least a little something in universe if nothing more than making things and people a little darker (aka more prone to evil) happened but things and people will go on as though pretty much nothing happened. Oh and Carver will somehow have Dean and Sam fighting within (lets be generous) a half hour of the season premiere starting. Honestly though I have a feeling it'll happen just after the teaser. Cause Carver seems to think the bothers CONSTANTLY fighting is what really drives this show. *sigh*)

Anyway, I came back to make known, because I thought I'd noted in this thread that iZombie had gotten a 22 episode second season (I know I put that somewhere on Terran) and that was apparently wrong, because right now it was renewed for 13 with a back-nine option, which would make it 22 but at present only 13 are certain.

So here's how the episode counts for the coming season stand at the present time (according to SPOILERTV):

Shows with 23 episodes:

The Flash
Arrow
Supernatural

Shows with 22 Episodes:

The Vampire Diaries
The Originals
Jane the Virgin
Reign

Shows with 16 episodes:

Legends of Tomorrow *

Shows with 13 episodes:

The 100 *
iZombie
Containment *
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

* So most shows start with 13 episodes and then have a back-nine option. However, with several of the shows on the CW this season not starting until mid-season (though a couple in January) it's unlikely those marked with a * will get a back-nine - not impossible (especially for those starting in January), but unlikely.

RJDiogenes

#14 Post by RJDiogenes » June 26th, 2015, 10:47 pm

But if Death is dead, doesn't that mean people won't die anymore? Maybe that's how the Winchesters survive the Darkness. They just can't die. :D

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#15 Post by PhoenixHope » June 26th, 2015, 11:33 pm

You seem to be forgetting we're still dealing with the team that allowed fandom to coin the term "lol canon"

Seriously, I'm betting there won't be ANY effect from said death and things will continue as they was because if not that might lead to them having to resurrect Death and I'm sure having to do that would fry something in Carver's brain.

RJDiogenes

#16 Post by RJDiogenes » June 27th, 2015, 9:26 pm

Maybe it will be like God and Lucifer and somebody will take over as Acting Death. :D