New Hitchhikers on the Radio

For all general Sci-fi and Fantasy discussions, be it books, TV or movies

Moderator: PhoenixHope

Fairy Nuff

New Hitchhikers on the Radio

#1 Post by Fairy Nuff » October 18th, 2004, 7:09 pm

I need to confess: I gave up partway during the first episode, for a multitude of reasons:

I liked season 2 of the radio show and it bugs me that it got written off as a dream - I want to know what happens after they meet the Ruler of the Universe and Arthur steals the Heart of Gold, not the irritating Krikkit robots *sulk*

They all sounded old - particularly Trillian - so although I'm over the moon they've got the real actors back (Geoff McGivern, yay!) it really sounds like 20 years have passed which is irritating

6:30 isn't good if you finish work at 5.30 and it takes an hour to get home

But most of all, it's just not the same when at the back of my mind I know it's not the original, and what it has to match up to is part of what made me me - the magic's not there, and it makes me sad.

So has anyone else heard it, and got thoughts? I've yet to come across anyone who's enthusiastic so would be interesting to hear if it really has worked for anyone! Having said all that, I'll probably get it on CD when it comes out for completeness sake.

Plus, how cool is it to have the original text game available again?? I've only played a little bit - got as far as taking the analgesic - but I'm looking forward to a solid day battling the Bable fish again!
Little Bunny Foo Foo, hopping through the forest
Scooping up the fieldmice and bopping them on the head

Duracell
Tinpot Dictator

#2 Post by Duracell » October 18th, 2004, 10:26 pm

O_o **goes looking for the game**

have not heard any of the radio show though, do you know if the BBC archived it on the net, on BBC7 perhaps?

Fairy Nuff

#3 Post by Fairy Nuff » October 18th, 2004, 10:41 pm

Game's here - is very cool! I need to get the hints book off my daddy :D

I don't think they've archived the original radio show - it's for sale, so doubt they'd give it away for free (grraargh i pay the license fee so it's my property) - worth getting hold of if you can though. It gets repeated every now and again I think. It's my favourite version - but then I think it's kind of like Dr. Who, you love your first version of HHGTG no matter what anyone else says :lol: [/url]
Little Bunny Foo Foo, hopping through the forest
Scooping up the fieldmice and bopping them on the head

Duracell
Tinpot Dictator

#4 Post by Duracell » October 18th, 2004, 10:46 pm

Yeah I have the origional around here someplace