What Messageboards Do You Belong To?

Talk about blogs, messageboards, and other social media like Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, and LiveJournal.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: What Messageboards Do You Belong To?

Post by RJDiogenes »

Yeah, that's a problem with the cookie settings; but only Renie can change that. And she has other things on her mind at the moment. It will be fixed eventually. :yes:

I can fix KJ's name,though. :D
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape:
Joel
Augur
Augur

Post by Joel »

RJDiogenes wrote:That's J Allen's board; he's a real sweetheart, so I'm sure it's a great place. :yes:
I should register there again, but just am too lazy.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I'd like to, except that I'm overextended as it is. :loopy:

Electric Coleslaw
Pleb
Pleb

Post by Electric Coleslaw »

I'm at:

TrekBBS - with the same username as here.
Here
Wordforge - I'm a different name over there. I didn't want any TNZ prejudices to carry over so I went in anonymous. Jenee knows who I am though.

I also have an account at an Oasis board but I haven't posted in years. And I've been thinking about joining Starscape.
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

^ I haven't been there long, but Starscape is a nice place. You should definitely give it a shot! :thumbsup:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
Electric Coleslaw
Pleb
Pleb

blab isn't there is she? I don't want to get yelled at again.
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

No, no confirmed blab sightings, that I know of. ;) Now that you're here, she can ease off of Lupy and RJ...
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Whew! :yes:

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

I think you guys are safe for now. She's busy plotting Holdfast's demise, after he infected most of the posters at TBBS.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Electric Coleslaw
Pleb
Pleb

I just made a recent (although brief) return to the TrekBBS. Kinda like old times. Only took a few posts before blab made me feel at home by devising a painful death for me.
It's tougher for me to post these days like I used to. At work they actually expect me to produce results.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

^
I saw that thread...something about death by fire ants. :lol:
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Electric Coleslaw
Pleb
Pleb

and honey...which really doesn't sound all bad....at first....
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

That's how she does it...she makes it sound appealing at first, but then she brings out the napalm.
australis
Centurion
Centurion

Post by australis »

THREAD BUMP!

TBBS and here. That's been it for a long time.

I've also started occasionally at the SFX forum. They have a great subforum under off topic discussions over there, called suicide and depression. It's the anti-TNZ. People come in with problems, some small, some huge , a lot overwhelming, and talk it through with others. it's well moderated, no one points and laughs, no one is cruel, though they are sometimes tough. There are too many hugs being passed around for my taste, but I think it does good work.

I don't really have the time for anything much else, and after working my way out of TBBS, I'm not going to join more.
"... times change, and so must I… we all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and that’s okay, that’s good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
mudshark
Centurion
Centurion

Post by mudshark »

I'd thought I wasn't going to be joining more, but I recently found myself signing up first at Scifi-Meshes.com because it was the only way I could view the image attachments posted over there by people linking from the Trek Art forum to models they were working on. Then, shortly after, I signed up at the Replica Prop Forum, in order to follow and comment on works in progress being posted over there.
Methinks Ted Sturgeon was too kind.

Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

The Anti-TNZ... maybe that's what TrekBBS needs....

Jenee
Gladiator
Gladiator

Post by Jenee »

Here
Trekbbs
Wordforge
Starscape

This thread looks so familiar to me..., I know I posted in here before ...
mudshark
Centurion
Centurion

Post by mudshark »

It's the mind...

Methinks Ted Sturgeon was too kind.

Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...
J. Allen
Pleb
Pleb

Post by J. Allen »

I post here (now), but also:

Trek BBS - Still considered my home away from home. I just crossed the 28,000 post mark the other day. It blew my mind. I remember when I had 4 posts and was looking at the board ranking chart remarking at all the people who had 16,000 posts.

Kellyz - Actually, I feel bad, because Kellyz is a terrific message board, and I've no reason why my visits are so intermittent other than that I am a cad.

LoNAF - I visited LoNAF approximately 8 months ago. I may return to visit again soon. :lol:

That's about it. Oh, wait. I keep trying to remember, there's one more board I visit, um, Star Trek, uh, landscape, star land, landtrek, um, something to do with pretty colors... and some guy who wants to rule the world with smiles or else... and I can't remember it. It'll come to me.

J.
~All You Need Is Love~
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Starfield Of Dreams. If you build the HTML, they will come. :angel:

I suspect you may be referring to Starscape. ;)

Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

Oh yeah, I can't remember if I listed it, but I'm a member there too. :yes: Nice place J has set up.

J. Allen
Pleb
Pleb

Post by J. Allen »

RJDiogenes wrote:Starfield Of Dreams. If you build the HTML, they will come. :angel:

I suspect you may be referring to Starscape. ;)
Hmm. That name sounds familiar. :D
Sean wrote:Oh yeah, I can't remember if I listed it, but I'm a member there too. :yes: Nice place J has set up.
Thank you, Sean.

Yeah, we had our share of server troubles too, so I sympathize with ReNext. One of those can break a board.
I know with Starscape, when our server crashed we went from 350+ members to nothing, and then I had to rebuild and we now have 72 after 6 months on the new server.

J.
~All You Need Is Love~
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

^ I can't remember how many ReNext had before the Apocalypse ( I was still pretty new here), but I can tell that we lost a bunch, just based on the old Mods and Admins list. A lot of the people on that list haven't even re-registered.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Something tells me that we had a little over a hundred registered; not that many active of course. I'd love to have 72. :D

J. Allen
Pleb
Pleb

Post by J. Allen »

Sean wrote:^ I can't remember how many ReNext had before the Apocalypse ( I was still pretty new here), but I can tell that we lost a bunch, just based on the old Mods and Admins list. A lot of the people on that list haven't even re-registered.
That's what we're facing at Starscape. Well over 300+, but with that crash and the subsequent server move and a host of other issues, we've dwindled down to 72 with approximately 10 dedicated posters at any given time.

RJDiogenes wrote:Something tells me that we had a little over a hundred registered; not that many active of course. I'd love to have 72. :D
You are free to advertise over at Starscape anytime. :)

J.
~All You Need Is Love~