Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Movie

For all general Sci-fi and Fantasy discussions, be it books, TV or movies

Moderator: PhoenixHope

ElanaM

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Movie

#1 Post by ElanaM » October 17th, 2004, 9:56 pm

As some of you may already know, I currently work across the road from Leavesden Studios (just outside of London) where they film the Harry Potter movies. Over the past couple of years we have seen them train the owls and the Night Bus but recently they have built 2 constructions which appear to be some form of arena. Most of us thought they were for the Quidditch World Cup but apparently they are also being used to film the scenes where the Goblet of Fire contestants have to deal with their Dragon Eggs. I have taken some digital pics and will upload tomorrow for those interested.

PhoenixHope
Administrators

#2 Post by PhoenixHope » October 17th, 2004, 10:48 pm

Oh, I am very interested, you lucky BraGoddess. You are the BG, right? So many new names. LOL

I'm still not sure how I'll feel about the movie version of GoF, but I do know I'll watch it. Of course I still haven't watched PoA, though I have pre-ordered it... Possibly a mistake, reviews about the movie seem like a mixed bag at best. But since I didn't really like the PoA novel I'm hopeful the movie might be better for me.

{voice from nowhere}Yo, stay on topic!

Right... Topic... GoF.

*waits for piccys*
Tim (needs lighter): ...and none of you smoke.
Art (looks at armada): Nobody smokes? This is Kentucky, not Sausalito. What's wrong with you people!
(per capita in KY toss a cat u'll hit a smoker! So that's where Justified puts the fiction in the show.)

TNeia
Location: Vulcan - it still exists! Sod Abrams and his alt timelines!

#3 Post by TNeia » October 22nd, 2004, 9:23 pm

PoA was my favourite book, but the film was a disappointment. I don't understand why they made the magical world so cold, and grimy and horrible looking - even the new Dumbledore looked kind of dirty greay, and his fingernails were filthy!!! Harry's room at The Leaky Cauldron looked like a squat in King's Cross, it was so awful!

And there was no quidditch!

But I still want to see these pics!

how will they do the dragons? CGI?? I love dragons, I can't wait!! :D